[ROM][5.0.2] [25-Mar][39A] crDroid Lollipop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dnargsiefil

Sep 3, 2008
PLYMOUTH
Well I'm back to rooted and I used the iroot instructions ... efs has been backed up and goes onto the dropbox as well...
I will try to go directly from this stock build to 3/25 ... lets see how that works. Thanks for being with me throught this rough time... :)
Quick UPDATE

I'm back and very happy with the ROM 3/25 ... everything is currently working great.
I don't know exactly what brought my mobile data connection back, as I had reverted back to STOCK 4.2.2 with the LGFlashTool and it was stuck with that issue for almost 3h after that flash.
I did have phone call abilities and did call Verizon, to see if anything funny was up with the registraton of my phone on their network.
No solution came from that, as we postponed the analysis of the issue until later, I had since rebooted my phone many time... but all of a sudden a reboot occurred the the mobile data started working again.

I have since rooted the device again and running my crDroid rom again ... so far everything looks pretty good.

Nov 26, 2013
NFC /Google Wallet

Does tap to pay not work on this ROM . I have been on stock since I got my g2 a year ago..and hated their treatment of 5.0. crDroid is awesome...but I went to use my phone to tap to pay, and I saw that google wallet no longer had that option.

davud2

Sep 12, 2009
Quick UPDATE

I'm back and very happy with the ROM 3/25 ... everything is currently working great.
I don't know exactly what brought my mobile data connection back, as I had reverted back to STOCK 4.2.2 with the LGFlashTool and it was stuck with that issue for almost 3h after that flash.
I did have phone call abilities and did call Verizon, to see if anything funny was up with the registraton of my phone on their network.
No solution came from that, as we postponed the analysis of the issue until later, I had since rebooted my phone many time... but all of a sudden a reboot occurred the the mobile data started working again.

I have since rooted the device again and running my crDroid rom again ... so far everything looks pretty good.

Glad its working for you. Question: are you experiencing issues like GPS soft reboots when cellular service is active?

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Glad its working for you. Question: are you experiencing issues like GPS soft reboots when cellular service is active?

There's a few people that say they do, and a few that don't.

Your best bet at this point would be to take an hour and try it out. It won't hurt anything to try.

dnargsiefil

Sep 3, 2008
PLYMOUTH
There's a few people that say they do, and a few that don't.

Your best bet at this point would be to take an hour and try it out. It won't hurt anything to try.

I have to say, my phone runs solid as of right now, no reboots of any kind since I installed it brand new a couple days ago ... and I seem to have solved a few more issues I had come to accept, for instance:
- I could never call on my phone through Skype, it was totally garbled on the other side.
- my camera was doing funny things
I think as lawruss said... somewhere along the way I must have messed up with some radio installation or something a long time ago.

dnargsiefil

Sep 3, 2008
PLYMOUTH
Quick question... My screen doesn't rotate anymore and yes I toggle the rotate button in the pull down.
Any other setting I should be checking?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Free mobile app

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
Quick question... My screen doesn't rotate anymore and yes I toggle the rotate button in the pull down.

Flash stock 39A, get rotation and GPS sensors working, then nandroid back to this rom and rotation will be fixed. When we flash, we ignored \sns partition which has sensors data on in (newest TWRP 2.6.8.1and 2.6.8.0 now do back this partition up); thus, sometimes the rotation gets borked going from 12B to 28A to 39A and vice versa.

Reactions: dnargsiefil

flyinjoe13

Dec 23, 2010

Try this before going through the whole process of flashing the 39A stock ROM:

Using Root Explorer or any file manager, navigate to data/system. Delete the Sensors folder. Navigate to data/misc. Delete the Sensors folder. Navigate to Persist/Sensors. If you have a file named sns.reg, delete it. Reboot the phone and see if rotation is fixed.

I had the same rotation problem when I used Beanstalk. Following the above steps resolved my problem without have to revert back to stock first.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Wondering if there is anyone still using the version from 3/4/15 that could do me a favor. I removed the DocumentsUI app because I didn't think I needed it. Now the Downloads app won't open because it needs the DocumentsUI app. Could anyone still using the older version of the ROM upload it somewhere for me or post it here. Thanks.

dnargsiefil

Sep 3, 2008
PLYMOUTH

Using Root Explorer or any file manager, navigate to data/system. Delete the Sensors folder. Navigate to data/misc. Delete the Sensors folder. Navigate to Persist/Sensors. If you have a file named sns.reg, delete it. Reboot the phone and see if rotation is fixed.

I had the same rotation problem when I used Beanstalk. Following the above steps resolved my problem without have to revert back to stock first.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Wondering if there is anyone still using the version from 3/4/15 that could do me a favor. I removed the DocumentsUI app because I didn't think I needed it. Now the Downloads app won't open because it needs the DocumentsUI app. Could anyone still using the older version of the ROM upload it somewhere for me or post it here. Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately that did not fix my issue... I will go down the stock path and report back.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Flash stock 39A, get rotation and GPS sensors working, then nandroid back to this rom and rotation will be fixed. When we flash, we ignored \sns partition which has sensors data on in (newest TWRP 2.6.8.1and 2.6.8.0 now do back this partition up); thus, sometimes the rotation gets borked going from 12B to 28A to 39A and vice versa.

Thanks I'm back up with the nandroid restored and rotation is working now...

Y

Yoinx

Both those folders under /data would have been wiped with a clean flash. So you wouldn't have had an issue if you were clean flashing.

You should also never delete anything in your /persist or /persist-lg partitions unless you know exactly what you're doing. These partitions are never written when flashing roms. The rom might write to it during boot, but you're better off letting it handle that. Which, I'm fairly sure it's actually something in the baseband that writes to them. It just doesn't seem to do it correctly in aosp/cm roms. Which is where most people just recommend booting a stock based rom to get everything working. Which would have saved you the issues for the second part as well.

dnargsiefil

Sep 3, 2008
PLYMOUTH
I noticed for the past day or so, that I see my phone light up and when I look it seems as if it renews all the network and connectivity, like bluetooth and wifi connections. When it does that, it shows like no indicators in the status bar for the data, BT and wifi and then they come all back. This happens occasionally, anyone else seeing this?

9646gt

Feb 23, 2011
Is there a mirror for the old build please? I want to switch back seeing as how it was more stable. I think it was 20150216

Reactions: fordmanck

schwem

Oct 15, 2014
Auburn Hills
Is there a mirror for the old build please? I want to switch back seeing as how it was more stable. I think it was 20150216
I have 03/04 build thats based on 26a kitkat sources. All I can offer is a mega upload if you have mega

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

I have 03/04 build thats based on 26a kitkat sources. All I can offer is a mega upload if you have mega
If you dont have mega it only takes like 3 minutes to download and setup a new account plus you get like 50 gb of free cloud storage. Heres the link https://mega.co.nz/#!xZVXnYYZ!mJbee016L6pzVEjH9WT1mH89ry4XBsvE8oYcfg4-i98

Reactions: jesssiii

fordmanck

Feb 18, 2010
Seminole, FL
Really? Hmmm.. Temasek works perfect for me. I thought about going back but I don't have a reason.
I was having issues with two things. Group texts through hangouts were giving me a hard time sending and I am in 3-4 daily. The other thing was not having the built in ad blocker. I hate the only two options available as they just don't work near as well. It's all about how we use our phones as to what works best for who. :)

schwem

Oct 15, 2014
Auburn Hills
I was having issues with two things. Group texts through hangouts were giving me a hard time sending and I am in 3-4 daily. The other thing was not having the built in ad blocker. I hate the only two options available as they just don't work near as well. It's all about how we use our phones as to what works best for who. :)
Yeah you are correct. I could see the group text thing being a deal breaker if you use it. Fortunately for me I don't plus ad blocker is always conflicting for me when it comes to downloading or opening certain things so I never enable it when it's included anyways so you are right. It's all a matter of how we use our devices. Looks like Temasek based on cm 12.1 sources is a no go for now so we'll need to wait to see if that becomes available whether or not the issues you were faced with will or wont be an issue.

Reactions: fordmanck

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
Yeah you are correct. I could see the group text thing being a deal breaker if you use it. Fortunately for me I don't plus ad blocker is always conflicting for me when it comes to downloading or opening certain things so I never enable it when it's included anyways so you are right. It's all a matter of how we use our devices. Looks like Temasek based on cm 12.1 sources is a no go for now so we'll need to wait to see if that becomes available whether or not the issues you were faced with will or wont be an issue.

Newest AOD by Nobe1 is 39A and does not cause soft reboots with GPS. U should try it:good:

flyinjoe13

Dec 23, 2010
Not sure this is the correct place to ask this, but since I am using this ROM at the moment, I am going to ask it here. Although I am still on the version from 3-4-15 because it is the best ROM I have ever used in terms of performance and stability and I have yet to read what benefit I would get from the 39A bootstack to make it worth switching to a ROM that uses it.

My Verizon contract runs out in another month and in an effort to save some money, I was considering switching to T-Mobile or AT&T because both have good coverage in my area, would reduce my bill by about $30 a month and my G2 would work on their network so I wouldn't have to change phones. Problem is, I don't know what that means for using this ROM. Was this ROM designed to work on or communicate only with Verizon's network? Would changing carriers mean I would be forced to change to a ROM designed for AT&T or T-Mobile? And what does that mean for trying out future ROMs. Would I still come to the Verizon forum to get compatible ROMs because they are the ones made for the VS980?

I guess what I am asking is if anyone has ever used their VS980 on another carriers network and what problems or drawbacks have you had?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

All the source code for crDroid is available in the Github repo. And if you would like to contribute feel free to pull a request.

Rom features

• Nav bar tweaks (on/off toggle and custom dimensions);
    • HeadsUP
    • Network Traffic
    • Animated rotation tile;
    • Wake up on plug;
    • Development shortcut;
    • Clock and time clickable in expanded status bar;
    • Notification ticker;
    • Quick unlock;
    • PIN keypad shuffler;
    • Custom lockscreen shortcuts;
    • Answer calls with hardware home button;
    • Status bar clock tweaks (right, center or hide clock with many dates formats to show. Custom colors included);
    • Notifications counter;
    • Volume keys wake the device;
    • Ability to hide the alarm clock icon from status bar;
    • Dialer Lookup;
    • Profiles form CyanogenMod (new merges and lollipop style);
    • Protected apps (using trebuchet launcher);
    • Filter spam notifications;
    • CyanogenMod SuperUser;
    • Clear all button in recent panel with custom option (hide, top right or top left);
    • Privacy guard from CyanogenMod;
    • Quick settings pull down with one finger (right, left or off);
    • Smart pull down;
    • Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation;
    • Toggle to not allow quick settings on secure lockscreen;
    • Brightness control through status bar;
    • Double tap status bar sleep;
    • Data activity indicators;
    • Call blacklist support;
    • Increasing ring tone;
    • In call vibrations;
    • Ambient display (DOZE features);
    • Advanced reboot menu;
    • Option to hide adb notification;
    • Screen shot quick delete with confirmation;
    • Long press back to kill with configurable timeout;
    • Less frequent notifications sound;
    • Advanced keyboard features (auto rotation with timeout, disable full screen, selector notification, show enter key, volume key cursor control);
    • New Eleven music player and AudioFX from CyanogenMod;
    • Theme Chooser;
    • Customizable quicksettings;
    • Among others. For more infor visit our github

crDroid custom features manual

Here you can find a quick "how to" reach all crDroid custom features. Many of those features also have sub settings, so go into them and check!

Screenshots
    http://crdroid.org/?page_id=472

crDroid official website
    url=http://crdroid.org/

First time installing crDroid , or coming from another ROM:
    Make sure that you are on VS980 39A modem/bootstack
    Ensure your sensors, 4G/LTE, and GPS are working 100%, then backup your phone and EFS partition

- Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (CWM or TWRP)
    - Copy GApps and crDroid zip to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET
    - Flash crDroid zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Builds and full support:
    https://plus.google.com/communities...aa3e7d81-bf88-4973-9638-d5b0cd003b2d?hl=pt_br

ROM
    http://fs1.androidfilesharing.com/ae8894e88c2e71cd

Google Apps:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934543422

Special Thanks:
    - Google
    - CyanogenMod
    - Cristiano Matos
    - JackpotClavin
    - SlimRoms
    - @kufikugel
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - @temasek
    - @faux123
    - @show-p1984
    - @neobuddy89
    - @flar2
    - @Tasssadar
    - @Mazda
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][5.0.2] [25-Mar][39A] crDroid Lollipop, ROM for the Verizon LG G2

Contributors
    amit_sen, cristiano matos
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2015-03-04

Created 2014-12-15
    Last Updated 2015-03-25
    Okk Guys, thanks a lot for liking the ROM.
    Really happy to see u guys sticking to this ROM and even recommending it to others as well.
    Well the next release which iam running will be 5.0.2 :D:D
    It will have working NFC, battery % , lockscreen shortcut, gesture anywhere, wakelock detector etc among others ;)
    Will try to upload it b4 XMas as a gift from me to this community.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2
    Sweet! Lets see it! I'd be willing to test for you on vs980 on verizon network[emoji2]

I'm definitely interested in this. Thanks for all your development by the way, I've been following this thread and your work is appreciated

ROM: ? Validus 5.0.2
    KRNL: ? Blackbird
    RCVRY: ? TWRP 2.8.4.0
    PHONE: ? VS980

Guys its better if u hit THANKS button rather than posting iam interested.
    Dont need to PM me ;)

New build is UP :D
    NJoy !!

Sound should be on par with JP's CM11 or better ;)

http://fs1.androidfilesharing.com/b3f3a3862ae4b0bf

HIT THANKS button if you feel/want ...
    Thnx a lot guys for liking the ROM and helping each other out :thumbup:

Any interest in a completely new ROM using JC's sources. Based on AOSP with RRO Layers suppprt. Iam running it for the past 4 weeks without any issues. This rom is not available for any variant of G2 family till now as far as i know ;);)

Depending upon the interest i will decide :D