[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] [Paranoid Android 4.6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

priest2705

Mar 28, 2010
I like what I'm seeing so far. But, I'm having an issue. I'm sure it's something that I'm doing wrong, but I can't get otg working. I've got Franco kernel installed, but I don't see anywhere to enable otg, and I've plugged in my micro USB drive, and it doesn't recognize it. I'm running multiROM with Mahdi rom as my daily driver. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it

farukb

Jul 26, 2007
Sarajevo
I like what I'm seeing so far. But, I'm having an issue. I'm sure it's something that I'm doing wrong, but I can't get otg working. I've got Franco kernel installed, but I don't see anywhere to enable otg, and I've plugged in my micro USB drive, and it doesn't recognize it. I'm running multiROM with Mahdi rom as my daily driver. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it

I lost root the last time i flashed franco over PA. (believe it was with PA 4.2 beta 3 and franco r13)
try checking your root access, if you fail, simply re-flash PA without wiping anything (except for cache, maybe) and wait for a solution (or try flashing superuser via recovery)

priest2705

Mar 28, 2010
I lost root the last time i flashed franco over PA. (believe it was with PA 4.2 beta 3 and franco r13)
try checking your root access, if you fail, simply re-flash PA without wiping anything (except for cache, maybe) and wait for a solution (or try flashing superuser via recovery)

I still have root. I saw that some people lost root when flashing franco, so that was one of the first things that I checked. I just can't get otg working

farukb

Jul 26, 2007
Sarajevo
I still have root. I saw that some people lost root when flashing franco, so that was one of the first things that I checked. I just can't get otg working

if you had it working before flashing franco, it shouldn't have to have anything with PA, try asking in the franco thread instead.

i've just tested otg with a usb stick and can't have it running with stickmount. problem could be that chainfire's stickmount wants chainfire's superSU, instead of superuser (a few releases ago PA switched from superSU to superuser)...not sure though....

p.s. otg+mouse works fine

priest2705

Mar 28, 2010
if you had it working before flashing franco, it shouldn't have to have anything with PA, try asking in the franco thread instead.

i've just tested otg with a usb stick and can't have it running with stickmount. problem could be that chainfire's stickmount wants chainfire's superSU, instead of superuser (a few releases ago PA switched from superSU to superuser)...not sure though....

p.s. otg+mouse works fine

It wasn't working before installing franco, at least not with PA. It works with mahdiRom, but isn't with PA. I installed franco because I'd noticed somewhere else in the thread that someone stated that a kernel like franco was needed in order for otg to work w/ PA

petran_7

Jun 11, 2009
Athens
Hello guys!

I just flashed this rom and it looks pretty smooth and blazing fast!

Just an issue/question: I cannot find the customization menu in the settings. There is nothing like this. So I cannot access the paranoid android's features.

Can anyone help me?

was this just me or i missed something but I don't see any customization in this rom? usually paranoid has hola and customization in setting?:confused:

me too!

Last edited:

petran_7

Jun 11, 2009
Athens
~~ Beta ~~

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

They are trying to make it different on KitKat update, features are integrated to the system itself, rather than showing tons of options in the settings. Refer to the changelog thread for list of features.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2583582

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013

So is this a major issue? Because I thought that it was only on my device this bug.

iXanza

Recognized Contributor
Apr 26, 2011
Subang Jaya
So is this a major issue? Because I thought that it was only on my device this bug.

There is no issue. Hover is in the notification shade.
Pie is enabled in immersive mode
Peek is enabled

For other customizations like in 3.99, this ROM is still in beta and more features are surely to come. What pa is doing is trying to make it look more professional rather than having a customization menu in settings and dumping everything there. Read the change log thread mrcool posted to see where everything is

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: petran_7

EvanA

Nov 15, 2012
thelinuxman.us
I have no HD button in the google play movies and netflix definitely isn't same quality as on stock rom

Google play movies doesn't have an HD button. Playback quality is determined by network connection speed automatically. I have not noticed any quality drop on netflix or play movies. Your network connection may not be fast enough to handle HD streaming.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Grand Prix

Jun 11, 2011
Tempe, AZ
www.gtpdevs.com
Google play movies doesn't have an HD button. Playback quality is determined by network connection speed automatically. I have not noticed any quality drop on netflix or play movies. Your network connection may not be fast enough to handle HD streaming.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Not true, play movies has an HD button on the stock ROM while playing video and I have a 40mbs connection through my ISP.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

FEATURES for 3.0+,

• Hybrid engine,
      Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app, that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts
      Per app Size, scale apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as small or big as you like
      Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one app to another
      Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treasures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device.
      You can use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Phablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your market, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need to edit system files for that.
      Transparent bars and color pickers, new SystemUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89
      Theming Engine
      Statusbar Settings, Lockscreen Settings
      Multiuser support
      Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles
      4.3 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps
      New holo-styled theme chooser
      T9 dialer
      New papreferences app

DONATIONS,
    to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android, ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
    aaronpoweruser, EvanA
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2013-09-12
    Last Updated 2014-09-14
    Guys.. i have cleaned this thread. Frankly, the disrespect shown to the developers was disgusting. Further behavior will not be tolerated.

A friendly remind that the Devs we are LUCKY to have do this for free, out of the enjoyment of being with the community. They are not here to serve you; if you are unhappy, just move on (or perhaps try to be part of the solution, and work on making your own ROM!).
    OK new build is up on goo and will be up on our servers when i can get them back up. I have been super busy lately. And the jwr stuff broke the build so took me a while to get eevrything fixed up. builds will be more forth coming in the future
    As soon as I get the server issues resolved Ill have a new build for you guys
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone