• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [5.1.1.] [lt03wifi][P600][Nightly] LiquidSmooth

Search This thread

Athinira

Dec 25, 2013
So i LOVE this ROM. I disconnected my tablet from power at 5 AM and picked it up at 6 PM, and battery was still at 99%. And the animations and everything really is completely smooth. I'm using it with Xposed and GravityBox, and it's simply perfect.

Two things though:
  • [BUG]: The 'Screen Timeout' setting in the quick-settings panel have inconsistencies between what you select and what you get. If you choose 30 minutes, it picks 10 minutes. If you select 10 minutes, it selects 5 minutes. The problem seems to be that there's a missing option on the list for 45 second screen timeout.
  • [FEATURE REQUEST]: Can we please have locked orientation lock the device to the current orientation, rather than always locking it to landscape mode? I like to lock my device in portrait mode a lot of the time (reading eBooks, web browsing, music player, typing etc.).

Again thanks for an amazing ROM. If the quality is like this, I'll stick to it.

mosimchah

Dec 7, 2014
LeEco Le Pro3
ASUS ROG Phone 3
So i LOVE this ROM. I disconnected my tablet from power at 5 AM and picked it up at 6 PM, and battery was still at 99%. And the animations and everything really is completely smooth. I'm using it with Xposed and GravityBox, and it's simply perfect.

Two things though:
  • [BUG]: The 'Screen Timeout' setting in the quick-settings panel have inconsistencies between what you select and what you get. If you choose 30 minutes, it picks 10 minutes. If you select 10 minutes, it selects 5 minutes. The problem seems to be that there's a missing option on the list for 45 second screen timeout.
  • [FEATURE REQUEST]: Can we please have locked orientation lock the device to the current orientation, rather than always locking it to landscape mode? I like to lock my device in portrait mode a lot of the time (reading eBooks, web browsing, music player, typing etc.).

Again thanks for an amazing ROM. If the quality is like this, I'll stick to it.
1. Don't mention or report bugs if you are using Xposed, look at the last few pages of this thread if you want to know why.
2. I use this app for the orientation lock: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.fameit.rotate
It locks the orientation to whatever you want and it works perfectly, it can also force the device to use auto rotate and things like that.

Athinira

Dec 25, 2013
1. Don't mention or report bugs if you are using Xposed, look at the last few pages of this thread if you want to know why.
2. I use this app for the orientation lock: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.fameit.rotate
It locks the orientation to whatever you want and it works perfectly, it can also force the device to use auto rotate and things like that.

1) Just because i mentioned that i use Xposed doesn't mean the bug is related to Xposed. In this case, the bug is also present without Xposed.

While i do appreciate that developers are facing the difficulty of getting a great amount of bug-reports that related to external modules and not the ROM (or kernel) itself, forgive me for calling out your conclusion as being slightly ridiculous. It discourages people from reporting bugs in the first place, which is bad (especially given how widespread Xposed is. So many root-based modules use and/or require it these days: GravityBox, Greenify, SecureSettings, YouTube AdAway, Wanam for TouchWiz. I could go on). Also some bugs (like this one) are really easy to test and confirm, often in less than a minute. This isn't exactly a LogCat-level bug that requires hours of code-audit to trace and confirm.

Also it isn't the first time i face it. It was present on a few 5.0 AOSP ROM's, and i did report it to a few developers back then who fixed it in their nightlies =)

2) I know and use the app. But it does sometimes cause wierd issues for me with rotation, so I'd rather have it build into the ROM. But great recommendation nonetheless :good:

Last edited:

wilzard

Mar 5, 2011
Portland
www.facebook.com
I am very interested in trying this ROM. Loved it on my GS3, looking forward to this one now... except the link in the OP takes me to a nightly download page, and no link for gapps.

What am I missing here?

mosimchah

Dec 7, 2014
LeEco Le Pro3
ASUS ROG Phone 3
I am very interested in trying this ROM. Loved it on my GS3, looking forward to this one now... except the link in the OP takes me to a nightly download page, and no link for gapps.

What am I missing here?

The OP says to use whatever gapps you want, so my best guess is that you should use whatever gapps you want. Just Google gapps or get it from a different ROM thread.
Sent from my LG-D415 using XDA Free mobile app

sbattosai

Nov 13, 2011
Still the "nightly" from may 20th? I don't want to be rude but it should be called a "yearly" at this stage... [emoji6] I mean broken rom is okay but I prefer liquid for multiple reasons... I know you're listening Orion116 ?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Orion116

Nov 20, 2014
Still the "nightly" from may 20th? I don't want to be rude but it should be called a "yearly" at this stage... [emoji6] I mean broken rom is okay but I prefer liquid for multiple reasons... I know you're listening Orion116 ?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Yeah been busy I have liquid layers build done I just haven't tested it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: zole2112

alan081954

Nov 9, 2009
Adams,Tennessee
Just restore your nandroid backup, or flash the stock firmware via Odin. On a side note, why do you want to go back to stock?

I keep getting a google services stopped message and thought I would go back to stock. I'm still using this and getting the same message. I like everything about it except the google thing.

mosimchah

Dec 7, 2014
LeEco Le Pro3
ASUS ROG Phone 3
@Orion116 Okay something weird is happening, whenever I touch the screen with the s-pen the tablet freezes and reboots. I clean flashed to confirm that it was not user error and the issue persisted. Also, the issue does not occur in twrp. This literally did not happen before today. The only change is that on Friday I flashed the new touchwiz 5.1.1 because I wanted to check it out so I figure that the issue has something to do with that. I'm on brokenos 3.9. Here is the link to the logcat and the last_kmsg: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6QpLGntMtYiWTBndll3NkxJLU0&usp=sharing
Do you need any other logs or information about the issue? I'm going to flash the kitkat version of touchwiz and see if that helps.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Update: I flashed the KitKat touchwiz and the issue does not occur. I guess that there is a compatibility issue with the touchwiz 5.1.1 bootloader or something. By the way, Samsung changed some stuff with the s-pen in the update. This may have something to do with it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

colopedo

Apr 30, 2010
Exact same thing thing happens to me on broken 3.9, but not every time, totally random. I clean flashed again, but still the same. Orion looked at my logs and suggested that me messing with app ops might be the problem, so I messed with them less, but it still periodically freezes for a second then reboots.

mosimchah

Dec 7, 2014
LeEco Le Pro3
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Exact same thing thing happens to me on broken 3.9, but not every time, totally random. I clean flashed again, but still the same. Orion looked at my logs and suggested that me messing with app ops might be the problem, so I messed with them less, but it still periodically freezes for a second then reboots.

Huh, I actually started getting the issue again so I clean flashed it and waited 10 minutes for the ROM to settle and everything. I then went through the setup wizard using the s-pen and the tablet froze and rebooted while I was typing my Google account password (I also did this with the s-pen). All I did was flash the ROM and the gapps after a full wipe (system, data, cache, and dalvik cache). Should I take another log?

mosimchah

Dec 7, 2014
LeEco Le Pro3
ASUS ROG Phone 3
I just flashed the latest temasek build and it doesn't have the issue. I need the spen for school but if the bug gets fixed I will use broken again. Thank you for your hard work!

Orion116

Nov 20, 2014
Hmm, odd. I use the s-pen five days a week for two hour blocks per a class. I have had my tablet freeze maybe once a month from the s-pen. The ROM has native plan rejection so no issues there.

Thanks for the logs I will look at those in a bit.

mosimchah

Dec 7, 2014
LeEco Le Pro3
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Hmm, odd. I use the s-pen five days a week for two hour blocks per a class. I have had my tablet freeze maybe once a month from the s-pen. The ROM has native plan rejection so no issues there.

