[ROM] [5.0] [11/15/2014] CyanogenMod 12 BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

SeannyM

Oct 8, 2012
CyanogenMod 12 (Lollipop) for Moto G (Falcon)

This is a very incomplete version of CyanogenMod 12 for Moto G. This can NOT be used as a daily driver in it's current state! Be sure to make a backup of your current ROM before flashing this, as you'll want to go back to your previous ROM pretty soon after you flash this!

I've only tested this on XT1032, others report that it works on other models. It's been reported that the SIM card doesn't work on XT1033, however I cannot test this myself.

Working
  • Boots
  • Display
  • Internal storage
  • SMS
  • Notification light

Not Working
  • Wifi
  • Audio
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Mobile Data
  • Probably everything else

Sources
Available on my GitHub.

Downloads
ROM (Mediafire Mirror)
ROM (Mega Mirror)

Gapps (Mediafire Mirror)

Installation
  • Download ROM and Gapps
  • Boot into recovery
  • Wipe data/factory reset
  • Flash ROM and Gapps
  • Have fun! At least, as much as you can with this in it's current state...

Screenshots
NXVdJ1f.png

TPK4qg0.png

lgpiGbP.png

rEr5Jue.png

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] [5.0] CyanogenMod 12 BETA, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
SeannyM
Alberto97
All the contributers to CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-11-14
Last Updated 2014-11-15

Last edited:

Vuciz

Aug 26, 2012
Terre Haute
i could probably make it a flashable zip.

or anyone else who is blessed with better internet connection and bit of making flashable zip
I'm downloading on throttled 3G haha. It'll be done by morning.

To make a kinda flashable zip, just do a backup of system and people just backup their data and system then restore 5.0 system.

Reactions: Nooblar

SeannyM

Oct 8, 2012
i could probably make it a flashable zip.

or anyone else who is blessed with better internet connection and bit of making flashable zip

Next update will be a flashable zip. Next update will also contain all the apps that got skipped during compilation due to the current state of CyanogenMod's code, including the launcher. I created a flashable zip of Nova launcher for myself for now just so I can access apps and such. I currently do not know if the Lollipop Gapps I added to the OP contain a launcher; I'm still downloading them myself :p

SeannyM

Oct 8, 2012
I'm pretty sure this Flappy Bird Lollipop easter egg is impossible :p the Android guy jumps too high when you tap to be able to make it through the lollipops!

Reactions: srisurya95

SeannyM

Oct 8, 2012
From what I've read, the longer you tap, the higher he goes. Maybe that will help.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

lol, the smallest tap sends him flying upwards! Google definitely rigged this! Well, I'm off to sleep now. Lollipop has kept me up and I have an important test in my Science course tomorrow! I think I'll finally call it a night and try to fix up Lollipop tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 12 (Lollipop) for Moto G (Falcon)

This is a very incomplete version of CyanogenMod 12 for Moto G. This can NOT be used as a daily driver in it's current state! Be sure to make a backup of your current ROM before flashing this, as you'll want to go back to your previous ROM pretty soon after you flash this!

I've only tested this on XT1032, others report that it works on other models. It's been reported that the SIM card doesn't work on XT1033, however I cannot test this myself.

Working
    • Boots
    • Display
    • Internal storage
    • SMS
    • Notification light

Not Working
    • Wifi
    • Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Mobile Data
    • Probably everything else

Sources
    Available on my GitHub.

Downloads
    ROM (Mediafire Mirror)
    ROM (Mega Mirror)

Gapps (Mediafire Mirror)

Installation
    • Download ROM and Gapps
    • Boot into recovery
    • Wipe data/factory reset
    • Flash ROM and Gapps
    • Have fun! At least, as much as you can with this in it's current state...

Screenshots
    NXVdJ1f.png

TPK4qg0.png

lgpiGbP.png

rEr5Jue.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [5.0] CyanogenMod 12 BETA, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
    SeannyM
    Alberto97
    All the contributers to CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-11-14
    Last Updated 2014-11-15
    @SeannyM Great job, but at least you could give me a "thank you" for my work about SELinux policies... I lost two days on them...
    I made Bluetooth and Audio Working (aaaand I don't know if videos were working before but now they do it :) ). The bad thing it's that, I don't know why, but "sleep mode" bug is here again :(
    Anyway I'm going to publish my build later ;)

EDIT: Some screenies attached ;)
    New build available. No new hardware working, this update's focus was mainly becoming a flashable zip. You guys asked for it, so here ya go. It flashed fine for me, I got an error about not being able to unmount data but it didn't affect anything. If you get this error, don't worry. I also modifed the build files to include the excluded CyanogenMod apps. The launcher is part of the ROM now, so Gapps aren't required anymore. Also, the CyanogenMod features are starting to be merged in. They added in a close all function for recent apps, which is covered by the on-screen buttons in portrait mode, which kind of annoys me :p Also a few new things in settings. Next release I'll start to work on the hardware, so stay tuned...
    I wouldn't have released this in this state. More stuff coming through gerrit today.
    Selinux changes are required to fix a lot of the issues by the way. Try using the default qcom/sepolicy tree instead of the board selinux.

Thanks for the contributions in gerrit.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone