[ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat (d2spr) Stable 9.0

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 857253

ape6ane5.jpg

Off topic here, just wanted to say that again this ROM is just awesome... And looking retro on my phone...!

From my Sprint Galaxy S3 with KitKat using Tapatalk Pro

sixgunmojo

Jun 11, 2013
Wakelock solved!!! (apparently)

I have a post a few pages back about a 100% partial wakelock that has been driving me crazy (CdmaInboundSmsHandler). I think I may have found the solution due to this post (@snowman_pr you have been thanked) and a fortuitous knock on my door. After reading snowmans post I was setting up a very clean install on phone when a family friend knocked on my door. After a brief conversation, of which the important part (to this discussion) was "Didn't you get my voicemail" "Umm no". After she left, I finished the install (very minimal only downloaded BBS and Nova prime) and sent myself a text like snowman suggested. About an hour and a half later I checked my phone and no wakelock. :D Spent the next couple of hours slowly downloading my apps back from the play store, 4-5 at a time, setting them up and waiting. Still no wakelock (yay!). During this time I was wondering about my VVM not working and what text could have gotten stuck. Finally it dawned on me, one of the first things I do during a re-install is to blacklist every call and text from anyone not im my contact list. This caused a case that when I installed the VVM apk it wasn't recieving all of the provisioning texts and thus my voicemail wasn't properly setup. I un-installed VVM, un-blocked texts, re-installed VVM (and went through the whole setup again to be sure), left my self a voicemail and waited for everthing to settle down. Worked like a charm. Unplugged my phone right befor I went to sleep, checked BBS when I woke up, no wakelock and a battery drain of 0.5%/hr! **cartwheels** I'm currently testing If I can blacklist 9016 texts again (so far, so good).

TL,DR: CdmaInboundHandler wakelock 1) send yourself a text or 2) make sure your voicemail is fully provisioned befor you blacklist 9016 texts :)

sixgunmojo

Jun 11, 2013
ape6ane5.jpg

Off topic here, just wanted to say that again this ROM is just awesome... And looking retro on my phone...!

From my Sprint Galaxy S3 with KitKat using Tapatalk Pro
How's this for retro. I also have "The Bad" and "The Ugly" depending on mood. And yes my desktop is that clean, LMT launcher and Swapps keep everything a thumb swipe away. :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-27-12-32-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-27-12-32-15.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 206
D

Deleted member 857253

Now that is coolness right there... that's very minimalistic indeed...! Wonder what can you do for a few dollars more.. ;)

And glad you finally resolved the wakelock issue, glad to be of help!! :good:

hayzooos

Mar 10, 2011
Illinois
I have a post a few pages back about a 100% partial wakelock that has been driving me crazy (CdmaInboundSmsHandler). I think I may have found the solution due to this post (@snowman_pr you have been thanked) and a fortuitous knock on my door. After reading snowmans post I was setting up a very clean install on phone when a family friend knocked on my door. After a brief conversation, of which the important part (to this discussion) was "Didn't you get my voicemail" "Umm no". After she left, I finished the install (very minimal only downloaded BBS and Nova prime) and sent myself a text like snowman suggested. About an hour and a half later I checked my phone and no wakelock. :D Spent the next couple of hours slowly downloading my apps back from the play store, 4-5 at a time, setting them up and waiting. Still no wakelock (yay!). During this time I was wondering about my VVM not working and what text could have gotten stuck. Finally it dawned on me, one of the first things I do during a re-install is to blacklist every call and text from anyone not im my contact list. This caused a case that when I installed the VVM apk it wasn't recieving all of the provisioning texts and thus my voicemail wasn't properly setup. I un-installed VVM, un-blocked texts, re-installed VVM (and went through the whole setup again to be sure), left my self a voicemail and waited for everthing to settle down. Worked like a charm. Unplugged my phone right befor I went to sleep, checked BBS when I woke up, no wakelock and a battery drain of 0.5%/hr! **cartwheels** I'm currently testing If I can blacklist 9016 texts again (so far, so good).

TL,DR: CdmaInboundHandler wakelock 1) send yourself a text or 2) make sure your voicemail is fully provisioned befor you blacklist 9016 texts :)

You blacklist everyone who isn't in your contacts? Dang, that sounds pretty extreme!

sixgunmojo

Jun 11, 2013
You blacklist everyone who isn't in your contacts? Dang, that sounds pretty extreme!

Lol, not really. I feel that if I don't know you there is no reason for you to text me (and don't even get me started on ads and spam). I have a setup for phone calls where google voice is one of my contacts. If I have to give out a number to someone I don't know, a business, or a friend of a friend type situation, they get my gv number. I also use an app called voice choice that automaticly allows all calls to any of my contacts to go through my sprint number and any other calls are made with my GV number. Plus i'm pretty sure there have been months where I've spent more time dicking around with roms, apps and setups, than I have doing any thing else on my phone. :D

Reactions: hayzooos

hayzooos

Mar 10, 2011
Illinois
Lol, not really. I feel that if I don't know you there is no reason for you to text me (and don't even get me started on ads and spam). I have a setup for phone calls where google voice is one of my contacts. If I have to give out a number to someone I don't know, a business, or a friend of a friend type situation, they get my gv number. I also use an app called voice choice that automaticly allows all calls to any of my contacts to go through my sprint number and any other calls are made with my GV number. Plus i'm pretty sure there have been months where I've spent more time dicking around with roms, apps and setups, than I have doing any thing else on my phone. :D

That actually sounds like a pretty good system. I was using GV integrated with Sprint a year to 18 months ago when they were in full Network Vision rollout around here and it was causing HAVOC with both mine and my wife's phone. I un-did everything because I couldn't take it anymore. The list of problems were too long to list out here, but I liked a lot of the options I had through them. I've thought about getting another GV number (that's actually local) and go through some of that stuff again. I'd like to keep my Sprint number for friends/family that kind of stuff, then use the GV number for business calls and such.

I might shoot you a PM to see how you have everything set up and what you found works best and what didn't work quite so well!

sixgunmojo

Jun 11, 2013
That actually sounds like a pretty good system. I was using GV integrated with Sprint a year to 18 months ago when they were in full Network Vision rollout around here and it was causing HAVOC with both mine and my wife's phone. I un-did everything because I couldn't take it anymore. The list of problems were too long to list out here, but I liked a lot of the options I had through them. I've thought about getting another GV number (that's actually local) and go through some of that stuff again. I'd like to keep my Sprint number for friends/family that kind of stuff, then use the GV number for business calls and such.

I might shoot you a PM to see how you have everything set up and what you found works best and what didn't work quite so well!

PM sent

sixgunmojo

Jun 11, 2013
Look what I've got! I love being a tester!
y4ujajuh.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Sweet! Any goodness coming that we havent seen yet? I've been missing the ability to change the alpha and picture on the lockscreen (pretty sure I had that on SlimBean). Also how does one become a tester and are any special skills needed?

shekinahsmoke

Mar 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Sweet! Any goodness coming that we havent seen yet? I've been missing the ability to change the alpha and picture on the lockscreen (pretty sure I had that on SlimBean). Also how does one become a tester and are any special skills needed?

hey @sixgunmojo , @noles4life50 is not in good shape... he was jacked for his phone and the rom.. we.. ahem I mean .. they are currently holding him in an undisclosed location. :angel:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere with SlimPie Controls.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
      • SlimPie - Easily access frequently used command at anytime.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Video Preview of the Rom -

Important SlimRom links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Please Note, All the Variants of Samsung Galaxy S3 for North America are now combined under one umbrella Device called D2LTE.

Stable Release Downloads - Download the Most recent Stable Release of the Rom. Also provides a Change Log.

Weekly Release Downloads - Latest and most up to date Code. Given its weekly nature, there might Possibly be a bug or two.

Google Apps Download Stable Release or Beta Release.- This features 3 different Packages Minimal, Full and All in One (AIO). You may also want to visit [GAPPS][4.4.x] Official Slim GApps TRDS (Slimkat)

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch!

Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

SlimRoms Forum

If you are interested in helping the project,

If you are interested in Theming -

To those who are interested in Themes, the following two theme engines have been found to be working satisfactorily by XDA user @jorv976

You may wish to use either

Xtheme Engine
    - XTheme Engine beta5 It will want Xposed Framework. You will be interested in #10 of the XTheme Thread. It has a mini Guide on applying themes.

OR

HK Theme Manager - Thread and its themes.

Here are a few Sample Screens after theming.
    Themed1-1.jpg

Themed4-1-1.jpg

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat (d2spr), ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    nicklovell23, SlimRoms, Perseus, Tylog
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 9.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-12-08
    Current Beta Version: 8.20
    Beta Release Date: 2014-07-14

Created 2014-05-21
    Last Updated 2015-02-10
    Anyone having issues with 3 or 4g?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Every sprint user.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
    Here you guys go http://goo.im/devs/nicklovell23/Slim4.4-beta
    make sure to grab the correct build since all 3 d2 variants will be in this folder. Known bugs camera freezes and bt has issues "remember it is a beta build". Things are being worked on feverishly so stay tuned to http://slimroms.net/ for future updates" As always make sure to make a nandroid and follow installation instructions. Let me know of what other issues/bugs you guys find... Thanks for all the support my self as well as the Slim Team appreciates it. Also make sure to grab the beta1 gapps from http://slimroms.net/. Enjoy...
    To All:

Please note, in the upcoming Weekly, there are 2 Changes of note. So you may want to observe in your current setup before flashing. Dirty flash is okey.

1. For those of us on LTE, you may see a small change in network speed. Hopefully higher. So might want to do speed test before flashing.
    2. One of the Alarms caused by com.internal.telephony, AKA the phone app, is quieted down. Hopefully this saves a little battery for you. You can see for yourself on BBS Alarm Section before and after.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone