[ROM] [4.4.4] [MAKO] The Schism - 1.1-BETA2 [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

moneyolo

May 17, 2013
Thanks. Haven't encountered anything yet. All visual bugs for me.

Typing up a very detailed report on visual things now to help you guys out the most (mostly small things anyways) :good:
Thank you! We will see what we can do about those visual bugs after you type it up :)

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
Visual Bugs:

1) Dialer not themed:

Considering the whole rom has removed all elements of holo blue, the dialer is not themed:

2vdff3a.jpg

Now i'm not sure how to change it from source for you guys but I did extract files from a theme that does remove all holo blue, here:

dialer.zip - 142.05 KB

2) In Call UI is not themed

Same as number 1. Not themed, holo blue still present:

169515y.jpg

3) This ones been mentioned before but i'll just put it as a reminder:

Icons too large in Settings, making it appear blurry:

10fz23b.jpg

4) Avatar icons not themed. Not really a bug but it would match better if they were more 'white' themed to fit in with the way the system has been themed imo

2mcaakm.jpg
68gc1w.jpg

5) Email is not themed. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not but the email is not themed (stock email in screenshot)

axh9n9.jpg

6) You use a custom overflow button which looks nice but it is not present everywhere, like in email, dropbox, chrome to name a few:

axh9n9.jpg
2en19o8.jpg

In Email it is in res-drawable xhdpi- ic_menu_moreoverflow_normal_holo_light.png
In Google chrome it is res-drawable xhdpi- abc_ic_menu_moreoverflow_normal_holo_dark.png
abc_ic_menu_moreoverflow_normal_holo_light
In Dropbbox it is res-drawable xhdpi-
abs__ic_menu_moreoverflow_normal_holo_dark.png
abs__ic_menu_moreoverflow_normal_holo_light.png

If you want me to decompile some apks for you to make thing better, I can do that.

None of these bugs are major major, mostly small niggles and things.

I look forward to the next release :good:

Reactions: moneyolo

moneyolo

May 17, 2013
Visual Bugs:

1) Dialer not themed:

Considering the whole rom has removed all elements of holo blue, the dialer is not themed:

2vdff3a.jpg

Now i'm not sure how to change it from source for you guys but I did extract files from a theme that does remove all holo blue, here:

dialer.zip - 142.05 KB

2) In Call UI is not themed

Same as number 1. Not themed, holo blue still present:

169515y.jpg

3) This ones been mentioned before but i'll just put it as a reminder:

Icons too large in Settings, making it appear blurry:

10fz23b.jpg

4) Avatar icons not themed. Not really a bug but it would match better if they were more 'white' themed to fit in with the way the system has been themed imo

2mcaakm.jpg
68gc1w.jpg

5) Email is not themed. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not but the email is not themed (stock email in screenshot)

axh9n9.jpg

6) You use a custom overflow button which looks nice but it is not present everywhere, like in email, dropbox, chrome to name a few:

axh9n9.jpg
2en19o8.jpg

In Email it is in res-drawable xhdpi- ic_menu_moreoverflow_normal_holo_light.png
In Google chrome it is res-drawable xhdpi- abc_ic_menu_moreoverflow_normal_holo_dark.png
abc_ic_menu_moreoverflow_normal_holo_light
In Dropbbox it is res-drawable xhdpi-
abs__ic_menu_moreoverflow_normal_holo_dark.png
abs__ic_menu_moreoverflow_normal_holo_light.png

If you want me to decompile some apks for you to make thing better, I can do that.

None of these bugs are major major, mostly small niggles and things.

I look forward to the next release :good:
Wow, thanks. I am going to put this on our JIRA unless you are willing/have done it. Thanks for the list. For the Dialer & InCallUI theming, I don't want to waste time on it right now as we doing a major redesign on it soon but I will add the theming in it today. Thanks again!

