[ROM][4.4.4] [STABLE & WEEKLIES] Official SlimKat (grouper)

Search This thread

coolek33

Jul 15, 2012
Zadupie
Huawei P30
Asus Zenfone 9
First of all great ROM, thanks! Started using on my N7 2012 in May '14 (4.4.2 build 5). Donation on its way!

Sorry I searched but didn't find an answer to this:
When I installed in May I used the AIO Aroma gapps. Now in your downloads section I only see mini, normal, and full. Is there no longer an aroma version? I like to pick and choose! :)

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Does [Donate to Me] on the OP not go to the right person any more?

Thanks,
Rich

Yes there's is no aroma anymore but you can remove whatever you want with slim center or root explore manager. If you want to use PA gapps don't count on TRDS.

Reactions: Natakranta

adomol

Jan 25, 2014
/etc/init.d
Mislabeled build?

Just noticed the latest SlimKat build for gouper that just posted is labeled 8.14 instead 8.16 (flo is like that too.)

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
Is anyone working on slim - lp for our beloved grouper?

I was wondering the same. It is obviously the best running ROM so far on my device but Freak broke his laptop screen and can't build SlimLP anymore. With SlimLP running so amazingly good as it is now I am surprised they have not publicly released the alpha builds. Even the alphas feel like a final product to me.

Reactions: ottoemezzo

echelon64

Jun 6, 2014
Lol wrong thread.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1970-01-02-01-11-49.png
    Screenshot_1970-01-02-01-11-49.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 1,326
Last edited:

joeshmoe666

Jan 30, 2015
Saint Petersburg
I'm using a 1st gen Nexus 7 running SlimKat 4.4.4. Can someone please tell me which system apps are safe to uninstall? I'm already aware of Slimsizer in settings (which allows you to uninstall system apps)(other apps can do this too) I would just like to avoid breaking anything.

Reactions: gsutton

Natakranta

Mar 19, 2013
Dublin
I'm using a 1st gen Nexus 7 running SlimKat 4.4.4. Can someone please tell me which system apps are safe to uninstall? I'm already aware of Slimsizer in settings (which allows you to uninstall system apps)(other apps can do this too) I would just like to avoid breaking anything.
Use Titanium Backup to freeze system app you want to delete. Have it for a day like that, make few reboots. If you don't experience any bugs, you are good to go to delete this app with Slimsizer or Titanium Backup. If problems occur while app is frozen, just defrost it and reboot - now you know you shouldn't mess with this particular app.

Any case if things go wrong you can always just dirty flash your ROM without doing any wipes in recovery. This will bring back all deleted system apps, but you will not lose any of your settings, user apps, user apps data, or generally any use data at all.

The Answer to The Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything is: CLEAN FLASH.

I cannot get the computer to recognise the nexus 7, MTP works fine but the device refuses to keep usb debugging enabled or for the computer to recognise (device manage shows nothing) have tested two cables and different usb ports on the computer nothing will work with this device :(
my other devices work fine with adb, any ideas how to get to the bottom of this

Update fastboot works and adb sideload works in TWRP recovery so its only in the rom that adb will not work? Any help much appreciated

This is a two pipe problem

Last edited:
Bump
Dont understand why adb is broken,just flashed Euphoria and adb works fine, wiped and reinstalled this and when booted get adb problems it registers for a second then I lose the device,this is frustrating
I see android devices for a split second before it gets lost :mad:

Seems like my partitions got messed up. fastboot flashed the factory images, wiped then reflashed and everything is good again

Last edited:

ferparedes

Nov 12, 2010
Mexico City
Hi everyone

Just installed latest Slimkat, along with normal addons. I seem to be mising "google play services". Play Store won't load, and I get a bunch of errors in the notification area along the lines of "An application requires installation of Google Play Services".

Any ideas?

Thanks!

EDIT: Reflashed Gapps, removed google accounts and trying to add them. "Can't communicate with Google Servers" :(

Last edited:

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Hi everyone

Just installed latest Slimkat, along with normal addons. I seem to be mising "google play services". Play Store won't load, and I get a bunch of errors in the notification area along the lines of "An application requires installation of Google Play Services".

Any ideas?

Thanks!
You Flashed Dankoman's Slim Kitkat Gapps?

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
How will this fix my missing Play Services? It the ones on the slim page should be fine, why is it still missing? I can download the APK and install it, would just need to know which version I need.
The Gapps that you Flashed are from January - The ones that I linked you to are from April.. I don't know why Play Services aren't in the Gapps that you Flashed... But it's kind of beside the point - The April 4th Slim Gapps is FAR more current.... Flash them - I'm sure that it will resolve your issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimKat, ROM for the Nexus 7

Contributors
    dexter93, Tylog, SlimRoms
    Source Code: https://github.com/SlimRoms

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2014-03-30
    Last Updated 2015-01-01
    it is currently a hard task on the one hand we bring all our devices up on the other hand we put back our features...some are redefined some we programm completly from scratch with new stuff. Eg today we pushed about 200 commits from 4.3 into 4.4 for our other devices + fixes for current devices

but mostly ppl are interested in new features...so new build has:

- superuser included (need to be enabled in developer options!!!)
    - a lot new features just discover them...to much to write up
    - a new crt animation...check it out
    - fix settings locale language problem
    - and tons of fixes under the hood

and new build is up

I added a simple list yesterday but it is actually more we have already included:

- all keyboard features are back (force auto rotate, disable landscape fullscreen, force enter button, ime notification, volume key cursor control)
    - clock statusbar features
    - crt animation
    - statusbar brigthness slide
    - safe headset volume
    - volume rocker features (wake device, sound skip)
    - slims privacy guard
    - volume panel features we had
    - keyguard on supported devices shows now transparent navbar/statusbar as well
    - wifi country code
    - advanced reboot menu
    - custom LED battery and notification features
    - swipe qs -> notification and back
    - disbale OTA from google
    - slims camera and video features (smart capture, image quality, image size, gps indicator etc)
    - implemented root (needs to be enabled in developer settings or in superuser settings. Disabled by default)
    - tons of fixes in google code and optimizations
    - a lot under the hood stuff
    - and whatever I forgot to mention lol
    Some hints:

1. Be sure you are on latest CWM or TWRP recovery!!!!!!

2. Not all gapps packages right now are nice working. You can try others but at least I know that the one linked here is working. If you have other gapps which are working you can link it here of course

3. Full wipe when coming from any 4.3 or 4.4 rom (as well format system manually please)
    Hey guys! Guess what..

SlimKat Build 3.0 Stable

We are proud to announce the first stable release of SlimKat (build 3.0). We would like to thank you for the testing you have done on the weekly builds. This testing laid the foundation for this release.

Instructions: It is very important that you follow the installation instructions (especially the part about wiping/formatting system). If you don't, you will have issues, and there will be no one able to help you out.

Gapps: We have started on the TRDS (The Real Dark Slim) and some compatible apps are included in the release so be sure to update Gapps.

Links for download:

Rom
    Gapps

Changelog:

Frameworks: EdgeGestureService give abbility to reduce the left and right trigger site on IME keyboard
    Frameworks: SlimPie give user ability to reduce trigger heights if IME is active
    Frameworks: TRDS fix possible UI freeze on auto mode change
    Frameworks: Respect and handle shorcut custom icon resources
    Frameworks: Add support for QC's time_daemon
    Frameworks: fix sdk build
    Frameworks: Keyguard: Ensure that a widget and page is attached before attaching the ChallengeLayout.OnBouncerStateChangedListener
    Frameworks: Revert "Make sure to turn off led after pulse()"
    Bootable recovery: Load RTC offset on Qualcomm Krait chips, fixes the broken time & date
    Dialer: Add WhitePages Canada reverse lookup provider
    WhitePages API: Only reload page if the first load has the UUID for the cookie
    Telephony: fix reverese lookup gms logic detection
    General: Again a lot translation updates. Tons of new translations will follow soon (italian and german eg)
    General: A lot small fixes
    Device specific: Again a lot small fixes and upstream. For device specific changes see the attached changelog in the download folder of your device
    Gapps: Update to latest google apps
    Gapps: PlayStore and YouTube TRDS compatibility

Enjoy :)
    so guys the last weekly for this year is rolling out right now. Jenkins started to build the beta.2 weekly builds.

read the changelog as stated above for more details.

A word to grouper/tilapia:

I enabled native USB OTG ;)

have fun, thanks for the support and for the one which are not online tomorrow I wish a happy new year

cheers and thanks

kufi