[ROM][5.0.1][LRX22C] FoxHound The Phantom Pain 2.3 [17 DEC] Gapp | Clean | Stable

Search This thread
T

Thyrus

After I found this thread - I guess you all can imagine my surprise to see my theme, which took me weeks to make, was implemented 1:1 into this ROM, without asking for permission, no credits and with a changelog that reads as if the OP had anything to do with it.

If the dev would have done the right thing, ask for permission, have a changelog that clearly shows this is not his intellectual property, I would have been perfectly fine with it.

I guess I should see it as "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", but really, it is just taking my stuff, Anderson's stuff, putting it in a zip file. Is that what "dev'ing" is all about now?

raffaele88

Mar 15, 2010
Salerno
www.foxhoundrom.net
After I found this thread - I guess you all can imagine my surprise to see my theme, which took me weeks to make, was implemented 1:1 into this ROM, without asking for permission, no credits and with a changelog that reads as if the OP had anything to do with it.

If the dev would have done the right thing, ask for permission, have a changelog that clearly shows this is not his intellectual property, I would have been perfectly fine with it.

I guess I should see it as "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", but really, it is just taking my stuff, Anderson's stuff, putting it in a zip file. Is that what "dev'ing" is all about now?
On my first page I gave your team credit for your work which clearly you did not see .. I do not ask money for this .. My reason for sharing it is because people enjoy seeing this work not to take credit for your work . The other Roms are based on Anderson base ..

Reactions: raymond4
On my first page I gave your team credit for your work which clearly you did not see .. I do not ask money for this .. My reason for sharing it is because people enjoy seeing this work not to take credit for your work . The other Roms are based on Anderson base ..

Here's the problem....You gave ME credit and I didn't even make it, we are hosting it for Thyrus. If you use ANYONE's work you MUST get approval from the developer to repost it. I was looked at like a traitor to "MY" team. Like I was giving out our hard work with just crediting me NOT THE TEAM! That is why I pmed you, we will just let the mods handle this from this point forward!!!!!

DJ

ApriliaM3

Retired Senior Moderator
Feb 5, 2012
Bangkok

Ideally, you should have just sent a PM to raffaele88 and sorted this out in private.
From what I can see, it appears he may have credited the wrong person by an honest mistake.
If he had asked permission first, this issue might not have even occurred but we're past that now.

I was looked at like a traitor to "MY" team. Like I was giving out our hard work with just crediting me NOT THE TEAM!

I hardly think this is very likely unless your team has very poor lines of communication...

Dearest Moderator,

I say this on behalf of all xda community members who respect the rules and one another:

Please close this thread and consider banning dev.

Thank you.

Seriously? I'll leave the quote of your ridiculous post here for posterity.

@Thyrus Can I leave you to sort this out with @raffaele88 via PM please?
I'm sure you can both come to some mutual agreement, for the benefit of XDA and its members.
If not, my PM box is open to either of you to sort this matter out.

As for everyone else, @travperk stick to the topic and don't get involved in matters that are not your concern.

Last edited:
T

Thyrus

Agreed @ApriliaM3. I dont want this thread closed or the dev banned , but I do want my theme removed from it.

Not out of spite, but if people have issues - given all the code is from me, I am afraid I (!) am the only one who can do something about that - and I need to hear from the users in the relevant threads and not a random thread like this one of a ROM I dont use or support - I hope people can understand that - this is all pretty new, I am the only themer that even attempted to mod Android 5.0 to the extend I did and without proper feedback, I wont be able to improve anything - and that feedback needs to be getting to me directly.

@raffaele88 and I have already chatted about that via PM and I am OK with him re-posting without my theme.

Last edited:

Hannibal226

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Ideally, you should have just sent a PM to raffaele88 and sorted this out in private.
From what I can see, it appears he may have credited the wrong person by an honest mistake.
If he had asked permission first, this issue might not have even occurred but we're past that now.
[...]
I'm sure you can both come to some mutual agreement, for the benefit of XDA and its members.

As for everyone else, @travperk stick to the topic and don't get involved in matters that are not your concern.

Thanks @ApriliaM3 for ur fast reply and clarify on this ;)
CHEERS

Agreed @ApriliaM3
[...]
@raffaele88 and I have already chatted about that via PM and I am OK with him re-posting without my theme.

Even I can understand ur position at all(!), it's quiet sad that u couldn't find a solution to come together,
as he mentioned this seems to be a mistake and this maybe isn't the way of android or what u think, heh ;)

But that's ur decision and I think we r now back on Topic here...

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

################################################
Dirty flash works breaks google accounts and some strange funktions with launcher.
Clean flash works, but TB doesn't work for me anylonger, so for now staying on 1.4.
as I'm to lazy to setup completly new xD

CHEERS ;)

Reactions: kamilmirza

MidnightDevil

Apr 2, 2012
London
Redmi Note 9
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Thanks @ApriliaM3 for ur fast reply and clarify on this ;)
CHEERS

Even I can understand ur position at all(!), it's quiet sad that u couldn't find a solution to come together,
as he mentioned this seems to be a mistake and this maybe isn't the way of android or what u think, heh ;)

But that's ur decision and I think we r now back on Topic here...

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

################################################
Dirty flash works breaks google accounts and some strange funktions with launcher.
Clean flash works, but TB doesn't work for me anylonger, so for now staying on 1.4.
as I'm to lazy to setup completly new xD

CHEERS ;)

Okay so from my understand, the ROM will be released without the blackUI, correct?
Any chance of adding the link in the OP to the flashable blackUI mod as optional download for users who are interested? With respective credits of course :)

Reactions: c3v1t

reddvilzz

May 29, 2012
Jakarta
OnePlus 9
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Okay so from my understand, the ROM will be released without the blackUI, correct?
Any chance of adding the link in the OP to the flashable blackUI mod as optional download for users who are interested? With respective credits of course :)

Well you could go to thyrus/team blackout thread for the themes since it is a flashable zip file

Not sure if the op will provide it. Perhaps he will

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FoxHound.png

FEATURES.png

Source : https://github.com/SlimRoms
    Source Hammerhead: https://github.com/SlimRoms/device_lge_hammerhead
    Source Kernel : https://github.com/SlimRoms/kernel_lge_hammerhead
    Cherry-pick: https://gerrit.slimroms.net/#/q/status:merged,n,0031813e00004aff

Optimize based
    Insert 5 soft key on navigation bar (power off,menù)
    Pre-rooted
    Black UI
    Black Dialer
    Black Contacts
    Black Settings
    Date control in settings
    Traffic control in settings
    Navigation bar option in dislpay settings
    Insert GAPPS,no need to flash other external Zip
    Insert BusyBox
    Fix Google Play Services Errors

Update 1.3
    Update to android-5.0.0_r6 (LRX21T)
    update supersu to 2.23
    Reboot, Airplane mode and Sound options in Power menu
    Quick Settings panel pull down with one finger on Status bar extreme top right
    Battery percentage in >Display > Status bar
    Timeout and instant lock options in Swipe screen lock
    SuperSU in Settings
    New Bootanimation
    Updated GAPPS
    Black Hangout included
    Insert Logo Rom in info device
    Black Calendar Google
    Filter spam notifications in Settings > Battery > Battery saver
    Volume rocker wake up in Settings > Display
    Wake up device if charger is plugged/unplugged in Settings > Display
    Safe headset volume,Settings > Sound > Advanced options

-Changelog 1.4
    Add Aroma installer
    Possibility to choose Black or White UI in Aroma
    Possibility to choose spring or stock APN in Aroma
    Update SuperSu 2.25
    Insert Ota app again
    Fix FC for Develop Settings

-Changelog 1.5
    Wipe data required
    Add Option to wipe Data in Aroma
    Add Optionin Aroma to choose if you want install Gapps or not
    Update base android-5.0.0_r7 - LRX21V
    Update theme Black,now pop are Black
    Soft key with search button (remove power off)
    Advanced reboot options in Settings > Developer options
    Long press back to kill app option in Settings > Developer options
    Updated Google Play Services in GAPPS
    Fixes in Dialer

-Changelog 2.0
    Based on Slim Source
    Wipe data required
    Removed Aroma
    5 NaBar Button
    Black UI themed By my
    Foxhound Bootlogo
    Gapps Included

Changelog 2.2
    Updatest to last Souce Slim 0.8
    Update to last android source
    Remove google search,you can download from playstore
    DPI set to 400
    Fix some part of the theme
    Add navigation bar customize size
    Revert to stock kernel build in the rom
    All feature from slimrom source
    Cherry pick Settings: make unaccounted and over-counted battery usage configurable source

-Changelog 2.3
    Updatest to last Souce Slim 0.9
    Update Theme
    Fix Download app ,now is black
    Insert Battery % in settings
    Themed Velvet
    Themed Calendar
    Fix Dialer app
    All feature from slimrom source

Guide to install:
    Download the rom
    Download last SuperSu
    Go in Recovery
    Make Wipe data factory reset
    Flash rom
    After flash if you have some random reboot just install different kernel like this one

DOWNLOAD.png

LINK

Credit:
    Big Thanks Slim Rom Team for the Source
    Chainfire for Root

XDA:DevDB Information
    FoxHound The Phantom Pain, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    raffaele88
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2014-11-10
    Last Updated 2014-12-17
    939f7c97e2313c98cbfc552fc3faf710.jpg

New rom in test
    Navigation Bar Mod

For navigation bar mod go to this thread :)

I was looked at like a traitor to "MY" team. Like I was giving out our hard work with just crediting me NOT THE TEAM!

I hardly think this is very likely unless your team has very poor lines of communication...

Dearest Moderator,

I say this on behalf of all xda community members who respect the rules and one another:

Please close this thread and consider banning dev.

Thank you.

Seriously? I'll leave the quote of your ridiculous post here for posterity.