Search This thread

Mike20017

Aug 30, 2012
Xanthi

Rom

Jul 1, 2013
Lyon
Dear Rom,
Lasts builds don't work already, i recommend you to download 4.4.4 11/19/14 release, it work perfect.

I have succefully install this ROM (using ETX4 system file), i have found several interresting options but i have don't find the menu to enable PIE control, can you guide me please ?

I will backup my data to migrate on this ROM :good:

EDIT: How can i remove the 3 lines in top corner ? (See attachment)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-28-11-42-28.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-28-11-42-28.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 673
Last edited:

Mike20017

Aug 30, 2012
Xanthi
you have to try my builds i can't test beacuse i don't own golden. i hope and do my best but need you to test and give me logs

Both of the latest builds you provided get the device stuck at the boot logo. In any case I can't provide a log cat because I don't have my pc available... :(

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Free mobile app

870deans

Feb 12, 2012
install??

Do I need all ext4 file system to flash this 5.0.2 version?? Is this latest build stable ??

lasuazo

Aug 10, 2013
feedback

Downloaded this rom today, 032714 build, doubtful since I saw some negative comments, but anyhow, went for it at the end. Amazing rom so far, I´ve tried cm11, virginityv14, dmod6 very decent roms, but i was never satisfied with the battery life, and they lacked some features i wanted, also 4.1.2 is kind of old already lol, found a great 4.4.2 rom finally i can say im very happy with it! amazing battery life & performance, currently using abbysplug+sio max 1k min 200 MHZ. So far, only had 1 random reboot but i could say was because of me, had almost ALL my apps running more than 20, updating syncing etc... and BT will not activate unless the phone is rebooted, but i never use it anyway so dont care. I can say this can be a promising rom, shame it is not developed anymore, it does have a future, way more stable then other roms, no app have fc´d so far. Thanks! and another thing, just out of curiosity, what theme engine does it have? tried a couple of cm 10.1 themes and worked, but im not sure which ones are actually compatible with it... dont wanna screw up lol

Last edited:

TheForce

Oct 3, 2012
Moto G 2015
more feedback

I don't know the rom-version 032714 your using.
I myself am using since about one month: Vanir-version 4.4.4. from 19th nov. This version is extremely stable, with very good battery life. It's a pity that you can't download this version anymore from the downloadsite (I don't know why not). I've also installed kernel 1N4148 and use 100 - 1000 MHz with governer zzmoove and scheduler zen.
For my connection I use 2G and I have always 3 or 4 stripes of four in the statusbar.
Absolutely no FC.. One thing: my phone can only charge online. I don't know how I can change this - maybe it is not possible.
I've tried quite a few rom's: PAC-rom from tenshi_xp I liked very much but the connectivity is not so good as with Vanir.
But Vanir-2014111914 is by far the most stable till now.

cjlallana

May 17, 2008
I don't know the rom-version 032714 your using.
I myself am using since about one month: Vanir-version 4.4.4. from 19th nov. This version is extremely stable, with very good battery life. It's a pity that you can't download this version anymore from the downloadsite (I don't know why not). I've also installed kernel 1N4148 and use 100 - 1000 MHz with governer zzmoove and scheduler zen.
For my connection I use 2G and I have always 3 or 4 stripes of four in the statusbar.
Absolutely no FC.. One thing: my phone can only charge online. I don't know how I can change this - maybe it is not possible.
I've tried quite a few rom's: PAC-rom from tenshi_xp I liked very much but the connectivity is not so good as with Vanir.
But Vanir-2014111914 is by far the most stable till now.

Your feedback just convinced me to try out this ROM.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to find the download link for the latest stable 4.4.4 anywhere in XDA nor outside the forum.

Also, the link from Vanir's website is not working

Is there any link out there? Could you upload it to somewhere like MEGA? Why did they remove the release from the website?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    toast-bootanimation.gif

Smooth like Butta

Follow on G+: Team Vanir

Vanir Team:
    NuclearMistake
    Sonicxml
    DHO
    PrimeDirective

Not all features are available yet.

Features:

Welcome to VanirAOSP. Our mission is to deliver a clean optimized version of Android with subtly improved versions of the features you love to as many devices as possible. we've tried to incorporate and improve our features in a way that makes them more cohesive to improve the overall user experience while correcting any performance regressions and improving functionality..

What to expect:
    - This is not a McCopy ROM. What goes into our build is well thought-out and not a bunch of stuff duck taped together because we could.
    - maximum optimization. We do our research. We test hard. We build -fstrict -O3 globally and include a massive array of code optimizations and memory leak fixes that we write ourselves and eventually submit to AOSP or Linaro.
    - originality in our source. We generate a lot of new commits being features or general code improvements. We are open source to share and improve the community but we also try to make sure we offer a unique experience.
    - aesthetics.. hopefully in your opinion :p

General features:
    stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
    enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
    custom written CRON and init.d.
    UI and graphics improvements
    custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
    improved notification handling (active display & halo are in review also)
    usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
    animation control
    Improved Vanir keyboard
    CM's profiles & quicksettings
    additional quicksetting tiles
    immersive mode
    statusbar mods
    clock & battery mods
    lockscreen blur and other mods
    soon to come -> quick cam and flash notifications
    busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc
    yatta yatta yatta
    more to come when i feel like updating the op

Changelog:
    **Vanir Open Status

**Vanir Merged Status

Vanir Downloads:

**Nightlies

**LATEST BUILD DO NOT ACCEPT OTA UPDATES OR FLASH NIGHTLIES YET!!!!

Recovery Downloads:

None available yet

Vanir Github:
    **VanirAOSP Git

Gapps:
    **4.4.2 PA Gapps

Installation Instructions
    Make sure your using twrp from maclaw
    Full wipe
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps

Thanks
    TeamVanir
    Meticulus
    Everyone here for keeping me inspired
    Too many to thank. You know who you are who stood by since day 1
    I would like to say that development has stopped. I no longer plan to develop or continue to maintain code for ste devices. I'm moving on and I thank everyone for staying with me. I do not yet plan to discontinue nightlies and I will merge any bug fixes users provide. Again I thank everyone here I enjoyed maintaining this ROM.
    It's simple, I don't need plenty of roms. MaclawStudio was the only one active ( still only one active in my toughts). Nobody did something good, they just compiled the ROM using other source but actually nobody seemed to fix some bug about phone tree, just maclawstudio. I don't need a tearing rom, i'm good with cm11 as it doesn't have problems for me.
    With open source we'LL just allow noobs to post their bugged ROM.
    This is my tought don't blame me but actually we have no developers out there, just builders :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda app-developers app

Surely enough I could fix it if I spent the time doing so. I don't have this device to test on . What's the point of going and doing things to only find out after learning how to fix the problem that it didn't work out. I only built this to give users something nice to use. I rewrote the device tree myself based off of olivers work and my device.

https://github.com/Team-Exhibit/android_device_samsung_golden

https://github.com/Team-Exhibit/android_device_samsung_codinalte

The way this works is golden inherits from my device as a variant. I did this because I don't have time to rewrite the same thing since our devices uses nearly the same thing except kernel. I have no tearing on my device and never had a need to investigate it. All I know is it's in the kernel. Can't blame me for not wanting to investigate the problem easier to just switch kernels. I don't need a bunch of post with changelogs saying fix tearing over and over unless I know I fixed it. There will be a new build later on today with marcin kernel. I won't even claim to fix it just a simple message switched to marcin kernel :)

For now nightlies begin http://www.emccann.net/nuclearmistake/VanirAOSPNightlies/golden/