[ROM][4.4] Unofficial Cyanogenmod 11 for GSM/Wifi Nexus 7

Search This thread

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
Does this built already fix the sms issue? I'm currious since no custom rom is able to send sms.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

The answer is in the cm gerrit open commit, pending approval. Tested working on tilapia.

So yes it's fixed. Wait for it to be approved or use other tilapia builds that has this fix.

daniello8

Sep 13, 2008
Berlin
I really miss a link to the appropriate recoveries .. all versions I find are older :(

edit: Got it .. link would still be cool ;)

Last edited:

b4b4.4l1

Aug 27, 2012
Medan
Unable to flash the rom. I downloaded from Google Drive with the file name 'cm-11-20131125-SWORDKITCHEN-tilapia' :( I was using TWRP 2.6.1.0.my bad, it's 2.6.3.0. I also had done factory reset. Now downloading once again from Mediafire and will try again. Hope it works now.

EDIT : Help, it's still not installing :( I got this message while trying to install

set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error executing updater binary in zip 'cm-11-20131125-SWORDKITCHEN-tilapia.zip'
Error flashing zip 'cm-11-20131125-SWORDKITCHEN-tilapia.zip'

Please help :crying:

Last edited:

yisnawan

Jan 16, 2008
Unable to flash the rom. I downloaded from Google Drive with the file name 'cm-11-20131125-SWORDKITCHEN-tilapia' :( I was using TWRP 2.6.1.0. I also had done factory reset. Now downloading once again from Mediafire and will try again. Hope it works now.

I believe that you have to use a newer TWRP to flash this ROM.
Try 2.6.3.1, so far its good for me..

Fransis88

Apr 19, 2011
just want to say thank you for the work done since the compilation of the day 23 I have no problems with the GPS and everything works perfect. I am now installing the 25th.
a greeting

2stardiver

May 14, 2011
What is easiest way to change dpi for display?
I changed from slimbean, but I dont likedisplay beeing so big

Edit:solved ,texdroider_dpi did job.

Last edited:

2stardiver

May 14, 2011
upgrade over 23rd works, when I did wipe dalvik before flashin 25th version.
one problem noticed. when going to setting to any of setting, back key doesnt work!
it doesnt work even in application -> back to 23rd version.

Last edited:

b4b4.4l1

Aug 27, 2012
Medan
Yup, I'm running a new built and installed in a new TWRP built with no problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Well, I don't know what's wrong here. I'm now trying to download from AndroidFileHost link. I'm coming from stock KitKat btw.

EDIT: Still failed and giving me the same error message while flashing the rom :( Any idea, Swordrune10? :confused:

Last edited:

yisnawan

Jan 16, 2008
Well, I don't know what's wrong here. I'm now trying to download from AndroidFileHost link. I'm coming from stock KitKat btw.

EDIT: Still failed and giving me the same error message while flashing the rom :( Any idea, Swordrune10? :confused:

Hmmm.. Weird..
I was also coming from stock ROM KRT16O.
If you download the rom using windows, try to open the zip file first. If the zip won't open, the file you are download are corrupt and I think you have to download it from another source. I always dont this before flashing a new rom.
After that, I usually delete or format data, system, cache and dalvik in TWRP. Dont't forget to delete cache and dalvik after your installation success then reboot..
That step always working find for me..

Sent from my Nexus 7 3G using Tapatalk

swordrune10

Mar 26, 2009
Houston, TX
www.swordrune10.net

Hmmm.. Weird..
If you download the rom using windows, try to open the zip file first. If the zip won't open, the file you are download are corrupt and I think you have to download it from another source. I always dont this before flashing a new rom.
After that, I usually delete or format data, system, cache and dalvik in TWRP. Dont't forget to delete cache and dalvik after your installation success then reboot..

all I can suggest is download, use the latest recovery, and flash.. I have heard that people have better luck with my Google drive link, so try that

b4b4.4l1

Aug 27, 2012
Medan
Hmmm.. Weird..

all I can suggest is download, use the latest recovery, and flash.. I have heard that people have better luck with my Google drive link, so try that

Well, I downloaded first time from Google Drive, it failed. All zip files I downloaded were able to be opened. I am using twrp 2.6.3.0. I think it's not so different with 2.6.3.1 but I'll check it again.

Btw, the flashing process was unable to run at all. The error message is in my post on earlier page. I'll test one more time and report back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This nightlie build of cyanogenmod 11 is of course unofficial! i may continue doing this but its going to be sporadic..

android-cm.png

as per usual:
    Code:
    I am not responsible if you brick your tablet, for any bugs in the rom,
    or if your cat decides to eat your tablet because its now full of awesome.

This build is very much identical with the official build, u can switch from official and my build without any fear of having to wipe your phone.. the only difference is that i have the build script change the cyanogenmod version to more reflect like a nightly

Known Issues:
    GSM: None
    Wifi: None

Instructions:
    Download rom
    Go to recovery
    Wipe rom if coming from another rom, u dont have to wipe if ur coming from official kitkat stock rom
    Flash rom
    Flash gapps
    Boot into rom
    ???
    Profit!

the torrent file only contains the rom, it uses a webseed, code.google.com. u can use this if u ever have to pause to download or such.. u dont have to seed, i dont mind.. but others might like u to

To Flash, use CWM 6.0.4.3 or TWRP 2.6.3.0 which you have to manually flash

Current and older builds can be found here:
    MediaFire
    AndroidFileHost
    Google Drive
    Google Code

4.4 Gapps, courtesy of Paranoid Android:
    MediaFire
    AndroidFileHost

A special thanks goes to Paranoid Android for already having Gapps ready for us, and of course google for this wonderful code that is kitkat =]

To all people saying thanks: Your welcome!! ^_^
    tilapia has been built and uploaded, grouper is built and is being uploaded as im typing
    I have decided to discontinue building for cm11, but that doesn't mean end of the road.. whenever there is a brand new android version, I will be there. cya then!

nexus 7 wifi should be getting 4.4 today, so that means binaries are not to far behind.. now it isnt necessary for this rom but it really helps for later development.. especially for aosp
    right now im trying to get a build of cyanogenmod 11 for tilapia out.. i keep running into build errors so it might be a while until one will come out, stay tuned!

UPDATE: looks like im having issues due to for some reason prebuilts/sdk doesnt contain api 19.. this is straight from googles servers so i cant imagine what the issue is.. i could just copy and paste it in there but this is kinda a red flag saying that stuff is missing.. so im redoing the whole repo.. now it might take a while since i had to limit my bandwidth because my wife is working currently

UPDATE 2: looks like the tag for prebuilts/sdk for 4.4 has some sort of issue, cyanogenmod just issued on theyre manifest an exact hash to the correct place! still downloading..

UPDATE 3: alright guys, looks like its all situated, but since they havent updated tilapia's device tree yet i am now stuck waiting for it to be updated.. =/