[ROM] [5.0/5.1] [Official/Official] SlimLP 0.8 beta - Peregrine - 29/09/2015

Search This thread

Kayant

Jul 14, 2011
Official/Newer build 5.1 build by Thecrazyskull(Official device maintainer for moto msm8226 devices)

Older builds below​

SlimLP Android 5.0

tbn434lb.png

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimLP is currently in alpha / beta stage, some custom features are already in place, but much much more is planned for the future.

Download:
Alpha

Google Apps / How to
Follow the work on our custom gapps and find downloads here.
Or Use PA Gapps or any other Lollipop Gapps of your Choice.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download other addons.

Installation instructions Same as CM12

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

Slim FAQ

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.
My repo

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Thanks -
- SlimRoms for creating an sharing their vision
- Jubakuba for the OP
- Somcom3X and the CM team for the work on the device/vendor trees

XDA:DevDB Information
SlimRoms, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
Kayant, Thecrazyskull, prbassplayer
Source Code: https://github.com/SlimRoms

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-01-11
Last Updated 2015-10-21

hotbld5

Aug 14, 2012
Amazing rom! There isn't any noticeable bugs that I can see, multitask is a beast, and battery life so far lasts about the whole day using about 2% battery per hour. I used your pink kernel with intelliplug on. The only thing that seems to not work is changing the governor. It always switches back to interactive. Other than that, very impressive for an alpha build! THANK YOU!

Kayant

Jul 14, 2011
Do i need to flash cm11 first? Got a bootloop

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Free mobile app

No. But if you're coming from CM a data wipe is needed likely which is why you're probably in a bootloop. CM 11 --> CM12 should be fine with data. CM11 --> other lollipop based roms = most likely a bootloop.

mrps2

Dec 26, 2010
São Paulo
The first boot will take quite awhile so just be patient. Also, it seems I can't set my own ringtones and notification sounds.

Im coming from the original ROM, with root and some mods from Xposed... Did a wipe factory (TWRP), installed ROM and then Gapps, First time took more than 10 minutes to boot and nothing.
Now I did wipe cache, data, dalvik and system, then reinstalled everything... Again it is taking more than 10 minutes to boot.... I will wait more 10... lets see, hope it boots!!!

update: 22 minutes waiting, I guess it will not boot... any ideas?
Thanks guys!:D

Last edited:

hotbld5

Aug 14, 2012
Im coming from the original ROM, with root and some mods from Xposed... Did a wipe factory (TWRP), installed ROM and then Gapps, First time took more than 10 minutes to boot and nothing.
Now I did wipe cache, data, dalvik and system, then reinstalled everything... Again it is taking more than 10 minutes to boot.... I will wait more 10... lets see, hope it boots!!!

Try CWM recovery and see if it'll work.

whisper13

May 25, 2012
Quezon City

I first flashed an unofficial build of cm12 (before the issue of builds needing to have cm 11 installed first) then let it boot, then after that go back to recovery and install SlimPL :)
Took 5-10mins to boot

Sent from my XT1045 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: mrps2

mrps2

Dec 26, 2010
São Paulo
Thanks, its is "upgrading" right now, what I did was get a CM 11 (pacman Rom) installed it , rebooted and flash Slim ans Gapps...

Now I just got a process com.android.phone has stopped... :(

lets see... Thanks

Edit: Telephone not working... cannot make call or use data and clock not working as well. installed CM 11 and CM12 and them Slim and same problem happened... CM12 working fine :(

Last edited:

whisper13

May 25, 2012
Quezon City
After installing cm12 unofficial, i just did the normal wiping process dalvik data dalvik cache system & factory reset, then it booted

mrps2

Dec 26, 2010
São Paulo
After installing cm12 unofficial, i just did the normal wiping process dalvik data dalvik cache system & factory reset, then it booted

When I do this my phone just stay on the Slim boot screen... :(

For now I will try CM12 and when I get some more time I will try to use Slim again, need my phone working to work :p

Thanks guys! if someone come with some solution I will be glad to try...:good:

Zyquil

May 13, 2013
Just flashed the Jan 11 build(with basketbuild 5.0 gapps), seems pretty solid.
Noticed a few things, though:
  • There's no outgoing/incoming indicator for network activity for Wifi and Data(the arrow up/down on their respective icons)
  • Total display seems zoomed out a bit? In a nice way
  • Carrier name on lockscreen is a little to the center, shouldn't it be on the left?
  • Camera's not working for me, even google camera(freezes upon capturing a photo, though can swipe from left to bring up a menu)
  • AudioFX isn't working for me, tried playing around but couldn't get it to work with Google Play Music, can't really tell if it's the player or AudioFX as there's no stock Music player to try on
  • Superuser out of the box is not working, though flashing SuperSU 2.40 worked.
  • Had a random reboot while playing video, probably nothing
Other than what was mentioned, really enjoying this rom and already planning on using it was my daily driver. Cheers!

cobalt01

Mar 9, 2012
Great ROM over all. Got a few issues:

1. When you try to import contacts from a backup on the phone it crashes the import (finding file via file manager then opening that way works fine)

2. When I use camera it will take pictures no problem but wont save them. Also when you press the back button when camera is open it won't close. Have press home for it to close. Does this on other camera apps and other lollipop builds so maybe a cm12 issue.

