[ROM] [4.4] [NIGHTLY] CyanogenMod 11 for Nexus 5

Search This thread

kfheaven

Dec 5, 2010
2i8b.jpg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

#include
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What are Nightly builds? Auto compiled builds of the latest CyanogenMod source from github. This version change each night and aren't officialy supported. If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 11.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
Download the zip(s).
Optional: adb backup
Fastboot oem unlock > fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.
Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
Flash CyanogenMod.
Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Downloads

Latest build: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=hammerhead

Google Apps: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

Changelog
A rough changelog is available here:
http://www.cmxlog.com/11/hammerhead/ or http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/hammerhead/next

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Last edited:

smarki

Feb 25, 2011
I'm having problems with Google Music- it sometimes make short pauses. You can reproduce it by playing a song, then pressing pause and then play again. It plays the song for about a second, then stops the music for a few seconds and then displays a music playback error message. Any idea how to fix this?

Bluewall

Apr 7, 2010
Sion
fr.miui.ch
Why is the kernel tweaked to interactive and not going under 1 gHz or something? Never goes to 300 mHz no matter what?

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Phateless

shockem

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2010
Singapore
I believe Bluewall is right. This is an issue that has existed for a long time.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2i8b.jpg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

#include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What are Nightly builds? Auto compiled builds of the latest CyanogenMod source from github. This version change each night and aren't officialy supported. If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 11.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s).
    Optional: adb backup
    Fastboot oem unlock > fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.
    Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    Flash CyanogenMod.
    Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Downloads

Latest build: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=hammerhead

Google Apps: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

Changelog
    A rough changelog is available here:
    http://www.cmxlog.com/11/hammerhead/ or http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/hammerhead/next

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************
    Update inofficial build #18
    Built with CMs audio-caf (again), enable offloaded post processing effects bundle (cpu sleeps even with eq, bass boost etc. enabled), readd AudioFX equalizer app (sometimes takes two attempts to hook into the music stream, this appears to be an issue on bacon as well, will probably be fixed once it's open sourced), music sound is awesome, camcorder stereo sound is nice and with much less static than L's cam

If this works, I will do my best to get our plain CAF HALs and make it a nightly. If you feel like discussing, do whatever you like...
    CM L first build. For root access, use SuperSU and (only once) a kernel with permissive SELinux rules. This will now be my daily driver, 11.0 is more or less a thing of the past now.

cm-12-20141109-UNOFFICIAL-L-hammerhead.zip

The kernel lacks the not-yet-pushed LGE IRQ patch that stopped the relase, so battery might be bad. Display gamma is there with full compatibility plus other important patches.
    There is a history of repeated blatant lack of respect for basic rules, such as not keeping original authorship, inapropriate wording and intended offenses. I cannot go into details without appearing as a disgruntled elitist prick to somebody that lacks more background info. Read through each and every single one of my postings here and anywhere else to understand that I never talk out of my butt.

My share in the drama is naitivity about the traps of making a release ready for CM nightlies. Stupid me, I underestimated the hours it takes to finalize the details. But that's about it.

With Sultan's awesome "**** the rules" attitude, we would have been ready at least one month ago. And now, just an inch before calling it "stable", even by the highest CM standards, everything just stops.

In my job, I usually do 10-15% overtime because our business is flying. Then there is a family with wonderful kids who want to see their daddy. So basically the available timespan starts at around 10pm when the day is done and I exchanged the news with my wife. I rarely get more than 4 hs of sleep before real life is calling me again. Honestly, I love it like that. This is how most of the CM staff lives, I guess.

There was a point when it became obvious that a) there appear to be flaws in CM repos that cause really bad errors (3 nasty ones from the known-bugs-list), b) nobody at CM appears to care and c) the regular nightlies are in such a bad state that I'm taking too much fire than I could handle. That was when I stopped updating github because the total number of available options and their pros and cons make it impossible to keep commit history appropriate for eventual nightly releases. That's just 10 or so days ago, actually...

In this situation, I took the consequences exactly the way I described so time ago as I smelled it might come the way it came. See paragraph one, I always stand by my word. I can't comply with xda's rules without breaking my owns. I don't take unfounded accusations and threats, especially not with the above described history. 6 more hours of waiting until I got home from work at 9:30 pm yesterday would have probably saved everyone from this crap here.

Hopefully somebody will take care for hammerhead. After yesterday's hilarious news from Google there is a bright future for our device. Or maybe several wonders happen at CM, that'd be fantastic.
    Unofficial update with fixed wireless charging, fixed voice messaging in Whatsapp, improved camera with hardware sound encoding, USB over OTG, Google's HDR cam broke by accident and is now ok again, lower system base load plus all the latest CM stuff. Had to switch hosting as you killed my Drive.