[ROM][5.1.1] [DIRTY-UNICORNS v9.8] [Dirty Deeds] [OC/TRIM] [OTA] [27/01/2016]

Do u want the recent-apps view to be remapped to HOME button ?

• Yes, It bugs me a lot from daily usage.

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • No way ! I like as it is.

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • I really don't care. I like them in both ways.

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

newHere:)

Aug 23, 2011
Maybe there are some bigger batteries in size, at least here in the stores in my area there are the same size :D

End OT [emoji14]

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

The original samsung 2000mah battery (that i own) comes with new back case that fits the slightly bigger battery...
Even tough the battery is slightly bigger i have not problem using regular cheap TPU case and it fits perfectly :)

stylemessiah

May 2, 2008
Sydney
My only gripe is my usual one, evil bloody synapse - every boot it overwrites my custom gps.conf...even with permissions set on gps.conf to try and stop it

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile i have latest xposed (and my normal modules) and the google services (extended) script from here (i just extracted the sh from the zip, and ran it from terminal: sh /path/FixGSExtendedv3.sh - author has since created flashable zips for the lazy:) ) in testing and no drama as yet...except for bloody synapse

Might have to uninstall Synapse (POS - sorry but it is) and use something else for kernel control or install DorimanX

Last edited:
Reactions: souler456

Dr AM

Jun 12, 2012
Gaza
My only gripe is my usual one, evil bloody synapse - every boot it overwrites my custom gps.conf...even with permissions set on gps.conf to try and stop it

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile i have latest xposed (and my normal modules) and the google services (extended) script from here (i just extracted the sh from the zip, and ran it from terminal: sh /path/FixGSExtendedv3.sh - author has since created flashable zips for the lazy:) ) in testing and no drama as yet...except for bloody synapse

Might have to uninstall Synapse (POS - sorry but it is) and use something else for kernel control or install DorimanX
After reboot let the device settle for two minutes and your settings won't change

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

souler456

Jan 18, 2013
Calamba, Laguna

I also did try running the FixGS.sh file via Terminal, and does it stick after reboot? :confused:

Thanks for sharing, btw... :good:

:D :) ;) :good:

fragel

Jun 4, 2012
Returning to some bootloops at the unicorn already reported since 9.6, I'm in the last build for almost a week and got a new random bootloop at the unicorn, forced reboot and same.
I went to TWRP and observed that phone was not able to mount /cache. I wiped and then everything came back to normal...

If someone gets again those reboots, try wiping /cache. It could make the trick.

Reactions: pilgrim011

arnab

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2007
Nagpur
Hi, that makes zero difference I'm afraid, anytime I reboot I leave it be.

It's evil, and must be stopped. :)

Why are u after gps.conf...i showed u to how to get ntp server with server name from the international ntp server website...its a few posts back...mention the server number with 3 or 4 like 3.in.pool.ntp.org and the gps or assisted gps satellite positions gets downloaded directly from pool servers.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: yas44co

daniu

Feb 27, 2009
Hi,

just installed this ROM and am quite amazed. Makes the phone feel really fast. However I got a few issues:
-Home Button: there seems to be something special about that in that ROM (judging from the poll above that thread). I would rather have it normal - the way I set it up in Nova launcher plus in dirty settings. Unfortunately even setting the dirty unicorn settings like that (Home Button supposed to get me home) does not work in all cases. How to get the phone to do that (Nova launcher is set to first go to recent Home screen and with another click to Main screen), long click task manager seems to work
-I use tasker and - believe it or not - I like that tasker symbol in the left top corner and I also need the permanent notification, cause that helps me to know which profiles are active. In DU there is no symbol and no notification. How to get that back? Seems like other notifications are also missing (xposed media scanner optimizer)
-I miss softreboot in the restart menu - how to get thist?
-how come settings wants to have root access all the time?

regards
PS: small issue: I want the battery status as number inside a circle. Works as intended but when charging the number jumps out of the circle ...

Last edited:

stylemessiah

May 2, 2008
Sydney
@stylemessiah
Did u try to disable write permissions with root anabalded file manager ?
Maby that will do the trick. When file would be read only , synapse wont have a chance to do anyting with that.

#KeepItSlim

First thing i tried, Synapse still overwrites gps.conf when read only :)
I ended up uninstalling Synapse in the end, now my gps.conf can live in peace.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Why are u after gps.conf...i showed u to how to get ntp server with server name from the international ntp server website...its a few posts back...mention the server number with 3 or 4 like 3.in.pool.ntp.org and the gps or assisted gps satellite positions gets downloaded directly from pool servers.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app

Sorry, but i like to use my own custom gps.conf. The one in the ROM that Synapse kept blasting over the top of my custom one is far simpler than my custom one, and doesnt work as well, for me.

I uninstalled Synapse so i could stop screaming and use something else to set kernel options now.

Its all good

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

I also did try running the FixGS.sh file via Terminal, and does it stick after reboot? :confused:

Thanks for sharing, btw... :good:

Yup, the changes made via the script when run in terminal just once stick, just checked.

So im not sure why anyone would want to run it via init.d on every boot, youve seen how long it takes to run in terminal :)

Last edited:

souler456

Jan 18, 2013
Calamba, Laguna
Yup, the changes made via the script when run in terminal just once stick, just checked.

So im not sure why anyone would want to run it via init.d on every boot, youve seen how long it takes to run in terminal :)

Exactly! It took me at least 3~5 minutes just to wait for the script to finish (and I can't even multitask due to lag it creates), and those guys want to run it EVERY BOOT? So. Insane. :eek:

arnab

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2007
Nagpur
First thing i tried, Synapse still overwrites gps.conf when read only :)
I ended up uninstalling Synapse in the end, now my gps.conf can live in peace.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Sorry, but i like to use my own custom gps.conf. The one in the ROM that Synapse kept blasting over the top of my custom one is far simpler than my custom one, and doesnt work as well, for me.

I uninstalled Synapse so i could stop screaming and use something else to set kernel options now.

Its all good

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

It doesnt run on every boot..init.d has a service with flag as oneshot and root in build repo..it means init.d scripts only runs at boot when there are some changes made to it..u made some changes to gps.conf and so its running...in this case gps.conf in /data is being compared to in the /system..if a mismatch is found init.d comes into play as gps.conf in /data is set by the user. you talk like a developer...u should know it. anyways goto to the init.d folder and edit synapse...delete the lines with gps.conf and u shudnt have anymore problems. delete from line number 10 to 18 ie if & fi...but dont delete line no 12 ie mount -o remount,rw /system.....and plz end this gps.conf topic here.

Last edited:

stylemessiah

May 2, 2008
Sydney
It doesnt run on every boot..init.d has a service with flag as oneshot and root in build repo..it means init.d scripts only runs at boot when there are some changes made to it..u made some changes to gps.conf and so its running...in this case gps.conf in /data is being compared to in the /system..if a mismatch is found init.d comes into play as gps.conf in /data is set by the user. you talk like a developer...u should know it. anyways goto to the init.d folder and edit synapse...delete the lines with gps.conf and u shudnt have anymore problems. delete from line number 10 to 18 ie if & fi...but dont delete line no 12 ie mount -o remount,rw /system.....and plz end this gps.conf topic here.

Cheers, but ive removed synapse, never had to edit an init.d file on any other ROM ive used to stop gps.conf or any other conf file being overwritten

newHere:)

Aug 23, 2011
Then the ratio of the current required to the current utilized is significantly low...its ur car charger thats not providing sufficient juice.

Sent from my MI 3W using XDA Free mobile app

I did try another charger today... 2.4 Ampere charger (!) and the result was the same...
Battery goes down while using GPS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DU_zpsshdphfc3.png

TWRP_zpsfxupyvbj.png

Hello Guys, After a long tedious work of adding Galaxy-SII specific codes to this AOSP based D.U. ROM and building the codes from scratch, I finally present to you all, DirtyUnicornsLollipop which is optimized for our beloved Galaxy-SII and tailor made by me to be the most stable ROM.

Disclaimer
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Code:
    [U][CENTER]ROM ToolChains[/CENTER][/U]

[CENTER]ROM:- UberTC-v4.9
    Kernel:- Linaro-v4.9.4[/CENTER]

Features
    Code:
    -->Customizable QuickSettings
    -->Standalone FileManager
    -->Customizable PowerMenu
    -->Optional DU BlackedOutKeyboard
    -->FAB Style Recents
    -->Gesture Anywhere
    -->App CircleBar
    -->StatusBar Battery Options
    -->StatusBar Traffic Indicator Options
    -->Built-in AD-Blocker
    -->DSP-Manager bridged with YAMAHA YMU823 Audio Chip
    -->Mediascanner Options
    -->Ability to disable Immersive message/FC Dialog
    -->OmniSwitch
    -->DialerOptions
    -->App Ops
    -->Theme Engine
    -->LCD Density
    -->Download Center

Root Info
    Root is included.​

Installation instructions

Coming from 5.0 or less
    --> Format system, data, cache & dalvik cache
    --> Install ROM
    --> Install Gapps if required
    --> Reboot

Coming from previous build
    -->Wipe cache
    -->Install ROM
    -->Reflash Gapps
    -->Reboot

Using OTA as update
    -->Check for any available updates
    -->If you get one, download the update
    -->Press 'Flash it'
    -->Wipe cache from the prompt
    -->Now Grant #SU permissions to OTAUpdater if you haven't earlier
    -->OTAUpdater will automatically wipe cache, flash the ROM & then reboot
    -->Enjoy the new Update​

IMPORTANT NOTE
    In order for the OTAUpdater App. to automatically reboot to TWRP, wipe the selected preference say cache, apply the OTA update and then reboot back to system, you must give OTAUpdater permanent root privileges when you use the 'Flash it' option for the first time.

Please report all the Bugs in the Bugs Section. In this way I can keep track of all the bugs and fix them appropriately.

You must flash the Gapps that I provided. Other Gapps don't have the proper DPI and will cause all kinds of graphical glitches and FCs.

Changelog
    Code:
    [U]27/01/2016[/U]

[U]ROM[/U]
    Fixed BLN

Video Review

Join the D.U. Community for the latest updates

XDA:DevDB Information
    DirtyUnicornsLollipop, ROM for the i9100

Contributors
    arnab, Lysergic Acid, Gustavo_s, The whole DirtyUnicornsTeam(Team D.I.R.T)
    Source Code: https://github.com/kularny

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP Recovery
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2015-05-18
    Last Updated 2016-01-27
    GeniSys.Kernel+ with TWRP-2.8.7.0 in Odin flashable format

I am attaching here my custom OC kernel with twrp-2.8.7.0 in odin flashable format along with the 1Gb-system/4Gb-Data pit file and Odin-3.09. Use this to recover from soft bricks and also the kernel can be used with other lollipop based ROMS. Flash the kernel with odin after installing the ROM of your choice. If you have used this kernel to repair a soft brick, you will have to again reflash the kernel after installing the ROM if you want to continue using this kernel. Happy flashing. :)
    A good news...After a long research work for 3.5 months...I finally fixed wifi toggle permanently...i changed how wifi drivers work for our device and made it the way wifi works in samsung stock roms...Over that there are many many many new additions like zen ioshed...Lulzactiveq cpu governor...new mali drivers from kitkat source ...totally re written sepolicies which are used in M branch...added ethernet support for lan and many other improvements...DU will be out as soon as I fix some last remaining bugs like adding new policies for the new selinux etc..Also native dock and music stream thru dock is also added. Stay tuned...After that from next year DU-M will start. Enjoy Guys !!!
    New Update Released

07/01/2016

ROM
    Updated DU sources to v9.8
    Updated Android to version 5.1.1_r28
    Updated TWRP sources
    Fixed hordes of SELINUX denials
    Fixed all stagefright security loop holes
    Updated Android Security Patch to 01/11/2015
    Fixed Lockscreen lag issues
    Updated Automatic Translation Table
    Updated Synapse application
    Added Samsung Dock support
    Added new DRM libs
    Added new WiFi config
    Added Ethernet DHCP hook

Kernel
    Rebased Kernel completely to the new M branch
    Added new SELINUX support from M branch
    Added LZ4 compression in zRAM
    Enabled zCache for improved zRAM performance
    Added BFQ v7r8 I/O Scheduler
    Added ZEN I/O Scheduler
    Added Lulzactiveq Governor
    Added Intelliactive Governor
    Added Wheatley Governor
    Added SmartAss v2 Governor
    Added PegasusqPlus Governor
    Fixed ashmem typo bug
    Fixed Futex bugs
    Set EHCI Modem port number to 2
    Enabled usage of CPU PM notifiers
    Set YAS Magnetometer position to 0
    Updated MALI drivers to r3p2-01rel3 API version 29 Kitkat Base
    Enabled MAC Address changing
    Added ASIX AX88179 based Gigabit Ethernet support
    Fixed UID CPU bugs
    Enabled UID_CPU Time profiling
    Added new set of ARM instruction code checks
    Added ARM SDIV/UDIV emulation for armv7 processors
    Fixed ipv4 crash issues
    Fixed ARM uaccess bugs
    Updated BCMDHD WiFi drivers
    Added exFAT support (Support for 64gb & 128gb MicroSD-Cards)
    Added NTFS support (Support for USB Flash Drives)
    Added TriangleAway support
    Fixed TCP Proportional Rate Reduction
    Reduced latencies in FAIR scheduler
    Added EarlySuspendDelay via SysFS interface (Support for CRT off animation to be displayed)
    Added EarlySuspendDelay SpeedupLateResume (Support for faster wakeup of the device)
    Fixed mempolicy object leaks in tmpfs
    Added improved support for compatibility with Bad MicroSD-Cards
    Fixed occasional slow sync in writeback
    Fixed vulnerabilities in ROW & blk-core
    Fixed black crush in MDNIE
    Fixed report of min/max cpu frequencies
    Set PegasusqPlus as default cpufreq Governor (Now second core goes offline under minimal load)
    Set BFQ as default iosched Scheduler

Note:- WiFi Toggle Bug still exists but its reduced now. Just enable WiFi scan always on in advanced settings in WiFi and you will be good to go until next reboot.

Enjoy Guys !!! :D
    New Build Uploaded

25/09/2015

ROM
    Dirty Deeds = Unofficial Builds
    Updated DU sources to version 9.7
    Updated Android to version 5.1.1_r18 'LVY48F'
    Updated TWRP sources
    Updated Automatic Translation Table
    Updated Synapse app.
    Added new OTA Updater script
    Added new /System resizing script (TWRP+CWM)
    Added SamsungServiceMode (*#*#197328640#*#*)
    Fixed graphics.c for healthd module
    Address xPrivacy selinux denial
    Address viper4android selinux denial

Kernel
    Updated kernel to version r5
    Compiled with Linaro gcc-4.9.4
    Enabled idletimer for netd
    Enabled optimized arm-AES and arm-SHA1 Crypto Routines
    Updated Broadcom wifi drivers from 39xxx to 40xxx
    Replaced timeconst.pl with a bc script for better m.p arithmetic

Enjoy Guys :)