[ROM] [4.4.4] [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 for Ascend Mate 7 (MT7-L09)

Search This thread

Jayz2K

I've been using MK44.4 and decided to try this. When I try to flash, the installation is aborted and it's telling me that my phone is something other than it actually is and refuses to install. WTF?
Reflash CWM recovery provided in the first post and it's fine. Got the same HW60 fail message first. Works like a charm now.

Great ROM !

Reactions: appro77

appro77

May 8, 2011
Mackay
I've installed this. It looks really good but Textdroider seems to be having no effect on DPI. Is there a reason for that? I may have missed it but I can't see any built in DPI changer.

I've been using MK44.4 and decided to try this. When I try to flash, the installation is aborted and it's telling me that my phone is something other than it actually is and refuses to install. WTF?

Yes It happened to me too... Try flash stock recovery than reflash CMW recovery and install CM11... it worked...

Anyway I returned to MK after one day... See my previous post...

AhsanU

Sep 27, 2013
NYC
Alright, so I downloaded this ROM and everything is running smooth! Loving it, thanks!

Last edited:

appro77

May 8, 2011
Mackay
I'm having the same issue with this rom as with MK44.4. Sometimes the Home button is really slow to respond. I'm talking 1 second slow. The Home button is always super fast when I touch it if the app drawer is on the screen but it can be really slow if an open app is on the screen. I don't see this problem on the stock rom or ErykineMT7 v1.1.0. The Home button responds quickly when using the stock rom or ErykineMT7 v1.1.0. It's not a launcher problem either. I've tried several launchers and they are all the same, plus I'm using the same launcher on stock (Nova) as I use with this and MK44.4.

Anybody else seeing this? Major Home button lag really spoils the experience. I prefer AOSP but I've gone back to ErykineMT7 v1.1.0 because of the laggy Home button issue on AOSP. Is there a fix??

kareemgonna

Jun 4, 2012
Alexandria
Camera is working fine? What about calls? BT audio never works?

I've just flashed it last night and everything is running more than fine, except for the BT audio. I want to thank the developer for this magnificent rom, I've already tried all the other CM builds out there and nothing comes close in terms of purity and cleanliness, the only thing that is bugging me is that it doesn't sync the time correctly to my Moto360, there's one hour difference between the watch and the phone and I couldn't figure out how to fix it, the only thing I could do was to set my phone's watch one hour less so that it could sync the right time to my watch, don't know if there's a fix tho. Anyway thanks for the effort and hard work.

netons

Aug 23, 2013
Pachuca
I've just flashed it last night and everything is running more than fine, except for the BT audio. I want to thank the developer for this magnificent rom, I've already tried all the other CM builds out there and nothing comes close in terms of purity and cleanliness, the only thing that is bugging me is that it doesn't sync the time correctly to my Moto360, there's one hour difference between the watch and the phone and I couldn't figure out how to fix it, the only thing I could do was to set my phone's watch one hour less so that it could sync the right time to my watch, don't know if there's a fix tho. Anyway thanks for the effort and hard work.

I'm up to flash this, but calls are really important, calls are ok? and camera?

AhsanU

Sep 27, 2013
NYC
I'm up to flash this, but calls are really important, calls are ok? and camera?
Calls are perfectly fine as I've had no complaints from people I've spoken to over the past week or so. The camera works just fine and I've encountered no forced errors and what not.

The only issue being battery life, as the phone is constantly awake despite it being its screen being off. I'm assuming it's the systemupdater service since most CM ROM's are plagued by it. But here is what I'm experiencing after a very light day of use - not even an hour of screen on time with music being played through an AUX cable as I went to the gym. Running Greenify with Xposed as well. uploadfromtaptalk1431850726723.png

kareemgonna

Jun 4, 2012
Alexandria
The only issue being battery life, as the phone is constantly awake despite it being its screen being off. I'm assuming it's the systemupdater service since most CM ROM's are plagued by it. But here is what I'm experiencing after a very light day of use - not even an hour of screen on time with music being played through an AUX cable as I went to the gym. Running Greenify with Xposed as well. View attachment 3316894

For me battery life is pretty much the same as stock if not better, after 11 hours off the charger with 2 hours of SOT I got 50% left.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-17-20-40-02.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-17-20-40-02.png
    143 KB · Views: 432
  • Screenshot_2015-05-17-20-40-08.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-17-20-40-08.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 428

AhsanU

Sep 27, 2013
NYC
After running a script that blocks the ROM from trying to update, I've gained a significant amount of battery life. I've used my phone much more today with more screen on time but the phone has not been awake as long and as you can see from the screenshot - I've got loads of battery left over. I'll link the post that details what to do tomorrow, but I'm very happy with the battery life now. uploadfromtaptalk1431929738494.png

CCDillon

Feb 10, 2011
So, I read the instructions to revert to stock ROM, but when entering fastboot&rescue mode, the flashing does not start automatically. I have DLOAD with update.app in external. I tried with internal and still nothing happens. Any help?

Do I need to flash the original recovery?

Last edited:
Reactions: drom2k

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.4 (Kitkat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Additonal source code for Ascend Mate 7: https://github.com/Demelza/android_device_huawei_mt7_l09
    Additonal source code for Honor 6: https://github.com/honor6-dev

KNOWN ISSUES
    - Bluetooth audio not properly working

WONTFIX
    - Infrared
    - FMRadio
    - MHL
    - DualSIM support
    - EAP-SIM
    - USSD-Code execution
    - Fingerprint scanner

READ BEFORE FLASHING!
    • These builds are NOT official and will never be!
    • Do not submit bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker

HOW TO INSTALL CM?
    • Unlock your bootloader else flashing via fastboot will be impossible
    • Upgrade your phone to the latest available stock rom (to get latest bootloader and baseband firmware)
    • Download ClockworkMod Recovery for your specific variant
    • Download CyanogenMod for your specific variant
    • Download Google Apps
    • Copy CyanogenMod and Google Apps zips to your external sdcard
    • Flash ClockworkMod Recovery via fastboot. (fastboot flash recovery cwm-mate7_YYYYMMDD.img)
    • Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery
    • Do a Data wipe / Factory reset (This is IMPORTANT!)
    • Flash CyanogenMod zip
    • Flash Google Apps zip
    • Goto "Mounts & Storage" and select "Format /data and /data/media" (This is also IMPORTANT!)
    • Reboot and Enjoy

If you're getting error messages while trying to flash the CyanogenMod zip, THEN FOLLOW THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS.
    Especially the part where it says "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery".
    The ClockworkMod Recovery you've got from somewhere else is FAULTY!!!

WHERE TO GET CM?

Unofficial builds:
    MT7-L09: cm-11-20150410-UNOFFICIAL-mt7_l09.zip - 243 MB

Google Apps:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95832962473395379

Old builds:
    None yet

HOW TO GO BACK TO STOCK ROM?
    • Download B127 stock firmware - 1.26 GB (ONLY FOR L09 !!!)
    • Extract it
    • Copy the Update.app into DLOAD folder on your external sdcard (sdcard1/DLOAD/Update.app)
    • Power off phone
    • Hold all 3 Buttons till "Fastboot & Rescue Mode" appears. Flashing should start automatically.

HOW TO BUILD CM FROM SOURCES?
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60019676&postcount=2

DEAR KANGERS
    If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

Thanks to all contributors, especially codeworkx, without whom this project wouldn't even exist!!!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11 for Ascend Mate 7 (MT7-L09), ROM for the Huawei Ascend Mate 7

Contributors
    Demazda, codeworkx
    Source Code: https://github.com/Demelza/android_device_huawei_mt7_l09

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.0
    Beta Release Date: 2015-04-10

Created 2015-04-10
    Last Updated 2015-04-10
    Oh, okay. I hate the fact that I can't just flash CM on this device and enjoy. It's sad that there is not much development going on for Mate as this device has got some serious potential. And we can only blame Huawei..

Sent from my Huawei Mate 7 5.1.1

Agreed. It is a shame and I'm moving on to the OnePlus 2 soon (currently waiting for it to arrive from China) for that reason alone. I love the hardware but I can't stand the stock ROM, and Huawei are useless at releasing updates, sources in a sensible time frame etc. that I don't want to use this phone for much longer.
    It doesn't work as it fails when you try to flash it.
    Oh, okay. I hate the fact that I can't just flash CM on this device and enjoy. It's sad that there is not much development going on for Mate as this device has got some serious potential. And we can only blame Huawei..

Sent from my Huawei Mate 7 5.1.1
    The Mate is a really brilliant phone but not good for Flashoholics.......I miss a big Custom Rom Community like there was for my previous phones:(
    Reserved

HOW TO BUILD?
    1. Prepare your build environment and get the CM11 sources. Read the official CM wiki if you don't know how.
    2. Add our local manifest
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Demelza/manifests/cm-11.0/local_manifest.xml (goes to .repo/local_manifests/local_manifest.xml)
    3. repo sync -j10
    4. Run following commands to start building:
    Code:
    . build/envsetup.sh
    lunch cm_h60_l01-eng
    brunch cm_h60_l01-eng
    Currenlty supported: cm_h60_l01-eng

Code:
    Yes, h60-l01 is the identifier for Honor 6. The .zip will also be named "cm-11-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-h60_l01.zip" if you build it yourself. But it'll flash and work on Mate 7 too.