[ROM][4.4][KRT16O] LayKat- Pure, Fast and Stable - 17.11.2013 UPDATED!

Search This thread

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
Buddy you where negative and you said this thread needs to be closed! Just be nice man

Sent from nexus4

If you had read the original OP you'd know why.
I wasn't the only one that was negative.
Also it didn't follow XDA rules to posting.

Like I said, think about what you say before you say it. This all happened prior to changes in the OP.

I'm done going back and fourth about something that most people won't be able to see. I'll change my prior comment.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

jordy787

Oct 5, 2012
Federal Way
Where the H/3g signal is on the top right of the status bar there is a white 5 bar triangle that signals the strength of you're 3g / 2g signal. On eclair, Ginger bread , ice and jelly bean there was also 2 tiny arrows that either pointed up or down depending on how you're phone was sending or receiving info over mobile network. On kitkat they have removed it for some reason. And now even with a signal strength indicator I am still unaware weather my phone is communicating with the mobile network.
For example: I loaded the xda app today and it just loads and doesn't start properly. Before I could tell if it was receiving info by way of the arrows and would know it would load.
Now I don't so instead of restarting the app I carry on waiting for network connection and I find it annoying , so I go back to jell bean. If this was on kitkat I would stick with it as it feels smoother and quicker to me.
Hope you understand what I mean.
Thanks again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hey bro the arrows are still here slide the status bar down and then click the grid icon on top right (quick settings) and then there they are hope that helped :D

bladebuddy

Dec 31, 2011
Hey bro the arrows are still here slide the status bar down and then click the grid icon on top right (quick settings) and then there they are hope that helped :D

Yes I have just read that , seems a bit stupid to hide them though. I need to be able to see them from the home page. Where I live in the lake District 3g gets throttled by holiday makers. So even if you have a good signal it doesn't always mean you can use it. The only way I could tell was by seeing if my arrows where constant instead of jumping up and down.
Having to pull down the status bar to check each time is a poor work around. Would much prefer it back on the status bar. Like it has been for 4 years I can remember.
Thanks anyway .

psak

Oct 13, 2010
some elements of the GUI are not in English,
also on the first boot, my usb was plug into a computer, i had a pop-up window during a boot up about usb debugging before the android welcome screen. and that usb debugging window wasn't in English either, so don't have a screenshot of that, but here is an example of some GUI elements not being in english.
i tried to switch global language into something different, yet the USB pull down notification stays in that language.

u_iUgyryvZM90BGNEzOUqLd9gY8bWEeuKzNCDyMFwkcomMK0JS5F4Q=s600

blttalas

Mar 20, 2012
Ankara
some elements of the GUI are not in English,
also on the first boot, my usb was plug into a computer, i had a pop-up window during a boot up about usb debugging before the android welcome screen. and that usb debugging window wasn't in English either, so don't have a screenshot of that, but here is an example of some GUI elements not being in english.
i tried to switch global language into something different, yet the USB pull down notification stays in that language.

u_iUgyryvZM90BGNEzOUqLd9gY8bWEeuKzNCDyMFwkcomMK0JS5F4Q=s600

This is turkish. Complete the setup and set the lang to eng. and reboot.

Reactions: luxcos

xafix.kay

Oct 3, 2011
Shah Alam
Hi.. My always reboot when i open the camera. I wonder why.. I'm not using any custom kernel.. Just this rom.. Huhu :(

converge12

Jul 13, 2008
Hi.. My always reboot when i open the camera. I wonder why.. I'm not using any custom kernel.. Just this rom.. Huhu :(

Reflash

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

This is running great. No issues on my end.

johnwazhere

Mar 12, 2012
seattle
So when I first flashed the ROM (coming from the Nexus 5 Port) I flashed W97C27MO97.zip to enable LTE as it worked from the ROM before and it worked flawlessly just that I switched to 2g for a better reception to make a call and I tried to switch back to LTE after but there is no option in the settings menu, just would be nice if the op added that option there

blttalas

Mar 20, 2012
Ankara
So when I first flashed the ROM (coming from the Nexus 5 Port) I flashed W97C27MO97.zip to enable LTE as it worked from the ROM before and it worked flawlessly just that I switched to 2g for a better reception to make a call and I tried to switch back to LTE after but there is no option in the settings menu, just would be nice if the op added that option there

I'll try to add this weekend

psak

Oct 13, 2010
Could you please go into details about YouTube fix, is there a way to fix YouTube buffering for other ROMs, like a flashable zip we can apply
Thank you in advance!!

blttalas

Mar 20, 2012
Ankara
Are you working on an upgrade? I'm using your rom but I would like to have the last factory image and ART working.

Thank you! ;)

Art is not working because rom is deodexed. And my exams are started so i cant update the rom until the exams finish

Reactions: luxcos

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LayKat - Feel The Difference

Screenshot is attached

Features:

-Based on 4.4 KRT16O factory image
    -GEL launcher
    -Updated news&weather app
    -Transparent nav &statusbar
    -Pure
    -Fast
    -Stable
    -Removed bloats
    -Smooth
    -Deodexed
    -Busyboxed
    -Rooted
    -init.d folder
    -Battery percentage
    -Advanced power menu
    -build.prop tweaks
    -increased batt life
    -Increased network speed
    -A bit themed
    -Youtube constant buffering fix

Changelog:

-Updated news&weather
    -Added youtubefix
    -Removed aosp launcher changed to GEL
    -Transparent navbar&statusbar in lockscreen
    -Reduced rom size a bit

Bugs:

- ART not working

Download:

- 16.11.13 -> Download
    - 17.11.13 -> Download

Thanks to:

-cargobr151
    -bamsbamx
    -Floydfire
    Best thread ever...

Updated

New version ! - 17.11.13
    Today ill update the rom

changes
    added youtubefix
    added GEL
    updated news&weather
    transparent statusbar & navbar ( maybe )
    minor bug fixes
    remove more bloats

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
    Sorry to all for bad op
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone