[ROM][5.1.1][LDZ22D] Mysterious Magic v1.0 r2 - 7/12/2015

Search This thread

worthbarracuda2

Mar 23, 2014
Thought I was done for

I was convinced I bricked my watch when I stupidly flashed this atop Marshmallow 6.0 after unlocking boot loader, enabling USB debugging and gaining developer access. At first, right after installation, the logs reported that the Marshmallow boot partition was unable to be deleted due to it having a different file setup than Lollipop, and I thought I was screwed, but the device started to boot into what seemed to be Lollipop from the boot animation. Afterwards, it restarted, and me, hoping I wasn't in a boot loop, waited for what seemed like forever; maybe 15 minutes or so, and it finally came to life after a long Marshmallow boot animation. The setup and everything seemed like Marshmallow even though the ROM is working as it should and vibration is increased, and speeds are higher. Build number reports the ROM name and Android 5.1.1 so perhaps the Marshmallow boot partition works with this ROM? I should have researched before trying to install this over stock 6.0.1. Believe me, I thought I'd wasted 60 bucks for a brick. Still, props to the developer for this great operating system. Don't have much to say about battery life as I've not used it yet; also thought I'd add that aspects of 6.0 are still in the ROM, such as the app drawer and notification drop bar. So weird... :good: Just don't make the same mistakes I did.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mysterious Magic (G Watch)

The First Custom G Watch ROM Based on the Android 5.1.1 (LDZ22D) OTA

Prerequisites:

Unlocked Bootloader (fastboot oem unlock)
    ADB Debugging Enabled (Settings > About > Tap on build number 7 times > Swipe back > Developer Options > Enable ADB Debugging)
    Drivers Installed (Windows)

Features:

Rooted out-of-the-gate (su, busybox)
    Init.d support built in (/system/etc/init.d)
    Improved transitions
    Improved speed (slight overclock)
    Improved battery life
    Increased vibration
    Forced GPU rendering
    Easy to use installer (Windows, Linux, OSX)
    Hotplugging of all 4 cores, as needed

Special Thanks:

invisiblek - For his wonderful custom kernel work!
    okibi, arter97, Tomsgt, nagasgura, PlayfulGod, WindyCityRockr, and all other community developers - For their time, effort, and inspiration, in making this watch run faster, better, and even smoother!
    All of the community members, watch owners, and rom flashers - Without my amazing users, and the help of this community, none of this would be possible, or even exist!

Donations:

If you happen to like my ROM and find yourself wishing to donate, you can do so by pressing the "Donate to Me" button below my username on the left side of the screen. I spend my free time developing my contributions to the community, and every penny is greatly appreciated!
    Changelog:

Version 1.0 r2 (7/12/2015) :

- Removed vibration intensity from the tweaks and added it to it's own seperate file, for end user configuration.
    - Removed governor and frequency settings from tweaks and added it to it's own seperate file, for end user configuration.
    - Changed the default governor from ondemand to smartmax, to accomodate the kernel included with this rom.
    • For the best results, refrain from changing the default governor, unless you plan on pairing this rom with a different kernel other than invisiblek's (included).
    - Added the ability to change dpi settings.
    - Added the ability to enable a specific number of cores (when not using the included kernel).
    - Fixed adb, fastboot issues some users were having.
    - Major revisions to the installer!

Version 1.0 (7/5/2015) :

- Initial release.

Downloads:

Version 1.0 r2 (md5: 1c2652a3607a53d889c664eec72a37f2)
    if someone is excited/anxious about someone project to be updated it should be none of your business to talk crap. so piss off mate. none here is insulting the author of the project in any way. Like you said, " smh, only on xda"

I'll say this and won't crowd the thread anymore, all you did was the Xda way of backhandedly drop a post because you have no patience. I'm sure he's well aware the update is out and probably is dealing with real world issues. Get over yourself. No one is thanking your post. With that being said I won't respond anymore here. Pm me if you still have an issue mate. Sorry for the clutter op.

Sent from my LS980 4G using XDA Free mobile app
    Is there a way for me to disable the update notification while on this Rom. I just want to keep enjoying this but hate being reminded that there is an update every time I wake the screen:eek:
    Sent from my Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gms/.update.SystemUpdateService
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gms/.update.SystemUpdateService$ActiveReceiver
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gms/.update.SystemUpdateService$Receiver
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gms/.update.SystemUpdateService$SecretCodeReceiver
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gsf/.update.SystemUpdateActivity
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gsf/.update.SystemUpdatePanoActivity
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gsf/.update.SystemUpdateService
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gsf/.update.SystemUpdateService$Receiver
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gsf/.update.SystemUpdateService$SecretCodeReceiver
    Reboot and you're done :good:
    Rule #1, do not ask about OTA's. The developer will get to it when he can.

Rule #2, respect each other, regardless of differences.

Now that that's out of the way. I'm glad to see that development for this amazing watch hasn't died yet.