• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[ROM] [4.4.4] ParanoidAndroid 4+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aoi_sora9x

Jan 22, 2009
Hey guys, can anybody give a quick battery comparison between this rom and the official Sony 4.3? Mine has taken a beating lately so I'm trying to find a rom with better battery life.

Jodus

Jul 23, 2012
Kalmthout
Yeah trying to find the best battery life for myself too, with location,data,wifi (only on when needed),ART, mp decision disabled, stock kernel, build.prop tweaks, greenify, and ondemand or conservative (most of the time conservative) as my governor. getting more then a day out of it with standard use so some games, some data, alot of wifi, reading news, forums, and listening music. I think i am having better battery life but not shure will definitely try the official kitkat update to test if it is better out there. Hope this helps you.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: MR.Samo

MR.Samo

Jan 9, 2012
I recently noticed that my phone is slowcharging everytime I charge it....Anybody knows how to fix it? I've already switch to airplane mode and disabled all connections...
I can confirm that , and I wanted to report earlier but I thought it's just me, very slow charging i need like one you're to charge 30%.

Reactions: acutraaq

msc3169

Nov 19, 2012
Mumbai
Quite a peculiar bug, my contacts are being wiped away randomly. This happened after I switched to ART runtime, but even after switching back to dalvik this problem occurs.
Oh and just to mention, i dont use synced contacts, they are in local storage.

Sent from my Xperia Z using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MR.Samo

Jan 9, 2012
Quite a peculiar bug, my contacts are being wiped away randomly. This happened after I switched to ART runtime, but even after switching back to dalvik this problem occurs.
Oh and just to mention, i dont use synced contacts, they are in local storage.

First, that's strange..

Second that's very strange lol, but I can tell u that ART is not what making your contact disappear, just make sure that u choose to display all contacts in contact app option.

msc3169

Nov 19, 2012
Mumbai
First, that's strange..

Second that's very strange lol, but I can tell u that ART is not what making your contact disappear, just make sure that u choose to display all contacts in contact app option.
Indeed very strange. Was using the contacts from the vcf file I made when i was on stock rom. What i did was export all contacts into a new vcf file and imported the new one again. That seemed to have cured it for now. And yes u are right, it wasn't due to ART as i am using it now without any issue

lhurtado

Apr 26, 2010
Santiago - Chile
Hi! Love this rom so far, it is working pretty nice. The only issue I've found is that after a reboot brightness is maximum not following the brightness setting. Anyone else with problem?

Sent from my Xperia Z using Tapatalk

Jodus

Jul 23, 2012
Kalmthout
Hi! Love this rom so far, it is working pretty nice. The only issue I've found is that after a reboot brightness is maximum not following the brightness setting. Anyone else with problem?

Yep got something similar. After reboot auto brightness.. Shows it on but it is not reacting to changing of light. Simply putting it of and back on fixes it for me

msc3169

Nov 19, 2012
Mumbai
Hey guys, the contacts issue is still bugging me. They get erased somehow when I log in and out of facebook app. This is the same when on ART and Dalvik runtimes.

Can anyone confirm this by doing the same.

MR.Samo

Jan 9, 2012
Hey guys, the contacts issue is still bugging me. They get erased somehow when I log in and out of facebook app. This is the same when on ART and Dalvik runtimes.

Can anyone confirm this by doing the same.

I am running ART at the moment and i can confirm that i don't have this issue till now.

Coming from clean install??

lhurtado

Apr 26, 2010
Santiago - Chile
Hi, I'm also running ART, it feels smooth and responsive. I even extend the animation time just to enjoy the smoothness! :)
Well, to the point, has someone else have the optimizing app message on every reboot?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.