3. When enabling the dark theme in messages it doesn't do anything (cm12 issue would say)

I flashed cleanly per the instructions.

Would be nice to be able to change battery icon and have a clear all under open apps option but these are just extras can love without.

Thanks for your had work so far

keenofhiphop

Jul 30, 2012
Just flashed the Jan 11 build(with basketbuild 5.0 gapps), seems pretty solid.
Noticed a few things, though:
[*]Total display seems zoomed out a bit? In a nice way
Yeah Slim always changes the dpi. But compared to kitkat it is much more humane now.
[*]Carrier name on lockscreen is a little to the center, shouldn't it be on the left?
Cm12 error. In cm 12 fixed since a while
[*]Camera's not working for me, even google camera(freezes upon capturing a photo, though can swipe from left to bring up a menu)
use google camera
[*]AudioFX isn't working for me, tried playing around but couldn't get it to work with Google Play Music, can't really tell if it's the player or AudioFX as there's no stock Music player to try on
[*]Superuser out of the box is not working, though flashing SuperSU 2.40 worked.
[*]Had a random reboot while playing video, probably nothing
[/list]
Other than what was mentioned, really enjoying this rom and already planning on using it was my daily driver. Cheers!
All CM12 bugs. Still this has a lot better multitasking

Great ROM over all. Got a few issues:
2. When I use camera it will take pictures no problem but wont save them. Also when you press the back button when camera is open it won't close. Have press home for it to close. Does this on other camera apps and other lollipop builds so maybe a cm12 issue.
Look above. After a reboot it worked for me

Gesendet von meinem XT1039 mit Tapatalk

Zyquil

May 13, 2013
Yeah Slim always changes the dpi. But compared to kitkat it is much more humane now.

Cm12 error. In cm 12 fixed since a while
use google camera

All CM12 bugs. Still this has a lot better multitasking

Look above. After a reboot it worked for me

Gesendet von meinem XT1039 mit Tapatalk
Camera issues persist to Google Camera too, though haven't tried other cameras if any.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official/Newer build 5.1 build by Thecrazyskull(Official device maintainer for moto msm8226 devices)

Older builds below​

SlimLP Android 5.0

tbn434lb.png

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimLP is currently in alpha / beta stage, some custom features are already in place, but much much more is planned for the future.

Download:
    Alpha

Google Apps / How to
    Follow the work on our custom gapps and find downloads here.
    Or Use PA Gapps or any other Lollipop Gapps of your Choice.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download other addons.

Installation instructions Same as CM12

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

Slim FAQ

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.
    My repo

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Thanks -
    - SlimRoms for creating an sharing their vision
    - Jubakuba for the OP
    - Somcom3X and the CM team for the work on the device/vendor trees

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimRoms, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
    Kayant, Thecrazyskull, prbassplayer
    Source Code: https://github.com/SlimRoms

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-01-11
    Last Updated 2015-10-21
    New build

NavRing customization
    More stagefright vulnerability fixes
    Updates to av/native
    Merge android-5.1.1_r10
    Frameworks base fixes and updates
    Apn updates

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347793440
    New build, quick and dirty changelog

Merge in aosp 5.1.1_r9
    Updates to activity stack
    Fixes and optimizations for SlimDim
    Updates to bluedroid
    Live display updates
    AV updates
    Native updates
    Updates to qcom sepolicy
    Allow to use Google's Webview (vs aosp)
    APN list updates
    Updates to translations
    Updated device folders
    Update kernel

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347791069
    Added Expandable volume bar
    Added Notification toggle
    Add option for left clock style
    Add date position option
    Add Flip to mute/reject call
    Add Wifi priorities options
    Add Wifi country control options
    Update for frameworks av/native
    Fix FC with RTL languages
    Fix rotation tile
    Updates to activity stack
    Updates to wifi stack (caf LA.BF64.1.2.1)

Device specific
    Updates to device and kernel folders from CM

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347799255
    Update

Changelog :

- Not much in terms of new features mostly bug features from the Slim team atm
    - Synced with the latest CM changes Which includes the memory management fixes by @BlueFlame4
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone