[ROM][4.4.4] SlimKat (yuga)

Search This thread

Olivier

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 6, 2011
It's time to move on... I'm not going to explain why nightlies are currently broken, but it's not my fault anyway. Just because I can't respond within 24 hours it doesn't mean the Xperia Z is "dead", I WOULD announce that.

This is the future...

slimlp.png

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Z mit Tapatalk

nihilista

Feb 1, 2012
Ruhrgebiet
OnePlus 8 Pro
It's time to move on... I'm not going to explain why nightlies are currently broken, but it's not my fault anyway. Just because I can't respond within 24 hours it doesn't mean the Xperia Z is "dead", I WOULD announce that.

This is the future...

slimlp.png

Sry, no offense, its just because it was suddenly dead once and we fear a bit dieing again ;)
And yes, future is LP, but i hope with TRDS and not lollipop coloured :)

Olivier

Nov 6, 2011

nihilista

Feb 1, 2012
Ruhrgebiet
OnePlus 8 Pro
Since you guys have been worried about our device not being supported, we have just fixed the issues and yuga should get the next weekly next week.
For now, I've compiled a homemade build. Enjoy: Slim-yuga-4.4.4.build.8.20-UNOFFICIAL-20141211-2006

Sure, once it's stable enough... I can't just release a build without a working RIL for a phone. [emoji14]

I tested alpha build from your build server today, was bit too fast, but installed it as second rom....and lost my RIL for first rom. Shouldn't second rom installs be independent from first rom?
Btw, i had some nandroid backup so no problem, alpha is alpha and not beta, sure ;)

Olivier

Nov 6, 2011
That didn't happen to me and no, it's not normal. However nobody told you to flash that build, it was just for testing purposes (I have to download builds from my build server lol).

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost ic0n

Ghost ic0n

Oct 17, 2012
Houston
ghostic0n.deviantart.com
Woot, definitely excited for Slim to come on Lollipop for our Yuga! And yes, I hope TRDS makes it way as I can't stand all the white and flashy colors Lollipop has going for it.

Anyways, thanks for the homemade build, Olivier!

nihilista

Feb 1, 2012
Ruhrgebiet
OnePlus 8 Pro
That didn't happen to me and no, it's not normal. However nobody told you to flash that build, it was just for testing purposes (I have to download builds from my build server lol).

Nobody told me to do that, but i did a bit testing, what's wrong? No problem for me as i never do something like that completely without knowledge about what i do and a nandroid backup....
I just reported because maybe that helps, if not, ok -)

Bread123

Aug 26, 2013

This is the future...

slimlp.png

I test your newest alpha build (13.12) slimlp and its really fast awesome work man i test some things data and hotspot doesnt work calls too (unfortunatelly process stoped)
Really great build i hope will be fixed because i wanna use this as a daily driver thanks olivier :)

K3NNYH

Apr 12, 2012
Melbourne
Hey guys, just wondering how much better is the battery life between Slimrom Kitkat and stock Kitkat 10.5.1.A.0.283? is it much difference? is it worth flashing if what i am looking for is better battery life? thanks in advance guys :)

Ghost ic0n

Oct 17, 2012
Houston
ghostic0n.deviantart.com
Hey guys, just wondering how much better is the battery life between Slimrom Kitkat and stock Kitkat 10.5.1.A.0.283? is it much difference? is it worth flashing if what i am looking for is better battery life? thanks in advance guys :)

Although I am not currently using this ROM, I can certainly tell you, based on prior experiences, that this ROM is miles better than stock KitKat in terms of battery life and performance/smoothness. However, I highly suggest you run this ROM in conjunction with Thomas' KMA Kernel (my settings being Westwood TPU Congestion, Interactive CPU & GPU governor, and SIO I/O Scheduler).

gorillanobka

Jan 8, 2016
London

Testing What?

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Hello Gents

I don't wanna be THAT guy but I have to ask if you really dropped support for Yuga.
We would really love to see an updated rom assuming you guys have't dropped the support for yuga.

It was really awesome (but than again, you know that)

Anyways, if marshmallow is out of question we will be waiting for the N.. Apparently somebody managed to make it run on Xperia M. Lucky bastards :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.
    • Slim Goodies
      • Slim Recents , Slim Pie.

Important links:

Please visit the SlimROMs homepage for more information, the special "SlimGAPPs" and much more. :)
    Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.
    Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.
    FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.
    Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimKat for Xperia Z, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z

Contributors
    Olivier
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: SlimRoms

Version Information

Created 2014-02-17
    Last Updated 2014-09-16
    I'll be building nightlies for some weeks until we're officially supported again. :)
    Link: team-simplicit.com/downloads/yuga/slimkat

This is the future...

slimlp.png

The first official weekly (build 8.2) is up, enjoy! :)