[ROM] [5.1.1] [EXT4/F2FS] [12/23/2015] UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 12.1 [DDK 1.8]

Search This thread
Sep 7, 2010
was on slim rom before, which worked fine but slowed down after a while to the point it wasn't usable anymore. call quality wasn't great but it was good. Now switched to CM some days ago. Amazed by the speed and happy to have 5.1 on my phone. Rock solid with decent speed, no crashes, nothing. Well done. But there is one problem which makes my phone currently more or less worthless: call quality. Having a good connecting and thus "no" compression on the audio works fine. Quality is good, others can here me fine and I can hear them fine too. I can talk for hours. But when the signal gets worse (e.g. while walking from an open area to a narrow street with high buildings) compression kicks in (no idea what the propper term is, so correct me please). With that call quality gets worse. I'm used to that, no problem so far. But after a couple of minutes it seems like something "crashes" and audio gets unusable. Sounds very metallic and scrambled; I can't understand a word and others have a hard time understanding what I say. Audio isn't lost, but it just isn't usable. It feels like someone drag the bitrate slider to almost zero.

I never had that with my previous roms.

Any idea where to start?

iblesq

Jul 25, 2006
Petah Tikva
Currently i have only one serious issue - YouTube audio and video not synchronized. In YouTube application. When i open the same clip thru the web browser everything is fine. My daughter disappointed a bit. Any ideas?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Scandy

Oct 17, 2012
@zzpianoman how about to update your ROM? Just sync with recent CM changes. Maybe there's something new or interesting...
6.0 stills dream for us, so, that'd be something new...

skyleth

May 19, 2009
Seville
Samsung Galaxy S8
Can someone clarify ext4 vs f2fs ,,, what is the gnex on ? How would I flash this Rom on ext4 and what are the benefits?
The gnex is on ext4. If you're not comfortable with flashing you're phone and reinstalling everything, I wouldn't change anything. And also you won't be able to use any previous backup, I tried and ended in a bootloop. I didn't see any noticeable advantage during normal usage

Enviado desde mi Galaxy Nexus mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: konnarides

molimo

Jan 24, 2011
Tehran
Hi Guys,

First of all I must appreciate of all developers who work on Gnexus.
I have a main question and this is: Why no one (of developers) try to complete his/her project?
I mean most of them decided to get right of his/her Rom while there are some f.. bugs in these Roms, especially about 5.1.1 for Gnexus. I know that our Gnexus maybe has low ram, weak CPU or ... but there are a lot of developer in XDA who work on older phone than ours and are successful to make or cook a bugless Rom. You can easily look around.
I think either our developer couldn't Fix main bugs or it is not worth to Fix them for people that are waiting to use their creation and enjoy 5.1.1 or 6 Android.
I hope someday someone appears and solve all of bugs in this phone.
Unfortunately I have no knowledge to develop a Rom.

Reactions: konnarides

konnarides

Nov 25, 2015
Birmingham
Great Rom,, developed well ! No purple line in video recordings. Many customisation's possible, I love it .
Everything is working, GPS connects faster than ever before. No complaints here. CPU & GPU can be over clocked,, great work guys...

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Hi Guys,

First of all I must appreciate of all developers who work on Gnexus.
I have a main question and this is: Why no one (of developers) try to complete his/her project?
I mean most of them decided to get right of his/her Rom while there are some f.. bugs in these Roms, especially about 5.1.1 for Gnexus. I know that our Gnexus maybe has low ram, weak CPU or ... but there are a lot of developer in XDA who work on older phone than ours and are successful to make or cook a bugless Rom. You can easily look around.
I think either our developer couldn't Fix main bugs or it is not worth to Fix them for people that are waiting to use their creation and enjoy 5.1.1 or 6 Android.
I hope someday someone appears and solve all of bugs in this phone.
Unfortunately I have no knowledge to develop a Rom.

What is your problem with this Rom my friend ?

konnarides

Nov 25, 2015
Birmingham
Benchmark on GalaxyNexus,, I think it's excellent for this old phone!

With unofficial Cyanogen.

Attachments

• 1450121623401.jpg
    1450121623401.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 431

musafercom

Jul 1, 2015
hello
i like this rom every things is great for me except notifications are misbehaving sometimes visible and sometimes they are hidden and even when they are visible when i try to open them they disappear .any solution please.could it be something related to settings ?

Last edited:

konnarides

Nov 25, 2015
Birmingham
hello
i like this rom every things is great for me except notifications are misbehaving sometimes visible and sometimes they are hidden and even when they are visible when i try to open them they disappear .any solution please.could it be something related to settings ?

I don't have that problem and have been using this Rom for a few weeks.
Did you clean install ?

musafercom

Jul 1, 2015
Yes, very easy. Download kernel auditor from play store.
Adjust cpu & gpu settings and apply on boot so you don't have to keep adjusting every time you reboot.
ok thanks
but what you mean by " apply on boot " and how and where i do it.
and when i do the changes do i change the maximum frequency for both.because there are others values in the app

thanks

Last edited:

konnarides

Nov 25, 2015
Birmingham
thanks i will try that.
is it easy to do because i never done this and the terminology is new to me.

In kernel auditor there are cpu governor's,, try them out. Some are better for battery life and some for performance.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

ok thanks
but what you mean by " apply on boot " and how and where i do it.
thanks

Apply on boot is a setting in kernel auditor, when you are in cpu or gpu settings it's on top right of the screen.
Your simply turn it on .
Without apply on boot, when you power off phone and reboot, cpu & gpu settings will return to default.

Reactions: musafercom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 12.1 for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Introduction

I first decided to put together this Lollipop ROM using the old graphics drivers for those of us who wished to try Lollipop, but needed full camera functionality (i.e. barcode scanner apps, or any other app that uses the camera API). At this point, it looks as if the camera has been fixed to work with the newer GPU drivers. I will continue to develop this ROM using the older drivers until all of the major kinks are worked out (both DDK and non-graphics related included) and we have a 100 percent stable release. You are welcome to try my build which does offer some unique features and will continue to be improved upon and synchronized with the CyanogenMod sources.

Please note that you can NOT use any other kernels with this ROM!! I have added a number of additional features to the kernel including custom voltage, fast charge, and color adjustment so hopefully that will satisfy enough for the time being.

I welcome any and all feedback, including bug reports and feature requests. The Galaxy Nexus is my main phone, and this ROM has been stable enough to be my daily driver since I began developing it several weeks ago.

Additional Features Specific to this ROM
    • F2FS support for /data and /cache. System must be ext4.
    • LegacyCamera app included (more stable and lots of features)
    • Lower screen brightness during boot sequence (/etc/init.d/96screendim)
    • Adjusted minfrees for better multitasking
    • Xposed for Lollipop compatible*
    • Specify maximum number of recent apps (ro.config.max_recents)
    • AppOps control for platform signed apps (ro.appops.show_platform)
    • Ability to turn off the display during the boot sequence
    • Support for UnifiedNlp
    • Volume keys can wake/boot phone from offline charger mode
    • Additional AppOps (read phone info/other accounts)
    • Less frequent notifications
    • Emergency Battery feature
    • More QS Tiles: Reboot/Recovery, Screenshot, Screen Off
    • Setting to disable Media Scanner on boot
    • Expanded Notification Panel width in Landscape Orientation
    • Disable USER apps from the Applications Manager
    • Whitelist apps to prevent them from being killed
    • Recents Privacy: hide app content from appearing in recents cards*
    • Cell/Wifi scan AppOp
    • Wakelock Blocker
    • NEW: Alarm Blocker
    • NEW: Marshmallow bootanimation

CyanogenMod Features
    • Better AppOps, including the ability to block wakelocks and alarms.
    • Status bar mods (brightness control, weather, battery icon style, double-tap to sleep)
    • Navigation bar customizations
    • Button mods (volume wake, volume cursor)
    • Color/Gamma calibration
    • Battery light enable/disable
    • CyanogenMod DSP
    • Scramble for PIN layout on lockscreen
    • Advanced reboot menu
    • Charging LED ON/OFF
    • Theme Manager
    • Additional Quick Settings tiles (ADB over network, compass, profiles, NFC, hotspot, AudioFX, screen timeout)
    • More pattern lock sizes (3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6)
    • and more!!!

Kernel Features
    • CPU frequency slots: 230-1632Mhz
    • CPU governors: dyninteractive, interactive, conservative, ondemand, ondemandplus, userspace, powersave, performance, ktoonservative, zzmoove
    • Min Screen On / Max Screen Off
    • I/O scheduler: row, zen, noop, deadline, cfq, sioplus
    • TCP congestion control: cubic, reno, bic, westwood, htcp
    • Fast Charge (with data transfer)
    • GPU Overclock (max 512MHz)
    • IVA Overclock
    • SmartReflex: Core, IVA, MPU
    • SmartReflex: Min calibrated voltages
    • Custom Voltages
    • Custom Regulator Voltages: VAUX3_6030, VAUX1_6030, VMMC, VANA, V2V1, VDAC, VCXIO, VUSIM, VMMC, VUSB
    • Color Settings (gamma offset, color multipliers)
    • I/O Accounting (see this post for more information).
    • Vibrator Intensity
    • Headphone Volume Boost
    • lowmemorykiller whitelist
    • Emergency Battery Reserve (see this post for details)
    • GPU governors (on3demand, activeidle, onoff, userspace)

Instructions

First flash:
    Unlock & install a recovery
    Wipe data & cache partitions
    Flash CM-12.1
    Install the Google Apps package
    Reboot​

Upgrade:
    Make a backup in recovery
    Flash CM-12.1
    Install the Google Apps package
    Reboot

If you are using F2FS, boot will hang for a bit longer on the Google Logo before animation starts.

Initial boot will take longer than it does with other 5.1 ROMS because this ROM is deodexed. My main reason for doing it this way is so that I can make modifications to individual framework files without having to flash the entire /system partition. The downside is that the initial boot after a wipe of the dalvik-cache will take marginally longer because it has to rebuild the caches for all of the system apps. If you do this while you still have a full compliment of user apps installed - i.e. after an upgrade, the boot sequence could take a REALLY long time - so be prepared for that. Personally, I feel that this is a small enough inconvenience and the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.

Downloads

Latest Build
    cm-12.1-20151223-UNOFFICIAL-maguro.zip

Changelog: 12/23/2015

Google Apps
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

Recommended Apps
    Dark Material - CM12 Theme UI (Awesome looking Dark Theme for CM12/12.1)
    TouchControl (Custom wake gestures, i.e. dt2w, s2w, etc. Choose "Ponury Stock Modified" kernel module)
    3C Toolbox
    Trickster MOD Kernel Settings
    AZ Screen Recorder - No Root

Tips / Recommendations

Bugs
    • Gesture typing doesn't work on stock keyboard but does work on Google Keyboard

Disclaimer
    I'm not responsible for bricked devices (honestly, has anyone actually ever bricked a GNexus?), data loss, lack of rhythm and coordination. Please remember to ALWAYS make backups before you flash and if you are changing filesystems on /data, you will lose ALL DATA which includes everything on internal storage and the recovery will NOT give you any warning before it performs this highly destructive act, so just be aware! Thanks and enjoy!

Thanks To/Credits
    Code:
    [URL="http://www.cyanogenmod.org/"]CyanogenMod[/URL]
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=3390093"]MWisBest[/URL]
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2633638"]Ziyan[/URL]
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=3623306"]Dirty_Jerz[/URL]
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4608636"]bsmitty83[/URL]
    [URL="https://github.com/Liquidsmooth"]LiquidSmooth[/URL]
    [URL="https://github.com/slimroms"]SlimRoms[/URL]
    [URL="https://github.com/omnirom"]omnirom[/URL]

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12 (UNOFFICIAL) ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
    zzpianoman
    Source Code: https://github.com/zzpianoman

ROM OS Version: 5.1.1 Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.101
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-03-23
    Last Updated 2015-09-15
    NEW BUILD - 05/15/2015:
    cm-12.1-20150515-UNOFFICIAL-maguro.zip

CHANGELOG:
    • Latest CM-12.1 updates (synced 5/13/2015)
    • New OOM values, less aggressive better for multitasking
    • Added ktoonservative governor to kernel*
    • Video snapshots fixed in stock and Google camera**
    • 1080p video recording should be smooth

NOTES:
    *ktoonservative governor has hotplugging disabled by default, because it does NOT work well on our devices and may will lead to random crashes and reboots. You are free to enable it, but please do so with this in mind.

**Although video snapshots are now working correctly in the stock and Google cameras, they may still crash randomly from time to time which will require a system reboot before the camera becomes usable again. I'm working on a fix for this, but in the mean time you may want to stick with the Legacy Camera for video recording. If you stick to only taking still photos with the stock/Google cameras, you should not experience any crashes.

Also, the green lines have been completely fixed and are no longer present in recorded videos of ANY resolution. This was fixed in the last update, but this is the first complete build where that fix is now fully integrated.

The new OOM values are actually based off of CyanogenMod's new OOM values for 32-bit devices with the foreground apps level being reduced to 15 (to prevent foreground apps from being killed when you are using them) and the empty apps level increased to 195 (to compensate and to ensure that there is enough free RAM in the system).

NOTE: The kernel in this build was compiled with GCC 4.7 so there is no need to flash the kernel fix update from the previous build.
    NEW BUILD - 06/04/2015:
    cm-12.1-20150604-UNOFFICIAL-maguro.zip

CHANGELOG:
    • Latest CM-12.1 updates (synced 6/3/2015)
    • (experimental) Battery Emergency Reserve*

NOTES:
    *Enable extra battery capacity by lowering critical shut-down voltage. Please use this with caution, as discharging your phone's Li-ion battery beyond specified limits will have an adverse effect on the overall lifespan of the cells. This should be used in emergencies only, when there is no available power source and you would like to buy some extra time before the phone shuts itself down. I have successfully managed to gain an extra 3 hours of standby time using this feature although your results may vary.

HOW IT WORKS:
    Once the battery has reached 15% capacity, you can enable the emergency reserve feature by issuing the following command from a terminal prompt (or modifying the file with Root Explorer):

"echo 1 > /sys/battery_reserve/enabled"

Shortly after the feature is enabled, you will see the battery capacity jump by several percentage points to a higher, adjusted value. The emergency reserve feature will remain enabled until the device is rebooted, or until a charger is connected. Although it is possible to enable the feature at any point during the charge cycle, it will not have any effect on the battery percent scale until after it has reached 15% and will be reset any time the phone is plugged into a charging source.

I must reiterate, that this should only be used as an emergency backup and repeated use of this feature will degrade the battery over time. You will have best results if used in tandem with other power saving measures, such as lowering CPU frequency, screen brightness, managing radio usage, etc and keeping the phone in standby mode as much as possible. Either way, the phone will shut down gracefully once capacity reaches 0% so there should be no risk of data loss or corruption. The battery percentage may fluctuate unpredictably under situations of high CPU load when the device is using more power, so the less stress you place on the device, the longer the battery will last.
    NEW BUILD - 07/18/2015:
    cm-12.1-20150718-UNOFFICIAL-maguro.zip

CHANGELOG:

ROM:
    • CM-12.1 updates (synced 7/12)

KERNEL:
    • New MPU frequency table: 200, 350, 700, 920, 1200, 1350, 1520, 1650
    • Added zeneractive governor (with full hotplugging support)
    • Added sioplus I/O scheduler
    • Misc. performance updates
    NEW BUILD - 07/27/2015:
    cm-12.1-20150727-UNOFFICIAL-maguro.zip

CHANGELOG:

ROM:
    • Fixes to improve memory management*
    • New AppOp: Cell/Wifi Scan**
    • CM-12.1 updates (synced 7/19)

KERNEL:
    • New MPU frequency table: 200, 350, 525, 768, 998, 1200, 1350, 1500, 1632
    • Added zzmoove governor***
    • Removed hotplugging governors (zeneractive, interactiveX)
    • Misc. performance updates

NOTES:

*Added the prop key ro.config.low_ram=true to indicate this device has under 1GB of RAM (which it does) while adding a prop key to hide this from other apps, so they still operate with all of their intended features (i.e. Google Camera). Also added an override to force high end graphics (because low_ram automatically assumes low end graphics) as well as limiting the number of starting background tasks to 4 (default is 8 for normal RAM devices and 1 for low_ram devices). These tweaks should work together to provide for a more fluid experience with better multitasking while maintaining the look and feel of the standard configuration. You may still need to add some apps to the "Do not kill" list in order to prevent them from being needlessly closed, but overall you should find that apps will allocate slightly less RAM than before and music apps should remain running in the background.

**New AppOp (Privacy Guard) Cell/Wifi scan. This permission was formerly grouped under the "Location" op switch, but now you are able to allow location while revoking Cell/Wifi scan (i.e. for Google Play Services).

***I have disabled hotplugging by default for zzmoove because it renders it unstable on this device with random freezes/reboots. TricksterMOD will not let you adjust the tunables for this governor (I believe it is because there are simply too many) though you can still access them through the command line. I have set the default profile to "Battery Plus" for optimized battery savings. You can read more about zzmoove here.