[ROM][4.4] Official OmniROM Nightlies for N8000/N8010/N8013

Search This thread

iofthestorm

Nov 1, 2010
San Diego

About OmniROM
The goal of Omni is to experiment with Android development because we enjoy it. Omni isn’t better, just different. It’s another option for the billion Android users out there. Android (vs. iOS and every other mobile OS) has thrived on options as well as the gigantic, talented development community that has emerged to build those options. That’s the beauty of Android – that you can pick and choose from a smorgasbord of devices with varying features and functionality.

Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer applies, your warranty is void, this may eat your dog or burn your house down, delete all your pictures, etc.

Instructions

0. You need a recovery that supports SELinux. I'm told that recent versions of CWM support it, but I haven't tried them myself. The best option is the official TWRP 2.7.0.0 release (other recoveries may not be compatible with OpenDelta updates for nightlies).

If you want to flash my recovery, download the recovery.img and flash it using ODIN or Mobile ODIN. You can also use Recovery Tools to flash it from your device

1. Flash the ROM.

2. Flash SuperSU if you want root (it's not yet included in the ROM). I have not tried any other Superuser apps but SuperSU is supposed to be incorporated into Omni eventually. Important: you may need to install a backup script using SuperSU to persist it across flashes - see the settings in SuperSU for that.

3. Flash Kitkat/4.4 compatible Gapps (PA has some that work with this ROM).

1-3 can be queued in TWRP.

4. If coming from a different ROM wipe data/factory reset, otherwise you probably won't boot

Downloads
TWRP 2.7.0.0 official builds are here.
TWRP 2.6.3.1 (unofficial version; the 4th digit is basically just for device specific changes). Use Flashify, Mobile Odin, or Recovery Tools to flash .img files.
twrp-2.6.3.1-n8000.img
twrp-2.6.3.1-n8013.img
ODIN flashable tars:
twrp-2.6.3.1-n8000.tar.md5
twrp-2.6.3.1-n8013.tar.md5
You must flash this (or other 4.4 compatible recovery) if you're on the official TWRP 2.6.3.0 or other outdated recoveries, if you get an error about set_metadata_recursive when flashing

N8000 Nightlies
N801x Nightlies

Changelog

N8000
N801x

Sources
Device trees:

android_device_samsung_n80xx-common
android_device_samsung_n8000
android_device_samsung_n801x

Thanks, and have a nice day!

XDA:DevDB Information
OmniROM, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors
iofthestorm, marco9333, TheMorpheus, humberos, Entropy512, espenfjo
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-03-01
Last Updated 2014-04-05

iofthestorm

Nov 1, 2010
San Diego
FAQs

Where can I report bugs?

http://jira.omnirom.org/ - be sure to assign them to me, Ibrahim Awwal, if they're device specific.

Where is multiwindow?

Multiwindow is still a work in progress, if you want to try it out you'll have to use my unofficial builds from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2550308

I can't flash the ROM, I get an error about set_metadata_recursive

Make sure you are using an up-to-date recovery, see the OP for a link to my recovery builds.

Last edited:

avruma

Oct 5, 2010
Hi,
Thanks again for the great ROM. I was wondering if maybe you can add a section here of flashable zips for some possible cherry picks like multi window. This way we can get night lies but also get the latest and greatest. TIA.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

iofthestorm

Nov 1, 2010
San Diego
Hi,
Thanks again for the great ROM. I was wondering if maybe you can add a section here of flashable zips for some possible cherry picks like multi window. This way we can get night lies but also get the latest and greatest. TIA.

Hmm, it's not really possible to do that for frameworks changes like that. I think if there is an xposed module or something for Multiwindow then that may work but I don't know if such a thing exists or if it could actually be done (but that's more likely to work than a flashable zip).

claytonjn

Nov 3, 2011
claytonjamesphotography.webs.com
Hi,

Hmm, it's not really possible to do that for frameworks changes like that. I think if there is an xposed module or something for Multiwindow then that may work but I don't know if such a thing exists or if it could actually be done (but that's more likely to work than a flashable zip).

XMultiWindow

sully112277

Nov 13, 2010
Worcester Mass
Just flashed the latest 8013 build and for some reason my bookmarks wont sync in browser or chrome. Hmmmm... Strange.

electrikjesus

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I noticed that sometimes the back arrow on the bottom bar sometimes goes dim. Does anyone know why it does that or how to make it stop? It's starting to mess with my OCD...

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

I also wanted to suggest a temporary solution for MultiWindow on the nightlies. I have been using the latest XHaloFloatingWindow KitKat test build, and it works great once you get all the settings right. It's an Xposed mod, so you will have to have that installed and enabled for it to work. Check out the XDA page for that build

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2419287

Reactions: phubarr

iofthestorm

Nov 1, 2010
San Diego
Huh, I've noticed that too, I just thought I was going crazy. Not sure why it happens but I feel like it started around the time navbar customization was added, so I should look near that time period. If you can get a screenshot and logcat when it happens could you post it on JIRA? That way we can try to figure out if it's a common bug (check whether it'd already been reported of course).

tabtxk

Mar 2, 2013
Does anyone know if I can assign OpenDelta to flash a second or third .zip after updating? You know, for SU :)

yes you can... check out FlashAfterUpdate -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2575966 ... i think thats what your looking for.
its a folder in /sdcard/OpenDelta/ and you can place zips there ... see link for templates.
but for supersu you just need to let it install backup-script from inside supersu...

edit: oops, late :)

Yes, and OpenDelta works great!!

lucky n8000 users ;) ... since the n8000 went nightly the n801x somehow stopped...no nightlies yesterday and today. Might just be a coincidence, a few other devices also stopped on 7th...

edit2: nightlies up again for n801x

Last edited:
Reactions: iofthestorm

iofthestorm

Nov 1, 2010
San Diego
yes you can... check out FlashAfterUpdate -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2575966 ... i think thats what your looking for.
its a folder in /sdcard/OpenDelta/ and you can place zips there ... see link for templates.
but for supersu you just need to let it install backup-script from inside supersu...

edit: oops, late :)

lucky n8000 users ;) ... since the n8000 went nightly the n801x somehow stopped...no nightlies yesterday and today. Might just be a coincidence, a few other devices also stopped on 7th...

edit2: nightlies up again for n801x

I think there was an issue with the build server, but it was fixed.

Reactions: jeremiahEJ54

cavalloz

Jan 31, 2008
Works great but I think I don't have root access (supersu is not able to install binary), any help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

About OmniROM
    The goal of Omni is to experiment with Android development because we enjoy it. Omni isn’t better, just different. It’s another option for the billion Android users out there. Android (vs. iOS and every other mobile OS) has thrived on options as well as the gigantic, talented development community that has emerged to build those options. That’s the beauty of Android – that you can pick and choose from a smorgasbord of devices with varying features and functionality.

Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer applies, your warranty is void, this may eat your dog or burn your house down, delete all your pictures, etc.

Instructions

0. You need a recovery that supports SELinux. I'm told that recent versions of CWM support it, but I haven't tried them myself. The best option is the official TWRP 2.7.0.0 release (other recoveries may not be compatible with OpenDelta updates for nightlies).

If you want to flash my recovery, download the recovery.img and flash it using ODIN or Mobile ODIN. You can also use Recovery Tools to flash it from your device

1. Flash the ROM.

2. Flash SuperSU if you want root (it's not yet included in the ROM). I have not tried any other Superuser apps but SuperSU is supposed to be incorporated into Omni eventually. Important: you may need to install a backup script using SuperSU to persist it across flashes - see the settings in SuperSU for that.

3. Flash Kitkat/4.4 compatible Gapps (PA has some that work with this ROM).

1-3 can be queued in TWRP.

