• Dalvik

Votes: 152 73.4%
  • ART

Votes: 55 26.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Hauk92

Jan 28, 2013
I have built CM11 according to the CM Wiki and this Post. But I currently cannot test if I did everything right and if it works.

If someone wants to try here are the links:
Removed: See the new post.
If someone wants the old build, message me. I could upload it on afh.

Please tell me if it works.

Edit: It works

Last edited:

fidodaj

Apr 2, 2014
Random reboots?

Hey ! First of all i just want to thank the OP for the astounding work on this ROM and all developers that continue to keep our One S alive! I am always thankful :) I use CM11 4.4.4 hboot 2.16 as my daily driver . My problem though is that ever so often i seem to get random reboots seemingly out of the blue and not only that they are random the phone often freezes right before rebooting.

I've read where it is very very tricky to catch the log file right after a reboot as it is cleared immediately as the phone is booted up but i was wondering what might be the cause of this if anyone knows or experiences similar problems as my own, additionally i think i get a muffled sound sometimes as well when using apps like whatsapp and others, my intuition tells me whatsapp may very well be the source of both problems and if that is the case i can't see myself departing with it as it is kinda essential lol, probably will have to live with it if not solved :(

So my question is how might i solve this problem and how to catch the error while it is freezing/rebooting the phone if anyone has any ideas i will be eternally grateful !:):):) Thank You!
Some additional information to help troubleshoot; let me know if you need anything else
S-Off Rumrunner
Hboot 2.16
TWRP 2.8.1.1
CM 11-20150107-UNOFFICIAL-ville
Radio- 1.35a.32.45.27_10.144.32.34au

kwaazaar

Aug 26, 2011
Same problem here. First I thought it was related to GPS usage, since I use it a lot while driving, but I get the reboots while in the house as well. Both CM11 and CM12 are not very stable on my phone. I decided to go back to MaximusHD, but then found out my BLE heart rate strap no longer worked. That is pretty much the only reason for me to go back to kitkat (CM11).

vitzlibutzli

Sep 22, 2013
First of all thank you for the updates and keeping this device still working with the newest Android Version (and making this little precious working for my daughter).

One thing I've noticed:
Connecting a BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) device keeps WiFi from working. If Bluetooth is on, no WiFi for me. When Bluetooth is off, works like charm ( if WiFi is connected and you turn on Bluetooth - sudden loss of incoming and outgoing data. If you turn Bluetooth on and then try to connect to WiFi no connection possible). Found out, that the One S is not the only device with that error. In fact this error is persistent since 4.3 on different devices (i.e. Nexus 4 and 7 - just Google it, you find a lot more).

What I've tried so far:
- rename device to HTC One S in WiFi Settings
- flashed the latest update from january
- wiped cache and Dalvik several times
- clean install
- connected to another router (only on 2.4 Ghz - read somewhere, that connecting to 5 Ghz might help here - still have to try that to be sure, but device is now with my daughter)
- changed radio to 1.20 to 1.35 and back
The device is s-off, Hboot 2.16, TWRP 2.8.4.0 (the latest?). 4.4 is necessary for the BLE device to work properly.

So, well, how possible is it, that this is just a software issue? Or is it frequencies interfering???

^V^

P.s.: one thing I have also not tried, but is on my list: change Kernel to.... maybe IceCode
P.p.s.: on my OnePlus One everything working
P.p.p.s.: the BLE device is a Mi Band (but I've read, that people get this annoying "feature" with Bluetooth speakers, Jabra, Plantronics, car stereo and so on).

Last edited:

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
Jun 23, 2008
Bucharest
Don't think it'll work on any ROM, I mostly think it's a interference issue. Also OneS does not have a 5 GHz capable radio for wifi so is useless to try to connect on this frequency

Sent from nowhere over the air...

mkoev

Oct 7, 2012
Varna
@Hauk92, the ROM that you built can't reboot properly. If I attempt to reboot to recovery for example the phone would simply stay on Rebooting for some time and then it will reboot but it will not go to recovery. It will simply reboot the system. The workaround it so turn it off and manually enter recovery with volume down+power.

Schwimmbuxx

Dec 1, 2013
Hamburg
Thank you for your work. ROM works like a charm on HTC ONE S ville you saved me with this =)
Do you also update those version if there a new official CM11 releases?

Is it a big deal to make the offical releases compatible with Hboot 2.16? Maybe I can do this for my own if you don't have the time for that.

Last edited:

drkxyz

Jul 30, 2013
No, its actually pretty simple. Just follow the guidelines from here
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_ville
and include the patch from here
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/53647/
for CM11 or
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/77443/
for CM12, i.e. change to the directory devices/htc/ville and copy the cherry pick line into your shell.
You just need a Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora Linux system some hard disk space, CPU power and some time to compile :D

Good luck

Thank you for your work. ROM works like a charm on HTC ONE S ville you saved me with this =)
Do you also update those version if there a new official CM11 releases?

Is it a big deal to make the offical releases compatible with Hboot 2.16? Maybe I can do this for my own if you don't have the time for that.

Schwimmbuxx

Dec 1, 2013
Hamburg
Thank you for your fast reply. Unfortunately I have some serious issues with my harddisk space (many VM's for bachelor thesis =( ) and my HTC One S randomly freezes. Can you provide a newer version than cm-11-20150224 ones again?
That would be great =)

drkxyz

Jul 30, 2013

zaak00

Aug 19, 2012
I've been running Nov 25 2014 build since it came out. The rom has been awesome and definately stable enough for a daily driver.

During past few days my phone has been losing SIM-card (saying "No SIM card") couple of times a day. The SIM is detected again only after a reboot. Toggling airplane mode on and off does not help. I cleaned up dust under the top cover and tried to look for any visual damage on the SIM slot. It looks OK... Could this be rom related? This sure sounds like a hardware issue, but I wanted to ask you guys before buying a new phone.

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
HTC One S
Nvidia Shield Tablet
I've been running Nov 25 2014 build since it came out. The rom has been awesome and definately stable enough for a daily driver.

During past few days my phone has been losing SIM-card (saying "No SIM card") couple of times a day. The SIM is detected again only after a reboot. Toggling airplane mode on and off does not help. I cleaned up dust under the top cover and tried to look for any visual damage on the SIM slot. It looks OK... Could this be rom related? This sure sounds like a hardware issue, but I wanted to ask you guys before buying a new phone.

I would backup the current system make a clean flash of CM11 to check out if the error is rom related.

Reactions: zaak00
D

darkarvan

Having serious problems with this getting google+ app to work. i tried it with PA GApps (pa_gapps-stock-4.4.4-20150117-signed.zip) and CM GApps from Wiki (20140606).
I i update the google+ app with play store, it doesnt work anymore, only erros: "No connection", "Please reload, there is not connection", it can display only the cache it seems, also Photos App doesnt work anymore.
If I remove the updates for google plus app it works again.

Someone same issue? Tried: Clearing Cache, Stopping App, Restart, even tried two different Gapps (see above). Factory Reset, Erase Cache, Dalvik and Data in Recovery (with Media), flashing CM again with wipe system and used HSPA instead of wifi.
Everything else working fine, exept google+

EDIT: Switched back to Maximus HD, Problem solved. Also battery life on CM11 was terrible. It was very fluent and fast, but no daily driver.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png
    CyanogenMod is an open source operating system which is based on the Android mobile platform (4.4.x 'KitKat'). It is developed as free and open source software based on the official releases of Android by Google, with added original and third-party code.

Installation instructions:
    • Make sure you are running Unofficial TWRP 2.8.7.1 or any other recovery compatible with hboot 2.16
    • Wipe dalvik cache, cache, *data (*=only if coming from another ROM)
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Open GApps or any other AOSP 4.4.4 compatible GApps
    • *fastboot flash boot boot.img (*=only if S-ON)
    NOTE: Don't install updates offered by OS as they are official updates and are not compatible with hboot 2.16

Screenshots
    24b3wy8.jpg

Downloads
    GDrives
    Google Drive

Kernel source: GitHub

FAQ​
    ART compatible​
    You can edit "build.prop" in sytem directory and change "lcd density" to 256​

XDA:DevDB Information
    UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 11, ROM for the HTC One S

Contributors
    cikoleko, mdmower
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: hboot 2.16

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: SNAPSHOT-M11
    Stable Release Date: 2014-10-10
    Current Beta Version: NIGHTLY
    Beta Release Date: 2016-03-17

Created 2014-01-26
    Last Updated 2016-03-17
    Hello, if there's anyone still using this ROM sorry for not adding new updates I'm abroad at the moment but probably will be back in couple of days.
    #Added 07/17 (Google Drive only)
    #Added 08/15
    #Not tested
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone