[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4.4x/4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

redhunter22

May 28, 2013
Szeged
Hi there
Xcuse me for the foolish question but I'm new to this ROM which seems to be so great !
First : Even if it's enable, peek doesn't work.... the led is blinking but when I take my N4, no icons appears .....
Second ...how can I remove this white rectangle just under the notifications.... I think it's google now because each time I tap on, there is the mic looking for some words ! :)
thanks for your preciaous help

1)this is how peek works: when the notification arrives,the proximity/gyro sensor is turned on for 10 seconds waiting for action.If you don't touch your phone within this period then the sensors will be turned off

2)Try out some other launchers,google now launcher has the search bar built in on the home screen...try nova/apex

Phil77560

Aug 25, 2011
1)this is how peek works: when the notification arrives,the proximity/gyro sensor is turned on for 10 seconds waiting for action.If you don't touch your phone within this period then the sensors will be turned off

2)Try out some other launchers,google now launcher has the search bar built in on the home screen...try nova/apex

Ok..... thanks a lot for the info

farukb

Jul 26, 2007
Sarajevo
Hi there
Xcuse me for the foolish question but I'm new to this ROM which seems to be so great !
First : Even if it's enable, peek doesn't work.... the led is blinking but when I take my N4, no icons appears .....
Second ...how can I remove this white rectangle just under the notifications.... I think it's google now because each time I tap on, there is the mic looking for some words ! :)
thanks for your preciaous help

you can also install xposed framework from here http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.installer
and search for "GELS" in play store, its an xposed framework module that is used for modifying and customizing google now launcher....that way you still keep the nice launcher but with improved functionality (i use it on all my devices, and regularily hide the search bar...and the dock too..and i assign the app drawer to home button, so everything is clean and minimalistic), less phone storage will be needed for that than for new a launcher....and you will have xposed to play with all the other possible modules.

*note: "ok google" still works although the search bar isnt shown

Last edited:

Phil77560

Aug 25, 2011
you can also install xposed framework from here http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.installer
and search for "GELS" in play store, its an xposed framework module that is used for modifying and customizing google now launcher....that way you still keep the nice launcher but with improved functionality (i use it on all my devices, and regularily hide the search bar...and the dock too..and i assign the app drawer to home button, so everything is clean and minimalistic), less phone storage will be needed for that than for new a launcher....and you will have xposed to play with all the other possible modules.

*note: "ok google" still works although the search bar isnt shown

Thanks for this trick .... I'm gonna try

Glaux

Feb 20, 2011
OnePlus 5T
Google Pixel 6
Hey guys. When I slide out of the PIE area, the screen turns off. I think I accidentally set it that way when presented with a choice of sleep or Google. Any way to reset it?

I already tried to reset PIE controls in Backup & Reset, but that didn't do it.

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
Hey guys. When I slide out of the PIE area, the screen turns off. I think I accidentally set it that way when presented with a choice of sleep or Google. Any way to reset it?

That must be an app you installed. That option is not available in PA

#stayparanoid

jereksel

Dec 10, 2010

Are you using Greenify (if so reset greenify defaults)?

farukb

Jul 26, 2007
Sarajevo

by default, that should open google search, so try enabling the app if you somehow disabled it in settings>apps, or reflash propper gapps

Inferno7202

Aug 28, 2012
Does anyone else have high android os battery use? I take it out of my pocket and its at 50% on the battery usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ParanoidAndroid_4.42.jpg

PLEASE REFER TO THE CHANGE LOGS FOR CURRENT FEATURES.
    IF IT'S NOT LISTED THERE, IT'S NOT IN THE BUILD

BUG TRACKER - https://paranoidandroid.atlassian.net

INSTRUCTIONS,

1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET (If coming from another rom or stock)
    3. INSTALL ROM
    4. INSTALL GAPPS
    4. REBOOT
    5. CUSTOM KERNELS MAY BREAK ROOT, SIMPLY RE-FLASH ROM

PA 4+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET.

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

Links:
    Development:
    Bug Tracker
    Change Logs
    XDA Forum
    Github
    Gerrit

Social:
    Google+
    Twitter
    Facebook

MAKE A DONATION

XDA:DevDB Information
    ParanoidAndroid, ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
    molesarecoming, BigBrother1984, Anu6is, D4rKn3sSyS
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 4.4.1
    Stable Release Date: 2014-06-25
    Current Beta Version: 4.0
    Beta Release Date: 2014-05-01

Created 2013-08-10
    Last Updated 2014-07-22

DONATIONS,

to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

BANNERS,

banner_1icu5e.png

banner_2hau5x.png

banner_3y8uie.png

banner_4p0upi.png

banner_505uxa.png

LINKS,

Website & Changlelogs: https://plus.google.com/b/107979589566958860409/107979589566958860409/posts
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
    Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

:::...::...::.:.:....:::::::..
    im releasing a small revision update in a couple of minutes - just to keep the dependencies up to date. pie2 is a ***** to get right but its taking form. im working on this locally so as to not split it up into a million commits again - its easier for other roms to pick up then. i used a couple of days to experiemnt with displaying statusinfos like clock and notifications while pie is not shown but i always end up with something that either doesntlook right or it downright gets in the way of something.
    the solution will be a new UI that we're building from the groundup, its called pie-strip. basically a very thin statusbar kind of thing that has pie activated by default. it displays clock, notifications, statusicons plus a ticker. it'll be just a few pixels wide. you'll be able to get to that UI via hybrid engine, systemUI will have a layout container for that, 2000p perhaps. the other UI's stay as they are, pie will also be usable in extended desktop mode of course. the 0% thing will probably go.
    i can't say exactly how long but trust me i wanna get this out as fast as possible, its just a huge chunk of code right now.
    nexus-4-flatsqqsd9.png

i made a new build for today, looked like the one that was made when i was on vacation had audio trouble? i tested this one and it seems fine.
    we'll also add maps to the gappspackage later.

its a bit quiet right now but we're basically planing our next move. the idea is to make a massive change in our lineup and the way we handle this rom. basically we'll devide the workload into categories: tools, core, optimization, gapps, kang and relations. 4.3 or whatever comes out will probably be the beginning of a new kind of PA, it'll split into a lean/slim version and others will supply a more feature-packed variant.

tools: we plan to fork our own tools for flashing, hoping that we can make flashing roms into something that doesn't scare away beginners. there will be tools, custom recoveries (in holo and without 10 million bull**** options), guides and we will provide things that are needed on top like radios, etc. work on OTA is almost completed aswell, it features delta updates, flashing is done by a click.

core: jesus, aaron, yamil and i will concentrate on features. that means rebooting them all: hybrid, pac, halo, pie and everything we have done basically. they'll change visually and the goal is to kill every - remaining - bug. goal here is to produce a google android extension that will feel like android-next without compromising stability. some new ideas are floating around as well, in our heads that is.

the other categories are clear i guess.

biggest news is this, though:

the entire PA team will support current gen nexus devices. nothing else. that means designers, programmers, guys who do the optimizing, they all will get the same device. it will be fundamentally different from the usual approach where one guy gets to release a rom. we see it this way, if an entire family owns the same devices we really can create something awesome here, with dedication. as opposed to just releasing stuff broken or not to have a big device catalogue. not that we did that in the past, but legacy devices kind of got in the way and right now only jesus and I own the same device.

just a couple of scattered thoughts right now - we're discussing it day by day in our channels. in essence: we are tired of doing the rom-scene thing, we want a professional product.