[ROM][5.0.2][CM12 - Android L][LRX22G] Version 1.0.0 - [8/03/2015] - Native LED's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Stephen

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee Ban Time!
Staff member
HZVy47m.png

CM12 ROM that has all the features of CM12, but with the stock look of Android L

I have been using @scrosler thread in the General section to learn how to build a ROM. All credit goes to him. With his guide, I was able to learn how to build a custom ROM from source. I want to thank him and the users on his thread for answering a lot of questions!

I like the stock look of Android L, but also like the features that come with CM12. So to that end I have mixed the two. A CM12 based ROM that looks like stock Android L including all of the features in CM12.

Disclaimer:
I am not responsible for any damage done to your device, thermal nuclear war etc. Please use at your own risk. Your warranty may be affected if you install a custom rom.

2DJiLwu.png
C5eAsyw.png

Code:
[SIZE=3][B]Features include[/B][/SIZE]
 CM12 Rom
 CM12 Kernel 
 APM
 CM12 Themes
 [B]CM12 Privacy guard and root access
 CM12 Led and notification lights[/B] 
 More

[SIZE=3][B]My additions include[/B] [/SIZE]
 Stock Android L boot animation
 Stock Android L wallpaper
 CM12 text messaging app icon changed to stock Android L
 Disabled encryption
 Removed recovery
 A few more tweaks

Install instructions:

Unlock
Install TWRP
Install ROM
Install GAPS

This rom has been my first real attempt at building a ROM, so I thought I would share it. I plan to update when I can and add more features when I can as well. I am still new to building roms and wanted to say a big thank you to scrosler and other users in his thread that helped me learn the basics. I also plan to release a guide similar to scrosler's on building CM12 from source as well. This ROM is designed to show the results of building from source.

I hope you enjoy the rom, if you have any further improvements, please let me know on the thread, I will see if I can implement them.

Credits:
scrosler & GROGG88 - for their amazing guide on building AOSP
eagleeyetom - for his help in teaching me how to use GitHub

Last edited:

VECTUS

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 26, 2010
Kansas City, Mo.
xdaforums.com
Great work here Bro... Booted up fine and seems to work quite well! Also, I'm sure you may have already noticed but the rom and gapps dl links are reversed... :D. And Thank you sir for sharing your work!!:good::good::good:

Reactions: Stephen and micmars

Stephen

Staff member
Great work here Bro... Booted up fine and seems to work quite well! Also, I'm sure you may have already noticed but the rom and gapps dl links are reversed... :D. And Thank you sir for sharing your work!!:good::good::good:

Good spot thanks! I will get that fixed now. As noted the OP is still under construction :D Links should be sorted now!
OK have to apologize. I didn't see the number of posts from u. Lol I guess I need to investigate a little more before opening my mouth. But thanks for the new build. Time for me to get back on board of trying to build one myself. Have a great day!

No worries, It has been a long time since I have really developed anything. I did do an android ROM for the HTC sensation and I did a lot of work originally for the awesome HTC HD2 and released a kitchen for wm6.5 so people could build their own ROMS! This is my first real attempt at building a ROM from source :D

Last edited:

alwayslookingforanswers

Dec 20, 2011
Houston Tx.
img15.imageshack.us
Good spot thanks! I will get that fixed now. As noted the OP is still under construction :D Links should be sorted now!

No worries, It has been a long time since I have really developed anything. I did do an android ROM for the HTC sensation and I did a lot of work originally for the awesome HTC HD2 and released a kitchen for wm6.5 so people could build their own ROMS! This is my first real attempt at building a ROM from source :D

No way, now I remember you. With the Kitchen for windows. It was when I first started looking into rooting devices. Back then I was total noob! I believe I had bought the HTC HD 2. I thougt it was a awesome device at the time and huge screen. Didn't really care for the windows but to each their own. I didn't have a clue one what this was all about back then. I act as if it was 50 years ago. Lol

Stephen

Staff member
No way, now I remember you. With the Kitchen for windows. It was when I first started looking into rooting devices. Back then I was total noob! I believe I had bought the HTC HD 2. I thougt it was a awesome device at the time and huge screen. Didn't really care for the windows but to each their own. I didn't have a clue one what this was all about back then. I act as if it was 50 years ago. Lol

Yea back in the day, I was called GhostXSeries it was a lot of fun working on those kitchen builds for WM 6.5! I still have my HD2 around some-ware, couldn't bare to part with it :D My dad still uses his as a second phone!

alwayslookingforanswers

Dec 20, 2011
Houston Tx.
img15.imageshack.us
Yea back in the day, I was called GhostXSeries it was a lot of fun working on those kitchen builds for WM 6.5! I still have my HD2 around some-ware, couldn't bare to part with it :D My dad still uses his as a second phone!

Awesome, amazing how times fly's by. So glad I traded in that POS NOTE 4 and got a real device. It has giving me a chance to look back on life. Has made me smile today, and has even giving me the ability to admit to myself why certain things are in our past and how that's the way they were intended to be. Really man thanks a million for this. It has really made my day! :laugh: :D:D:D

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

I also have to add in there. Hate admitting it but that is the way I am about my Skyrocket. I had some of my best times on here with it. I flashed that thing so many times softed bricked it a million times over. But it helped give me the knowledge for my endeavors now a days. I love that little thing. Been beat up and everything else but still works blazing fast today.

Stephen

Staff member
I have now created a guide on how to build CM12 from source here: [Guide][9/3/2015] Building CM12 for the Nexus 6 Shamu If you like CM12 and want to build your own ROM it is definitely worth a look! Also to those who have downloaded the rom, I would appreciate some feedback on how it is! This is my first real attempt at building a rom from source!

I have decided to close this thread. I am going to be only working on AOSP 5.1 source and using it as my main ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mistertac
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HZVy47m.png

CM12 ROM that has all the features of CM12, but with the stock look of Android L

I have been using @scrosler thread in the General section to learn how to build a ROM. All credit goes to him. With his guide, I was able to learn how to build a custom ROM from source. I want to thank him and the users on his thread for answering a lot of questions!

I like the stock look of Android L, but also like the features that come with CM12. So to that end I have mixed the two. A CM12 based ROM that looks like stock Android L including all of the features in CM12.

Disclaimer:
    I am not responsible for any damage done to your device, thermal nuclear war etc. Please use at your own risk. Your warranty may be affected if you install a custom rom.

2DJiLwu.png
    C5eAsyw.png

Code:
    [SIZE=3][B]Features include[/B][/SIZE]
     CM12 Rom
     CM12 Kernel 
     APM
     CM12 Themes
     [B]CM12 Privacy guard and root access
     CM12 Led and notification lights[/B] 
     More

[SIZE=3][B]My additions include[/B] [/SIZE]
     Stock Android L boot animation
     Stock Android L wallpaper
     CM12 text messaging app icon changed to stock Android L
     Disabled encryption
     Removed recovery
     A few more tweaks

Install instructions:

Unlock
    Install TWRP
    Install ROM
    Install GAPS

This rom has been my first real attempt at building a ROM, so I thought I would share it. I plan to update when I can and add more features when I can as well. I am still new to building roms and wanted to say a big thank you to scrosler and other users in his thread that helped me learn the basics. I also plan to release a guide similar to scrosler's on building CM12 from source as well. This ROM is designed to show the results of building from source.

I hope you enjoy the rom, if you have any further improvements, please let me know on the thread, I will see if I can implement them.

Credits:
    scrosler & GROGG88 - for their amazing guide on building AOSP
    eagleeyetom - for his help in teaching me how to use GitHub

OK have to apologize. I didn't see the number of posts from u. Lol I guess I need to investigate a little more before opening my mouth. But thanks for the new build. Time for me to get back on board of trying to build one myself. Have a great day!

I have now created a guide on how to build CM12 from source here: [Guide][9/3/2015] Building CM12 for the Nexus 6 Shamu If you like CM12 and want to build your own ROM it is definitely worth a look! Also to those who have downloaded the rom, I would appreciate some feedback on how it is! This is my first real attempt at building a rom from source!

I have decided to close this thread. I am going to be only working on AOSP 5.1 source and using it as my main ROM.