[ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat (d2tmo) Stable 9.0

Search This thread

lilajrestnom

Jul 31, 2011
Philadelphia
I just clean flashed this ROM and everything is fine except for Wi-Fi. It doesn't seem to turn on at all. When I turn it on from the toggle widget it does nothing and if I turn it on from within the Wi-Fi settings, the switch says on but it doesn't start scanning for available routers.
I flashed Ktoonsz kernel and gapps. Could the kernel be the problem?

Also, is there a way to get the quick setting widgets in ribbon form?

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
I flashed Ktoonsz kernel and gapps. Could the kernel be the problem?

Also, is there a way to get the quick setting widgets in ribbon form?
Its the Kernel. This rom is ahead of the kernel.

Quick Setting Tiles are what they are in Kitkat. You could use some widget from play store to achieve the goal. Or see if Xposed has something.

Reactions: lilajrestnom

JaMoFo

Feb 3, 2008
Want to say thank you for an amazing ROM. I just got the T999 a month ago and flashed this. 5781 Weekly is super stable and smooth im almost afraid to flash anything else.

munchee

Nov 2, 2012
Anyone happens to be using line messenger? If you do, are you able to do video call? I kept getting FC with video call. Thank you in advance.

darksandz93

Aug 24, 2010
Hello, I'm running into a problem trying to flash the rom. I keep getting "E: Error executing updater binary in zip [file location]"

Edit: Finally got it to work, my TWRP version was too old, flashed the latest version and voilà

Last edited:

qhdevon43

Mar 30, 2010
Intermittent Slowness

Hey guys i have the stable 7 build on my t999 samsung s3 phone... Everything works great...except sometimes ... i experience slowness... or times when my phone will lag ...maybe it last for about 2-3 minutes but its kind of annoying... any suggestions??? Thanks...

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Hey guys i have the stable 7 build on my t999 samsung s3 phone... Everything works great...except sometimes ... i experience slowness... or times when my phone will lag ...maybe it last for about 2-3 minutes but its kind of annoying... any suggestions??? Thanks...
Are you using custom kernel ?

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
No I am not using any custom kernel at all. I have tried that ktoonz kernel in the past and the lag disappears but it breaks my wifi tethering and i desperatly need that so no I there is no custom kernel.. :(
Please use the App "Trickster Mod", See what Governor and Scheduler are default or in operation.

scott7175

Apr 27, 2012
Tooele, utah
I'm playing around with this ROM today, does anyone know where the settings for the DPI is?

I don't like everything so small and compact.

One of the many features not implemented download an app from the play store to change it also this has been answered once before

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Free mobile app

Vyrus69

Aug 25, 2011
Miami, FL
www.djmarcalexander.com
Ok got the DPI sorted out...is there a clear all button for the recents app screen? Or I have to swipe them one by one?

So far so good and its running really smooth. What kernels work best with this rom?

I also seem to keep getting a lot of random gapps force closes for no apparent reason.

Last edited:

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
The volume seems to be louder which makes it distorted. Is there a way to change that?
Hopefully by next weekly I will lower it.
Ok got the DPI sorted out...is there a clear all button for the recents app screen? Or I have to swipe them one by one?

So far so good and its running really smooth. What kernels work best with this rom?

I also seem to keep getting a lot of random gapps force closes for no apparent reason.
No Clear All. You can use Pinch Gesture to Clear all.

Please do a clean install for the FCs.

Reactions: amealwithlargefries

Infamous_Cheez

Apr 7, 2011
Can anyone confirm FC when accessing Settings -> Interface -> Notification & QS Drawer?

7.4 Weekly, clean install.

Just want to verify if it's my phone before attempting to flash again.

Thanks!

Edit: Flashed again, no FC. Everything is in working order. [emoji106]

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere with SlimPie Controls.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
      • SlimPie - Easily access frequently used command at anytime.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Video Preview of the Rom -

Important SlimRom links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Please Note, All the Variants of Samsung Galaxy S3 for North America are now combined under one umbrella Device called D2LTE.

Stable Release Downloads - Download the Most recent Stable Release of the Rom. Also provides a Change Log.

Weekly Release Downloads - Latest and most up to date Code. Given its weekly nature, there might Possibly be a bug or two.

Google Apps Download Stable Release or Beta Release.- This features 3 different Packages Minimal, Full and All in One (AIO). You may also want to visit [GAPPS][4.4.x] Official Slim GApps TRDS (Slimkat)

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch!

Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

SlimRoms Forum

If you are interested in helping the project,

If you are interested in Theming -

To those who are interested in Themes, the following two theme engines have been found to be working satisfactorily by XDA user @jorv976

You may wish to use either

Xtheme Engine
    - XTheme Engine beta5 It will want Xposed Framework. You will be interested in #10 of the XTheme Thread. It has a mini Guide on applying themes.

OR

HK Theme Manager - Thread and its themes.

Here are a few Sample Screens after theming.
    Themed1-1.jpg

Themed4-1-1.jpg

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat (d2tmo), ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    nicklovell23, SlimRoms, Perseus, Tylog
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 9.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-12-29
    Current Beta Version: 8.20
    Beta Release Date: 2014-12-22

Created 2014-05-21
    Last Updated 2014-12-31
    Thanks guys. I heard all the thoughts. You can Rest assured, that SlimLP 5.0 IS COMING to D2TMO. (I better do it as I too have only the D2TMO for DD).

We had a major merge for BlackList functionality. Once that Stabilizes, I might post a D2ATT build for you. (Yeah CM's clubbed D2ATT and D2TMO into D2GSM.)
    @galahadUSA and @mp3deviant721 would you care to post your Bootloader versions ?
    To All the Users of Slim on this Device -

I wanted to share my thoughts as the Developer for Slim on this device. I have always tired to stand up to the reputation and impression in your minds that Slim Rom is always, rugged, dependable and reliable even in Weeklies. This is why I have a set of Testers who help me evaluate every important build including OS Upgrades. I do not prefer to unleash half baked builds that can't be used as Daily Drivers even by those who know what they are doing. If its not a Daily Driver for my D2TMO, I won't ask you to make it. Hope that makes sense.

Having said that, I do indeed have had Official Alpha Version for SlimLP. I may not have asked any of you to test because its was not ready with known issues. As of now, I have it running on my Phone but still there are couple of issues Such as

1. No stable Root
    2. Stock Camera does not work. (Open Camera Does)
    I personally don't think this is worthy of Weekly. I;d like to solicit opinions from you guys If I should make a Weekly knowing this is the case. Please there shall not be Buyer's Remorse later or any complaining that this is a bad ROM or not ready. So be thoughtful before rushing for the next Android Version.
    Is this still broken on 8.4 weekly?
    No.

To All

Please use the following as your Current Weekly 8.4

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655042121

Just for this once, keep aside the 8.4 posted on Slim Website.
    I just flashed 8.2 over 8.0 I can dial a call but it immediately hangs up on my end. It does ring on the other end, though, but when the other person answers they hear nothing. Calls to my cell number get sent to voicemail. Phone showed H/H+ connectivity but I couldn't connect to anything needing data for a while. I messed with APN setting and Preferred Network Type and then set everything back as it was. My connection switched to E for a while and then finally back to H and data is working again. I can send/receive SMS/MMS messages fine. I tried making a call via Hangouts just for kicks and that worked fine, too. FYI
    I experienced this as well with 8.2. Flashed back to 8.0 for now and it's resolved.
    Thanks guys, I have a working solution that is tested. Unfortunately one of the fixes is breaking it for a lot of other devices. If we do not have a resolution in time, I might post a rehosted Weekly.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone