[ROM][4.4.4][KTU84P][Stable] SlimKat - T0lte-[Build 8][+Weeklies]

Search This thread

R0B3RTF1SH3R

Keep in mind that AGNI requires to be flashed on a new ROM install... it means that if you first flash (for example) Devil kernel and then AGNI, it won't work, even if they are the correct kernels.

I mention this because I wonder if flashing AGNI stock and then AGNI CM will work... please let us know. If not, you will need to do a fresh install first as I mentioned.

No, if you want to use devil kernel, you'd flash that kernel & ONLY that kernel. If you want to use agni kerne; you have to flash it over a clean/fresh rom install since it just patches the stock kernel.

ok, im confused about the previous post about it.

i am using slim on devil kernel anyway. just flashed it after install. no probs

noidman123

Mar 23, 2014
OnePlus 9
Well I used dn4 if that counts. But the main advantages are speed, stability & battery life. On dn4, all the Samsung apps & features constantly stayed in ram kept my device awake, resulting in battery drain of over 30% a night. It's tedious (and dangerous) to convert system apps to user apps & greenify all those (plus it defeats the purpose of having a touchwiz rom since i disabled all the main touchwiz features) so I had to switch to slim. If you're looking for a stock aosp rom with good features & great battery life I'd definitely recommend it. I easily get 5+ hrs of screen time with this. Not to mention slim Roms are usually more stable than most aosp Roms. (This isn't to bash the dn4/3 Roms in any way, they're great just not for me)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app

erwinsie

May 29, 2005
SyDnEy
Well I used dn4 if that counts. Not to mention slim Roms are usually more stable than most aosp Roms. (This isn't to bash the dn4/3 Roms in any way, they're great just not for me)

thanks. im sure before dn4 you also using dn3 ? well they are very similar anway. yeah i noticed i dont use any of those fancy samsung features anyway (apart from smart clip) but im willing to try something different. been with CM but never try Slims

noidman123

Mar 23, 2014
OnePlus 9
thanks. im sure before dn4 you also using dn3 ? well they are very similar anway. yeah i noticed i dont use any of those fancy samsung features anyway (apart from smart clip) but im willing to try something different. been with CM but never try Slims

Yeah I've been with both dn3 & dn4 but never really found myself using all the features. Slim is very similar to cm in lots of ways but for me slim has always been more stable/reliable. It has almost the same amount, if not a bit more, features than cm, my favorite two being the real dark slim (does wonders for screen on battery life as it turns the system ui & some apps pitch black) & the built in system app remover. Overall, you can customize it a lot if you want, or just leave it alone. Its one of those roms that "just work." You should definitely give this ROM a try :thumbup:

Edit: if you do decide to try, I recommend using a DPI changer of some sort as the default ROM DPI is different than our device default

Last edited:

erwinsie

May 29, 2005
SyDnEy
Edit: if you do decide to try, I recommend using a DPI changer of some sort as the default ROM DPI is different than our device default

i will be using nova and make the icons smaller (more icons in the page) if that is what you meant.
i also currently using apk called "app setting" but only modify chrome browser dpi to 230.

noidman123

Mar 23, 2014
OnePlus 9
i will be using nova and make the icons smaller (more icons in the page) if that is what you meant.
i also currently using apk called "app setting" but only modify chrome browser dpi to 230.

Yeah the default DPI for our device is 320 but slim sets it to like 240 something. But since you'll be changing things it shouldn't matter :) hope you enjoy the rom

hendex

Nov 3, 2007
Sydney
I wish this ROM had 'all clear' button under the recent app. Can you suggest any third party software that can do this?

atmos929

Sep 27, 2012
What is "finger and thumb in recents and pinch them together" to clear them all?... You don't mean to swipe each app from the recents list right?

sValtman17

Apr 26, 2012
@PerthSGS2 fastergps in the playstore fixed it for me. Interestingly, does not stick on reboot. No disrespect for the stock kernel, but Shift 3.9 kernel with STweaks has a setting on the tweaks tab that got it to stick. Also like the additional governors offered. With that being said. SlimKat offers an overall great experience.

Last edited:

makuu

May 26, 2006

Well, if you are not sure why don't you use both. ;)
So even if you don't like Slimkat that much you can always remove it and stay with your DN3.
You can even test several rom and still keep your DN3.
That's what I have DN4 & Slimkat in dual boot. Sometime I like the fluid slimkat.
But sometime I miss the DN4 and it's samsung feature, so just need few minutes to reboot and it's just like I changed my phone. :)

Badzoo

Feb 13, 2011
Wifi not turning on

Help, my wife is not turning on when I am in airplane mode like it did in the past. It just refuses to turn on, sometimes I can get around it by disabling airplane mode, getting signal, switching the airplane mode back on and then it allows to turn on wifi.
I have tried the tip a few page ago, but it does not work.

ray1234

May 7, 2007
CPU at max when Power Connected

I don't know if anyone is still using this rom. This rom is perfect without any bugs for me, except for one minor annoyance......

Whenever I connect the phone to charger, the CPU will max out at 100%, with Google Play Services process occupy 100%. The phone will still charge at the same re-charging rate, and this process will stop once the phone is fully charged at 100%. However, if I don't let the phone charge up to 100% and unplug at say 90%, then this process will continue to hog the phone at 100% CPU, and I can only resolve that by rebooting. Alternatively, if I reboot fresh refore recharge, then there will not be this Google Play Services process to occupy 100% CPU. I now have the habit of rebooting every time I recharge, which is a bit annoying.....

I searched all over the web, and cannot find any solution. Anyone else experience this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimKat on T0lte, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    prbassplayer
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Build 8
    Stable Release Date: 2014-09-22
    Current Beta Version: Build 6.9

Created 2014-05-19
    Last Updated 2015-07-04
    New build is up
    - working camera
    - big update to kernel
    - No longer using egl hack
    - global power menu in settings (check it out....a new slim unique feature I just programmed yesterday to our liking)
    - media scanner behaviour (as well a slim unique ported over feature)
    - turn off camera shutter sound
    - possibility to turn of wifi thether over notification
    - improve scrolling cache
    - speed up statusbar
    - don't wackup when device is plugged on charger
    - tons of fixes we had in 4.3 we ported over into 4.4 which google still missed
    - all mms/sms features are back
    - settings got a lot love....maybe not directly noticable...but a lot changed there
    as reference see: https://github.com/SlimRoms/packages...66a7211b4b8379
    - major system core updates
    - and a lot minor stuff and for sure here and there I missed a commit/feature to mention...to much is changing at the moment lol
    - aaaah and our themer as well did again same UI tweaks to get google UI finished like they thought it
    - new gapps

As always use report and provide logs.

Cheers
    Question for @prbassplayer or anyone who has found out how to do it...
    How do I get into performance settings on this ROM?
    Used to use use cm11 and could set all sorts of performance tweaks. Not looking to over clock this more looking to tweak to really stretch battery life to the max

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Use apps like TricksterMod

New weekly is out!

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
    Weekly is rolling out with new heads-up and reworked quite hours