• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][4.4.4][UNOFFICIAL]AOSPA Legacy 4.6 [BETA 6][11/19/2014]

Search This thread

twitish

Jul 27, 2012
Virginia
Thanks for bringing this up for us, very exciting.

I know this is just getting started, the top features I am hoping to see are:

Quiet hours
Profiles
Long press back button to kill
1px battery bar
swipe between notifications/quick settings

Just my wish list for the cherry picks, but everything seems smooth so far!

Well then good news! Check out the second post for a change log! New build is up!

Long pressing the back button to kill the app is under Developer Options, all the way at the bottom under Apps.
Profiles are not supported by the Paranoid Android Team so I don't think it will be added.
There are different Battery Types under Settings->Battery, the button with the battery icon in the top right will change the status bar icon to different things. Or are you talking about a Battery Bar that goes across the whole screen?

Reactions: mrbobo1

DreamFX

Jan 1, 2011
Well then good news! Check out the second post for a change log! New build is up!

Long pressing the back button to kill the app is under Developer Options, all the way at the bottom under Apps.
Profiles are not supported by the Paranoid Android Team so I don't think it will be added.
There are different Battery Types under Settings->Battery, the button with the battery icon in the top right will change the status bar icon to different things. Or are you talking about a Battery Bar that goes across the whole screen?

GPS working?

mrbobo1

Aug 6, 2012
Dimondale

My gps works perfectly on the last build

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Omfg, wow ☺ thanks for your work!

Battery bar across the whole screen, just things I like but not needed, this rom is great, great battery life so far and no issues.

Reactions: DreamFX and twitish

twitish

Jul 27, 2012
Virginia

Not immediately on my end, but with further experimentation with other ROMs (CM11, OmniRom, and Slim) I can only get a GPS Lock on a Stock ROM, so I think it's me. However, I have gotten success with using GPSFix (LINK) from the Play Store. Run the app first and it will get a GPS Lock after a few minutes, everything works as expected after that. :)

Glad to see it works for you! This further proves that it is an issue on my end...

Battery bar across the whole screen, just things I like but not needed, this rom is great, great battery life so far and no issues.
No problem! I'll look into the battery bar!

Last edited:
Reactions: DreamFX

mrbobo1

Aug 6, 2012
Dimondale
Not immediately on my end, but with further experimentation with other ROMs (CM11, OmniRom, and Slim) I can only get a GPS Lock on a Stock ROM, so I think it's me. However, I have gotten success with using GPSFix (LINK) from the Play Store. Run the app first and it will get a GPS Lock after a few minutes, everything works as expected after that. :)

Glad to see it works for you! This further proves that it is an issue on my end...

No problem! I'll look into the battery bar!

Thanks for the update, you nailed it!

Peek doesn't always seem to work, how is it supposed to work, does it have to be in your pocket or have the proximity sensor covered for a set amount of time?

Can we get an option to hide the alarm icon, usually it's in the alarm settings

Last edited:

twitish

Jul 27, 2012
Virginia
Thanks for the update, you nailed it!

Peek doesn't always seem to work, how is it supposed to work, does it have to be in your pocket or have the proximity sensor covered for a set amount of time?

Can we get an option to hide the alarm icon, usually it's in the alarm settings

I think I'll have to pull in the CM11 Alarm Clock for that option, not sure why it's not there now! As far as Peek is concerned, it is supposed to come on when you pick up your phone off a flat surface or remove something off of the proximity sensor (like a cover or a pocket). I've only ever had it work when I first receive a notification and activate my device, any further use of the lockscreen (or pressing the power button) has always been the default Android lockscreen (both on this phone and my Nexus 7).

Reactions: mrbobo1

twitish

Jul 27, 2012
Virginia
There's a new Experimental build up in the Second Post! I have added Dynamic System Bars as well as a new Mobile Network Battery save option that will switch to 2G after 30 seconds of the screen being off and 3G/4G when it is back on to help save your battery!

Please don't let the "Experimental" tag scare you from this build! It is still stable, just not fully tested by myself yet.

whoot

Oct 31, 2011
There's a new Experimental build up in the Second Post! I have added Dynamic System Bars as well as a new Mobile Network Battery save option that will switch to 2G after 30 seconds of the screen being off and 3G/4G when it is back on to help save your battery!

Please don't let the "Experimental" tag scare you from this build! It is still stable, just not fully tested by myself yet.

Downloaded and installed coming from OmniROM about an hour ago. Battery life is good, everything seems to work fine. I tried out DSB and scrolling and general UI smoothness seemed to stutter a bit, but the fact that it's there is promising.

twitish

Jul 27, 2012
Virginia
Downloaded and installed coming from OmniROM about an hour ago. Battery life is good, everything seems to work fine. I tried out DSB and scrolling and general UI smoothness seemed to stutter a bit, but the fact that it's there is promising.

Unfortunately, the lag is due to how they implemented the DSB. Its just there for the eye candy. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using XDA Free mobile app

mrbobo1

Aug 6, 2012
Dimondale
Switching to the battery saving 2g thing somehow switched the network so it wasn't on CDMA lte, freaked me out until I found that setting and changed it back because I wasn't getting data.

twitish

Jul 27, 2012
Virginia
Lollipop in the works?
Most definitely! I have attempted to build Lollipop in the past, however I was running into some very interesting errors. I decided to wait a bit to try again because there really wasn't much difference between AOSPA and CM until fairly recently. I've gotten a build to compile last night however and am working on a new build as I type this.

I can't remember, but does AOSPA have the theme engine in it?
Yes this has the Theme Engine in it! So will Lollipop!! :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    t65pbs.png

Device: i605 (Verizon Note 2)

Hey all! I am here to bring you the latest version of AOSPA-Legacy to the Verizon Galaxy Note 2! This is always compiled from the latest AOSPA-Legacy sources compiled with the CyanogenMod kernel. I have added some new features to the AOSPA source, but there are no extra apps in the final build.

NOTICE:
    This is an unofficial build that I made for myself that I am sharing with all of you. I have a set use for my phone and therefore cannot test everything. Because of this, your warranty is now void. I am not responsible for any damages this ROM does to your phone, but just know I only upload after testing on my phone. Results may vary. Also, this ROM will be updated when I get around to it. I do not have the infrastructure to build nightlies on this computer (it's a laptop btw), and will only update to add new features/fix bugs, maybe weeklies, haven't decided yet. Perhaps I could become this device's new maintainer since everyone seems to be gone, but I'll get to this later.
    Without further hesitation, let's get to it!

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. MAKE SURE YOUR BOOTLOADER IS UNLOCKED!!
    2. Reboot into either the latest TWRP/Philz Recovery
    3. Wipe Data, Caches, etc.
    4. Install this Rom (Download Below)
    5. Install PA-Gapps
    6. Wipe caches again (eh, why not?)
    7. Reboot
    8. ???
    9. PROFIT!

Downloads
    AOSPA-Legacy 4.6 Beta 6 (Build date: 11/19/14) --> HERE
    (Check Second Post for Changelog and Experimental Builds!)
    Get your GApps here! --> THREAD

BUGS
    • Google Chrome v39 always starts in floating mode (fix in second post!)
    • I can't seem to get a GPS lock, will definitely look into this
    • Stock Flashlight app doesn't work, anything from the Play Store does though
    • Anything else from CM/PA that's been a problem on this phone
    • You tell me (please!)...

THANKS!
    AOSPA-Legacy -- For the amazing ROM and sources (Github)
    CyanogenMod -- For the kernel sources (Github)
    DreamFX -- For Unofficially/Officially fixing the VA/PA texting issue (NOT RELATED TO THIS ROM! But without this I wouldn't have played with AOSP/CM again!) (Link to fix) :cool:

Lollipop in the works?
    Most definitely! I have attempted to build Lollipop in the past, however I was running into some very interesting errors. I decided to wait a bit to try again because there really wasn't much difference between AOSPA and CM until fairly recently. I've gotten a build to compile last night however and am working on a new build as I type this.

I can't remember, but does AOSPA have the theme engine in it?
    Yes this has the Theme Engine in it! So will Lollipop!! :D

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Thanks for adding me to the thanks list. I really appreciate it. Will try out soon. Thanks for this.