Votes: 48 26.8%
  • Other

Votes: 43 24.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

underscorenorm

Mar 20, 2013
Indianapolis
First boot- repeated Unfortunately, LocationServices has stopped. Over and over. can't even get to power menu. I like cyanogenmod but they don't make it easy.

nvincent

Apr 24, 2013
Hey, question. I am currently running Cloudy 3.3. In order to get this working, I'll need to first flash the KK bootloader, then this rom, correct?

stevehovey

Jul 10, 2016
Newbie needs help

I realize that it may have been covered somewhere but I cannot find it. I am using the stock LP rom on my D800 and I want to put either CM12 or 13 on it. is there a more step by step guide for dummies that I can use? I have no idea if I need to update the modem (radios) and some of the instructions assume you already know certain things.

I have AutoRec D800 on the phone
TWRP installed
Rooted
I have the latest release of CM13 and 12.
I have the Gapps for ARM for 6.0 zip file

I think I have the stock bootloader

When I downloaded the CM13 files there was also a build for CM13 recovery?? do I need this? or can I skip it.
cm-13.0-20160418-SNAPSHOT-ZNH0EAO2NJ-d800.zip
cm-13.0-20160418-SNAPSHOT-ZNH0EAO2NJ-d800-recovery.img

I am going through all this because I unlocked the phone and moved to to T-Mobile and I am having 4g issues with the 1700 band and most of the hidden menu options to set the band priorities are locked out or not implemented in LP stock.
I am hoping to regain more control on the phone and get rid of the AT&T bloatware.

I really wish there was a way to totally reload it with the stock Tmo firmware for the 801 but I dont think it can be done. My phone still favors ATT network connections instead of Tmo towers even after deleting the ATT APN and creating new APN settings for Tmo.

Need help badly if anyone can take a few to walk me through updating this thing to CM
[email protected]

dr4stic

Oct 18, 2009
I realize that it may have been covered somewhere but I cannot find it. I am using the stock LP rom on my D800 and I want to put either CM12 or 13 on it. is there a more step by step guide for dummies that I can use? I have no idea if I need to update the modem (radios) and some of the instructions assume you already know certain things.

I have AutoRec D800 on the phone
TWRP installed
Rooted
I have the latest release of CM13 and 12.
I have the Gapps for ARM for 6.0 zip file

I think I have the stock bootloader

When I downloaded the CM13 files there was also a build for CM13 recovery?? do I need this? or can I skip it.
cm-13.0-20160418-SNAPSHOT-ZNH0EAO2NJ-d800.zip
cm-13.0-20160418-SNAPSHOT-ZNH0EAO2NJ-d800-recovery.img

I am going through all this because I unlocked the phone and moved to to T-Mobile and I am having 4g issues with the 1700 band and most of the hidden menu options to set the band priorities are locked out or not implemented in LP stock.
I am hoping to regain more control on the phone and get rid of the AT&T bloatware.

I really wish there was a way to totally reload it with the stock Tmo firmware for the 801 but I dont think it can be done. My phone still favors ATT network connections instead of Tmo towers even after deleting the ATT APN and creating new APN settings for Tmo.

Need help badly if anyone can take a few to walk me through updating this thing to CM
[email protected]

I imagine you already dealt with this, but figured the answer might help others.

If you got your phone to stock LP and then rooted it, AND you have the latest blastagator TWRP installed, then you're good to go. The LP firmwares are all the latest and what's necessary for CM. Don't bother with the CM recovery, it's horrible.

Your choices: Official CM-12.1 (old kinda buggy release), CM-13.0 (newest, slightly buggy release), my Semi-Official CM-12.1 (awesome release). Either of the last two are great options. The procedure (assuming you have a full install of LP stock and have the absolute latest blastagator twrp installed) is basically this:

1. Place the CM zip, OpenGapps zip and any opengapps config onto the phone storage somewhere (I use the Download folder)
  2. on the "Wipe" screen, Factory Data Reset from TWRP (will not wipe the phone's storage area)
  3. Flash the CM zip
  4. Flash the OpenGapps zip

If you'd like to fully wipe your device's storage (maybe not a bad deal if starting from scratch), then go to the "Wipe" screen and hit the button to format Data. You'll have to type "yes" to confirm.

Now, reboot and enjoy.

Reactions: muchcalmer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

I wanted so long to have Stock CM12 for my LG G2 D800, and here it is !!!!
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

How to install CM12 on D800
    1: At first you must be on custom recovery (newest as possible) with KKbased Modem like THIS or 10O Radio
    1a: Download files below (ROM, gapps) place them in sdcard
    2: Reboot in to recovery, Take a nandroid backup!!!
    3: wipe data/factory reset, for philz users "Clean to install New rom"
    4: flash latest CM12 D800 ROM
    5: Flash gapps
    6: Reboot and ENJOY

Rom: LatestCM12-Nightlies
    LP-Gapps: Google Apps by CM or pa-gapps-5.0.1-modular-nano-2015-03-15

Enabling ROOT Access: Go to
    Settings/About Phone/ tap 7 times "Build Number" to enable Developer Options
    As Developer Options are enabled go to Developer Options/Root Access and select desired one ...

Known BUGS: dont know from your posts i will add here

Thanks goes To:
    CyanogenMod team for awesome work
    TKruzze for gapps

P.S. I do NOT want Donations, Just TAP: "Thank you" BUTTON
    a change is a' comin

FYI: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/104986/

The cm12.1 d80[01,2,3] builds have been approved for nightlies. People are going to get excited. There are some things you should all be aware of.

• The builds are bumped, not lokified
    • This isn't the same adapted JB/KK kernel as on cm12, it's the CAF lollipop kernel
    • You should NOT simply upgrade from cm12.0, a clean cm12.1 install should be followed
    • There's a lollipop bootstack that should be installed for this, the builds will NOT install if it isn't present

From my experience, this release will be far more stable than 12.0, probably owing to the fact that it isn't based on the JB kernel. The CAF nature of the new kernel means that you can't just upgrade from 12 to 12.1. It also means that the stock LP radio (and KK radio) will work just fine without modification, no need for special "AOSP" versions. There are asserts on the install that will keep the build from installing without the right bootstack. I'll post back once I know where the upload for that is finalized.

The only real-ish issues I've had are: 1) full on UI crashes (looks like a reboot) during calls, most likely because I didn't realize that my phone was on the KK bootstack (haven't seen this bug since upgrading my bootstack); 2) Kernel uses stock G2 lollipop power driver for the chargers, which means it will be less forgiving to crappy chargers. When I upgraded to 12.1, my charger went from charging my phone fully in a couple of hours, to requiring 8 hours or more. If you see this after the upgrade, switch to a better charger. Unless you can personally dedicate the time to port the modification from the last kernel, it is unlikely to be "fixed".

I'm posting this because I'm concerned that people will just go and flash this all willy-nilly, and that is more than likely a bad idea.

That being said, I'm fairly certain the upgrade is worth it for all curious parties. And as always, do a full backup before attempting ANYTHING and have a full backout plan ready in case you royally screw up your phone.
    Hope so... I've been waiting so long time, for that..
    And decided to post anyway, thought would help someone..

Yeah, it should. The source has been buildable for a long time, but they needed someone with the device to act as a maintainer in case of the odd bug. So I managed to convince them to go ahead and turn on the nightlies.

I'm fairly certain as of right now it's next in the build queue, so we should see it in the next 10-15 minutes hopefully. There's already a placeholder activated for it on the cmxlog site for cm12 as of this morning: http://www.cmxlog.com/12/d800/ ... only thing stopping it would be a build failure.

Same general requirements from CM11. Should just work, loki'd, etc. There's a new CAF kernel coming about, and that'll be bumped. Fun times ahead :)

PS> since your post is at the top of the forum, could you please update your OP to reflect the new nightlies? Thanks :)
    I was using the 10O modem and everything worked perfect, even rotation.
    I flashed the 10d modem and rotation is working for me. Here is the file name. LGD800_10D_RADIO.zip

This. Fixed sensors as well as MMS issues. It fixed rotation/compass etc. immediately. To fix MMS, I had to go to Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Network operators -> Search Networks (manual option) -> then select two different networks that were not AT&T (it is a slow process)...wait until they both fail and the select the top AT&T network choice and wait for it to connect...reboot... resolved the issue for me.