[ROM][4.4] SlimKat -d800 [RC Builds] [2-3-14]

Search This thread

raikol

Feb 11, 2011
Duluth
Its kind of random. It doesn't have to be any certain length and its not always at the same intervals. I so far haven't noticed it, but I haven't made too many phone calls yet.

The clicking happened for me in CM 11 also. Random, but usually in the first 30 seconds of the call.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

lucas.scott

Mar 10, 2009
Nashville, TN
This is by far the best performing rom for the d800..and I'm pretty sure I've tried them all at this point. Excellent work. Android has never been this smooth.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lucas.scott

Mar 10, 2009
Nashville, TN
It's about as perfect as it gets. Bluetooth and NFC are fine. I got about 18hrs of battery yesterday of normal usage. Includes two hours of music streaming. I can't stress enough how smooth it is. I was disappointed trying a lot of roms since I have even away from Android for a while and using Windows Phone. The fluidity wasnt even close. But this rom is silly smooth.

ossito2012

Jan 26, 2012
Rogers Park
It's about as perfect as it gets. Bluetooth and NFC are fine. I got about 18hrs of battery yesterday of normal usage. Includes two hours of music streaming. I can't stress enough how smooth it is. I was disappointed trying a lot of roms since I have even away from Android for a while and using Windows Phone. The fluidity wasnt even close. But this rom is silly smooth.

18hrs? wow you lost a lot of battery time compared to the 4.2.2 ROMs, have you been able to find out why such short battery time, what about the volume, is it loud compared to stock? I tried some of the 4.4 ROMs from CM and PA but too many issues still.

kennonk

18hrs? wow you lost a lot of battery time compared to the 4.2.2 ROMs, have you been able to find out why such short battery time, what about the volume, is it loud compared to stock? I tried some of the 4.4 ROMs from CM and PA but too many issues still.

I'm not sure how you could know if 18 hours was good or not...Besides streaming 2 hours of music, he doesn't mention what else he was doing but what if 12 hours of that is screen on time? As someone who has used both stock based 4.2.2 roms and slimkat 4.4 I find the battery life to be nearly identical for how I use my phone. In my experience, if he is only getting 18 hours from 100% to zero percent he either has the screen on constantly or there is something wrong with his battery. But from the few details he posts to make the assumption that this is some kind of battery test for 4.4 kit kat roms in general is kind of silly.

For instance, this morning I have been off charger for a little over 7 hours. I'm using Slimkat 2.3, my screen on time is 40 mins. I have been on phone calls for about 20 mins. I was wifi tethering for about 5 mins, I've sent and received 10 SMS and checked my email about a dozen times, my battery is at 94%. For me that is as good as it gets on stock based like Aeon. And I do not do anything special to adjust battery use on my phone. Bluetooth, wifi, NFC (Not GPS) etc are all on 100% of the time. So lets not draw any conclusions about an entire android build on the comments of one post and give someone a negative impression of a ROM in it's own development forum

Thanks! :)

Reactions: ossito2012

jellybear456

Feb 17, 2011
I'm not sure how you could know if 18 hours was good or not...Besides streaming 2 hours of music, he doesn't mention what else he was doing but what if 12 hours of that is screen on time? As someone who has used both stock based 4.2.2 roms and slimkat 4.4 I find the battery life to be nearly identical for how I use my phone. In my experience, if he is only getting 18 hours from 100% to zero percent he either has the screen on constantly or there is something wrong with his battery. But from the few details he posts to make the assumption that this is some kind of battery test for 4.4 kit kat roms in general is kind of silly.

For instance, this morning I have been off charger for a little over 7 hours. I'm using Slimkat 2.3, my screen on time is 40 mins. I have been on phone calls for about 20 mins. I was wifi tethering for about 5 mins, I've sent and received 10 SMS and checked my email about a dozen times, my battery is at 94%. For me that is as good as it gets on stock based like Aeon. And I do not do anything special to adjust battery use on my phone. Bluetooth, wifi, NFC (Not GPS) etc are all on 100% of the time. So lets not draw any conclusions about an entire android build on the comments of one post and give someone a negative impression of a ROM in it's own development forum

18 hours doesn't sound too good but he may have had a huge screen on time. Usually I have NFC, Bluetooth, and GPS/location off unless I use it. But your experience sounds great. Based off of what you said, i would get pretty great battery life. Just looking for a more stable 4.4 ROM :)

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

lucas.scott

Mar 10, 2009
Nashville, TN
18 hours doesn't sound too good but he may have had a huge screen on time. Usually I have NFC, Bluetooth, and GPS/location off unless I use it. But your experience sounds great. Based off of what you said, i would get pretty great battery life. Just looking for a more stable 4.4 ROM :)

I use my phone a good bit.. but not constantly since I am at work or going to or from work 12 hrs a day. I suppose Im in the minority here, but I think 18hrs is very good. Enough to get me through my work day and home and use it when i need it until its time to sleep and do it all over. Although I will say that I wasnt at 0% after 18hrs, Probably 20%. I suppose I cannot see the benefit of trying to stretch to 25-30hrs.. since I will certainly have opportunities (like sleep) to charge my phone before then.

What Im trying to say is I am quite pleased with it. When I had my 1520, I could get 30hrs.. but that just meant it died at a poor time because i got in the habit of not charging at night.

I guess I'm easy... If I get 12hrs I'm happy haha :D

ossito2012

Jan 26, 2012
Rogers Park
...from the few details he posts to make the assumption that this is some kind of battery test for 4.4 kit kat roms in general is kind of silly.

... So lets not draw any conclusions about an entire android build on the comments of one post and give someone a negative impression of a ROM in it's own development forum

My bad I should have sent PM, was looking for a reply from whom I asked. Was just curious about ROM as I would not mine flashing (I already rock it on my Nexus 7), definitely did not mean to offend you or your choice of ROM. Was not trying to be silly, assuming, or flame a negative impression of ROM. Have a nice day.

bps119

Jul 26, 2009
Louisville
The clicking happened for me in CM 11 also. Random, but usually in the first 30 seconds of the call.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Okay, so after discussing it with the guys in the mahdi thread (they are also experiencing it), it's been determined that the sound is the same sound that plays when you unlock your phone. It makes me wonder if the phone thinks that it's inactive so it times out and locks but realizes that it is in a call and unlocks itself. Anyone know if a sound would show in a log?

Huskehn

Dec 20, 2010
I'm finding RC1 to be very unstable... but I also dropped my phone in the toilet recently. I'm going to go back to stock and see if the phone continues to be unstable. How's everyone else's experience with RC1? I love how far SlimKat is coming along.

unscrew

Nov 22, 2010
I'm on rc3 right now and it is very stable.

I was on slims website earlier and it they announced "stable" versions of KitKat for a list of devices, except the G2 (all variants).

Just curious why that is.....

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

FPITAS

Jan 31, 2014
I have a few concrete questions...

1) When can we expect a stable release for the LG G2 D802 International version?

2) Seeing that the G2 is such a powerful machine, how much of a difference in speed one should expect from this ROM?

3) How stable is it?

4) What promise(s) do we have that their security (namely, the privacy guard) is as trust worthy as the original CyanogenMod one?

5) to what degree you can control the animation speed? I understand it comes with Nova as its default launcher (awesome!) but I wasn't clear if you can also terminate all animation through the OP itself without suffering known problems such as issues with automatic updating scrolling in Hangouts, etc.

6) Can we expect it to be updated, regularly, in the future like CM or is it just another try-it-and-throw-it ROM?

7) to what degree we can control bloatware?

8) what do we lose when switching to a "slim" ROM?

Thanks!

bps119

Jul 26, 2009
Louisville
I have a few concrete questions...

1) When can we expect a stable release for the LG G2 D802 International version?

2) Seeing that the G2 is such a powerful machine, how much of a difference in speed one should expect from this ROM?

3) How stable is it?

4) What promise(s) do we have that their security (namely, the privacy guard) is as trust worthy as the original CyanogenMod one?

5) to what degree you can control the animation speed? I understand it comes with Nova as its default launcher (awesome!) but I wasn't clear if you can also terminate all animation through the OP itself without suffering known problems such as issues with automatic updating scrolling in Hangouts, etc.

6) Can we expect it to be updated, regularly, in the future like CM or is it just another try-it-and-throw-it ROM?

7) to what degree we can control bloatware?

8) what do we lose when switching to a "slim" ROM?

Thanks!

1) no eta's and this is the d800 thread, not for 802

2) Difference in speed from what exactly? The ROM is fast, try it and see for yourself.

3) very stable in my experience. As much, of not more than all other roms for d800.

4) The slim team owes you nothing. Promises aren't required. When you flash a rom provided to you free of charge you take all risk and responsibilities that it may, in fact, eat your first born child. That said, in my experience it works the same as cm's privacy guard. The slim team is well known, well respected, and from what I can tell, good guys. They aren't out to get you. I mean, they post this on XDA. If there was something nefarious behind it, don't you think that one of the users would have found it by now?

5) animations can be adjusted through nova settings, developer options (once unlocked), and through listview animations settings.

6) SlimKAT is updated and released on a weekly basis in much the same way that cm releases nightlies. The weeklies are considered unstable in the devs eyes, but generally contain very few bugs, if any. There is no schedule for rc's or stable releases. They release them when they feel they are ready. Simple as that

7) you can remove anything you want through slim center or through a root explorer. This is an aosp rom though, the only things I'd consider bloatware are the irc app, and Google apps I don't use personally. Really though, no bloat.

8) you lose CIQ, a metric crap ton of battery drain from the stock at&t apps always spying on you, any carrier related apps, and stock features you find on the device when sent from the factory. Knock knock has been retained, and most other stock lg apps can be located for use through a search of XDA.

Finally, this thread is for d800 and is partly depreciated since the release of slim for other variants. For future reference, see here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2608271

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.
    Some hints:

1. Be sure you are on latest CWM or TWRP recovery!!!!!!

2. Not all gapps packages right now are nice working. You can try others but at least I know that the one linked here is working. If you have other gapps which are working you can link it here of course

3. Full wipe when coming from any 4.3 or 4.4 rom (as well format system manually please)

Download:

ROM:

http://slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/995-d800

Gapps:

please only use our gapps for now

http://slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/978-addons4-4/downloads

Thanks to:
    arcardinal
    houstonn
    Thanks for your work. I used SlimBean for 9 months on N4 and it's my favorite Rom. Is it coming to D802 (International Version).? Thanks.

Soon.

Do you have a link?

http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/197

EDIT: this version does indeed fix the cache wipe time. only taking about 10 seconds at most on my g2 with the default wipe mode.
    Good work @gmillz and slimroms ... told you we'll have it up by today :)