[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

molesarecoming

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
Whenever I try to send a SMS I geht an error Message saying that my SMS wasn't sent. I'm using the current Paranoidandroid Rom 0.5b but The error also occured with Version 0.4b. I even did a Factory Reset before Flashing. Has Anyone else noticed this? Is that a cyanogenmod Problem?

Any help is appreceated.

Simu_lacrum

i never used sms, im thinking why would anyone pay 50 cent for 120 characters. but well, i used the opportunity now to send my girlfriend a love-message and it was well received. ;)

Reactions: 6jaipur6 and dekr94

Flukester69

Feb 29, 2012
Ottawa
www.tomishere.ca
Whenever I try to send a SMS I geht an error Message saying that my SMS wasn't sent. I'm using the current Paranoidandroid Rom 0.5b but The error also occured with Version 0.4b. I even did a Factory Reset before Flashing. Has Anyone else noticed this? Is that a cyanogenmod Problem?

Any help is appreceated.

Simu_lacrum

Check your APN settings. Settings/More.../Mobile Networks/Access Point Names

dekr94

Mar 12, 2011
Helsinki
status bar

there is one bad thing when you play some game and status bar is at bottom and it moves games like half sentimeter up everything what is at that time in screen and where ever you touch it is also lower than it should be and i dont see any difference when i enable hide status bar because it didnt dissapear it is allways at bottom or is there some trick ?

neopeek

Oct 4, 2006
Moles, I think this has to be merged into CM source. Dunno how you think about it and if you would be willing to agree to do so.
Also I think you don't wanna deal with donations but if I look over at how kernel devs monetize their kernels you should immediately find a way to do so, too :D

Awesome work!
Greetz from Germany.

cja1972

Jun 14, 2010
Have tried this from a few times and its great. But I just can't cope with the small buttons at the bottom. I'd love to have it operate as the normal phone setup but with the option to change the dpi on apps like YouTube to get the tablet version .Is this possible? I manage to change the colour of the keys to pics blue as it was bugging me but couldn't change the size of them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App

Reactions: Motasap17

molesarecoming

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
Moles, I think this has to be merged into CM source. Dunno how you think about it and if you would be willing to agree to do so.
Also I think you don't wanna deal with donations but if I look over at how kernel devs monetize their kernels you should immediately find a way to do so, too :D

Awesome work!
Greetz from Germany.

we will make it officially public for sure. but it would be too early. i think what it needs right now is dedication more than anything. we actually care about it, its not there to stuff a rom full with features or have something that rom cook xy doesnt and for certain its not about the money, we want you to use and enjoy it without any trouble at all if that's possible. let it out now in its poor unfinished state and it'll be milked. in fact, feeling being left in the rain for using aokp's dpi feature, which worked indeed and allowed me to experience tabmode, but made the entire damn rom come crash down on me coz they had that feature there for show and don't you dare touch it or you're on your own --- well, that was the point i realized i must start learning how to develop for android myself if i wanna change something.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Gingerbread Man

juggaknot77

Sep 12, 2010
BROOKLYN!
Have tried this from a few times and its great. But I just can't cope with the small buttons at the bottom. I'd love to have it operate as the normal phone setup but with the option to change the dpi on apps like YouTube to get the tablet version .Is this possible? I manage to change the colour of the keys to pics blue as it was bugging me but couldn't change the size of them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App

Can't agree with you more, I would love to have this feature also. Normal phone set up with tablet features like Gmail, calendar, YouTube, etc. would be awesome!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Reactions: Motasap17

superjjskate

Sep 12, 2010
Ahh, some bugs I experienced today;
The clock froze itself at 9.48PM and so it didn't wake me up at 7.05AM today and when I checked it was pretty bad for as I missed my bus :)

The second bug I always get is, sometimes (most of the times) when I am on the homescreen or lockscreen, It randomly vibrates violently then settings come up when I didn't even touch anything.

3rd one might not be a bug but, is there a way to make the status/notification bar to show my Provider's Name such as "VodafoneAU" it only shows up as "No Internet Connection" as I don't use mobile data on my phone (prepaid).

Thank you :)

resynx

Jun 14, 2010
Ahh, some bugs I experienced today;
The clock froze itself at 9.48PM and so it didn't wake me up at 7.05AM today and when I checked it was pretty bad for as I missed my bus :)

The second bug I always get is, sometimes (most of the times) when I am on the homescreen or lockscreen, It randomly vibrates violently then settings come up when I didn't even touch anything.

3rd one might not be a bug but, is there a way to make the status/notification bar to show my Provider's Name such as "VodafoneAU" it only shows up as "No Internet Connection" as I don't use mobile data on my phone (prepaid).

Thank you :)

Never had any of these problems before, try doing a full wipe.

kalifack

Nov 10, 2010
I would like to know how to change the dpi settings for the lock screen I find it too small ( I managed to get a bigger statut bar wich is very great ).
By the way It's the best rom I ever used !!

akira02rex

Nov 7, 2010
I still have not found an answer for why I can't see some apps in the market. Anyone know how to enable this? I can't see Osmos, OKCupid, and a couple others that I used to be able to see.

ArmanUV

Jan 26, 2012
I still have not found an answer for why I can't see some apps in the market. Anyone know how to enable this? I can't see Osmos, OKCupid, and a couple others that I used to be able to see.

The why is easy: market hides apps that are not marked as compatible with your dpi by the developer. The hacked market is supposed to trick market into thinking the phone uses the dpi of 320 (default). As to why it doesn't work correctly i have no idea.

Cptsamir

Jan 16, 2011
Chicago
By any chance can we get a thread that goes something like "Best DPI settings for Apps." Because I have been noticing some people saying "hey what is good for this, for this." Like for instance Google Music 180 dpi works great!

EVOXGSR

Dec 23, 2011
I actually really enjoy the Tablet style status bar. I do realize that it has kinks to be worked out and it might be to small for others, but I love it and it doesn't waste space by placing a clock/battery/network and soft keys separately.

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 AM ----------

the latest fix had statusbar options. only thing thats missing is clock-tweaks because cm had a bug there. i should take out lockscreen aswell, because its buggy aswell.

Are you for sure taking out the lockscreen feature? Is it possible to leave it as an option to be useable/viewable? I really enjoy it and I almost bought widgetlocker from app market for $2.99, but the ROM update luckily contained it and i was excited.

Has flaws, but the feature is definitely a plus in my book.

200mpx

Sep 23, 2005
Moscow
Nice ROM!

Have a small problem with battery icon - if I change it to something different than the stock one - I have no battery icon in status bar at all. I change back to stock - the icon reappears. I use 240 dpi

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

INSTRUCTIONS,

1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET (If coming from another rom or stock)
    3. INSTALL ROM
    4. INSTALL GAPPS
    4. REBOOT
    5. CUSTOM KERNELS (You need to flash STOCK one first)

PA 4+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET.

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,

Development:
    Change Logs
    XDA Forum
    Github
    Gerrit

Social:
    Google+
    Twitter
    Facebook

MAKE A DONATION