[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

siealex

Jul 22, 2008
Kharkov
only few apps like mx player, facebook and dolphin browser.
Find their files and folders in data/data, data/app-lib and data/app and remove them, then try again. This happens sometimes when you restore the app from TiBu on top of the play store version.

miesfu

Dec 20, 2008
beijing, China
Not on F2FS:

1. Backup apps via Titanium Backup
2. Adb pull every file from the SD which is important to you to a backup location
3. Flash new recovery from @bsmitty83 from bootloader
4. Format everything with that recovery to F2FS
5. Flash PhilZ recovery from bootloader
6. Adb push installation files and every file from your backup location back to the SD card
7. Flash smittys recovery back from bootloader
8. Install ROM, gapps and unified DirtyV kernel
9. Boot into ROM and make the initial setup
10. Let Google restore your applications
11. Install Titanium Backup
12. Restore the data from your fresh installed apps with Titanium backup

On F2FS:

1. Boot into recovery
2. Flash modified ROM, your favorite gapps and a compatible F2FS kernel
3. Restart

That's how I do it. ☺

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus with Tapatalk

4.4.4 will be released tomorrow, look forward to your F2FS version!

BTW, good drive can not be accessed from China, appreciate if you can upload somewhere else as well for the users from China to download. Sorry for this extra request, but really want try the newest version in F2FS.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Charmacas

rjshrjndrn

Dec 8, 2011
trivandrum
Some applications force closes. Like when click themes in SwiftKey keyboard!
Another force close got now. When I tried to open the appygeek app and tap my android heading, it just force closed. Don't have any custom kernel. But xposed framework installed.
This is the best room gave me both performance and battery life without any system tampering. So hard to move on...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

thesebastian

Sep 25, 2012
Barcelona
People, Does PA currently include an automatic update system?
I'm planning to install this ROM in my father's Maguro (now with CM11, IMO with a slow kernel) but I don't have access to his device during the year.

Also...is ART recommended on Maguro PA? (In CM11 is slower than Dalvik in many apps with stock kernel).

Sent from my Nexus 5

Hetalk

Sep 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
People, Does PA currently include an automatic update system?
I'm planning to install this ROM in my father's Maguro (now with CM11, IMO with a slow kernel) but I don't have access to his device during the year.

Also...is ART recommended on Maguro PA? (In CM11 is slower than Dalvik in many apps with stock kernel).

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yes, PA's got an OTA updater.
You can use art or dalvik and both work fine. Choice is yours.

Reactions: thesebastian

drmxmyt

Aug 29, 2011
istanbul
Some applications force closes. Like when click themes in SwiftKey keyboard!
Another force close got now. When I tried to open the appygeek app and tap my android heading, it just force closed. Don't have any custom kernel. But xposed framework installed.
This is the best room gave me both performance and battery life without any system tampering. So hard to move on...

i had this problem when i got xposed module that was making everything scrollable. i dont recall exact module name but try to disable xposed and then try again.

oh yea, it was "force fastscroll"

Last edited:
Reactions: rjshrjndrn

killchain

Oct 6, 2012
Am I the only one having misaligned wallpapers on the lock screen? They all appear centred when setting them from settings > themes > lockscreen wallpaper, but end up shifted sideways. This appears to happen to non-square images.

sent from my brick

miesfu

Dec 20, 2008
beijing, China

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-25-13-10-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-25-13-10-07.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 482

killchain

Oct 6, 2012
Am I the only one having misaligned wallpapers on the lock screen? They all appear centred when setting them from settings > themes > lockscreen wallpaper, but end up shifted sideways. This appears to happen to non-square images.

sent from my brick

This was with last week's RC (4.4 RC2), it's now the same with 4.4. Screenshots to illustrate:

Yes, I am using GravityBox for the battery arc and some other UI tweaks, but it was the same before installing it. Am I, by any chance, missing something here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone