[Rom][5.0.1][XXUHPF1] [07/08] MBP v5[Fast][Smooth][Stable]

do want a new update based on the Turkish Firmware?

• yes

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • no

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Mango Polo

Aug 23, 2011
Newry
mangopolo.com
Today I encountered a stupid situation. I was rooted and using MBP ROM on my i9500. I've decided to flash the latest Chinese ROM I9500ZCUJOH2 . After boot, I've noticed it doesn't have GAPPS. I found a thread saying how to make it work., by Rooting, Flashing TWRP and then flashing PA_GAPPS.
The thing is I could not flash twrp. It starts flashing recovery in Odin, but in a few seconds it ends up with Failed ( log says " could not write" ) or something like that. I just wanted to test this ROM and see how it works in comparison with the others. I am using such a long time rooted i9500 and with custom recovery, that I forgot how did I rooted it and flashed long time ago. Can someone please remind me ? I want to get back ty MBP anyway, as I always use only it. But anyway, how do I make possible to bring a custom recovery after I root it with CF-Autoroot?

john seyers

Oct 26, 2014
Today I encountered a stupid situation. I was rooted and using MBP ROM on my i9500. I've decided to flash the latest Chinese ROM I9500ZCUJOH2 . After boot, I've noticed it doesn't have GAPPS. I found a thread saying how to make it work., by Rooting, Flashing TWRP and then flashing PA_GAPPS.
The thing is I could not flash twrp. It starts flashing recovery in Odin, but in a few seconds it ends up with Failed ( log says " could not write" ) or something like that. I just wanted to test this ROM and see how it works in comparison with the others. I am using such a long time rooted i9500 and with custom recovery, that I forgot how did I rooted it and flashed long time ago. Can someone please remind me ? I want to get back ty MBP anyway, as I always use only it. But anyway, how do I make possible to bring a custom recovery after I root it with CF-Autoroot?

Happens sometimes :D... anwyz as u mentioned u rooted ur phone now u need to download a custom recovery say twrp or cwm according to your preference and flash it in download mode via odin .... another option u can download flashify app from playstore and download desired recovery and flash it through flashify app itself and then reboot. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Mango Polo

Aug 23, 2011
Newry
mangopolo.com
I managed to flash latest twrp. But after flashing PA Gapps as explained in one thread, they are not seen . @melekbarca sorry for doing a small offtop. its the same rom as yours but without gapps. could you please advice me a link to a gapps package that will be compatible with your rom? tomorrow i get back to prism but now I want to flash gapps . I am not home and cannot download mbp.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

melekbarca

Sep 23, 2014
sfax
I managed to flash latest twrp. But after flashing PA Gapps as explained in one thread, they are not seen . @melekbarca sorry for doing a small offtop. its the same rom as yours but without gapps. could you please advice me a link to a gapps package that will be compatible with your rom? tomorrow i get back to prism but now I want to flash gapps . I am not home and cannot download mbp.

https://basketbuild.com/gapps

Xajel

Mar 2, 2011
Bahrain
I just started to use this ROM V2 before less than 2 weeks, The first issue I faced was a hang in the first setup that restarted the phone before completing the restore, I fixed that by not restoring all applications... but I'm desperate to enable writing to external_sd without any success, I tried FolderMount ( which succeeded everytime since KitKat except with this ROM ), I also tried manual flashing the fix but that did not worked also...

I'm trying now V1, I hope it will work normally...

jinvidia

May 31, 2012
I Just wiped data/factory reset and I didn’t even clear dalvic cache. Does it matter ?. Phone runs ok for now. But the battery drain is there. May be I am using around 30 apps and that’s the reason. But they are not always running in the background.

I didn’t want to play much with recoveries in the beginning itself and hence I started with CMW. The developer has stated that the FW can be flashed with any recovery and hence I chose CMW.

But is it possible to flash this FW with stock recovery ?

Mango Polo

Aug 23, 2011
Newry
mangopolo.com
I Just wiped data/factory reset and I didn’t even clear dalvic cache. Does it matter ?. Phone runs ok for now. But the battery drain is there. May be I am using around 30 apps and that’s the reason. But they are not always running in the background.

I didn’t want to play much with recoveries in the beginning itself and hence I started with CMW. The developer has stated that the FW can be flashed with any recovery and hence I chose CMW.

But is it possible to flash this FW with stock recovery ?

You asked for a rom which is fast, stable and battery life is good. You dirty flashed the rom, which can be flashed only via TWRP/CWM and all old files should have remained on phone memory. I don't know. I always wipe all partitions, includin System. And I never have problems with anything.

gp545

Jul 7, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 7 Pro
Reactions: Kdio

jinvidia

May 31, 2012
I have already done that mate.I want to embed that file manager to the fw zip file so that if I want to install the fw in another device the file manager will get directly installed along with the fw.

gp545

Jul 7, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 7 Pro
I have already done that mate.I want to embed that file manager to the fw zip file so that if I want to install the fw in another device the file manager will get directly installed along with the fw.
Extract MBP V2.zip
Now open PBB File Manger for OD4.zip
Copy SecNoteMyFiles folder to Priv-App folder of extracted MBP V2.zip

Once that done.. Create a zip file (making sure that it includes Meta-INF, System and boot.img). Done..

Reactions: Kdio and Mango Polo

jinvidia

May 31, 2012
Thanx a lot mate. I just opened the zip file of the FW and directly dragged the concerned folder to private folder. Is that correct ?. I hope i dont have to extract the entire FW and repack it.

And if you have the Samsung Memo apk file, can you please share it ?. The link provided by the developer is not working anymore. I desperately need the memo app during calls to note down anything in case a situation arises.

The below link is not working
https://basketbuild.com/uploads/devs/AL_IRAQI/Removed-Apps/OD4-Apps/PBB+S-Note+OD4.zip

Thanx

gp545

Jul 7, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thanx a lot mate. I just opened the zip file of the FW and directly dragged the concerned folder to private folder. Is that correct ?. I hope i dont have to extract the entire FW and repack it.

And if you have the Samsung Memo apk file, can you please share it ?. The link provided by the developer is not working anymore. I desperately need the memo app during calls to note down anything in case a situation arises.

The below link is not working
https://basketbuild.com/uploads/devs/AL_IRAQI/Removed-Apps/OD4-Apps/PBB+S-Note+OD4.zip

Thanx

If you're adding that folder to Firmware Zip the have to extract firmware and paste it in Priv-App folder..

Here: https://app.box.com/s/fgaagw63x2er2kd9hu69u34rqve5jiwr

Last edited:

ashokabs

Mar 9, 2011
New Delhi
Performance of mbp v2

I clean installed MBP V2 about 7 days ago. Earlier I was using the stock 5.0.1 (ARO) with rooting and removing or disabling all bloatware. I have no problem with battery use. In fact I would say it is marginally better than stock. Almost everything that I have used so far is working. I have had two reboots - one was while talking on the phone and then trying to get hold of a file to send to someone. The second time I was busy in a meeting so did not have time to do any checking. I will now download the log for any future reboot and send it the the Dev. I tried to install xposed but got a boot loop and went back to the nandroid backup. When rebooting I had a boot loop again but it booted normally after clearing cache and dalvik.

Will try xposed again in a day or two.

Mango Polo

Aug 23, 2011
Newry
mangopolo.com
This ROM is a simple cut of a stock rom. Almost anything is not modified inside kernel and system. The most stable work of such a rom is a clean state of it without adding anything. I would call this rom - The rom for those who simply want a faster, smoother and stablier one. But only in it's clean version. Only clean. If someone likes modded and unstandard usage of a phone, there are roms for that around the forum. With system prepaired and modded for cutom kernels and with built in xposed.

krasCGQ

Recognized Contributor
Apr 13, 2015
Kendari
kud.my.id
I clean installed MBP V2 about 7 days ago. Earlier I was using the stock 5.0.1 (ARO) with rooting and removing or disabling all bloatware. I have no problem with battery use. In fact I would say it is marginally better than stock. Almost everything that I have used so far is working. I have had two reboots - one was while talking on the phone and then trying to get hold of a file to send to someone. The second time I was busy in a meeting so did not have time to do any checking. I will now download the log for any future reboot and send it the the Dev. I tried to install xposed but got a boot loop and went back to the nandroid backup. When rebooting I had a boot loop again but it booted normally after clearing cache and dalvik.

Use arter97's Unofficial Xposed, or you'll get bootloop.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD

Reactions: ashokabs

gp545

Jul 7, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 7 Pro

Official Xposed by Rov doesn't work.. The one here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=60857320 by Arter97 works perfectly fine.. The version you've to download is "xposed-v71-sdk21-arm-arter97-V6-exynos.zip"

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Forums

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android-5.0-Lollipop-Update-Galaxy-s4.jpg

Features:
    -Deodexed
    -Zipaligned
    -All Languages Available
    -Knox Free
    -Removed tones of bloatware and samsung apps

Change Log:
    V5
    -Update Base to XXUHPF1
    -Update SuperSU to v2.76
    -Fix SystemUI memory leak (thanks to @MemAllocatoR)
    V4
    -Updated Base to XXUHOK5
    V3
    -Updated Base to XXUHOH7
    V2
    -Updated Rom Base to XXUHOG2
    -updated supersu
    -added some tweaks to improve multitasking
    V1
    -rom based on latest indian firmware XXUHOF3

Installation instructions:
    -Download the ROM
    -Wipe Data ,Cache Partitions and Preload
    -Flash the ROM using Any Recovery

Download:

MBP V5 : MEGA

MBP V4 : MEGA

MBP V3 : MEGA

MBP V2 : MediaFire ---- MEGA

MBP V1 : MediaFire ---- MEGA

Special Thanks:
    . AL_IRAQI for support and help
    . Chainfire
    . rufusgogo for mega link
    XDA:DevDB Information
    MelekBarca prism , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    melekbarca
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Galaxy S4 i9500 - Root - Custom Recovery
    Based On: Stock Samsung Firmwares

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5
    Stable Release Date: 2016-08-07

Created 2015-07-17
    Last Updated 2016-08-07
    Reserved

Odin Bootloader & Modem Packages:

Bootloader:
    XXUHPF1 : ODIN
    XXUHOH7 : ODIN
    XXUHOG1 : ODIN
    XXUHOF3 : ODIN

Modem:
    XXUHPC1 : CWM ZIP
    XXUHOG2 : CWM ZIP
    DDUHOA1 : CWM ZIP
    Reserved

OH7 Removed Apps :DOWNLOAD

5 Way to Reboot for MBP V4: DOWNLOAD
    Note : it may take 5 min or more to boot

Adapt Sound for MBP V4 ( it 's included already in MBP V3 ): DOWNLOAD
    The new update is ready .i will upload it tomorrow
    @melekbarca , Russian Build is finally here! Will you make v3?
    Or if not, will you please send me the Barebone list? But I think on H7 build it might be a little different
    I will work on it
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone