[ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat d2att (at&t) Stable 9.0

Search This thread

sbs8331

Jan 28, 2013
Salisbury, NC
Thanks...was aware of that and it may have started when I tried latest BMS. But when I reverted to my stock nandroid problem continues. Will reflash and see if it fixes it.
Something's going on with CM and kernels. DKP posted this (note what's in red):

I finally got everything merged and working again (some weird compiler misbehavior was preventing everything from building), and there's a new AOSP build up on MediaFire. Changelog:
  • Merged everything from CM. This includes changes to the wifi driver that probably won't work on ROMs before 7/23!
  • Linux 3.4.99 and BFQ v7r5

Reactions: nicklovell23

parshu1970

Jan 4, 2008
Google Now Randomly Pops Up

Kudos to the team for a great Rom. I have been SlimRom user for long time even on old Captivate.

Current I am on SlimKat 6.8 Weekly-5781 (d2lte) on S3 AT&T. It was also happening on older version 6.2, 6.4 (not sure on other old versions).

GOOGLE NOW is randomly poping up. It till happens even after turning off in settings.

I am not sure if it pops up on certain gestures or phone shaking.

It is very annoying when you are listening to music or talking to somebody on Skype and phone is in your pocket.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Kudos to the team for a great Rom. I have been SlimRom user for long time even on old Captivate.

Current I am on SlimKat 6.8 Weekly-5781 (d2lte) on S3 AT&T. It was also happening on older version 6.2, 6.4 (not sure on other old versions).

GOOGLE NOW is randomly poping up. It till happens even after turning off in settings.

I am not sure if it pops up on certain gestures or phone shaking.

It is very annoying when you are listening to music or talking to somebody on Skype and phone is in your pocket.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Either uninstall Google Search App or Freeze / Disable it. Reboot afterwards.

Reactions: parshu1970

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
hey guys,

I know this is probably a silly question, but I cannot find where to setup the notifications to appear in the lock screen.
Could anybody help me with that?

Thanks

nsmith4

Nov 8, 2011
hey guys,

I know this is probably a silly question, but I cannot find where to setup the notifications to appear in the lock screen.
Could anybody help me with that?

Thanks
This rom doesn't have lock screen notifications and the dev team said they're most likely not going to add them. You can use widgets like dashclock to get them on your screen or you can use and app like Nils which will give you swipe-able and actionable notifications that are over-layed onto your lockscreen. I use NILs and I actually prefer it to the built in lockscreen notifications other roms provide.

Reactions: _LEM_

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
This rom doesn't have lock screen notifications and the dev team said they're most likely not going to add them. You can use widgets like dashclock to get them on your screen or you can use and app like Nils which will give you swipe-able and actionable notifications that are over-layed onto your lockscreen. I use NILs and I actually prefer it to the built in lockscreen notifications other roms provide.

oh... that's why. Thanks for the information.
I have tried NILS in the past but it didn't work very well for me.
I guess I will have to move to a different ROM. I liked this one though.

Regards

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
oh... that's why. Thanks for the information.
I have tried NILS in the past but it didn't work very well for me.
I guess I will have to move to a different ROM. I liked this one though.

Regards
I do believe DashClock is included in the Rom/Gapps. It does have pretty good customization options. There are some other Widgets on the Play store. The App Locket has an option to customize Lockscreen wallpapers as well.

Reactions: _LEM_

parshu1970

Jan 4, 2008
Thanks.

I did freeze the Google Search. It seem that has solved the problem.

Not sure if it is connected but I started getting FC for music services. Even when I do not have any music running. I did multiple reboots. No success.

It is not a big problem but rather an annoyance.

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Thanks.

I did freeze the Google Search. It seem that has solved the problem.

Not sure if it is connected but I started getting FC for music services. Even when I do not have any music running. I did multiple reboots. No success.

It is not a big problem but rather an annoyance.
Not related. Wipe data to that app.

voidstab

Dec 22, 2012
I went from 5.10 to 6.8 and am experiencing unusually loud phone volumes. The volume buttons seem to work but the range is from loud to louder. Anything I can do to correct this?

The rom is awesome.
Thanks
Jason

radmacks

Dec 12, 2007
www.youtube.com
Ktoonsez Kernel

Just wondering fi anyone is rocking Ktoonsez kernel on this rom (6.8 latest weekly)? if so thoughts? I have used his touchwiz version in the past and was pretty happy. Haven't tried the asop version yet.

radmacks

Dec 12, 2007
www.youtube.com
Just tried Ktoonsez asop latest and Lean had no wifi. As previously mentioned in before new drivers have to wait for the custom kernels to be updated I guess.

Just wondering fi anyone is rocking Ktoonsez kernel on this rom (6.8 latest weekly)? if so thoughts? I have used his touchwiz version in the past and was pretty happy. Haven't tried the asop version yet.

Last edited:

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis

Just tried Ktoonsez asop latest and Lean had no wifi. As previously mentioned in before new drivers have to wait for the custom kernels to be updated I guess.
I do use Ktoonsez and works fantastic. True it needs to be uploaded for Moduleless WiFi.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere with SlimPie Controls.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
      • SlimPie - Easily access frequently used command at anytime.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Video Preview of the Rom -

Important SlimRom links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Please Note, All the Variants of Samsung Galaxy S3 for North America are now combined under one umbrella Device called D2LTE.

Stable Release Downloads - Download the Most recent Stable Release of the Rom. Also provides a Change Log.

Weekly Release Downloads - Latest and most up to date Code. Given its weekly nature, there might Possibly be a bug or two.

Google Apps Download Stable Release or Beta Release.- This features 3 different Packages Minimal, Full and All in One (AIO). You may also want to visit [GAPPS][4.4.x] Official Slim GApps TRDS (Slimkat)

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch!

Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

SlimRoms Forum

If you are interested in helping the project,

If you are interested in Theming -

To those who are interested in Themes, the following two theme engines have been found to be working satisfactorily by XDA user @jorv976

You may wish to use either

Xtheme Engine
    - XTheme Engine beta5 It will want Xposed Framework. You will be interested in #10 of the XTheme Thread. It has a mini Guide on applying themes.

OR

HK Theme Manager - Thread and its themes.

Here are a few Sample Screens after theming.
    Themed1-1.jpg

Themed4-1-1.jpg

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat (d2att), ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    nicklovell23, SlimRoms, Perseus, Tylog
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 9.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-12-21
    Current Beta Version: 8.20
    Beta Release Date: 2014-12-22

Created 2014-05-21
    Last Updated 2015-03-09
    On another note, is d2lte gonna be supported in 5.0? Seems most devs have moved on.:banghead:
    Going to happen since I have some say about it. ;) Last I checked, my only DD Device is a S3. :cowboy:

Patience is Virtue and all that.
    Its still broken.
    Data yes
    GPS no
    Bluetooth untested

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001606615

Says GPS yes. :)
    I am the most patient individual in the world!! ( I never push for a time or date from a developer) I guess I should have asked the question a different way, is the weekly development of 9.0 finished...because of LP getting ready to drop?........because the download files are gone...
    You have not been Asking ETA. I know. :) As to LP? Well keep watching hopefully later today.
    Yes, stable 9 is the last kk build. All efforts now are for SlimLP. It's still in alpha, but weeklies are coming soon. Some devices are gonna have a tougher time than others, though. Right now there's lots of good builds for N5 and Oneplus One, but others still need work, from what I understand.
    Yeah D2 fell into latter category. The stock Camera is still borked. However 3rd party Camera apps are working fine.
    yes, you choice your kernel based on better audio perfomance.. but im looking for better battery perfomance? which one do you can recommended?
    <cough> my signature<cough><cough>
    @brttwilliams

To All

Please use the following as your Current Weekly 8.4

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655042121

Just for this once, keep aside the 8.4 posted on Slim Website.