[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] [Paranoid Android 4.6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

farenteria

May 13, 2013
Any help here? I even tried flashing SuperSU but the install fails in TWRP. This is driving me nuts.

Could it be because I had flashed SuperSU on PA 4.5 BETA4 before I flashed 4.6? If that's the case, how do I revert back to Superuser?

I've already nandroid restored back to PA 4.5.
That shouldn't be the problem. Dirty flashing the ROM should give you superuser from ROM

farukb

Jul 26, 2007
Sarajevo
Wow, really? There are tons of roms on XDA that give you the customization options that you are looking for. PA decided a while back to go in a different route.

they are placed so well that you dont even know they are PA addons...they like completely blend in with everything else (the only thing that series 4 doesnt have compared to series 3 is the hybrid engine...but 4 has so much more that it really doesnt matter)

Last edited:

jbrantley130

Jan 27, 2013
PA has incorporated many customization features in a seamless manner in the user interface. You can access these settings in the "Backup & Reset" menu. Imo, it makes Paranoid Android unique in the sense that it's a custom rom with many custom features, but it still retains the look and feel of stock Android.

laofan

Oct 27, 2011
Virginia Beach
why is this rom soooo plain?!?! Paranoid used to have all kinds of customizations! This is ridiculous.

I'm using this ROM....I'm guessing hybrid engine is dead because Google killed tablet ui...or is it still in the works?

Xposed took the fun out of custom ROMs.

This is a place devs share what they have to us. They are here to help us and share the work they did. Show your respect, be grateful and stop complaining.

PA is always the fastest Rom with just the right amout of customization. Like others say, use other rom if you want something else.

We are here in PA because we like the way it is, not the way we want it to be.

Xpose is good, but I already notice it slows my nexus 5 and Nexus 7. At least gravity box slows things down.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

metalblaster

Oct 2, 2010
Ive had this problem with only PA for as long as you guys have been on 4.4. When im running video streaming apps, I will get a soft-reboot from time to time. I've had this problem on both my old N7 2012 and now my N7 2013 but it seems it only happens when I use the PA ota to update. I know this has to be whats going on because if I use a web downloaded rom from a PC or from a browser on the tablet its self, this doesn't happen when I update. When I had my old N7 2012 and it happened (you guys swapped from 4.3 to 4.4), I was told it had to be a custom kernel when I reported the bug (even after specifying i had no such thing on my tablet at the time); I don't like installing custom kernels because of this exact issue and because I don't see a reason to overclock or undervolt something like a tablet. In the past, when installing kernels on various android phones I've seen this behavior but since I've never installed a custom kernel that wasn't packaged with a rom on my tablets, I've never seen this behavior except for on PA 4.4. Anyhow, I figured you guys should know, that something with the OTA isnt working as intended (possibly the run installing code) and maybe its just a few people who are using your rom who have seen this bug or maybe there are a bunch more that just haven't encountered the problem because they aren't using the apps like I am (i like to skip through videos a lot and the problem usually happens when I'm skipping around and the video is in the middle of buffering).

kingston73

Feb 8, 2011
PA has incorporated many customization features in a seamless manner in the user interface. You can access these settings in the "Backup & Reset" menu. Imo, it makes Paranoid Android unique in the sense that it's a custom rom with many custom features, but it still retains the look and feel of stock Android.

Am I missing something? I don't see any options in the backup reset menu other than restore preferences.

laofan

Oct 27, 2011
Virginia Beach
Am I missing something? I don't see any options in the backup reset menu other than restore preferences.

Go to settings, battery, there are low battery settings and battery icon .

On your quick pull down settings, you Could select location settings, wifi and wifi ap settings..

There are quite some necessary settings/customization hidden here and there, when you use it, you know it.

PA does not have a separate tap in settings for customization. It is involved in the system whenever needed. You could reset all preference in the backup and restore settings.

PA is going on a more closed to stock and less intrusive way on its philosophy, which I do appreciate and admire a lot.

If it's not your style, there are some other good roms in xda. You might give them a try.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

FEATURES for 3.0+,

• Hybrid engine,
      Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app, that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts
      Per app Size, scale apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as small or big as you like
      Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one app to another
      Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treasures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device.
      You can use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Phablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your market, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need to edit system files for that.
      Transparent bars and color pickers, new SystemUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89
      Theming Engine
      Statusbar Settings, Lockscreen Settings
      Multiuser support
      Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles
      4.3 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps
      New holo-styled theme chooser
      T9 dialer
      New papreferences app

DONATIONS,
    to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android, ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
    aaronpoweruser, EvanA
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2013-09-12
    Last Updated 2014-09-14
    Guys.. i have cleaned this thread. Frankly, the disrespect shown to the developers was disgusting. Further behavior will not be tolerated.

A friendly remind that the Devs we are LUCKY to have do this for free, out of the enjoyment of being with the community. They are not here to serve you; if you are unhappy, just move on (or perhaps try to be part of the solution, and work on making your own ROM!).
    OK new build is up on goo and will be up on our servers when i can get them back up. I have been super busy lately. And the jwr stuff broke the build so took me a while to get eevrything fixed up. builds will be more forth coming in the future
    As soon as I get the server issues resolved Ill have a new build for you guys
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone