• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM]4.4 Debloated/Deodexed/XposedProof/Hotspot/2.0

Search This thread

jc.m

Oct 24, 2007
Google Pixel 3 XL
I just received a software update, it did download by it self, I am pretty sure that is not a good idea to install it unless I am wrong.

Attachments

• 1418288624778.jpg
    1418288624778.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 445

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
I just received a software update, it did download by it self, I am pretty sure that is not a good idea to install it unless I am wrong.

If your rooted and have a custom recovery the ota update will not flash. If you're on the stock rom and have only rooted it without flashing the custom recovery then it should flash with the stock recovery. All i know is that you can reroot after installing this new update. Beyond that im not sure of any negative effects other than itson Spyware and the bootstrap which usually isnt good. Im holding b off on the update untill i know more about it.

jc.m

Oct 24, 2007
Google Pixel 3 XL
If your rooted and have a custom recovery the ota update will not flash. If you're on the stock rom and have only rooted it without flashing the custom recovery then it should flash with the stock recovery. All i know is that you can reroot after installing this new update. Beyond that im not sure of any negative effects other than itson Spyware and the bootstrap which usually isnt good. Im holding b off on the update untill i know more about it.

Thank you for the advice, I just wait you guys release a new rom with new sprint updates.

ummkiper

Jun 11, 2009
Denton,TX
I don't see the need for them to update, considering in like 2 months 5.0 will be released.Unless it fixes something

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

My fiance got the update yesterday on her stock phone I didn't notice a difference

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

So here is the list of fixes from the Verizon note 4 ,Sprint should be the same.the main thing is the Gear VR compatibility.

Transparent Amazon Widget
Compatibility with Gear VR
ISIS wallet now changed to Softcard
Updated Galaxy Essential widget
Screen/font color for non-active items have been made more legible
Updated Mobile Hotspot to support Spanish
Fixed an error that prevented access to Security under Settings
Fixed a compatibility issue between Google Drive and the Office viewer
Text can now be selected and copied from any Calendar entry
Fixed email notification issues
Improved Wi-Fi performance
Fixed an error affecting Fingerprint scanning

utbiglall

Feb 28, 2008
I've got a gear VR coming so the update would be nice so I can stay on the rom :) Another question, anyone have any issues with Netflix. I keep getting a -9 error and have tried everything I can think of, wiping caches, uninstalling/reinstalling, ensuring no ad blocker etc. Didn't have this issue on stock/stock rooted?

wgrant

Sep 23, 2011
I've got a gear VR coming so the update would be nice so I can stay on the rom :) Another question, anyone have any issues with Netflix. I keep getting a -9 error and have tried everything I can think of, wiping caches, uninstalling/reinstalling, ensuring no ad blocker etc. Didn't have this issue on stock/stock rooted?
Just checked Netflix, no problems. I babe adaway installed too. When do you get the error so I can try to replicate it?

Joey121215

May 9, 2010
I don't see the need for them to update, considering in like 2 months 5.0 will be released.Unless it fixes something

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

My fiance got the update yesterday on her stock phone I didn't notice a difference

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

So here is the list of fixes from the Verizon note 4 ,Sprint should be the same.the main thing is the Gear VR compatibility.

Transparent Amazon Widget
Compatibility with Gear VR
ISIS wallet now changed to Softcard
Updated Galaxy Essential widget
Screen/font color for non-active items have been made more legible
Updated Mobile Hotspot to support Spanish
Fixed an error that prevented access to Security under Settings
Fixed a compatibility issue between Google Drive and the Office viewer
Text can now be selected and copied from any Calendar entry
Fixed email notification issues
Improved Wi-Fi performance
Fixed an error affecting Fingerprint scanning
Let's not forget that the NK update also improves battery life and reduces lag

wgrant

Sep 23, 2011
I get it always, whether on wifi or lte and have tried multiple wifi locations. I have tried running the network test in Netflix and it never finishes
Not sure what the issue is. I'm running perfectly fine with Netflix. Adaway installed and running, wanam installed and running too. Did you restore data from a backup maybe? Have you tried uninstalling, rebooting too recovery, wiping both cache then reinstalling? Maybe something is lingering after removal.

millerboy3

Feb 3, 2010
Columbia

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Rom] Stock De-bloated & De-Odexed 4.4

Version 2.0 Now Avaliable

This was built from the stock 4.4
    *Stock Kernel
    *ZipAligned
    *No Knox
    *Hotspot Mod included for native hotspot use
    *De-bloated ALL apps that are NOT factory Samsung apps, all the features that come with the Note 4 were left intact
    *Private mode fix included in 2.0
    * Xposed Fix included
    * Includes the latest Gmail 5.0 email app.
    * Removed The annoying setup Wizard
    * CSC mods to remove and clean up the factory settings and Factory Internet browser.
    * Xml edits to improve data connection
    *Removed 99% of itson app
    *Removed a ton of xml crap

( Make a backup if your worried )

ROM Download Link :

DevDigitel 2.0
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/j9ic6ebog08dq9z

*************Add ons*************
    **********Flashable Zips**********

*All Audio Zips*
    Contains: Stock, 90, 95, 100 Gains

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/52vkoruq997n9

*Toggles Without Air Settings*

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t3813b9l3s6ztga/ToggleNoAir.zip

******NOT Flashable Zip*********

Dowload 500+ Hd Walpapers:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/jvvsi9hyc3sacld

PLEASE DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE MY WORK, IF YOU USE IT FOR YOUR OWN BUILD PLEASE GIVE CREDIT WHEN DUE. TONS OF TIME SPENT GIVING THE N4 USERS JUST THIS LITTLE BIT. & HIT THE THANKS BUTTON PLEASE IT KEEPS ME MOTIVATED!!
    FLASH Instructions :

Make a Backup

Wipe the system and Data 3x

Flash the zip provided

Reboot device

First boot will take longer then any other time. Just be patient.

Once booted choose Default home screen.

Done. ENJOY butter smooth 4.4 goodness and thank the devs who made this happen.

ScreenShots:
    This is the private mode fix i was using in my rooted stock ROM, i havent try installinng this rom and tested but so far the fix work for me when i rooted the phone the first time.

Private Mode Fix link:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!Z44GVRZK!tl2tzdH2qutf1M7qLvl79OHNLP5UFa1_TjrtHomZYCw
    Im indirect. . Ive managed stores for them for about 4 years now.. I'm on a advocate program now so i get a new sammy samsung every 6 months its nice to help with new projects here as the phones come out
    Thats suck my n3 on 4g can im selling this phone ****ing sprint or samsung drop a ball on that

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA Free mobile app

Lol.. the s3 does voice and data over 3g but im not going back to it.. just needs to have the software updated to support it.. ive been testing edits out to see if we can get it working withoutthe carrier pushing the updates. .

If your tec savy.. locate system/ect/feature_default and change the volte features from false to true.. there is atleast 2 that need changed and test it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA Free mobile app