[ROM][4.4.4] SlimKat [m7vzw]

Search This thread

major_works

Mar 27, 2011
I just want to say that I've tried quite a few of the AOSP-based ROMs, and I have yet to find the one that runs better on my phone than SlimKat. Kudos to the devs.

jtj1825

Dec 17, 2010
My only issue so with latest weekly is that my YouTube app doesn't seem to want to full screen in landscape. The status bar won't go away

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Flinny

Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2011
Sunderland
For those that want to test something with all of the m7 changes on gerrit. I've put together some builds.

http://d-h.st/users/Flinny

m7 variant is for what was m7ul/m7att/m7tmo previously
m7spr is for the sprint variant
m7vzw is for the verizon variant

I would suggest a backup first and a wipe before reporting any problems :D

Nick.

Reactions: jax187

Flinny

Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2011
Sunderland
Apparently SlimKat does not count as Original Development any more despite being compiled from source in the same way CM/AOSPA/etc etc and having many home grown/coded from scratch features... for this reason this thread has been moved to the standard development area. I have queried this decision but have not heard back yet. (all code on https://github.com/slimroms/)

I'm fairly sure this is an over site and things will hopefully be restored shortly.

Anyway In the mean time. If anyone would like to test a probable stable release before it's actually released send me a PM :)

Thanks,

Nick.

jpradley

Jul 6, 2010
New York
Display keeps dimming.

A small problem that I've been seeing using the last few weekly Slim releases:
My display gets very dim. I go into settings and put it back to maximum brightness, but some random time later, it goes dim again.

Yehudah

Oct 14, 2012
Great ROM. I was wary at first because of the problems I had with KK ROMs on my DNA. But this one has been perfect since I installed it (and the build 4 update). Great job.

I have questions about ART.

- Can ART be turned on in this ROM?
- What benefit does ART have over Dalvik?
- Can I revert back to Dalvik if for some reason I don't like ART?

Other than the questions around ART, I can't say anything other than KUDO's for this ROM. I'm not sure why more people aren't using it. Good work Dev's as always.

jpradley

Jul 6, 2010
New York
I have questions about ART.

- Can ART be turned on in this ROM?
- What benefit does ART have over Dalvik?
- Can I revert back to Dalvik if for some reason I don't like ART?
In the Developer Section of Settings, you can select ART or Dalvik as the runtime scheme. I've gone back and forth. I've no idea how to conduct tests with precise performance numbers, but in my day to day usage, I don't notice any differences..

jpradley

Jul 6, 2010
New York
Stable Build 4 released

Slim-m7vzw-4.4.2.build.4-OFFICIAL-3632.zip has been released, as well as a new Gapps bundle, Slim_AIO_gapps.4.4.2.build.4.zip.
Find your way to them on slimroms.net.

Reactions: sidjohn

Yehudah

Oct 14, 2012
In the Developer Section of Settings, you can select ART or Dalvik as the runtime scheme. I've gone back and forth. I've no idea how to conduct tests with precise performance numbers, but in my day to day usage, I don't notice any differences..

Thanks JP. I switched to ART and haven't noticed anthing different. But knowing that I'm bleeding edge gives me a little more mojo. LOL

Yehudah

Oct 14, 2012
So far so good on the ART thing.... and this ROM is so stable.

You know I'ma ROM junkie...but I can't seem to find a ROM I'd rather use so far than this one. I think I've had this ROM installed longer than ANY OTHER ROM I've used since my DNA.

Totally recommend it for daily use.:good:

tombepa

Jul 14, 2010
Just loaded it up and seems great so far. Can you tell me what the default DPI setting is in case I want to go to stock dpi? I'm kinda liking this setup though.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Jonestown

Jun 27, 2011
I love this ROM, absolutely (probably) the best ROM I've ever used.

EDIT - Actually, every since I upgraded recently, I have had some killer home button lag. It's not "killer" but it's definitely noticable compared to other roms.

I think it may be the CM kernel or something. I don't notice this lag on OmniROM at all. Could be something else though.

Last edited:

Yehudah

Oct 14, 2012
I love this ROM, absolutely (probably) the best ROM I've ever used.

EDIT - Actually, every since I upgraded recently, I have had some killer home button lag. It's not "killer" but it's definitely noticable compared to other roms.

I think it may be the CM kernel or something. I don't notice this lag on OmniROM at all. Could be something else though.

I don't notice that. I have an Otterbox Defender case... and the plastic front cover makes me tap harder and more often than I like to - not a problem with the ROM by any stretch. The ROM is lickety-split.... very fast.

Can't wait for the next update, should there be a critter.

kirch21

Feb 2, 2009
going to switch to this rom! what seems to be the better option right now in your guys opinion the weeklies or the stable 3/31 build? thanks

Yehudah

Oct 14, 2012
going to switch to this rom! what seems to be the better option right now in your guys opinion the weeklies or the stable 3/31 build? thanks

I'm on the weekly, and it's been 5x5 for me.

Interestingly; Since I've been a member here, I've upset my wife for hours (maybe days) on end crack flashing my HTC phones. My DNA ran Slimkat, but had some WiFi issues but not on my ONE. THIS ROM, when compared to the others, is the best.

I get really fast speeds in WiFi now (fast for me anyway - 30+ down/20+ up).

I've tried almost every AOSP and Sense ROM on this board, and NONE of them are as good as this one is.

I am totally happy, and would gladly payroll these dev's.

cooltech786

Jan 5, 2010
I'm on the weekly, and it's been 5x5 for me.

Interestingly; Since I've been a member here, I've upset my wife for hours (maybe days) on end crack flashing my HTC phones. My DNA ran Slimkat, but had some WiFi issues but not on my ONE. THIS ROM, when compared to the others, is the best.

I get really fast speeds in WiFi now (fast for me anyway - 30+ down/20+ up).

I've tried almost every AOSP and Sense ROM on this board, and NONE of them are as good as this one is.

I am totally happy, and would gladly payroll these dev's.

Hey,

I'm on LiquidSmooth right now but am finding it a bit buggy. But, I'm a big fan of the lockscreen notifications, pocket mode, and OmniSwitch that they have baked in. Does SlimKat have similar features? That would make it / break it for me, this otherwise looks like an awesome ROM.

Flinny

Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2011
Sunderland
As I wasn't quite ready for the weekly's I uploaded some builds I did yesterday to :-

http://d-h.st/users/Flinny

Slim-m7-4.4.2.build.4.4-UNOFFICIAL-20140416-1550.zip - All GSM models
Slim-m7vzw-4.4.2.build.4.4-UNOFFICIAL-20140416-1640.zip - Verizon
Slim-m7spr-4.4.2.build.4.4-UNOFFICIAL-20140416-1618.zip - Sprint

Flash at your own risk... as usual :D

Nick.

Reactions: Yehudah

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimRoms M7, ROM for the Verizon HTC One

Contributors
    Flinny, SlimRoms
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-05-13

Created 2014-05-13
    Last Updated 2014-09-28
    im having trouble flashing the official 9 and 8, allways stop in mounting system. i allready try CWM recovery and TWRP recovery. i downloaded both from slimroms.net

I had that problem a few times myself. I would recommend TWRP 2.8.3.0 (santod has a link somewhere). Try flashing it, and if it hangs, force a reboot and try flashing again. Usually that worked for me.
    Looks like there were some hot boot issues with 2.2 that were found before ours was even built.

2.3 is now available for download though.
    There was slight confusion with the merging of some of the other devices whilst m7 only merged the GSM variants that resulted in it not being built for vzw. I've been promised a 5.1 build instead....If it doesn't appear shortly I'll do one myself.

Nick.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone