Votes: 48 26.8%
  • Other

Votes: 43 24.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

razholio

Mar 18, 2011
Is CM12.1 in the cards?

I just got a D800 for my son, and of course plan on putting CM on it. CM12 should do just fine, but I'm curious if CM12.1 is even an option. I've searched through the thread, and aside from getting the right modem on there, it looks like CM12 is running pretty well. Is this what most of you are seeing?

I had a D850 on CM12.1 and it was fantastic aside from a couple nuisance bugs, and currently on my note4 and it is spectacular there. I've got high hopes for CM12(.1) on the D800.

LitrosNub

Mar 15, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
I just got a D800 for my son, and of course plan on putting CM on it. CM12 should do just fine, but I'm curious if CM12.1 is even an option. I've searched through the thread, and aside from getting the right modem on there, it looks like CM12 is running pretty well. Is this what most of you are seeing?

I had a D850 on CM12.1 and it was fantastic aside from a couple nuisance bugs, and currently on my note4 and it is spectacular there. I've got high hopes for CM12(.1) on the D800.
It isn't worth it, there is only CM12 and it still uses Loki (Or Jellybean sources) so it's very outdated in terms on how good it could be.

I would try something like Blisspop or EuphoriaOS or a Stock-Based Lollipop ROM. There is news about it using BUMP! (KK and LP Sources) but it hasn't been included yet. I wouldn't use it.

Although it is your opinion.

faheyd

Dec 29, 2011
Reno NV
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 8
It isn't worth it, there is only CM12 and it still uses Loki (Or Jellybean sources) so it's very outdated in terms on how good it could be.

I would try something like Blisspop or EuphoriaOS or a Stock-Based Lollipop ROM. There is news about it using BUMP! (KK and LP Sources) but it hasn't been included yet. I wouldn't use it.

What phone was your response to, the D800 or D850 ?

luchardi

May 25, 2012
Capital Federal
I'm having a los very low audio when I send a audio message vía whatsapp, there is any fix for that? Thanks.

Enviado desde mi LG-D800 mediante Tapatalk

razholio

Mar 18, 2011

I'm not sure I understand where you are coming from. Loki is just a technique to modify the kernel (boot.img) to trick the locked bootloader on the D800 into booting it despite it not being an OEM kernel image. CM12 is lolipop, but perhaps the kernel sources are still from JB? The only thing that is required to have anything todo with JB is the bootloader and radio from the jellybean version of the original OEM firmware as this behaves better with CM. Bump also has nothing todo with the sources of the firmware. Bump just uses the LG key that they left in the bootloader to sign *any* kernel image for booting by the LG locked bootloader. I used Bumped CM11 and CM12 firmware images on my D850.

I'm more interested in how well CM12 works on the D800 for day-to-day operations. Does it get good signal, run fast, good camera, no SOD or random reboots, etc.

LitrosNub

Mar 15, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
I'm not sure I understand where you are coming from. Loki is just a technique to modify the kernel (boot.img) to trick the locked bootloader on the D800 into booting it despite it not being an OEM kernel image. CM12 is lolipop, but perhaps the kernel sources are still from JB? The only thing that is required to have anything todo with JB is the bootloader and radio from the jellybean version of the original OEM firmware as this behaves better with CM. Bump also has nothing todo with the sources of the firmware. Bump just uses the LG key that they left in the bootloader to sign *any* kernel image for booting by the LG locked bootloader. I used Bumped CM11 and CM12 firmware images on my D850.

I'm more interested in how well CM12 works on the D800 for day-to-day operations. Does it get good signal, run fast, good camera, no SOD or random reboots, etc.
Oh that, it's pretty decent, but like I've said. Not as stable. There are much more stable ROM's around than CM12. CM12 is really laking behind...

Source: I used it for a month then switched to Blisspop, way less issues and more features.

Lanchon

Jun 19, 2011

actually what it means is that u need JB bootloader, which limits your options for the radio and the rest of the firmware. BUMPing the kernel would be easy, but what good would that make without further development?

there are a lot of D800s out there, there should be top notch support but there isnt. CM12.1 is not available. stock 5.0.2 is available but AFAIK the CM12 kernel is based on JB's kernel, not stock lolli's.

btw, has LG complied and released the kernel sources? i dont even know that.

regarding bugs: i dont have the device but ive set up a couple for friends and feedback has been good.

this is what i gathered: its stable, but there r two bugs:

1) the mic-to-android (not the mic to phone call) connection is buggy. android apps are led to think that the mike is stereo, and receive actual sound on the left channel and only low volume noise on the right one. (whatsapp audio messages actually record in stereo, and u can listen to the issue if u receive the msgs using headphones.) on top of this, the mic gain is set too low.

2) the latest radio you can use is "10o" (old!). anything newer and you loose the accelerometer. its probably possible to do a mashup: new radio with old sensor driver. but since i dont have the device, i cant do it.

3) overnight the phone can disconnect from data or wifi, showing an exclamation mark in the corresponding status bar icon. solution is switch on off airplane mode. this is probably linked to the use of old radios.

any alternative to CM should be judged on these 3 points IMHO. if anybody has info on how alternatives work, please post. im in a position where i have to choose roms for 3 friends but i cant experiment, and they expect things to work :)

vigorito

Mar 11, 2010
Can anyone give the answer,how is possible that i lost root and i cant access twrp recovery,offcourse i was rooted and offcourse i installed twrp and yes im running this rom for about 2 weeks,titanium root and root checker apps are saying root acces is not properly installed,and i cant enter twrp holding power button and volume minus or plus,very weird

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Crumplet

Sep 20, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
Can anyone give the answer,how is possible that i lost root and i cant access twrp recovery,offcourse i was rooted and offcourse i installed twrp and yes im running this rom for about 2 weeks,titanium root and root checker apps are saying root acces is not properly installed,and i cant enter twrp holding power button and volume minus or plus,very weird

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Download reboot recovery from play store.And next time dont reboot after installing rom to flash a lolipop bootstack.

vigorito

Mar 11, 2010
No,its just option under developer tools, root access is disabled by default in rom settings,just change to access app and adb

bigzdog

Dec 12, 2009
WIFI roaming disconnects between APs

LG G2 d800
Currently running cm-12-20150715-NIGHTLY-d800 but had same issue on Blisspop 3.6

We have many wireless APs at my work to cover the entire campus. My problem is the phone will not roam between them when screen is off.

1. Arrive at work - phone connects to wifi and stays connected until #2
2. Walk to other end of building, which is out of range of original AP, but on the walk I pass by 3 more APs which the phone should connect to. It has strong signal.
3. Phone wifi will remain disconnected and use mobile data until screen is turned on. At that time it will immediately connect. The longest I have tested is a couple hours. Even after I return to my desk, it will remain using mobile data until screen is turned on.

Wifi is set to always be on

What can I do so the phone will use the wifi that is available instead of using my data?

razholio

Mar 18, 2011
I can't seem to get my phone to reliably lock when screen off despite having the time to lock set to immediately and lock on power button press turned on. Is this a bug that was fixed in a nightly after the snapshot?

dr4stic

Oct 18, 2009
a change is a' comin

FYI: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/104986/

The cm12.1 d80[01,2,3] builds have been approved for nightlies. People are going to get excited. There are some things you should all be aware of.

• The builds are bumped, not lokified
  • This isn't the same adapted JB/KK kernel as on cm12, it's the CAF lollipop kernel
  • You should NOT simply upgrade from cm12.0, a clean cm12.1 install should be followed
  • There's a lollipop bootstack that should be installed for this, the builds will NOT install if it isn't present

From my experience, this release will be far more stable than 12.0, probably owing to the fact that it isn't based on the JB kernel. The CAF nature of the new kernel means that you can't just upgrade from 12 to 12.1. It also means that the stock LP radio (and KK radio) will work just fine without modification, no need for special "AOSP" versions. There are asserts on the install that will keep the build from installing without the right bootstack. I'll post back once I know where the upload for that is finalized.

The only real-ish issues I've had are: 1) full on UI crashes (looks like a reboot) during calls, most likely because I didn't realize that my phone was on the KK bootstack (haven't seen this bug since upgrading my bootstack); 2) Kernel uses stock G2 lollipop power driver for the chargers, which means it will be less forgiving to crappy chargers. When I upgraded to 12.1, my charger went from charging my phone fully in a couple of hours, to requiring 8 hours or more. If you see this after the upgrade, switch to a better charger. Unless you can personally dedicate the time to port the modification from the last kernel, it is unlikely to be "fixed".

I'm posting this because I'm concerned that people will just go and flash this all willy-nilly, and that is more than likely a bad idea.

That being said, I'm fairly certain the upgrade is worth it for all curious parties. And as always, do a full backup before attempting ANYTHING and have a full backout plan ready in case you royally screw up your phone.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

I wanted so long to have Stock CM12 for my LG G2 D800, and here it is !!!!
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

How to install CM12 on D800
    1: At first you must be on custom recovery (newest as possible) with KKbased Modem like THIS or 10O Radio
    1a: Download files below (ROM, gapps) place them in sdcard
    2: Reboot in to recovery, Take a nandroid backup!!!
    3: wipe data/factory reset, for philz users "Clean to install New rom"
    4: flash latest CM12 D800 ROM
    5: Flash gapps
    6: Reboot and ENJOY

Rom: LatestCM12-Nightlies
    LP-Gapps: Google Apps by CM or pa-gapps-5.0.1-modular-nano-2015-03-15

Enabling ROOT Access: Go to
    Settings/About Phone/ tap 7 times "Build Number" to enable Developer Options
    As Developer Options are enabled go to Developer Options/Root Access and select desired one ...

Known BUGS: dont know from your posts i will add here

Thanks goes To:
    CyanogenMod team for awesome work
    TKruzze for gapps

P.S. I do NOT want Donations, Just TAP: "Thank you" BUTTON
    a change is a' comin

FYI: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/104986/

The cm12.1 d80[01,2,3] builds have been approved for nightlies. People are going to get excited. There are some things you should all be aware of.

• The builds are bumped, not lokified
    • This isn't the same adapted JB/KK kernel as on cm12, it's the CAF lollipop kernel
    • You should NOT simply upgrade from cm12.0, a clean cm12.1 install should be followed
    • There's a lollipop bootstack that should be installed for this, the builds will NOT install if it isn't present

From my experience, this release will be far more stable than 12.0, probably owing to the fact that it isn't based on the JB kernel. The CAF nature of the new kernel means that you can't just upgrade from 12 to 12.1. It also means that the stock LP radio (and KK radio) will work just fine without modification, no need for special "AOSP" versions. There are asserts on the install that will keep the build from installing without the right bootstack. I'll post back once I know where the upload for that is finalized.

The only real-ish issues I've had are: 1) full on UI crashes (looks like a reboot) during calls, most likely because I didn't realize that my phone was on the KK bootstack (haven't seen this bug since upgrading my bootstack); 2) Kernel uses stock G2 lollipop power driver for the chargers, which means it will be less forgiving to crappy chargers. When I upgraded to 12.1, my charger went from charging my phone fully in a couple of hours, to requiring 8 hours or more. If you see this after the upgrade, switch to a better charger. Unless you can personally dedicate the time to port the modification from the last kernel, it is unlikely to be "fixed".

I'm posting this because I'm concerned that people will just go and flash this all willy-nilly, and that is more than likely a bad idea.

That being said, I'm fairly certain the upgrade is worth it for all curious parties. And as always, do a full backup before attempting ANYTHING and have a full backout plan ready in case you royally screw up your phone.
    Hope so... I've been waiting so long time, for that..
    And decided to post anyway, thought would help someone..

Yeah, it should. The source has been buildable for a long time, but they needed someone with the device to act as a maintainer in case of the odd bug. So I managed to convince them to go ahead and turn on the nightlies.

I'm fairly certain as of right now it's next in the build queue, so we should see it in the next 10-15 minutes hopefully. There's already a placeholder activated for it on the cmxlog site for cm12 as of this morning: http://www.cmxlog.com/12/d800/ ... only thing stopping it would be a build failure.

Same general requirements from CM11. Should just work, loki'd, etc. There's a new CAF kernel coming about, and that'll be bumped. Fun times ahead :)

PS> since your post is at the top of the forum, could you please update your OP to reflect the new nightlies? Thanks :)
    I was using the 10O modem and everything worked perfect, even rotation.
    I flashed the 10d modem and rotation is working for me. Here is the file name. LGD800_10D_RADIO.zip

This. Fixed sensors as well as MMS issues. It fixed rotation/compass etc. immediately. To fix MMS, I had to go to Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Network operators -> Search Networks (manual option) -> then select two different networks that were not AT&T (it is a slow process)...wait until they both fail and the select the top AT&T network choice and wait for it to connect...reboot... resolved the issue for me.