Omnirom 4.4.4 coming to a xoom near you!
This ROM is for everest.
For the wingray ROM click here.
For the stingray ROM click here.
Please only write everest specific posts in this thread, meaning mobile data 3G specific.
For all general questions use the wingray ROM thread.. Thanks
One of these may be applied:
- pa_gapps-modular-full-4.4.2-20131230-signed.zip (Source Source2) (Note: TTS crashes, On boot if asked which Launcher ->Launcher3 is the fastest)
- pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20131215-signed.zip (Source Source2) (Note: Removes Omnirom stock Launcher3, TTS crashes in settings)
- gapps-wingray-kk-20131223.zip (Note: TTS removed as it currently crashes)
- You will need bigPart TWRP and execute the repartitioning as described in
- TWRP 126.96.36.199 R.A.H BigPart Edition Recovery
- The ROM you want to flash
- Your data will be totally wiped! If you have Nandroids, TitaniumBackups, or anything of any value on your internal storage, copy them to your microsd or computer! They will be gone forever! Your microsd card is the only safe haven on your Xoom during this process.
- Put TWRP 188.8.131.52 BigPart version and your desired rom on your microsd card.
- Reboot into recovery. Flash TWRP BigPart.
- Reboot into recovery. Go into wipe menu. Select "Advanced Wipe". Check
- Dalvik Cache
- Internal Storage
- Go into install. Recovery should show your microsd storage by default. If not, using the navigation panel, navigate to root then go into "sdcard". You can now follow the steps below, starting with Flash omni-4.4.2-201XXXXX-wingray-HOMEMADE_XXXX.zip.
- If updating from older ROM version in this thread, you don't have to wipe anything
- If updating from an different rom, wipe
- Dalvik Cache
- Flash omni-4.4.2-201XXXXX-everest-HOMEMADE_XXXX.zip
- Flash gapps-xxxx.zip
- Flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.86.zip
Same graphic glitches like in any xoom 4.3 rom
Camera not working
Wifi not working
GPS not working
HW Videodecoding not working
"Unfortunately Messaging has stopped"
SDCard not mounted
"Unfortunately Simpsons Tapped Out has stopped"
In AudioDock, VolumeControl does not work
Emotions are not displayed in Emotionsselector.
No carrier is displayed on lockscreen
Selecting an alternative keyboard language crashes.
HDMI output not working.
Wallpaper selection crashes if no gapps are installed
Show Developer and Performance settings
- Go to the settings menu, and scroll down to "About phone." Tap it.
- Scroll down to the bottom again, where you see "Build number."
- Tap it seven (7) times, and *poof*, you've got the developer settings back.
- Overclock to 1.4Ghz (Performance menu)
- Decrease animation duration to .25 (Developer options menu)
Special thanks to everybody who donated, You guys rock!