[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4.4x/4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sk8oldschool74

Jul 14, 2012
Re: [AOSPA 4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (Feb24) | 4.2.2 JDQ39 GCC 4.7 O3 Krait

back to kill is bad for android. even cm has it as a mere developer option. what it does is hurting your system, making it slower and less reliable, theres no benefit in doing it.

I'm am happy to see that you are keeping things simple and not looking to go overboard w/ this ROM!!! Thank you so much for this moles!!! ;):)

(Galatians 1:3-5)

PedroBustamonte

Feb 28, 2011
Hamburg
AW: [AOSPA 4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (Feb24) | 4.2.2 JDQ39 GCC 4.7 O3 Krait

But I understood the function right? If I switch to landscape PIE should still be on the "portrait bottom"?
Because that's not happening for me.
I added a few ringtones to the pagapps and removed currents and earth. But that couldn't interfere with PIE, right?

yep, thats what it should do. it can well be that the implementation is still not finished - it was complicated to get it done, but right now its working flawless for me, that means i have few things to look into.

In case someone has the same problem...

It's not working in tablet mode with extended desktop enabled.
I changed to phablet and now it works.

typed on and sent from my nexus⁴ with both of my thumbs (and a middle finger)

Last edited:

molesarecoming

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
Yes. Thank you man. But touch sensibility si less sensibile than other phones :( :( thank you, i didn t know that if i hold that icon, it unlock phone :D Now i search to change touch buttons icon.
The contrast can be change as amoled display but i don t know if it dangerous :(
Thank you again!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

sensibility is fine, people blow it way out of proportion. i think my old s2 is even "worse" in that aspect.
you can change button icons by installing themes, this rom includes the t-mobile theming engine
install this kernel: http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/mako/pa_mako-Kernel422_CalibratedContrasty.zip
there is no risk, its as dangerous as drinking a glass of milk

Reactions: sk8oldschool74

hicks12

Jan 27, 2010
Great work moles, I took a break from PA and tried out numerous roms but I came back again and love PA, you dont claim its the fastest thing and yet roms I tried that claim they were the fastest somehow fell short to your ROM :D.

The only thing I really need from this phone/ROM now is a lockscreen like the LG UI 3.0 (loved it on my Optimus 2x) http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/16/lg-ui-3-0-android-ics-skin/ along with quick memo (have that in the toggles bit, brilliant) and then finally screen rotation, why is the screen rotation delay so high? Its not your rom moles but it seems in general its bad, kinda wondering if anyone can point me in the direction to sorting this? I saw my friends lumia 610 and the rotation is fluid, why cant android be like this? :(.

Guto ViP

Sep 29, 2010
Campo Grande

Moles, can you give us the new launcher with four lines in horizontal?

Thanks.

Enviado de meu Nexus 4 usando o Tapatalk 2

jarjar124

Apr 28, 2012
Brooklyn

Great work moles, I took a break from PA and tried out numerous roms but I came back again and love PA, you dont claim its the fastest thing and yet roms I tried that claim they were the fastest somehow fell short to your ROM :D.

The only thing I really need from this phone/ROM now is a lockscreen like the LG UI 3.0 (loved it on my Optimus 2x) http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/16/lg-ui-3-0-android-ics-skin/ along with quick memo (have that in the toggles bit, brilliant) and then finally screen rotation, why is the screen rotation delay so high? Its not your rom moles but it seems in general its bad, kinda wondering if anyone can point me in the direction to sorting this? I saw my friends lumia 610 and the rotation is fluid, why cant android be like this? :(.

I'm sure the lock screen and quick memo won't be brought in since that's a ui thing..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

gokuman56

Mar 19, 2010
N/A
Is it possible to switch back to the old launcher in the previous versions of Paranoid Android. This new launcher does not meet any of my needs. The app list does not refresh after installing an app. I can't turn off rotation, and it seems buggy in general.

Matze5800

Sep 14, 2011
Google Pixel 4 XL
well thats gone. it never really worked from what i have seen. it would kind of mirror text in some situations making the interface look klingon

Well, actually it works fine for me without any bugs, i know what bugs you mean, I had them also. Since you wiped out that menu option it works perfectly bugfree on my system :)

I don't know how that happend, i've got a replacement RMA-device, created a full nandroid on my old one and restored that on the new device. After that i booted up and 180° rotation was off and that menu option wiped out, everything alright so far. After that i realized that it still had the old bootloader and radio, i flashed these with fastboot, booted up and 180° rotation was on and working perfectly without a single bug.

But also i can't disable it now as you removed the option, how to do that manually, just in case i wanna get rid of it? :laugh:

Could you take a look again at it? If you need any kind of logs or something i would be happy to provide them.

I think lots of ppl would like that option as the usb port is on the bottom and its great to be able to just turn it around and stop bending that cable... or is that just my case? :confused:

Thanks for your hard work moles, finally an end to that stupid build.prop editing. I really can't understand why the default dpi is that high, even my grandma would be annoyed of that :laugh:

Reactions: arnelingus

hicks12

Jan 27, 2010
I'm sure the lock screen and quick memo won't be brought in since that's a ui thing..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Oh i know, just saying how this rom is the best and only missing a few of my own personal preference haha, will properly try and port this stuff over when I get free time as I am sure I am not the only one who likes this LG UI :D.

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
Moles, can you give us the new launcher with four lines in horizontal?

Thanks.

Enviado de meu Nexus 4 usando o Tapatalk 2

Is it possible to switch back to the old launcher in the previous versions of Paranoid Android. This new launcher does not meet any of my needs. The app list does not refresh after installing an app. I can't turn off rotation, and it seems buggy in general.

just redownload the current rom and its gone. the launcher was working flawless on the note, its developer is beerbong. i think they all love what he did but unfortunately it seems like xhdpi devices have percussions that werent tested properly. i have branched out the project for now and reverted the commit for our branch.

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
Could be be due to the stock behavior of the Nav/Stat bar moving to the bottom when rotating in tab mode. While stock in Phone or Phablet the Nav bar stays on the short side.

hm yes. thats possible, but still weird because i was under the assumption that our pie window is free from that. this will cause some headaches but eventually the new option will be usable across all UI's.

Reactions: linelock

alex13809

Jul 22, 2011
Serious WTF

So i really love this ROM, but i seem to have one of the strangest bugs I've ever experienced. (I have lightflow enabled idk if that helps) SO i get a text from one of my friends, the screen unlocks and music starts playing. I can only describe it as 8bit techno/ mild dubstep. Now Im not technologically impaired, but this came across as a giant WTF. Check every setting i could think of and that sound does not exist as a possible ringtone anywhere. I will try to get a recording of it next time it happens.

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
Well, actually it works fine for me without any bugs, i know what bugs you mean, I had them also. Since you wiped out that menu option it works perfectly bugfree on my system :)

I don't know how that happend, i've got a replacement RMA-device, created a full nandroid on my old one and restored that on the new device. After that i booted up and 180° rotation was off and that menu option wiped out, everything alright so far. After that i realized that it still had the old bootloader and radio, i flashed these with fastboot, booted up and 180° rotation was on and working perfectly without a single bug.

But also i can't disable it now as you removed the option, how to do that manually, just in case i wanna get rid of it? :laugh:

Could you take a look again at it? If you need any kind of logs or something i would be happy to provide them.

I think lots of ppl would like that option as the usb port is on the bottom and its great to be able to just turn it around and stop bending that cable... or is that just my case? :confused:

Thanks for your hard work moles, finally an end to that stupid build.prop editing. I really can't understand why the default dpi is that high, even my grandma would be annoyed of that :laugh:

the weird thing was, i got reports from other plattforms and it worked flawless for them. studying the code it looks like he's merely filling in the degree and lets android take care of it. theres virtually no code that does anything unusual, just passing on to standard sdk functions. its entirely possible that this is somehow tied to differences in how the sensor interprets informations. which makes a fix less likely. im fine with the way stock rotates, i dont see why i would restraint 290 or 90 degree rotation. i can see that 180 degrees is somewhat useful but i have to assume mako in its current state is not cut out for it.

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
So i really love this ROM, but i seem to have one of the strangest bugs I've ever experienced. (I have lightflow enabled idk if that helps) SO i get a text from one of my friends, the screen unlocks and music starts playing. I can only describe it as 8bit techno/ mild dubstep. Now Im not technologically impaired, but this came across as a giant WTF. Check every setting i could think of and that sound does not exist as a possible ringtone anywhere. I will try to get a recording of it next time it happens.

either dirty flash, forgot to wipe caches or a mod. you cant flash a rom over another or the framework will be out of sync. android can go into twilight zone when you do that, you get awesome things like swapped drawables, sounds, menu items and whatnot. i can guarantee you that you wont see anything breaking appart when you install it clean and use our gapps.

Palmin

Nov 25, 2011
Newfirecastle
AW: [AOSPA 4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (Feb24) | 4.2.2 JDQ39 GCC 4.7 O3 Krait

Thank you so much moles. For me this is the best Custom ROM experience i ever had. And there were a lot the last years.
But its not only the ROM. It is your support and patience in this Thread.

Your work is awesom! Thank you! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Donation is on its way!

Gesendet mobil mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

6jaipur6

Feb 1, 2010
Targu Jiu

On my old gnex I had same problem was a dirty flash...make a clean install and the problem will disappear.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ParanoidAndroid_4.42.jpg

PLEASE REFER TO THE CHANGE LOGS FOR CURRENT FEATURES.
    IF IT'S NOT LISTED THERE, IT'S NOT IN THE BUILD

BUG TRACKER - https://paranoidandroid.atlassian.net

INSTRUCTIONS,

1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET (If coming from another rom or stock)
    3. INSTALL ROM
    4. INSTALL GAPPS
    4. REBOOT
    5. CUSTOM KERNELS MAY BREAK ROOT, SIMPLY RE-FLASH ROM

PA 4+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET.

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

Links:
    Development:
    Bug Tracker
    Change Logs
    XDA Forum
    Github
    Gerrit

Social:
    Google+
    Twitter
    Facebook

MAKE A DONATION

XDA:DevDB Information
    ParanoidAndroid, ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
    molesarecoming, BigBrother1984, Anu6is, D4rKn3sSyS
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 4.4.1
    Stable Release Date: 2014-06-25
    Current Beta Version: 4.0
    Beta Release Date: 2014-05-01

Created 2013-08-10
    Last Updated 2014-07-22

DONATIONS,

to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

BANNERS,

banner_1icu5e.png

banner_2hau5x.png

banner_3y8uie.png

banner_4p0upi.png

banner_505uxa.png

LINKS,

Website & Changlelogs: https://plus.google.com/b/107979589566958860409/107979589566958860409/posts
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
    Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

:::...::...::.:.:....:::::::..
    im releasing a small revision update in a couple of minutes - just to keep the dependencies up to date. pie2 is a ***** to get right but its taking form. im working on this locally so as to not split it up into a million commits again - its easier for other roms to pick up then. i used a couple of days to experiemnt with displaying statusinfos like clock and notifications while pie is not shown but i always end up with something that either doesntlook right or it downright gets in the way of something.
    the solution will be a new UI that we're building from the groundup, its called pie-strip. basically a very thin statusbar kind of thing that has pie activated by default. it displays clock, notifications, statusicons plus a ticker. it'll be just a few pixels wide. you'll be able to get to that UI via hybrid engine, systemUI will have a layout container for that, 2000p perhaps. the other UI's stay as they are, pie will also be usable in extended desktop mode of course. the 0% thing will probably go.
    i can't say exactly how long but trust me i wanna get this out as fast as possible, its just a huge chunk of code right now.
    nexus-4-flatsqqsd9.png

i made a new build for today, looked like the one that was made when i was on vacation had audio trouble? i tested this one and it seems fine.
    we'll also add maps to the gappspackage later.

its a bit quiet right now but we're basically planing our next move. the idea is to make a massive change in our lineup and the way we handle this rom. basically we'll devide the workload into categories: tools, core, optimization, gapps, kang and relations. 4.3 or whatever comes out will probably be the beginning of a new kind of PA, it'll split into a lean/slim version and others will supply a more feature-packed variant.

tools: we plan to fork our own tools for flashing, hoping that we can make flashing roms into something that doesn't scare away beginners. there will be tools, custom recoveries (in holo and without 10 million bull**** options), guides and we will provide things that are needed on top like radios, etc. work on OTA is almost completed aswell, it features delta updates, flashing is done by a click.

core: jesus, aaron, yamil and i will concentrate on features. that means rebooting them all: hybrid, pac, halo, pie and everything we have done basically. they'll change visually and the goal is to kill every - remaining - bug. goal here is to produce a google android extension that will feel like android-next without compromising stability. some new ideas are floating around as well, in our heads that is.

the other categories are clear i guess.

biggest news is this, though:

the entire PA team will support current gen nexus devices. nothing else. that means designers, programmers, guys who do the optimizing, they all will get the same device. it will be fundamentally different from the usual approach where one guy gets to release a rom. we see it this way, if an entire family owns the same devices we really can create something awesome here, with dedication. as opposed to just releasing stuff broken or not to have a big device catalogue. not that we did that in the past, but legacy devices kind of got in the way and right now only jesus and I own the same device.

just a couple of scattered thoughts right now - we're discussing it day by day in our channels. in essence: we are tired of doing the rom-scene thing, we want a professional product.