• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][4.4.4][Unofficial] OMNI ROM Builds - Honami [2014-11-16]

Search This thread

moritz31

May 30, 2013
i switched back to stock after i closed my beanstalk port.

thinking about switching back to some custom rom, whats about battery / camera and so on ?

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Please see attached screenshot (bottom of the picture) - phone number is shown as "unknown". This is probably a bug..

install xposed and look for an exposed app called sim number changer, this will program your sim with your number, after this it does not matter which rom you use it will always show your number under status.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eagle3386

moritz31

May 30, 2013
Yes, I am. Torch toggle works perfectly, but the app has a bug: if you enable fullscreen and restart the app as requested, there's no way to revert that choice - except by delete deleting the app's data.

Apart from the bug mentioned above, I only noticed a quite warm area in the upper center of the phone's back. But that might be due heavy usage a couple of minutes before my "measurement"..

GPS, however, works perfectly! [emoji41]

I'm only missing some features within the default launcher, but I guess you can't merge what's not written in the Omni base code (e. g. empty homescreen pages or 3 "pages" instead of only 1 in the lower shortcut bar - just like CM does offer both).. :)

Thank you for providing us with the latest and greatest stuff on the planet! ;)
I've the same Problem my phone is always hot and i have a very high battery drain due Android os

Eagle3386

Oct 24, 2010
www.troublezone.net
I don't think that's a bug. Even my official Sony firmware shows my number as "unknown" (not actually sure how to change that but it doesn't bother me in the least bit)
Well, I do remember that it should my number back in the days I used stock.. Either way, it does bother me and a fix is (was) needed.

install xposed and look for an exposed app called sim number changer, this will program your sim with your number, after this it does not matter which rom you use it will always show your number under status.
Thanks a lot for this great suggestion - it worked just like a charm! :D

I've the same Problem my phone is always hot and i have a very high battery drain due Android os
A couple of days have passed and I can confirm, it's not the typical heat which occurs upon heavy WiFi/mobile data and/or heavy CPU usage. Instead, it happens just by long screen usage, e.g. playing Mahjong (which obviously doesn't require much CPU usage ;)). Additionally, this didn't happen with the buggier Honami build from the old thread. Any idea or a possible fix?

Or maybe it's fixed in latest Omni source? @OmarEinea, would you mind building a new one with official upstreams? :)

OmarEinea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
Well, I do remember that it should my number back in the days I used stock.. Either way, it does bother me and a fix is (was) needed.

A couple of days have passed and I can confirm, it's not the typical heat which occurs upon heavy WiFi/mobile data and/or heavy CPU usage. Instead, it happens just by long screen usage, e.g. playing Mahjong (which obviously doesn't require much CPU usage ;)). Additionally, this didn't happen with the buggier Honami build from the old thread. Any idea or a possible fix?

Or maybe it's fixed in latest Omni source? @OmarEinea, would you mind building a new one with official upstreams? :)

I'll build and upload a new build as soon as I get the chance, hopefully they've fixed this problem in their sources.

moritz31

May 30, 2013

i think i found the problem, did you look what drains your batterie ?

For me its like 60% Android OS
and only ~22% Screen

the Android OS has the CPU Time all the day :/ found that this is a bug since 4.0 but didn't find a fix for that

Eagle3386

Oct 24, 2010
www.troublezone.net
I'll build and upload a new build as soon as I get the chance, hopefully they've fixed this problem in their sources.
As always: your dedication is just awesome. Thanks - over and over again! :) :good

i think i found the problem, did you look what drains your batterie ?

For me its like 60% Android OS
and only ~22% Screen

the Android OS has the CPU Time all the day :/ found that this is a bug since 4.0 but didn't find a fix for that
Right now (and since unplugged at 9:00 am), it's 22% Phone, 44% screen, 21% apps and the rest is proportioned among the other components.
Regarding apps, "Android-System" takes 5%, "Kernel (Android OS)" takes 4% and then comes Minuum already..

However, the facts you describe sound like a wakelock..

Aham Prema

Oct 24, 2012
Xperia Z1 C6906 ROOTED on OFFICIAL FW C6906 14.4.A.0.108 from OTA on LOCKED BL

I am already rooted on Xperia Z1 which would be great except I am unable to get rid of the message insufficient space to install apks, which is not the case I have lots of space. I have cleaned the caches. It seems to allow some apps from google play to install but not any backed up ones I have stored on micro sd. I mainly would like to use "APP2SD" and it says that this is "not supported on my device".

So I thought I would try a custom ROM to fix the problem.

I currently have a Xperia Z1 C6906 ROOTED on OFFICIAL FW C6906 14.4.A.0.108 from OTA on LOCKED BOOTLOADER. I will backup the TA Partition today in case I need to Unlock the bootloader.

Can I use this ROM on C6906? OR would another ROM be better for my device? What steps would I need to follow and at what point?

Thanks for any help XDA

OmarEinea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
I am already rooted on Xperia Z1 which would be great except I am unable to get rid of the message insufficient space to install apks, which is not the case I have lots of space. I have cleaned the caches. It seems to allow some apps from google play to install but not any backed up ones I have stored on micro sd. I mainly would like to use "APP2SD" and it says that this is "not supported on my device".

I currently have a Xperia Z1 C6906 ROOTED on OFFICIAL FW C6906 14.4.A.0.108 from OTA on LOCKED BOOTLOADER. I will backup the TA Partition today in case I need to Unlock the bootloader.

Can I use this ROM on C6906? OR would another ROM be better for my device? What steps would I need to follow and at what point?

Thanks for any help XDA

I think it works on C6906 (not 100% sure though), the steps are as mentioned in OP, but you must unlock your device's bootloader first,
Also I have Z1 Comoact not Z1 so I can't give you an advice about what is the best ROM for Z1, you know

abbychauhan

Dec 20, 2013
JAIPUR

Thanks for any help XDA
Use Google search for errors always.. This time i help you.. Check this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2443267

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

turbostefan

Jun 16, 2009
Hi, is there a new version available. I still have the problem that my homescreen is sometimes empty. All widgets are gone.

7sen

Aug 13, 2013
AL KHOBAR

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Honami

Hi guys, this is the development forum for OMNI ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1.

USE THE REVIEW AND BUG REPORT BUTTONS! :highfive:

HOW TO INSTALL THE ROM
    - Make sure you are either on any KitKat ROM (CM11, etc) or on KK Sony based ROM and NOT on 4.3 (or older) Sony based ROM
    - Download the latest build and Gapps and copy them to your device
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Recommended - Full wipe and factory reset
    - Flash ROM
    - Flash Gapps
    - For root acces flash SuperSU
    - Wipe cache, Reboot.
    - Enjoy!

GAPPS

XDA:DevDB Information
    Omni Kitkat - Honami, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
    OmarEinea, humberos
    Source Code: https://github.com/omnirom/

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 4.4.4-20141116
    Stable Release Date: 2014-11-16

Created 2014-07-28
    Last Updated 2014-11-16
    Bugs & Sources & Credits:

Bugs:

• None so far.
    • Any reported bug will be listed here as soon as it gets confirmed.

Sources:

Credits:
    • All Credits goes to OMNI ROM team for their amazing work
    • Big thanks for all teams who had a hand in making this ROM available
    • Special thanks for Jiangyi, I used his sources to build this ROM
    ScreenShots :

73zSERg.png
    6dCy0kt.png
    AdCiQU4.png
    KbbAm4w.png
    73QC3lb.png
    Eu1w4YM.png
    6gUzk88.png
    gUzpr2I.png
    4dM7u0O.png
    d2R0TDF.png
    ifKb3vf.png
    odUAu2Q.png
    OmniROM 4.4.4 build [2014-08-01] is up!!

Changelog:
    - Nothing significant, only upstreaming with official OMNI team changes.

Download Link:
    Download folder in OP or directly from here: omni-4.4.4-20140801-honami-HOMEMADE.zip - 224.4 MB

Next build might take sometime, but it should be a customized version of OMNI :p
    20140815 - Unofficial build

Hi @all

New unofficial build.

What's up... dates?

http://migre.me/l2OQx

The main target is power management. (all patches still in review progress)

Download -> http://goo.gl/2r5EOh

Just enjoy it.