• Other

Votes: 43 24.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

luchardi

May 25, 2012
Capital Federal
Good news
There is a new build 0802 from today on cm12 branch. Has anyone tested and know if the voice message in whatsapp works? Thanks

Enviado desde mi LG-D800 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

faheyd

Dec 29, 2011
Reno NV
OnePlus 8
Wow, now I'm screwed. Went to update latest nightly and I get this: E:Failed to sysMapfile '/sdcard/cm-12/20150802-NIGHTLY-d800.zip'

Well, must have been a bad file transfer somewhere. Was able to get into recovery, mount the phone and transfer the rom over again. All good now.

If I find any bugs, I'll post here.

Last edited:

faheyd

Dec 29, 2011
Reno NV
OnePlus 8
FYI: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/104986/

The cm12.1 d80[01,2,3] builds have been approved for nightlies. People are going to get excited. There are some things you should all be aware of.

• The builds are bumped, not lokified
  • This isn't the same adapted JB/KK kernel as on cm12, it's the CAF lollipop kernel
  • You should NOT simply upgrade from cm12.0, a clean cm12.1 install should be followed
  • There's a lollipop bootstack that should be installed for this, the builds will NOT install if it isn't present

From my experience, this release will be far more stable than 12.0, probably owing to the fact that it isn't based on the JB kernel. The CAF nature of the new kernel means that you can't just upgrade from 12 to 12.1. It also means that the stock LP radio (and KK radio) will work just fine without modification, no need for special "AOSP" versions. There are asserts on the install that will keep the build from installing without the right bootstack. I'll post back once I know where the upload for that is finalized.

The only real-ish issues I've had are: 1) full on UI crashes (looks like a reboot) during calls, most likely because I didn't realize that my phone was on the KK bootstack (haven't seen this bug since upgrading my bootstack); 2) Kernel uses stock G2 lollipop power driver for the chargers, which means it will be less forgiving to crappy chargers. When I upgraded to 12.1, my charger went from charging my phone fully in a couple of hours, to requiring 8 hours or more. If you see this after the upgrade, switch to a better charger. Unless you can personally dedicate the time to port the modification from the last kernel, it is unlikely to be "fixed".

I'm posting this because I'm concerned that people will just go and flash this all willy-nilly, and that is more than likely a bad idea.

That being said, I'm fairly certain the upgrade is worth it for all curious parties. And as always, do a full backup before attempting ANYTHING and have a full backout plan ready in case you royally screw up your phone.
I'm confused, I've been doing the CM nightlies for months, v5.02 and just downloaded and installed the latest nightly, v5.02. What are you talking about in your post? Is there some other nightly that I don't know about?
Dylan

dr4stic

Oct 18, 2009
I'm confused, I've been doing the CM nightlies for months, v5.02 and just downloaded and installed the latest nightly, v5.02. What are you talking about in your post? Is there some other nightly that I don't know about?
Dylan

That is correct. When I wrote this the latest round of nightlies (the weekly/monthly cm11 and cm12 forced rebuild) had already been started. I think the build date/time is based on when the build started in GMT.

The post is specific enough that I'm definitely talking about CM-12.1 (Android 5.1.1). The link is to the change that enables the builds for our device(s) in jenkins (the build system). Once the next round of builds start, d800 (and 801/2/3) builds should begin. Other than potential issues with the build (which are always possible) we will see CM-12.1 officially become a supported build.

If I had to guess, judging by the build times for amani as the first alphabetical build target for cm12.1, and if I guessed right about GMT, the new build run should begin in about 3 hours (6pm EST). Once the new build run starts, cmxlog should remove the d800 from the list of CM-12 logs and add it to the list of CM-12.1 logs. However there won't be any logs till the first build is complete. Judging from the times for the d850 (at&t g3, likely the build right before ours), we should see the builds pop up 1.5-2 hrs later (8pm?). These are all just guesses. With my luck, the builds will fail for a typo.

I've been running CM-12.1 for some time now. Anyone that knows how to build CM themselves will have been able to build for the d80X series themselves for the past month. I've been helping test the many changes under the hood that have been necessary for the upgrade. The kernel is all new and required quite a bit of work, and this took some time. And CM-12.1 added some requirements before builds were allowed, and those needed to be satisfied as well.

I'm hoping many people will be as happy with 12.1 as I have been. However there are some major changes necessary with the upgrade path due to the new kernel, and I want to make people aware of them so that they don't go bricking a phone, or losing a working installation, or ending a marriage cuz they monkied with their wife's phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lanchon

luchardi

May 25, 2012
Capital Federal
That is correct. When I wrote this the latest round of nightlies (the weekly/monthly cm11 and cm12 forced rebuild) had already been started. I think the build date/time is based on when the build started in GMT.

The post is specific enough that I'm definitely talking about CM-12.1 (Android 5.1.1). The link is to the change that enables the builds for our device(s) in jenkins (the build system). Once the next round of builds start, d800 (and 801/2/3) builds should begin. Other than potential issues with the build (which are always possible) we will see CM-12.1 officially become a supported build.

If I had to guess, judging by the build times for amani as the first alphabetical build target for cm12.1, and if I guessed right about GMT, the new build run should begin in about 3 hours (6pm EST). Once the new build run starts, cmxlog should remove the d800 from the list of CM-12 logs and add it to the list of CM-12.1 logs. However there won't be any logs till the first build is complete. Judging from the times for the d850 (at&t g3, likely the build right before ours), we should see the builds pop up 1.5-2 hrs later (8pm?). These are all just guesses. With my luck, the builds will fail for a typo.

I've been running CM-12.1 for some time now. Anyone that knows how to build CM themselves will have been able to build for the d80X series themselves for the past month. I've been helping test the many changes under the hood that have been necessary for the upgrade. The kernel is all new and required quite a bit of work, and this took some time. And CM-12.1 added some requirements before builds were allowed, and those needed to be satisfied as well.

I'm hoping many people will be as happy with 12.1 as I have been. However there are some major changes necessary with the upgrade path due to the new kernel, and I want to make people aware of them so that they don't go bricking a phone, or losing a working installation, or ending a marriage cuz they monkied with their wife's phone.
Great explanación. Maybe we will need another thread for cm12.1 right?

Enviado desde mi LG-D800 mediante Tapatalk

dr4stic

Oct 18, 2009
Great explanación. Maybe we will need another thread for cm12.1 right?

Possibly, but I'm not setting it up :)

I hardly come on XDA, and while I'd love for a forum to be available for people to discuss 12.1, I won't be around to watch it.

Also, I think we're missing the first round of nightlies... naturally a typo went unnoticed. With an extreme amount of luck, a patch may get merged before the builds start... but I doubt it. My guy is telling me the builds are slated to start midnight PDT, but I think he's wrong. I guess we'll see :)

Last edited:

Lanchon

Jun 19, 2011
anybody has the last nightly? i hate it when they go missing, CM really has to fix this!

cm-12-20150802-NIGHTLY-d800.zip (257.32 MB)
md5: a00d4779779d5e8b4e074e1e042205e6

thank you!!!

Reactions: jservs7

fefetron

Oct 12, 2012
Hermosillo
Hello, i want to know how modify the app drawer layout. I just don't like the alphabetical way.

thank you.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

I just figured out hahaha.. thank you

WoodmanMN

Oct 1, 2012
Duluth
Automatic reboot when streaming music via bluetooth?

Anyone else having problems with the phone rebooting while streaming music via bluetooth? Happened to me several times today while I was driving. Running 20150817 currently, noticed it happening on 20150822 as well.

I also had several lock ups on the phone while in a voice call over my bluetooth headset on the 20150822, but nothing like that on 20150817.

Lanchon

Jun 19, 2011
Anyone else having problems with the phone rebooting while streaming music via bluetooth? Happened to me several times today while I was driving. Running 20150817 currently, noticed it happening on 20150822 as well.

I also had several lock ups on the phone while in a voice call over my bluetooth headset on the 20150822, but nothing like that on 20150817.

this is the cm12 thread
you are using cm12.1
go to the right thread and start reading

amin44

Jul 26, 2014
alger
i am on clody g2 3.3 when i reboot te bump rocevery for flash cm12.1 i instal jb bootleader then reboot recovery then wipe and when flash cm give me error :cant mount ...... i think it is from bumped boot (dorimanx) so what is my problam and thank

lllGurulll

Mar 28, 2011
OK, I don't know what I am doing wrong here but every time I try to install this on TWRP it never works. The install fails every single time. I've downloaded the .zip from the cyanogenmod site several times and I wipe everything and load up the .zip for installation and TWRP fails each time.

Always ends with error executing updater binary in zip. Error flashing zip.

The thing bothering me here is all the other non CM ROMs out there are over 1gb in size but every single CM ROM on their page is only 250mb. Is there a master rom I am missing on the D800 page?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

I wanted so long to have Stock CM12 for my LG G2 D800, and here it is !!!!
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

How to install CM12 on D800
    1: At first you must be on custom recovery (newest as possible) with KKbased Modem like THIS or 10O Radio
    1a: Download files below (ROM, gapps) place them in sdcard
    2: Reboot in to recovery, Take a nandroid backup!!!
    3: wipe data/factory reset, for philz users "Clean to install New rom"
    4: flash latest CM12 D800 ROM
    5: Flash gapps
    6: Reboot and ENJOY

Rom: LatestCM12-Nightlies
    LP-Gapps: Google Apps by CM or pa-gapps-5.0.1-modular-nano-2015-03-15

Enabling ROOT Access: Go to
    Settings/About Phone/ tap 7 times "Build Number" to enable Developer Options
    As Developer Options are enabled go to Developer Options/Root Access and select desired one ...

Known BUGS: dont know from your posts i will add here

Thanks goes To:
    CyanogenMod team for awesome work
    TKruzze for gapps

P.S. I do NOT want Donations, Just TAP: "Thank you" BUTTON
    a change is a' comin

FYI: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/104986/

The cm12.1 d80[01,2,3] builds have been approved for nightlies. People are going to get excited. There are some things you should all be aware of.

• The builds are bumped, not lokified
    • This isn't the same adapted JB/KK kernel as on cm12, it's the CAF lollipop kernel
    • You should NOT simply upgrade from cm12.0, a clean cm12.1 install should be followed
    • There's a lollipop bootstack that should be installed for this, the builds will NOT install if it isn't present

From my experience, this release will be far more stable than 12.0, probably owing to the fact that it isn't based on the JB kernel. The CAF nature of the new kernel means that you can't just upgrade from 12 to 12.1. It also means that the stock LP radio (and KK radio) will work just fine without modification, no need for special "AOSP" versions. There are asserts on the install that will keep the build from installing without the right bootstack. I'll post back once I know where the upload for that is finalized.

The only real-ish issues I've had are: 1) full on UI crashes (looks like a reboot) during calls, most likely because I didn't realize that my phone was on the KK bootstack (haven't seen this bug since upgrading my bootstack); 2) Kernel uses stock G2 lollipop power driver for the chargers, which means it will be less forgiving to crappy chargers. When I upgraded to 12.1, my charger went from charging my phone fully in a couple of hours, to requiring 8 hours or more. If you see this after the upgrade, switch to a better charger. Unless you can personally dedicate the time to port the modification from the last kernel, it is unlikely to be "fixed".

I'm posting this because I'm concerned that people will just go and flash this all willy-nilly, and that is more than likely a bad idea.

That being said, I'm fairly certain the upgrade is worth it for all curious parties. And as always, do a full backup before attempting ANYTHING and have a full backout plan ready in case you royally screw up your phone.
    Hope so... I've been waiting so long time, for that..
    And decided to post anyway, thought would help someone..

Yeah, it should. The source has been buildable for a long time, but they needed someone with the device to act as a maintainer in case of the odd bug. So I managed to convince them to go ahead and turn on the nightlies.

I'm fairly certain as of right now it's next in the build queue, so we should see it in the next 10-15 minutes hopefully. There's already a placeholder activated for it on the cmxlog site for cm12 as of this morning: http://www.cmxlog.com/12/d800/ ... only thing stopping it would be a build failure.

Same general requirements from CM11. Should just work, loki'd, etc. There's a new CAF kernel coming about, and that'll be bumped. Fun times ahead :)

PS> since your post is at the top of the forum, could you please update your OP to reflect the new nightlies? Thanks :)
    I was using the 10O modem and everything worked perfect, even rotation.
    I flashed the 10d modem and rotation is working for me. Here is the file name. LGD800_10D_RADIO.zip

This. Fixed sensors as well as MMS issues. It fixed rotation/compass etc. immediately. To fix MMS, I had to go to Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Network operators -> Search Networks (manual option) -> then select two different networks that were not AT&T (it is a slow process)...wait until they both fail and the select the top AT&T network choice and wait for it to connect...reboot... resolved the issue for me.