[ROM][5.0.2/LRX22G][AOSP][LINARO/OPTIMIZED] FML: Fork My Life (2015/01/08)

Search This thread

musical_chairs

Mar 6, 2012
I've looked all through the build prop file and there aren't any entries at all pertaining to data or telephony , none .
Ah, sorry, I should have picked up earlier that you are hunting in build.prop. On these unified builds, the general stuff is in build.prop and device-specific stuff is in /system/vendor/device/build.prop. Running 'adb shell getprop' should show that it is all there.

Reactions: SuperGoober

SuperGoober

Oct 7, 2013
Ah, sorry, I should have picked up earlier that you are hunting in build.prop. On these unified builds, the general stuff is in build.prop and device-specific stuff is in /system/vendor/device/build.prop. Running 'adb shell getprop' should show that it is all there.

Geeeeeeez , timing can be a ***** sometimes . I restored an L nandroid and data was no longer working . I've cleaned , flashed every which-a-way and finally called sprint because my wife's s3 had also lost 3g . Turns out sprint had done some upgrades on their network and neither phone had taken it because of the custom rom's , so i'm told . Anyway I had to re-provision via the dialer codes to get 3g and then reflashed MM and 3g worked like a champ right out of the box . The problem was on my end . Honestly I've never seen 3g pop up as fast as it does with MM . Best it's ever worked for me . That being said I apologize for the mistake . I'm not use to unified builds and when I found no reference to anything related to telephony I just assumed the worse .

Toroplus report

Flash and boot from a clean install goes off without a hitch Flashing the rom takes several minutes, longer than what we're use to so don't get impatient , it will complete . First boot is faster than normal . I've clean flashed several times and it actually boots up afterward in about 3 or 4 minutes . Painless procedure .

Google play services will be having lots of fc's . Just keep going until your at the home screen then go to settings/apps and give google play services permissions to everything and the fc's will stop .

SuperSU 2.65 works fine for root although it doesn't survive the next wipe . Just reflash .

Calls , texts and MMS do work for me .

Yes , MMS sends and receives perfectly right out of the box . I haven't touched or seen the apn I'm using . I'm on whatever apn is included , not 3rd party and no setting changes . I'm actually on Ting , and mvno and normally we do have to set MMSC but that's not the case here .

Phone is very stable . Carrier settings FC's so I can't check out that menu .
Wifi works .
Back Camera works with no lines anwhere and no green tint whatsoever . Front camera can't connect , video camera doesn't work .

Things like theme missing from settings but I imagine hasn't been implemented yet . Only option for reboot is power off , no advanced reboot available under developer options but probably not implmented yet either .

Maybe if your having MMS issues on toro or other variants you can look at why it works so good on toroplus hehe .
Same for our camera as compared to why green tint or lines are in other variants .

It has bugs as expected for an early work in progress but my expectations are definitely exceeded .
Definitely good enough for a tester's daily driver .
Thanks so much for your efforts . Again I'm sorry for the false alarm on the data issue .

3g data working

Last edited:

musical_chairs

Mar 6, 2012
I'm not use to unified builds and when I found no reference to anything related to telephony I just assumed the worse .
It threw me for a bit as well, I thought at first that the device specific stuff was getting left out of build.prop - but a quick look at MW's scripts showed that they were doing exactly what they are supposed to do.
MMS sends and receives perfectly right out of the box . I haven't touched or seen the apn I'm using . I'm on whatever apn is included , not 3rd party and no setting changes . I'm actually on Ting , and mvno and normally we do have to set MMSC but that's not the case here
Well it's nice when things work when you expect them not to. I wouldn't mind seeing a 'logcat -b radio' taken while sending an mms.
Maybe if your having MMS issues on toro or other variants you can look at why it works so good on toroplus hehe .
Same for our camera as compared to why green tint or lines are in other variants .
My camera is working fine too, no green tint here on toro. Probably an issue with some older hardware on earlier maguros.

Anyway, thanks for the detailed report. Glad to hear data works on toroplus!

MonstaDriva

Aug 13, 2013
Links

I'm wanting to try Unified MM . Latest link on the main page is for a beta L . What is the latest build and link for MM ? Thanx

musical_chairs

Mar 6, 2012
@MWisBest May I ask a technical question?

I'm trying to backport your libsecril-compat fix to Lollipop, specifically, the fix for toroplus's RIL missing the symbol it needs to take a screenshot. (So I don't need to fork frameworks/native.) I've got libsecril-compat building, and I have tried various versions of your modified libsec-ril_LTE.so's, but so far I can't get things to work. It throws this error:

Code:
D/RILD    (  135): **RIL Daemon Started**
D/RILD    (  135): **RILd param count=1**
E/RILD    (  135): dlopen failed: dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "release_wake_lock" referenced by "libsec-ril_lte.so"...

I must be missing something - apparently now the only symbol the RIL can find is the screenshot one...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [#Intro]
    Oh, and now there's these Lollipops I'm handing out. They are free as always, and they are very very delicious.

[#Why]

[#Info]

I need people testing and finding bugs if anything is going to be fixed. I might not have the Bluetooth devices you have, I might not use the camera as much as you, I might not use mobile data as much as you; you get the idea. :)
    NOTE: FML is built and tested on the Verizon Galaxy Nexus variant, also known as toro. The GSM Galaxy Nexus variant (the one pertaining to the forum section you're currently in), also known as maguro, is extremely similar in hardware to the Verizon Galaxy Nexus, however I'm not able to test these builds personally. There aren't any code changes between builds for toro and maguro so that I know there shouldn't be any huge issues, but things specific to maguro I'll need feedback on to make sure they're working OK.

[#HowTo]

Latest Build
    KitKat/ROM Stable: omni-4.4.4-20140705-maguro-FML.zip (159.07 MB)
    KitKat/TWRP Stable: fml-twrp-2.7.1.0-20140705-maguro.img (8.58 MB)
    KitKat/ROM Beta: omni-4.4.4-20141015-maguro-FML.zip (160.13 MB)
    KitKat/ROM Beta Hotfix: boot.img (4.83MB)
    Hotfix Info: The latest beta had a bug on maguro causing the radio to be a jerk and not work. Flashing this boot.img will resolve that issue. If you'd rather not flash it with fastboot like is normally done for .img files, you can use the Flashify app for it, or you can open up the ROM zip and replace the boot.img in there with the hotfix.
    Lollipop/ROM Beta: FML-AOSP-5.0-20150108-maguro.zip (194.45 MB)

LOLLIPOP INFO:
    USE THESE GAPPS: FML-GApps-5.0.x-20150101-tuna.zip (167.81 MB)
    They are based on PA's GApps, huge thank you to them!
    Known Issues:
    - Camera can be a little touchy, but it generally works.
    - Long SMS messages fail to send, fix is on-the-way though.
    Lollipop Changelogs can be found in the post below!

(KitKat) BETA INFO:
    Beta builds are using updated GPU drivers (and an updated kernel to go with them) courtesy of @Ziyan, as well as being up to date with the latest stuff from OmniROM. NOTE: YOU CANNOT FLASH A DIFFERENT KERNEL WITH THESE BUILDS.
    Currently broken with the new GPU drivers:
    - Hardware Video Decoding FIXED 2014/10/06
    - Hardware Video Encoding(?) FIXED 2014/10/08
    - Camera (PARTIALLY) FIXED 2014/10/08
    - The stock camera app (as well as Google Camera) has this weird quirk of crashing when pressing the shutter button to take a picture, however many different camera apps on the Play Store (in particular Camera ZOOM FX) work flawlessly. Video recording is generally OK, however I've been getting some reports of the audio and video being a little out of sync, so your mileage may vary...
    See the Changelog post below for..... well..... changelogs.

[#GApps]

Known Issues
    - The screenrecord command does not work directly, however it does work via the Power menu.
    - There can be a slight (noticeable, but not huge) delay when pressing the Recents or Home button.

[#Thanks]

[#Donations]

XDA:DevDB Information
    FML: Fork My Life, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
    MWisBest
    Source Code: https://github.com/MWisBest/

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2014-07-05
    Beta Release Date: 2015-01-08

Created 2014-05-27
    Last Updated 2015-01-08
    New build should be out either Monday or Tuesday. There will be a plethora of fixes and improvements. Sorry about being away from XDA for a while, just been really busy with school and any time I have for FML has been spent on dev stuff rather than the XDA threads!
    I'm feeling terrible. I don't have the energy to update the thread, but the new build is uploaded here:
    FML-AOSP-5.0-20141207-maguro.zip (199.24MB)
    I see some people have already downloaded it...

A new GApps package isn't quite ready yet. I believe PA has a Lollipop GApps package up that may work as-is and would be better than the one I'm currently linking to, so give that a try if you're impatient.
    I also have a new TWRP build on the way as well.

Short changelog on the new build:
    - Superuser is now built-in, no need to flash SuperSU. It's in the Settings app. You may have to enable the "Development Settings" menu to see it...
    - Video playback should be fixed. YouTube in particular seems OK. If you have some weird format you're playing back locally I cannot make any guarantees though.
    - The camera situation has improved and also regressed. The stock camera is back to the point of where it was with the KitKat Beta builds:
    ---- Preview works. Saving photos does not work. Video recording works.
    --- However:
    ---- The camera calibration is a little messed up. Long story, but it'll be fixed soon. So your white balance may look kinda funky, among other things.
    - Audio quality is improved, and 192kHz FLAC files will now play:
    ---- This is possible thanks to a new audio resampler, which doesn't impose the same sample rate restrictions of the stock Android ones.
    ---- It also has far better quality than the stock Android resamplers.
    - Kernel changes:
    ---- Reclaimed 38MB of RAM from the carveout stuff.
    ---- Removed HDMI's framebuffer, saving another ~16MB of RAM. With Lollipop, MHL/HDMI out isn't working with our old hwc, so might as well save some RAM in the mean time.
    ---- Added overclocking support, as well as adjusted the stock frequencies a little.
    I see there have been some bugs discovered with the recent build, so I'm planning on doing a new build fixing what I can and then updating the OP with that build instead. I also have something special planned for the next build as well... for those of you who follow my GitHub, please don't spoil it! It might not be ready in time, but it's coming along quicker than I thought...

I'd like to thank those of who you have been patient waiting for the new build and not asking when it'll be out etc. I do know it's frustrating for you guys when I give a timeframe on when a new build will be ready and I don't deliver though, however lately the pestering for when a new build will be out has gotten out of hand. I'm usually pretty good with handling things like that which would cause most other devs to basically yell and scream at their users... for example, when people report bugs I'm not one to say "logcat or it didn't happen". At least 90% of the bugs reported are something I can reproduce myself! Why the hell should I need the user to get the logcat when I can get one myself? But anyway, I hope those of you who have been pestering for ETAs can be a little more patient from now on.

I'd also like to thank those of you who have donated to me lately. I usually try to send out thank yous to them when I update the FML thread, but I'm sad to admit that lately I've fallen behind with that. My problem is that I like each thank you to be different and not just a copy and paste generic BS sorta thing, but I'm running out of things to say because there have been so many donations since the GPU driver updating and Lollipop release. Before I update the FML thread next, I will be sure that everybody has been thanked personally.
    The donation money has been so helpful lately with me being sick too; I've been able to get food and drinks that are easier for me to digest and keep down.
    Thanks to everyone who helped, I've got my maguro running again :victory::victory: One can't imagine how much I appreciate the help of the community :) so it looks like I'm getting back to the business ;)