• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [5.0.2] [AICP] [OFFICIAL] [TRLTESPR] [TRLTEUSC]

Search This thread

ComputerGuy19

Jun 12, 2014
US
AICP ROM won't work with G apps crashes as soon as it boots

Yeah is mostly the same

I'm not sure what to say I've flashed each one of those packages with a problem..
You need to wipe flash rom and gapps then reboot

listen I am so sorry for driving you crazy like I said I've been doing this for a long time and this gets very frustrating I have the latest twrp recovery somebody told me to have twrp2 recovery I have no idea what the differences are I'm currently on recovery 2. 8. 6. 0 which is the latest recovery for this anyway I flash the ROM AICP I did a wipe on everything except the external and internal sd card the ROM boots up fine without the Gapps but as soon as I install the Gapps it says Google services not responding and it keeps popping up over and over and it does not allow me to access the rom this is extremely frustrating like I said the ROM boots up fine but what's the point of using it if I don't have Google Apps it's like a rom without the Play Store all I need is the Gapps to work and it doesn't make any sense that it doesn't detect my SD card none of my photos or data will load any suggestions on getting the SD card to work but most of all I need the Gapps to work I have the Sprint note 4 I've been using kk roms for awhile this is my first lollipop rom I don't know if that has anything to do with it all I need is my sd card to work and the Gapps and so far it is not working whatever g apps is working for you can you please send me the link to it thank you for reading this whole thing this is extremely frustrating the rom works fine anything added to it does not please help????

meshkat200198

Feb 7, 2015
Las Vegas
google apps crash on bootup

Hello,

Im also getting the "unfortunately google apps crashed" on bootup. I tried to flash the rom a couple of times and I still got this message every time.
I used the GAP by eurosank that was suggested by SPLEEF, and Im also on stock kernel.
any idea on what im doing wrong, or what the issue might be?

thanks in advance for any advice.

mali85

Jan 1, 2011
AICP 5.1

Been using thins ROM for last 2 days and it's smooth and fast, only few issues
1. Massaging app issue after 1 day ( was not able to send messages to Apple devices, worked fine for android ) installed 3rd party app and works fine
2. Not able to watch video YouTube or any other website.

Will update on if any issues later

Thanks @spleef

treo4life

Dec 27, 2007
Atlanta, Ga.
listen I am so sorry for driving you crazy like I said I've been doing this for a long time and this gets very frustrating I have the latest twrp recovery somebody told me to have twrp2 recovery I have no idea what the differences are I'm currently on recovery 2. 8. 6. 0 which is the latest recovery for this anyway I flash the ROM AICP I did a wipe on everything except the external and internal sd card the ROM boots up fine without the Gapps but as soon as I install the Gapps it says Google services not responding and it keeps popping up over and over and it does not allow me to access the rom this is extremely frustrating like I said the ROM boots up fine but what's the point of using it if I don't have Google Apps it's like a rom without the Play Store all I need is the Gapps to work and it doesn't make any sense that it doesn't detect my SD card none of my photos or data will load any suggestions on getting the SD card to work but most of all I need the Gapps to work I have the Sprint note 4 I've been using kk roms for awhile this is my first lollipop rom I don't know if that has anything to do with it all I need is my sd card to work and the Gapps and so far it is not working whatever g apps is working for you can you please send me the link to it thank you for reading this whole thing this is extremely frustrating the rom works fine anything added to it does not please help????

What version of Gapps are you using? 5.0 or 5.1?

hibby50

Jan 26, 2008
forum.ppcgeeks.com
Been using thins ROM for last 2 days and it's smooth and fast, only few issues
1. Massaging app issue after 1 day ( was not able to send messages to Apple devices, worked fine for android ) installed 3rd party app and works fine
2. Not able to watch video YouTube or any other website.

Will update on if any issues later

Thanks @spleef

Also flashlight from notification drawer and bluetooth share crashing. plus in call mute no worky

on another note the latest 5.1 and 5.0 builds haven't had gps or me for a while actually. is it like that for everyone? it locks but in navigation it loses connection almost immediately.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

also i am getting random reboots and in call fcs on the last few builds of 5.0
EDIT: DOUBLE EDIT: i'll keep updating

Cleaner list of the problems i found on 5.1 Unofficial 4/5:

• random reboots
  • camera app cannot connect (snapchat does)
  • flashlight broken
  • no mute in calls
  • have to do data fix at times
  • bluetoothshare crashes
  • gps? (maybe just me)
  • also had an issue where my wifi wouldnt connect. soft reboot solved it

Last edited:

Spark91

Feb 17, 2013
Minneapolis
Euroskank updated all gapps packages, he's working on 5.1 now.

Since TKRuzze is out of the game ( may he live a wonderful life! ) I'd suggest using jajb's minimal edition gapps found here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/gapps-google-apps-minimal-edition-t2943330

Follow instructions and download the correct version.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Also flashlight from notification drawer and bluetooth share crashing. plus in call mute no worky

on another note the latest 5.1 and 5.0 builds haven't had gps or me for a while actually. is it like that for everyone? it locks but in navigation it loses connection almost immediately.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

also i am getting random reboots and in call fcs on the last few builds of 5.0
EDIT: DOUBLE EDIT: i'll keep updating

Cleaner list of the problems i found on 5.1 Unofficial 4/5:

• random reboots
    camera app cannot connect (snapchat does)
    flashlight broken
    no mute in calls
    have to do data fix at times
    bluetoothshare crashes
    gps? (maybe just me)
    also had an issue where my wifi wouldnt connect. soft reboot solved it

You need to flash to official touchwiz get a lock then flash aosp, camera is connected to flashlight, if one or the other has issues, they both won't work, for data fixes add the LTE toggle to quick settings, you can turn that on and off to fix the data / messaging issues.

For the other stuff, log cat and upload so spleef will check out what's the FC causes.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Try the gapps on post #186.

Last edited:

bckoolaid

Jan 28, 2011
Missouri

Is the device detecting your Sd card and just not showing anything or does it not read at all? In the past with AOSP and the like roms, it indexes differently so if you use a file explorer you can see where its pointing to for pictures then move the files from where they are located to that folder. Usually shows up as sdcard0 and everything is blank but going up a directory should have all your stuff.

ComputerGuy19

Jun 12, 2014
US
Do you have any other way to contact

Is the device detecting your Sd card and just not showing anything or does it not read at all? In the past with AOSP and the like roms, it indexes differently so if you use a file explorer you can see where its pointing to for pictures then move the files from where they are located to that folder. Usually shows up as sdcard0 and everything is blank but going up a directory should have all your stuff.

Is there anyway we can talk because the issues i am having are too confusing to explain do you have a skype or a cell number im having a huge problem with this AICP rom talking may fix my issue completely i would appreciate it if you can help please let me know
:confused:

sliverr7x

Apr 9, 2008
Eau Claire
Google Pixel 6 Pro
How about u stay on a stock tw rom and read read read and learn before you u go and deal with cm roms.. cm rom are not for the weak at heart i want my phone to run 100 correct and perfect all the time there is so much trial and error with cm that u have to over come and learn...

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Reactions: [◣_◢]╭∩╮

nativesmiley

Mar 4, 2011
Having issues with CM12.1 Roms. I have reboots and music won't play after awhile, can't watch videos and when I get reboots, it is constant. Have to wipe delvik and cache and/or reflash everything. Anyone have any idea why its like this or am I flashing something wrong

hibby50

Jan 26, 2008
forum.ppcgeeks.com
Having issues with CM12.1 Roms. I have reboots and music won't play after awhile, can't watch videos and when I get reboots, it is constant. Have to wipe delvik and cache and/or reflash everything. Anyone have any idea why its like this or am I flashing something wrong

5.1 is still under major development by the big guys. I'm super excited for new versions tho

Sent from my trltespr using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: pstarkey001

OfficialCMay

Sep 17, 2013
does anyone have any other work around for the data issue other then *#*#4636#*#*? im on the latest nightly and still have no data access just signal bars with an exclamation mark next to it :(

Spark91

Feb 17, 2013
Minneapolis
does anyone have any other work around for the data issue other then *#*#4636#*#*? im on the latest nightly and still have no data access just signal bars with an exclamation mark next to it :(

Builds after Apr 7th seem to have this issue, so if for some reason you lose it, after a certain amount of time you'll end up having data again until you connect to a different tower. This is what was happening to me.

OfficialCMay

Sep 17, 2013
So i pretty much just have to wait until i get data back? that kinda stinks. Or i guess i could just go back to a build before the 7th

arrogant437

Mar 18, 2011
Roms running good fo me. II'm not having the data issues just the GPS issue. GPS status app from the play store does allow navigation to work tho. I read that earlier in this thread I think. Works for me

Reactions: pstarkey001

mali85

Jan 1, 2011
04/18 build runs awesome going on 1 weeks now with no major issues - only Facebook app is causing reboots. sms and data is working fine

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New update here AICP 5.1.1r6 July 14 http://www.emo-troid.com/page2.html Rom is really smooth & snappy... working great + no SMS/MMS fix needed.

Sent from my trltespr using Tapatalk

GhQyhHk.png
    AICP​
    Android Ice Cold Project​

AICP is known by everyone as Ice Cold Project that started on Desire HD and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, Rom has always been AOKP based. Unfortunately, since AOKP either stopped development or will make a comeback later this year, we changed our base to CM when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them or CM team if it concerns their modifications. This rom isn't CM supported so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!

3ueQ7DH.png
    In the beginning we would like to thank:
    • CM team
    • maxwen
    • SlimBean rom team
    • CarbonRom team
    • LiquidSmooth rom team
    • Omni rom team
    • DU team
    • Community

ISn0uXd.png
    • @LorD ClockaN
    • @zipsnet
    • @n3ocort3x
    • @semdoc
    • @eyosen
    • @alienmind
    • @Chezbel
    • @Drgravy
    • @eboye

K2p0Hv4.png

We are now paying for servers that build nightlies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

3U7XWsV.png

Latest Stable Release Version 8

Official Download link

Unofficial Builds Link

VTVKEeK.png

Full Changelog link

b5b2bXK.png
    • SMS (requires a workaround for the moment follow instructions in post #3 for setting it up)
    • Don't disable Heads-Up. You wont be able to answer phone calls otherwise.
    • You tell... :p

kfCXFCX.png
    ROMS should contain everything you need to enjoy Lollipop. You are not required to install any Add Ons, simply download the latest ROM, gapps, flash it, and go!
    You are STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup - these can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience strange behavior.

How to flash:

• Don't do it if you don't know it
    • ROM has gapps persistance in between dirty flashes

KERNEL:
    Kernel in this rom follows CM source with custom additions.

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA:
    To be able to flash over OTA app, TWRP recovery is needed.
    You can still use CWM and OTA app, but only to download zip file and flash it manually from within recovery. Zip gets saved under AICP_ota folder on your internal SDcard.

If you want to contribute to the AICP or wanna see what is being worked on/merge feel free to visit our gerrit, link is at the bottom!!!

F6DLgPu.png

IceColdJelly AICP G+ community

kernel github
    rom gerrit

You want to see a normal night at the DEV office, click here!!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [5.0.2] [AICP] [OFFICIAL], ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    spleef, drcrimzon, nivron, slayher
    Source Code: https://github.com/spleef

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2015-01-30
    Last Updated 2015-02-13
    I uploaded aicp 5.1 4/18 earlier
    Any fix for 64gb cards yet?

No issue like that with aicp is only in slim based roms....aicp is cm based

And you wonder why dev get so mad and discouraged is because of that when 99 percent its user error and rom work just fine thanks again spleef awesome job

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Thank you bud am going to upload a fresh 5.1 build right now give like 10 minutes should be good to go