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
Wow, thanks. I am going to put this on our JIRA unless you are willing/have done it. Thanks for the list. For the Dialer & InCallUI theming, I don't want to waste time on it right now as we doing a major redesign on it soon but I will add the theming in it today. Thanks again!

No problem :)

I'll add it to the bug tracker, just need to create an account for it first :good:

EDIT: I'll do the dialer for my self for now. Didn't do it before because if I do it, ART won't work but it doesn't matter

Reactions: moneyolo

skinzy98

May 30, 2012
Does this have the ability to change navigation keys then set longpress options for each of them

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA-FORUM, powered by appyet.com

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
Absolutely right, I meant the settings ones, sorry :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Thought so :)

Good idea but the icons would still be blurry even with a border imo. I was gonna do it but I use ART so any mods I do would mean it wouldn't work.

Its pretty easy and can be done at the same time under res-drawable xhdpi I think 64X64 is meant to be the right size:

http://www.picresize.com/batch.php

Sent from my Note 10.1 2014

moneyolo

May 17, 2013
Awesome, thanks :good:

Quick question. Why are most of the commits in the changelog from 4.4.3? Not complaining just noticed it that's all

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Sorry which commits exactly? I didn't make the advanced changelog. I have other scripts. Something might have got in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Schism - A Bright Future, from a Dark Past

Code:
    [COLOR="Red"]Your warranty is now void.[/COLOR]
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
    A lot.

Introduction
    A new Android ROM called The Schism. The Schism is an Android ROM that is a bit different than others. The Schism strives to bridge the gap between Android OS and Google Apps. Along with our ROM being inspired by Google Apps UI, we are also a ROM based off Mahdi-Rom so we have a load of great and useful features like Lockscreen Notifications (AOSPAL), Active Display (CHAOS), Heads UP (CM), SlimPIE (SLIM) and much more!

Download links:
    Download the latest The Schism for your device:
    The Schism Downloads

Want to know what is going on in The Schism? View the sources:
    The Schism Github

Other links
    Fehlende Übersetzungen für Ihre Sprache? (Missing translations for your language?) Help us translate at our crowdin:
    Translate The Schism

Got dem bugs? Please report them to our JIRA:
    The Schism JIRA

Become social and join our G+ community:
    The Schism G+ Community

Want to know what is in the latest The Schism? Check out our changelogs:
    The Schism Changelogs

Credits
    Code:
    * Mahdi-Rom
    * OmniROM
    * CyanogenMod
    * Dirty Unicorns and Alex Cruz
    * ChameleonOS
    * AOSPAL
    * LiquidSmooth
    * Paranoid Android
    * and many more! Thank you all!
    Here's the link to the Mods detailed on the previous page:

Dialer, Settings, framework and System modded, all in a flashable zip

Always have a backup:

Schism_Mod.zip - 19.91 MB

Enjoy :good:
    Hey guys, new builds are up. I will update the thread soon. Enjoy the OTA process
    Awesome Rom

I have used many Roms, but this one is very different.It has all the necessary customizations.
    I really like the Theming of this Rom, while setting up the phone the location and date & time setting design is awesome.
    Really like the Google with the blue background almost like MIUI but better.

I would love to see more theming by the devs.
    Although this is beta but its really very stable and this is my daily driver.

I hope developers add PA's Peek feature too, I really like that feature.
    If they can't still this is the best Rom for Nexus 4.

Great job devs.:good:

A few Screenshots for those who wanted to see how the Rom looks::
    ETC

Screenshots
    View our screenshots at our website:
    The Schism Screenshots

Installation instructions
    If you are installing The Schism for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
    - Make sure you are running the latest TWRP/CWM Recovery
    - Download The Schism for your device and the latest PA GApps and copy it to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash The Schism ZIP from SDCard
    - Flash PA GApps ZIP from SDCard
    - Reboot and enjoy!!
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from an earlier version:
    - Use SchismOTA to download the latest ROM zip and GApps
    - Let SchismOTA boot you into recovery and flash
    - Reboot and voila! Enjoy the latest The Schism!