4. If coming from a different ROM wipe data/factory reset, otherwise you probably won't boot

Downloads
    TWRP 2.7.0.0 official builds are here.
    TWRP 2.6.3.1 (unofficial version; the 4th digit is basically just for device specific changes). Use Flashify, Mobile Odin, or Recovery Tools to flash .img files.
    twrp-2.6.3.1-n8000.img
    twrp-2.6.3.1-n8013.img
    ODIN flashable tars:
    twrp-2.6.3.1-n8000.tar.md5
    twrp-2.6.3.1-n8013.tar.md5
    You must flash this (or other 4.4 compatible recovery) if you're on the official TWRP 2.6.3.0 or other outdated recoveries, if you get an error about set_metadata_recursive when flashing

N8000 Nightlies
    N801x Nightlies

Changelog

N8000
    N801x

Sources
    Device trees:

android_device_samsung_n80xx-common
    android_device_samsung_n8000
    android_device_samsung_n801x

Thanks, and have a nice day!

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniROM, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors
    iofthestorm, marco9333, TheMorpheus, humberos, Entropy512, espenfjo
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-03-01
    Last Updated 2014-04-05
    Fix for youtube, hd videos and camera recording
    I've finally managed to make a fix. Just flash it in recovery, no need to wipe anything. Please report if you find other problems.
    Download link for all n80xx devices https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655047552
    I think I've resolved our youtube and video problems
    Using kitkat bootloader and kitkat blobs

Before:
    Trying to record an HD video
    Logcat:
    Code:
    I/MFC_ENC_APP( 1862): [SsbSipMfcEncOpen] MFC Library Ver 1.00
    E/MFC_ENC_APP( 1862): SsbSipMfcEncOpen] MFC device node not exists
    Dmesg:
    Code:
    <3>[    2.250183] c0 failed to init. MFC memory manager
    And video recording just doesn't start

After:
    Logcat:
    Code:
    I/MFC_ENC_APP( 1869): [SsbSipMfcEncOpen] MFC Library Ver 1.00
    I/MFC_ENC_APP( 1869): SsbSipMfcEncInit] Encode Init start
    I/MFC_ENC_APP( 1869): SsbSipMfcEncInit] H264 Encode
    Dmesg:
    Code:
    <6>[    2.220441] c1 MFC(Multi Function Codec - FIMV v5.x) registered successfully
    <6>[    9.654496] c2 MFC F/W loaded successfully (size: 376448)
    Recording and playing video is fine
    Hd video decoding is working too

I'm making a flashable zip for the people who want to try it, before putting the fix on gerrit and made it official. I've tested on a n8000 so I need someone with a n801x :D
    As always use these at your own risk
    N8000: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001602103
    N801x: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001602102

Edit: I've uploaded a new version, if the old one isn't working try this, I've changed download links

Edit: I've send the required commits at gerrit, waiting for approval
    I've started to port android L omnirom to our tablets :D
    For now it boots... radio is broken(something wrong with RIL I think) so no wifi and sim, camera isn't working, audio is working well (and loud). It will be a long way. I haven't tested all yet (I need a working tablet tomorrow during my lessons). Some parts are still broken in other repos as well (I had to edit installing script by hand to make it working).
    See screenshots (screen is actually working but the images are not rendered as they should so the black lines in the screenshots)
    If particular feature is not supported by our device, then i think it shouldn't be in the settings #justsaying

Right now we're being lazy and using the same Advanced Settings app as the GS3 family, but Marco was working on having our own version with irrelevant settings removed. In theory we probably could just check and disable settings at runtime but that might be harder.

Personally right now I don't have much time to work on this, and when I do have time I will probably focus on keyboard dock since I'm the only developer with it. But at least overall feature development should keep going independently of device specific stuff so you guys don't have to worry too much if us maintainers are busy for a while.