Looks pretty awesome as an Alpha build. Hope the commits from Slim can also eliminate bugs in AOSP 4.4 compilations and stimulate CM/PA/PAC development (yeah I know some of you hate CM, but Slim alters the default AOSP interface layout, DPI, etc., which is more annoying to me).
Good job anyway Falling back to CM10.2 for the moment until other choices come out.
SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.
SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
The Real Dark Slim
Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
System-Wide Keyboard Controls
Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.
slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.
Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.
1. Be sure you are on latest CWM or TWRP recovery!!!!!!
2. Not all gapps packages right now are nice working. You can try others but at least I know that the one linked here is working. If you have other gapps which are working you can link it here of course
3. Full wipe when coming from any 4.3 or 4.4 rom (as well format system manually please)
so guys again a new build is up.....last 4 days added over 6000 lines new code.....2000 lines from that I coded from scratch...a bit burned out so this is mainly a fixing release.....changes
- fix superuser issues + security fixes
- fix broken play sound on charge option
- fix white slider issues on whit colored apps
- fix battery percent was a bit to high on qs
- some code improvements
- added delete option when takin screenshot
- again corrected some parts where google missed to theme KitKat to the end
- and a lot minor stuff
- aaaaand some kernel updates which seems to have solved the reboot issues. Please test and report back
so guys....seems to be that I need to clarify something
1. this is an alpha version for a good reason......testing things, optimizing things etc etc. Bugs can happen bugs cannot happen depends on what we try.
2. We have now an officially unsupported device. That means way harder time for all of us!!!!!!! You can really be happy that in such a short time the main things are working.
3. To say switch to another rom is the worst advice ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you think we can solve any problems without proper reports??????? If you guys really search a perfect daily driver....do not switch to 4.4 at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. I see so much roms and commits which are using slims device tree for tuna....but ya switching rom is the solution
5. As neb said CM did nothing.....this is a google fix and included since last 2 builds
6. about features yes they come step by step........we recode a lot parts we are not a kanger rom.....although some seems to think that Interesting that tons of our features are included in other roms
7. guys I need for the reboots more logs please from latest build to see what reason is left. Thanks
sorry guys but the last pages pisses me partly of. Roms are living because of the community and help. This way roms scene will die due that no developer has the patience to do it further more.
PS. any yeah the big menu button a lot lot guys requested to have it back is the surprise we had endless discussions about it lol
sorry guys was not online yesterday....in some hours new build will arrive
volume rocker wake
volume musc controll
slims crt animation options
slims privacy guard completly fixed
safe headset volume option
2 fixes in google code regarding inversive mode
some minor fixes
so stay tuned
about the gpu problems...still same only minor imporvements internaly...good thing more and more devs are working on it. tuna is not the only device with this problem....just nice to see that now other devices in our team as well in other teams with omap4 are getting 4.4. The more devs we have the more hope is for a together worked out solution