[ROM][4.4][Unofficial] OmniROM for N8000/N8010/N8013

Search This thread

Mark5

Jan 9, 2007
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Guys, I just flashed this and I'm having serious touchscreen precision issues. This took me forever to type (even with SwiftKey), every time I touch something the touch circle is off by quite a bit. Is this a known bug? Any tips? Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Don't have this issue at all I'm afraid.

You could try and wipe both caches in recovery, app permissions and perhaps then do a non wipe reflash to see if that sorts it? Otherwise you might have to do a clean reflash.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: hmzuleta

hmzuleta

Jan 18, 2012
Bogotá
Don't have this issue at all I'm afraid.

You could try and wipe both caches in recovery, app permissions and perhaps then do a non wipe reflash to see if that sorts it? Otherwise you might have to do a clean reflash.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using XDA Free mobile app

I will backup everything and try that. Thanks. I'll update this same post so I don't spam the thread.

Also, I noticed a bug using the IR blaster, it works correctly, but using the Peel app to control my TV and other stuff, it crashes after 5+ uses. I'm busy this week, but I'll make an effort to give you guys a logcat.

phearus

Oct 18, 2011
Apologies for the somewhat cross-posting nature of this post...

Hi guys - man, what an awesome effort!

There is one very troubling problem, however... The screen does not turn on when there is an incoming call, and, you cannot turn it on without dismissing the call or outright rebooting the device!

I have engaged with PA-GAPPs guys on the issue - the screen not turning on when there is an incoming call definitely falls under the ROM's remit, as opposed to Google dialer or something.

This really needs some attention as it pretty much renders the N8000 phone-feature unusable (one cannot answer calls if the screen is not already on).

Does anyone know where this "feature" is found among the code-base? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

secret_3108

Jan 29, 2012
Is there any way to flash this rom using Odin ? My note N8013 is stuck at the boot screen. I can enter in download mode not recovery mode.

Jooni

Sep 19, 2012
Richmond Hill, ON
Battery won't charge

I absolutely love Kitkat - so fast on this old thing.
I have a problem with my battery not charging. It's been showing Charging - 0% for a few hours now. A reboot didn't help and didn't charge even when it was off.

This happens to me usually when the charging cable's frayed, but it started happening when I installed this rom. Have anyone else had this problem? (And no, I haven't got a second cable to test it with)

EDIT: It seems it is a problem with my cable. It just happened to stop working at the same time I installed this.
I'll finally get to enjoy it when I get a new cable, I guess...

Specs - N8010, Clean install coming from Hyperdrive. Latest version of TWRP from the website. Running Gapps Mini version from the recommendation link.

Last edited:

HallZen

Jul 4, 2008
Stylus detection n8000 kitkat

Now that I have upgraded to Kitkat, this tablet is really swell. Huge improvements acrtoss the board.
EXCEPT for the stylus detection.
I used to be able to turn it off (to save juice).
But I could leave detection on in order to use my second (large) samsung stylus pen on the tablet while the onboard style is still docked in the tablet.
Now I can't do this. There's no way to get it to detect my second stylus without removing the buit in one from it's socket first, which is frustrating for all the obvious reasons.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
This the closest I have been able to get to a discussion of this issue in muy searches thus far.

I have always been able to use a secondary stylus with the original stylus docked on the factory firmware.
Currently using secondary stylus with the factory stylus in the slot.

Never actually hunted for an option to turn off stylus detection when stylus docked, though.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Running N8013 with the 01/04 build:
1) Creating a second user, login under new account causes android.system to FC, all I can see is a blank screen with a status bar on top. Can still log out and switch back to primary user. This is without an SD card inserted.

2) With respect to SD card, (Sandisk ultra 64GB) attempt to format card forces instant reboot.

3) Camera: Switching between front and rear camera forces reboot.

Other than that everything is running quite well, I commend you on your hard work, I will continue testing. I need to be sure that it is stable before the start of the Spring Semester or unfortunately I'll have to revert back to stock until the end of May.

MontanAndroid

Dec 5, 2010
re: stylus

With Omni, I have not had any issues with using my secondary stylus while the factory one was in its slot (gt-n8013). Perhaps I have just been fortunate? Anyway currently I am without my tablet due to my own stupidity (left it on top of the car and drove off), so shopping for a replacement at this time.

Now that I have upgraded to Kitkat, this tablet is really swell. Huge improvements acrtoss the board.
But I could leave detection on in order to use my second (large) samsung stylus pen on the tablet while the onboard style is still docked in the tablet.
Now I can't do this. There's no way to get it to detect my second stylus without removing the buit in one from it's socket first, which is frustrating for all the obvious reasons.
This the closest I have been able to get to a discussion of this issue in muy searches thus far.

FPtje

Aug 11, 2011
Google Pixel 8 Pro

I really don't have this problem with my secondary stylus. Are you sure you've checked all the settings?
Go to settings / advanced / screen and turn off s pen power saving mode. See if that works.

Sent from my unknown using XDA Free mobile app

Mohamedselim

Feb 3, 2012
Giza
(MOD)increase headphone volume and speaker volume without distortion to the max !!!

(Tested in Omnirom 4.4.4 for Note 10 n8013 only)
For those who want to increase headphone volume and speaker volume without distortion to the max beyond device max volume use this file in attachments :
1- unzip
2- use es file explorer in root mode
3- place the file (unzipped) to system/etc/sound and overwrite the file with same name and set permissions to rw-r-r root root and reboot device and enjoy !!!
You will have to replace file with every rom update till this mode included in rom by default
Done as always by using Alsamixer app and knowning the current max volume and maximum volume that could be reached then editing manually by Es file explorer
Please if you like it ask the developer to include it permanently in the rom

Attachments

• n80xx.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 54

bksubhuti

Dec 28, 2014
I cannot see home or power button setup. I did the install if gapps after a full startup. Nothing changed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    omnirom_logo-big_layout_transparent-250px-150x150.png

Announcements

Discuss the official nightlies here! Also, TheMorpheus has taken over building and distributing N8000 unofficial builds, so go to his thread for more up to date builds!

Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer applies, your warranty is void, this may eat your dog or burn your house down, delete all your pictures, etc.

Instructions

0. You need a recovery that supports SELinux. I'm told that recent versions of CWM support it, but I haven't tried them myself. So if you aren't on the latest CWM (in particular, if you're on the last version of TWRP officially released for this device) you will need to flash a newer recovery. For best results, use my TWRP 2.6.3.x builds (other recoveries may not be compatible with delta updates for official nightlies).

If you want to flash my recovery, download the recovery.img and flash it using ODIN or Mobile ODIN. You can also use Recovery Tools to flash it from your device

1. Flash the ROM.

2. Flash SuperSU if you want root (it's not yet included in the ROM). I have not tried any other Superuser apps but SuperSU is supposed to be incorporated into Omni eventually. Important: you may need to install a backup script using SuperSU to persist it across flashes - see the settings in SuperSU for that.

3. Flash Kitkat/4.4 compatible Gapps (PA has some that work with this ROM).

1-3 can be queued in TWRP.

4. If coming from a different ROM wipe data/factory reset, otherwise you probably won't boot

Downloads
    TWRP 2.6.3.1 (unofficial version; the 4th digit is basically just for device specific changes). Use Flashify, Mobile Odin, or Recovery Tools to flash .img files.
    twrp-2.6.3.1-n8000.img
    twrp-2.6.3.1-n8013.img
    ODIN flashable tars:
    twrp-2.6.3.1-n8000.tar.md5
    twrp-2.6.3.1-n8013.tar.md5
    You must flash this (or other 4.4 compatible recovery) if you're on the official TWRP 2.6.3.0 or other outdated recoveries, if you get an error about set_metadata_recursive when flashing

omni-4.4.2-20140210-n8000-HOMEMADE.zip - N8000 Builds discontinued by me, see posts from TheMorpheus for updates.
    omni-4.4.2-20140302-n801x-HOMEMADE.zip

Older releases in the Downloads tab

Sources
    Device trees:

android_device_samsung_n80xx-common
    android_device_samsung_n801x
    android_device_samsung_n8000

Frameworks (I may make some device specific changes or just cherry pick things like MultiWindow)

android_frameworks_base

Thanks, and have a nice day!

