[ROM][4.4] SlimKat -d800 [RC Builds] [2-3-14]

Search This thread

street.basketball

Dec 14, 2012
Germantowns, MD
I'm downloading this rom, bc Cyanogenmod still Nightlies, and some another rom isn't stable now so........ :) I hope this RC rom stable for me :)

---------- Post added at 06:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 AM ----------

how can i download GAPP? the link in #2 is login form

bps119

Jul 26, 2009
Louisville
Camera is now good like camera on stock, pie is good but it doesnt have knock knock(off) :(, unknow issue in gg now
and how can i turn on LED notification

Knock knock is there, but you have to turn it on in settings. It'll only work on the status bar though. As a workaround, you can download screen off and lock from the posterity and assign a gesture to the app from within your launcher settings. You may have to have the pro version of your launcher though.

LED notifications are there as well. You may have to change them from custom duration to normal though. See photos for reference.

Don't know what you meant by "unknown issue in gg now," but if you're having an issue with Google now, just clear the app data for the search app and reboot. Should fix you right up.
qase5ega.jpg
9ybuny4u.jpg

Reactions: street.basketball

FPITAS

Jan 31, 2014
1) no eta's and this is the d800 thread, not for 802

2) Difference in speed from what exactly? The ROM is fast, try it and see for yourself.

3) very stable in my experience. As much, of not more than all other roms for d800.

4) The slim team owes you nothing. Promises aren't required. When you flash a rom provided to you free of charge you take all risk and responsibilities that it may, in fact, eat your first born child. That said, in my experience it works the same as cm's privacy guard. The slim team is well known, well respected, and from what I can tell, good guys. They aren't out to get you. I mean, they post this on XDA. If there was something nefarious behind it, don't you think that one of the users would have found it by now?

5) animations can be adjusted through nova settings, developer options (once unlocked), and through listview animations settings.

6) SlimKAT is updated and released on a weekly basis in much the same way that cm releases nightlies. The weeklies are considered unstable in the devs eyes, but generally contain very few bugs, if any. There is no schedule for rc's or stable releases. They release them when they feel they are ready. Simple as that

7) you can remove anything you want through slim center or through a root explorer. This is an aosp rom though, the only things I'd consider bloatware are the irc app, and Google apps I don't use personally. Really though, no bloat.

8) you lose CIQ, a metric crap ton of battery drain from the stock at&t apps always spying on you, any carrier related apps, and stock features you find on the device when sent from the factory. Knock knock has been retained, and most other stock lg apps can be located for use through a search of XDA.

Finally, this thread is for d800 and is partly depreciated since the release of slim for other variants. For future reference, see here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2608271

Ah...
This is what happens when you have 15 open tabs and you post late at night.
Sorry for that but thank you very very much for actually answering all the questions!

street.basketball

Dec 14, 2012
Germantowns, MD
MY guru battery still in learning mode but battery is really goooooooood. Icons is too big with GG launcher and too small with nova laucher, but I can change it in setting. Really smooth. small navigation bar make everything smaller ( except icons on GG launcher ) and I feel my screen bigger :victory:

Last edited:

r1nstang

Jun 10, 2010
switched over to this ROM. Had to update TWRP to 2.7 for it to flash. Flashed fine, but didnt have root, even after flashing the SU.zip went to revert to my backup of 4.2 and now its constantly in a bootloop. it boots up to the homescreen, optimized all 117 apps, then aminute later it reboots...and then it reboots agian and again. tried multiple times wiping data/cache, and everything. any ideas?

bps119

Jul 26, 2009
Louisville
switched over to this ROM. Had to update TWRP to 2.7 for it to flash. Flashed fine, but didnt have root, even after flashing the SU.zip went to revert to my backup of 4.2 and now its constantly in a bootloop. it boots up to the homescreen, optimized all 117 apps, then aminute later it reboots...and then it reboots agian and again. tried multiple times wiping data/cache, and everything. any ideas?

You have to turn root on in developer settings. Change it to apps or apps and adb and you'll be good to go.
some said they had issues restoring backups with 2.7 if they were made with an earlier version. Just boot into recovery with the button combo and flash a rom.

r1nstang

Jun 10, 2010
You have to turn root on in developer settings. Change it to apps or apps and adb and you'll be good to go.
some said they had issues restoring backups with 2.7 if they were made with an earlier version. Just boot into recovery with the button combo and flash a rom.

i ended up flashing slimkat again and seen the post in the op about root. got it sorted. have been reading thru too many ROM threads trying to find one I wanted to try next with most of them saying to flash SU.zip all sorted out now.
as for the backup. when i do the restore it restored the older TWRP also...but still freaked out on restore. no worries though been running SlimKat since about 3pm yesterday with no issues at all. amazing ROM! kinda wish i could change the DPI though...everything seems so small. looked on the thread and went to general settings but has nothing for DPI.

Yet another question. anyone had any luck getting Jishnus camera mod working on this ROM? I tried the apk files he has for 4.4 says it installed, reboot and no change. extracted the APK for the camera copied to system/app reboot. opened camera and it was only using little more than half the screen. then it would force close once you touch a button.

is Slimkat stock based or CM based?

Last edited:

abteer

Dec 24, 2007
Florence, KY
Google Pixel 6
i ended up flashing slimkat again and seen the post in the op about root. got it sorted. have been reading thru too many ROM threads trying to find one I wanted to try next with most of them saying to flash SU.zip all sorted out now.
as for the backup. when i do the restore it restored the older TWRP also...but still freaked out on restore. no worries though been running SlimKat since about 3pm yesterday with no issues at all. amazing ROM! kinda wish i could change the DPI though...everything seems so small. looked on the thread and went to general settings but has nothing for DPI.

Yet another question. anyone had any luck getting Jishnus camera mod working on this ROM? I tried the apk files he has for 4.4 says it installed, reboot and no change. extracted the APK for the camera copied to system/app reboot. opened camera and it was only using little more than half the screen. then it would force close once you touch a button.

is Slimkat stock based or CM based?

Download Texdroider_dpi. The easiest way to change dpi.

r1nstang

Jun 10, 2010
Download Texdroider_dpi. The easiest way to change dpi.

got it! little googling the other day and i fixed the issue. now im just trying to find away around the camera. got everything else working great. I'm asuming SlimKat already has the sound booster mod on it. cause if i try to flash the zip it fails. but back to the camera. anyone have any success with either of the camera mods? I've had no luck with either one
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2548974
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2471900

nabril15

I'm currently on the Poweruser ROM and doing well with it. I want to try this rom and I ask for your opinion. I know that roms come down to personal preference, but I want go get your thoughts on whether to do it, backup, reinstall apps, etc.
I'm a normal user-phone, occasional Internet, and i like the long lasting battery of this phone.

I thank

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.
    Some hints:

1. Be sure you are on latest CWM or TWRP recovery!!!!!!

2. Not all gapps packages right now are nice working. You can try others but at least I know that the one linked here is working. If you have other gapps which are working you can link it here of course

3. Full wipe when coming from any 4.3 or 4.4 rom (as well format system manually please)

Download:

ROM:

http://slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/995-d800

Gapps:

please only use our gapps for now

http://slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/978-addons4-4/downloads

Thanks to:
    arcardinal
    houstonn
    Thanks for your work. I used SlimBean for 9 months on N4 and it's my favorite Rom. Is it coming to D802 (International Version).? Thanks.

Soon.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    Do you have a link?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/197

EDIT: this version does indeed fix the cache wipe time. only taking about 10 seconds at most on my g2 with the default wipe mode.
    Good work @gmillz and slimroms ... told you we'll have it up by today :)