[ROM][4/5] Stock Rooted 5.1 - LVY47H - Root, Busybox, init.d - Odex / De-Odex!

Search This thread

hyrax1994

Nov 12, 2013
Odexed or deodexed: which one is better in terms of performance and battery? If there's any difference.

Ryjabo

Jun 16, 2010
Chicago
Odexed or deodexed: which one is better in terms of performance and battery? If there's any difference.

It's said that Odexed is faster initially, but the word is that it's hardly noticeable. The biggest difference is that you can't theme it if it's not de-odexed. I doubt there is a battery life difference.

Personally, I don't use themes... so I went with odexed. It's nice and snappy.

Ha66is

Mar 8, 2009
Thanks for suggestions.........turns out however, the solution was easy.

When entering a PIN number (forced by MobileIron)......there is an option to have a PIN required to start the device (from off)......if this isnt selected, it fails to go any further.

Cheers ???

Last edited:

shwise

Dec 18, 2013
@scrosler Is this safe to dirty-flash on top of your rooted, decrypted LMY47E build? And does anyone know if newer builds work on Verizon devices?

Diesel779

Dec 28, 2012
West Bromwich
Hi, scrosler.

Just got my Nexus 6 and pleased to see you have a ROM for it :) Thanks for the work. I got my Nexus 6 yesterday and immediately had the 5.1 update. The build number of my 5.1 is: LMY47D. Am I ok to go ahead and flash this ROM? Thanks again.

GregNexus

Jan 25, 2015
Bielefeld
Installed this clean.

Noticing weird things, maybe just Placebo?

Opening apps like chrome or whatsapp:

The statusbar and the bottom are getting black as they should, but the APP opens way slower (pops up much later as the statusbar an bottom gettin black) than i have it in mind from the oldest 5.1 Rom. Same setup (stock rooted + Franco)

After a reboot, everything is fine for an hour or longer

Edit: if i open an APP for the first time, its pretty quick as it should be. Openig it a second time ( open in cache) its the Problem mentioned above

Last edited:

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Installed this clean.

Noticing weird things, maybe just Placebo?

Opening apps like chrome or whatsapp:

The statusbar and the bottom are getting black as they should, but the APP opens way slower (pops up much later as the statusbar an bottom gettin black) than i have it in mind from the oldest 5.1 Rom. Same setup (stock rooted + Franco)

After a reboot, everything is fine for an hour or longer

Edit: if i open an APP for the first time, its pretty quick as it should be. Openig it a second time ( open in cache) its the Problem mentioned above

This command fixes every problem anyone has ever had with any Nexus 6 ROM....

While in Bootloader type...

"fastboot format userdata"

You will loose all your stored files but I gurantee it will fix what ever issue you have. Set up the device clean and install everything from play store.

EDIT: Not EVERY problem but weird ones like this. You catch what I am saying.

iainaaldrich

Oct 25, 2011
Whats the difference between this and you D build? Any actual changes or just a newer image file? What I mean to say is there any reason to jump to this over your D build.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well here it is... Android 5.1 build LVY47H in all its stock glory!

LVY47H.png

Preface
    • Stock Rooted... Busybox and init.d support already built for you!
    • This is based 100% on the stock Google image!
    • Still has the 95 Radio and bootloader but here is the actual one from the image (Flashable): LVY47H-Radio-Firmware
    • Thanks to @Q9Nap for the factory image.
    • Build Date = Tue Mar 10 01:36:04 UTC 2015
    • Does not enable T-Mobile WiFi calling so need to ask or state that it does.

Features
    • Stock