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniROM, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors
    iofthestorm, Entropy512, espenfjo, humberos
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2013-12-01
    Last Updated 2014-03-03
    Alright, did some new builds and uploaded to XDA again. Not a whole lot has been changing on the features front, but it's been a long time since I've uploaded a build so there might be some interesting stuff. Don't remember if Quiet Hours was in before, some other stuff relating to QS tile fixes maybe. Most feature changes are at least partly in frameworks_base or Settings or OmniGears, so you can browse Gerrit if you're curious. A lot of stuff is still WIP. The screen glitch patch was merged yesterday so right now we just need to finalize the n8013->n801x rename patch and then we can get the ball rolling with nightlies. Nightlies won't have Multiwindow until it's finished though, just FYI.

omni-4.4.2-20140117-n801x-HOMEMADE.zip
    omni-4.4.2-20140117-n8000-HOMEMADE.zip

Edit: Oh yeah, a bunch of exFAT stuff was merged last week, so it might be worth testing that again. I'm actually supposed to get a 64GB microSD today so I'll check that out too.
    New builds for the week. Also, some kernel stuff got merged again so hopefully nightlies are just a tiny step closer. We may try to do a thing where the n801x build sets the device name to the actual device during boot, which realistically doesn't actually matter but it's just a nice thing to do I suppose. The more useful part would be for recovery so that one recovery can support both devices and accurately identify as the correct device, but again since they're compatible it's not really effectively any different. But yeah, good to have things correct :)

omni-4.4.2-20140210-n8000-HOMEMADE.zip
    omni-4.4.2-20140210-n801x-HOMEMADE.zip

Also, keyboard dock hack should be re-enabled in these builds, so keyboard dock users, get to typing, or something. I'll appreciate it if someone with the dock can give me a dmesg log. Easiest way is to download this Syslog app and save the Kernel log (might as well go for both Kernel and Main while you're at it).

I think there have been some tweaks to OmniSwitch, beyond that I'm not sure what else has happened in the past week.
    Known Issues

See bug reports at http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=1828#bugReporter

Experimental stuff
    • Multiwindow, to me, is the one of the most exciting features of OmniROM, but it is a work in progress and not completed yet. I will be doing builds with MultiWindow, but currently it does not function well yet - no bug reports on this please, but feel free to discuss it here.

Building instructions

For n801x, the repos are now on omnirom so you can just repo sync the omnirom tree and then brunch n801x. You'll need to cherry pick kernel fixes though.

For n8000, here's my local_manifests.xml

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
      <project path="device/samsung/n8013" name="ibrahima/android_device_samsung_n8013" remote="github" revision="android-4.4" />
      <project path="device/samsung/n8000" name="ibrahima/android_device_samsung_n8000" remote="github" revision="android-4.4" />
      <project path="device/samsung/n80xx-common" name="ibrahima/android_device_samsung_n80xx-common" remote="github" revision="android-4.4" />
      <project path="vendor/samsung" name="DonkeyCoyote/proprietary_vendor_samsung" remote="github" revision="android-4.4" />
      <project name="codeworkx/omniscripts" path="buildscripts" remote="github" revision="android-4.4">
        <copyfile dest="build.sh" src="build.sh" />
      </project>
    </manifest>
    OK, here's some new builds, now with Omniswitch. Also, for keyboard dock folks, I forgot to re-enable the keyboard dock driver, so sorry about that. I'm really busy today but maybe tomorrow I'll try and put up a build with it enabled.

omni-4.4.2-20140202-n801x-HOMEMADE.zip
    omni-4.4.2-20140203-n8000-HOMEMADE.zip

(version numbers are different but the code is the same, just happened to build at different times).