Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

LoScienzo

Aug 13, 2014
England
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Hi, the download page gives Internal Server Error and there is not any link to download:confused::confused:

Don't download the build in this thread, look for the build Thargorsson (LineageOS 14.1 dev) made. It includes the latest security patches and it fixes the app-related reboots.

Edit: further explanation
The CyanogenMod project has shut down and LineageOS has taken its place, just a little research on the topic and you will find plenty of info.
Of course CyanogenMod shutting down means their servers shut down as well, that's why you can't access cyanogenmod.org.

Last edited:
Reactions: persianchild

persianchild

Oct 3, 2013
ISTANBUL
Don't download the build in this thread, look for the build Thargorsson (LineageOS 14.1 dev) made. It includes the latest security patches and it fixes the app-related reboots.

Edit: further explanation
The CyanogenMod project has shut down and LineageOS has taken its place, just a little research on the topic and you will find plenty of info.
Of course CyanogenMod shutting down means their servers shut down as well, that's why you can't access cyanogenmod.org.

Thanks a lot:eek:

Da5Do5

Sep 11, 2017
Hi guys, currently I'm having many problems caused by this ROM like the whatsapp bootloop now which I really need for my studies, any ways please can any of you give a link to download a stable ROM with no major bugs and no more bootloops and thanks a lot

LoScienzo

Aug 13, 2014
England
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Hi guys, currently I'm having many problems caused by this ROM like the whatsapp bootloop now which I really need for my studies, any ways please can any of you give a link to download a stable ROM with no major bugs and no more bootloops and thanks a lot

You could've at least read this post I wrote, it literally is in the last page of the thread.

By the way you don't need to worry, Thargorsson re-built CM12.1 with the latest sources and security patches, eliminating (hopefully all of) the app-related reboots: download the updated CM12.1 build.
(Thanks kickyvivi for the link (you can find it by just searching the thread)).

That should meet your urgent needs, since it's the same official CyanogenMod build, but with no weird boot-loop bugs.

Edit: good luck with your studies :)
Another quick fix for the short run is downloading an older version of WhatsApp, like v2.17.427 which i personally tested, that way you don't need to lose any data or wipe anything:
- reboot in safe mode (hold vol+ and vol- buttons)
- open WhatsApp (from recent apps switcher, it will work if WhatsApp is in the list)
- backup your messages
- uninstall WhatsApp
- install the older version

At this point you can reboot, restore your backup and use the app normally.
This fix works until WhatsApp forces you to update, obviously.

Another tip for when you'll have more free time: LineageOS 14.1, thread here, is almost fully fixed and ready for daily use! Go give the dev some love

Last edited:
Reactions: Beatz106 and Da5Do5

Da5Do5

Sep 11, 2017
You could've at least read this post I wrote, it literally is in the last page of the thread.

By the way you don't need to worry, Thargorsson re-built CM12.1 with the latest sources and security patches, eliminating (hopefully all of) the app-related reboots: download the updated CM12.1 build.
(Thanks kickyvivi for the link (you can find it by just searching the thread)).

That should meet your urgent needs, since it's the same official CyanogenMod build, but with no weird boot-loop bugs.

Edit: good luck with your studies :)
Another quick fix for the short run is downloading an older version of WhatsApp, like v2.17.427 which i personally tested, that way you don't need to lose any data or wipe anything:
- reboot in safe mode (hold vol+ and vol- buttons)
- open WhatsApp (from recent apps switcher, it will work if WhatsApp is in the list)
- backup your messages
- uninstall WhatsApp
- install the older version

At this point you can reboot, restore your backup and use the app normally.
This fix works until WhatsApp forces you to update, obviously.

Another tip for when you'll have more free time: LineageOS 14.1, thread here, is almost fully fixed and ready for daily use! Go give the dev some love

Bro thanks a million for your help you are a true hero.
So now I download the cm u gave and install it without wiping my data ? Or should I do the usual process ? Or is the lineageOS 14.1 much better ?
And thanks you again.

LoScienzo

Aug 13, 2014
England
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Bro thanks a million for your help you are a true hero.
So now I download the cm u gave and install it without wiping my data ? Or should I do the usual process ? Or is the lineageOS 14.1 much better ?
And thanks you again.

A dirty flash (flashing without wiping /data) is not recommended, however we have seen it works (with a couple minor issues, at most) so, if you really need your phone right now, flash right away and you should be ok.

LineageOS 14.1 is better, but I wouldn't fiddle with right now if I were you: you shouldn't waste time setting up a whole new ROM when you need to study, plus the actual final build is not out yet.

Have you tried rebooting in safe mode, though? I don't know if you understood my previous post: that's a way of recovering your phone from this bug when it is already stuck in the boot-loop.
About the "opening WhatsApp even when booted in safe mode" (you shouldn't be able to do that, technically):
you only need to do it if you want to backup your chats.
If at the moment you don't care/don't have time for that you could make a nandroid backup of your current (boot-looped) phone, try and recover it in the future, and you could just uninstall WhatsApp from Settings.
This way you would only lose the data generated in the time between the boot-loop and the moment you restore that boot-looped nandroid backup.

I'd recommend this last solution because it's cleaner than a dirty flash.

Remember to press thanks on helpful posts ;)

Good luck

Reactions: Da5Do5

Da5Do5

Sep 11, 2017
A dirty flash (flashing without wiping /data) is not recommended, however we have seen it works (with a couple minor issues, at most) so, if you really need your phone right now, flash right away and you should be ok.

LineageOS 14.1 is better, but I wouldn't fiddle with right now if I were you: you shouldn't waste time setting up a whole new ROM when you need to study, plus the actual final build is not out yet.

Have you tried rebooting in safe mode, though? I don't know if you understood my previous post: that's a way of recovering your phone from this bug when it is already stuck in the boot-loop.
About the "opening WhatsApp even when booted in safe mode" (you shouldn't be able to do that, technically):
you only need to do it if you want to backup your chats.
If at the moment you don't care/don't have time for that you could make a nandroid backup of your current (boot-looped) phone, try and recover it in the future, and you could just uninstall WhatsApp from Settings.
This way you would only lose the data generated in the time between the boot-loop and the moment you restore that boot-looped nandroid backup.

I'd recommend this last solution because it's cleaner than a dirty flash.

Remember to press thanks on helpful posts ;)

Good luck

Okey bro again thanks for your help and your time I really appreciated :good: . Any ways I didn't understand everything but I'm going to download the ROM you gave me and a pagapps and install them from the recovery (the usual process). Again thank you very much I hope the best for you.

atsxp

Feb 15, 2008
Hello

Cm12.1 was the most stable custom rom but unfortunately it has no further support

and for sorry there is no other complete stable official rom has been released for this device

i think there is a ported rom from S7 its works fine with no errors but the problem is that programs detect the device as S5 not S3 neo like xda developer's application and i have to change model no.
Is there any way to change Model Number from GT-G903M to GT-I9300I

Also the battery gives wronge indications as its written as 3000 not 2600mAh

And if there is a way to return menu botton instade of opened application it will be great

Please help if there is a solution

Thanks anyway

Last edited:

sarius02

Feb 19, 2017
Karlsruhe, Germany
Hello

Cm12.1 was the most stable custom rom but unfortunately it has no further support

and for sorry there is no other complete stable official rom has been released for this device

i think there is a ported rom from S7 its works fine with no errors but the problem is that programs detect the device as S5 not S3 neo like xda developer's application and i have to change model no.
Is there any way to change Model Number from GT-G903M to GT-I9300I

Also the battery gives wronge indications as its written as 3000 not 2600mAh

And if there is a way to return menu botton instade of opened application it will be great

Please help if there is a solution

Thanks anyway

I think the model number and battery information is stored in the "build.prop" file. If you have root access, you'll be able to edit it.
For menu button I don't know whether you can remap it "officially" with Project Lucky S7 Style, but you can take a look on the app "button mapper" (sry if the name is not entirely correct), this could probably help you along.

Finally, as you're asking questions about Project Lucky S7 Style ROM, I don't really understand why you didn't use this thread to ask;)

atsxp

Feb 15, 2008
I think the model number and battery information is stored in the "build.prop" file. If you have root access, you'll be able to edit it.
For menu button I don't know whether you can remap it "officially" with Project Lucky S7 Style, but you can take a look on the app "button mapper" (sry if the name is not entirely correct), this could probably help you along.

Finally, as you're asking questions about Project Lucky S7 Style ROM, I don't really understand why you didn't use this thread to ask;)

Well i posted here as well as here is devolopers and they r more professional than porting roms
Yet i already posted there also

But how to edit build.prop file i am not a developer

Thank you for replay

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][5.1.1][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 for S3 Neo[LEGACY]

5ZlbRXW.png

NOTE: PLEASE ALSO READ ALL OF THE FAQ IN THE SECOND POST. IT COVERS MANY OF THE COMMON PROBLEMS AND QUESTIONS!

CyanogenMod 12.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.x (Lolipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Changelog:
    https://www.cmxlog.com/12.1/s3ve3g/

Requirements:
    • Custom recovery (either TWRP or CyanogenMod)
    • Soon other things will be added

Known Bugs/Issues: (fixed nightly date)
    • NFC
    • If camera not working flash this: LINK
    • Offline charging(02.09.2016)
    • (Please don't ask ETA for any bug fixes)

Bug reports for this ROM should be officially submitted via CyanogenMod's Jira bug tracking sytstem. Please fully read the FAQ entry on bugs and bug submission before submitting any tickets.

FAQ, other information:
    Soon

Download:
    https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=s3ve3g

Note to users: I'm not responsible if you brick your phone. See the disclaimer above.
    Note to admins/moderators: I'm not a developer / contributor of CyanogenMod and not associated with Cyanogen, Inc. in any way. If this thread is inappropriate, please move/delete it.

Thanks to These People:
    Zola
    @rox
    Abhisek Devkota
    Samsung Devs
    CyanogenMod Devs

XDA:DevDB Information
    Cyanogenmod12.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo

Contributors
    n1kolaa, Zola III
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2016-08-22
    Beta Release Date: 2015-10-19

Created 2015-09-23
    Last Updated 2018-05-14
    Donations for s3 dual sim

Use "Send payment" option on paypal
    @Ahmad Tawfik: 1,62 USD; 1,18 USD
    @S3-Neo 5 USD
    @naik2902 6.00 USD
    @aelfinn 5.51 USD
    @St.Ungulant 5.49 USD
    Ulrich 10.99 USD!
    @Droidaner 13.49 US
    I need about 50 euros for used dual sim phone :)
    Today will be relased new relase,
    changes: LINK
    offline charging shoud be fixed thanks to @iBullRay
    add some security patches to kernel and some perfomances inprovment
    If you use xposed and rom get buggy i cant help you i dont support custom kernels and xposed...
    CM12.1 is dead. Will start soon cm13.0 biringup with that kernel that i used on cm12.1 CM13.0 is now builded weekly
    This is updated kernel with more security patches. Thanks for donation Ahmed i recived it! If cm13.0 get booted i will make new thread. After cm13.0 will try to build cm14.1 too. My eta is new year!
    http://www119.zippyshare.com/v/wiCqiIxu/file.html
    i found more optimizations for kernel and rom. Speed are now 2x more than stock, but im realy sory no time right now to mess with cm13.0 it need a lot things from cm and from us but im 1000% shure most of bug are due to problem with updateded blobs on vendor. I will relase next cm12.1 updata sometime next week. I hope you all enjoyed 09. update. :)
    I must to study hard untill june then if theres no stabile cm13 i will inprove it or make better bringup but will see what time will bring tu us :) I hope most of you you will understood me. This takes a lot time and collage too but collage is inportant and this is just hoby :)