Thanks for the logs I will look at those in a bit.

Yeah, for me it started out as about once a month, but lately its been getting more frequent and as I said, since Friday it has been freezing within a few seconds of s-pen input.

Last edited:

Orion116

Nov 20, 2014
Yeah, for me it started out as about once a month, but lately its been getting more frequent and as I said, since Friday it has been freezing within a few seconds of s-pen input.

Odd. I was running 3.9 before all of you?. No issues except once in a while, but I do reboot almost daily. I test Prime and Prime Palette layers theme.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    liquidsmooth-android-5.0.2-lollipop-galaxy-s3.jpg

DISCLAMER

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

zESWtWRQ9Hzd1BCOZPk6gIk-zB41eXici9wz4wQnicRRfYQHRaEx9Lnd-oGK6A=w426-h237

LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.

Dedicated to providing users with smooth, stable and fast ROMs. A Lightweight modified AOSP base, and then add the features you crave!

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device.

We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

cameron581
    cdub50
    Cl3Kener
    CPA-Poke
    deadman96385
    iiD4x
    itsmikeramsay
    Jarrid42
    johnnyslt
    jsnweitzel
    liquid0624
    mtb300gt
    Ntemis
    reginald476
    rkpeterson
    rwaempires
    sandtod
    Somber73
    sspencer10ls
    TheBr0ken
    timpohladthomas

602019_366829913448757_1521733509_n_zpsd80c2223.png

Code:
    Material Black Theme
    DPI Changer
    Status Bar Settings
    I'll update more features later on

GooglePlus-Logo.jpg

Code:
    [url="https://plus.google.com/b/102153960718796996774/communities/117452480298315341829/stream/d5e8c0fe-5ee7-44df-97a5-6dd8cdcf8bb8"]Check are Google+ for a updates[/URL]

935957_366829960115419_953783660_n.png

Code:
    [url="http://github.com/LiquidSmooth"]LiquidSmooth Github[/URL]

[url="https://github.com/raymanfx/kernel_samsung_lt03wifi"]raymanFX Kernel Source[/URL]

640367759.png

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 p600 Nightly Download

Gapps Download

Use what ever gapps you want.

45971_366829996782082_1342135019_n.png

Screenshot_2014-01-17-22-25-39.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-07.png

Screenshot_2014-01-17-22-23-44.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-13.png

Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-21.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-28.png

Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-35.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-41.png

Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-47.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-55.png

Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-02-04.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-02-14.png

Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-02-34.png

For p600 screen shots: https://plus.google.com/114933367381225581769/posts/EXLFg1UhXvb

sigpic2577558_2.gif

CLICK HERE TO SHOW LIQUIDSMOOTH SOME LOVE :D

LiquidSmooth maintainer for d2usc/vzw & p600
    This is a beta build for the Samsung Note 10.1 (2014)
    Bugs:

Samsung Samsung Note 10.1 (2014) specific bugs:
    First boot takes a while just be patient
    Distortions in recents
    Cannot move apps to external SD Cards, but stuff can be read of the card fix will be available in the future

Install Instructions:

First time installing LiquidSmooth to your Samsung Samsung Note 10.1 (2014), or coming from another ROM:
    - Make sure you're running latest Recovery
    - Copy GApps zip, SuperUser zip and Liquid ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash Liquid zip from internal SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from internal SDCard
    - Reboot
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

A special thanks to @RaymanFX for creating the kernel and device tree.

And a many thanks to @joshndroid for helping me find things?

Any news about the update of this rom?
    Yes, sorry. I was gone for a week and I have been work on another ROM. So I am behind on building LS. I will release an update Friday...

Exciting waiting for the new ROM.. :--))

@Orion116

thank you very much for your rom I love your work I look forward to your new rom:highfive:

Any news about the update of this rom?

So will this be a ROM within this thread or do you plan on starting a new thread specifically for Broken OS? Just curious.

Something special is being posted later?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk