[ROM][5.1.1][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1

Search This thread

audianer

Aug 16, 2015
Munich
Hey, i'm using the last nightly.
Sometimes when somebody calls me or if i call someone, i cant hear anything! Meanwhile whatsapp works call and music works! Only a reboot fix that problem.

Where is the problem? Rom? Kernel? Modem?

Thanks in advance ;)

Last edited:

luptatorul

Jul 19, 2013
Iasi
www.something.com
Hey guys, I have a question. I am running the latest 12.1 nightly with alucard kernel. Everytime i try to run Antutu or Geekbench, my phone closes itself. This happens to me on many ROMs, also on 12.1. I tried running the benchmarks with the stock kernel too, the same thing happens. I managed to run the two of them once with alucard kernel, but that's it. Now everytime i try to run them, my phone closes itself. Any solutions, please? Appreciate it!

Folgore89

Dec 23, 2013
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Where do you find old nightlies? I only found the cm-12.1-20151007-SNAPSHOT-YOG4PAO333-klte on Cyanogen website, and a dude posted cm-12.1-20151226-NIGHTLY-klte in another forum.

Right now I am using the latter release. Everything works fine, I only experience a screen flickering issue when brightness is set to the minimum, both on the snapshot and on nightly releases. I tried a lot of fixes (NoMoreOverlay module for xposed, disable animations in dev options, disable auto brightness). It happens randomly only when it's to the minimum, it is sufficient to set the brightness slightly higher than that to avoid the issue.

luptatorul

Jul 19, 2013
Iasi
www.something.com
Where do you find old nightlies? I only found the cm-12.1-20151007-SNAPSHOT-YOG4PAO333-klte on Cyanogen website, and a dude posted cm-12.1-20151226-NIGHTLY-klte in another forum.

Right now I am using the latter release. Everything works fine, I only experience a screen flickering issue when brightness is set to the minimum, both on the snapshot and on nightly releases. I tried a lot of fixes (NoMoreOverlay module for xposed, disable animations in dev options, disable auto brightness). It happens randomly only when it's to the minimum, it is sufficient to set the brightness slightly higher than that to avoid the issue.

The nightlies for 12.1 were removed from the CM website, I found the 20151226 version on that dude's post :) I am using that one currently. I just want to find one good stable cm/aosp based rom that works flawlessly

rlopess

Jun 27, 2015
The nightlies for 12.1 were removed from the CM website, I found the 20151226 version on that dude's post :) I am using that one currently. I just want to find one good stable cm/aosp based rom that works flawlessly

Have you tried CM 11? There's a new build (20160320). I'm testing here, so far so good, I just miss CM 13 Snap cam. I don't have Wi-Fi issues, modem HOL2, and about bluetooth, that seems to be the biggest S4 issue with all roms, I sadly can't say, I don't use it.

Reactions: luptatorul

tethnekos

Aug 22, 2011
Hello,
I just installed the stable version of this ROM and I'm wondering if exist a way to move the time field in lock screen.

As you can see, the time fileld isn't aligned whith the window in the cover, in the stock ROM it is.

WWBBpaP.jpg

BigJim.T32

Jan 16, 2010
Hello,
I just installed the stable version of this ROM and I'm wondering if exist a way to move the time field in lock screen.

As you can see, the time fileld isn't aligned whith the window in the cover, in the stock ROM it is.

Annoying! :mad:
What do you use to display that large digital clock - is it a widget?
Personally, even though I love the rom, I still use NovaLauncher as my launcher (homescreen) app rather than (iirc) trebuchet, the one that comes "stock" with CM... (I switched to a different launcher as soon as I flashed the rom)

Of the many (to me, unused) widgets that come with Nova with are analogue and digital clocks that can be sized and re-positioned where you like.
Personally, I'd try that (or some other combination of widget/launcher that suits your tastes better). :good:

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Excuse the blatant double-post, but wanted to try & keep the feedback separate.. :angel:

what I have found for you:
Prob #1: the SD card cannot be saved to directly from your PC.. its not like an actual card or flash drive is being inserted.. your going through your android phone.. I have to save to my PC drive then copy and paste to my phones SD card via MicroUSB cable.

Well, again - I promised to come back & report how I was getting on... You know how I'd been trying to get proper UMS to work for ages on this rom, right?
Even though the Storage>Settings>Computer Connection menue seems to give the option to mount as UMS (Mass Storage), I only got that "Please insert a disk into drive xxx" error message whenever I tried to use UMS under Cm12.1.

So, in the interest of helping out anyone else who was lamenting the loss of Mas Storage, and was equally annoyed at Google's decision to remove it from Android, I've linked below the app by XDA'er GokulNC that finally enabled me to use UMS again (yippee!) under CM12.1 on my S4.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-universal-mass-storage-enabler-beta-t3240097

As-per my feedback in the above thread, both hard & soft methods confirmed working in CM12.1 on my i9505, you just need to enable it in the app, and then you can use the Storage>Settings>Computer Connection (3-dot) options in CM12.1 to toggle between MPT and UMS as you like...

Last edited:
Reactions: tethnekos

BigJim.T32

Jan 16, 2010
It's the CM12.1 stock lock screen. Nothing special.

Ah ok, my bad - like I say, i switched-out the launcher app as soon as I flashed the rom (I knew I'd be wanting nova right off the bat)...
Does your lockscreen settings menue allow you to use a "blank" lockscreen, and then you can add a (moveable) widget perhaps?

*EDIT* Since I'm running the same rom I just checked, and no, it appears the CM12.1 lockscreen settings menu doesn't give that option - so I can only suggest trying a different launcher app, and see if you can customise where the lockscreen clock is located?
Mine defaults to approximately the same position as yours to be honest! (I held my phone up against the photo you posted to check :silly: )

Perhaps something like C Locker would help? (i believe it allows you to add widgets to the lockscreen that wouldn't normally reside on the lockscreen - not sure if it would remove the standard lockscreen clock though)

Last edited:
Reactions: tethnekos

BlackSabbath

Nov 28, 2007
Torino
Hello,

WWBBpaP.jpg

You can use this extension: Lock screen clock mods, the only thing is that you must have xposed installed...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/app-lock-screen-clock-mods-t3069272/post59810253
To change clock and date position you must change Container translation value (ex. -250 to move up...). Tested on cm12 and cm13... :good:

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht

Google is our best friend ever ;).
LINK-> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24352994023706313

adamforeman

Jun 30, 2010
London

Me too! I haven't seen that ROM dated that, however I have found AntaresOne's hosted files on www.androidfilehost.com

According to this listing, his last update is Optimized CM-12.1-20160118-jflte. I have no idea if it solves anyone's issues, but I'm going to try it on my wife's S4. Samsung's stock ROM is over 1 Gb in size compared to a CM build. It frees up the phones internal memory and speeds it up by being pure without all the Samsung bloatware.

LINK: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24369303960688138

Douglas Henrique

Sep 4, 2013
After 2 years using Cyanogen 11 i think(4.4 kit kat) and without updating via OTA , i decided to check if is there any new update, after seeing a new one available i put my phone to update, everything was very normal but after restart the screen keeps turning off, like this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7_xmQg6v7I.
I did a factory reset and same problem, so i decided to install CM 12.1 and for my surprise the problem still persist.
Can anyone help me ?
Galaxy S4 I9505

EDIT 1: downloaded last 4.4 kitkat from cyanogen website and same problem for my surprise

Last edited:

terryspanky

Jun 28, 2013
I can't change resolution in this rom. The app that I use is NOMone Resolution Changer. It seems to work in other roms except this one.. Please tell me a workaround on this..

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Can you help me? I'm want to change my phone resolution with this app NOMone Resolution Changer. It's working great on other rom except this one. Something is preventing it from changing. Is there a workaround in this?

Rhoban

Jan 8, 2015
Dobra
I can't change resolution in this rom. The app that I use is NOMone Resolution Changer. It seems to work in other roms except this one.. Please tell me a workaround on this..

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Can you help me? I'm want to change my phone resolution with this app NOMone Resolution Changer. It's working great on other rom except this one. Something is preventing it from changing. Is there a workaround in this?

Click me!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    nqctjt.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Official CyanogenMod Wiki:http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Main_Page

Important information:
    This thread is for CyanogenMod 12.1 builds for jfltexx (GT-I9505). The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Installation

First time flashing CyanogenMod 12.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    • Download the zip(s)
    • Install a compatible Recovery
    • Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe data/factory reset
    • Flash CyanogenMod
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    • Reboot

Useful links
    Unofficial jfltexx changelog
    CyanogenMod Wiki jfltexx
    Jira issue tracker - don't report bugs for nightly builds!

Other issues?
    Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

• You used the search function of the forums.
    • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
    • Logs! You can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog

Downloads

CyanogenMod:
    Nightlies: http://get.cm/?device=jfltexx
    We have de-unified the Galaxy S4 line. Too many issues with having them all in one and a maintainer's nightmare. Look for jfltexx builds now as opposed to the jflte builds you previously used.

Google Apps:
    OpenGApps (choose ARM, 5.1, nano)

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies for the Qualcomm Intl Galaxy S4, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    AntaresOne
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_jf/tree/cm-12.1

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-04-21
    Last Updated 2015-12-30
    @peppeson @lipps @kwert
    This is going to be a slightly long post. :) I started digging in to the Bluetooth problem, because it's been bothering me since, well, forever, both on Galaxy S4 (I9505) and S2 (I9100). Turns out its quite a mess with multiple moving parts, so to speak.

First thing I found is that the Broadcom vendor library for Bluetooth is missing an implementation for a function called "ssr_cleanup". Our S4 uses Broadcom, so this is definitely an issue. The implementation is missing all the way upstream in AOSP sources.
    File in question: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_hardware_broadcom_libbt/blob/cm-12.1/src/bt_vendor_brcm.c (Google: https://android.googlesource.com/pl...libbt/+/android-5.1.1_r4/src/bt_vendor_brcm.c)

This missing function causes the following error in the log:
    Code:
    E/bt-hci  ( 3577): Num consecutive HCI Cmd tout =2 Restarting BT process
    E/bt-btif ( 3577): bte_ssr_cleanup
    F/libc    ( 3577): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1, fault addr 0x0 in tid 9919 (bluedroid wake/)
    I did my own implementation for this, mimicking the ssr_cleanup in Qualcom BT vendor lib. Compiled, replaced /system/vendor/lib/libbt-vendor.so and "Fatal signal 11" disappeared from the logs. Just as expected.

However, this is NOT what causes the random BT disconnects. ssr_cleanup is just what happens after BTU HCI commands timeout twice consecutively.

When BTU HCI commands time out twice consecutively, the following takes place:
    • ssr_cleanup is called
    • wait 20 milliseconds
    • "Killing the process to force a restart as part of fault tolerance" (i.e. the Bluetooth process is killed)
    So, just to test, I removed killing of the Bluetooth process from the code. Compiled, replaced system bluetooth.default.so, and ssr_cleanup/killing the process no longer happens.

Of course, this didn't help, because things have already gone wrong when the HCI commands are timing out.

As a note: at this point, the Bluetooth connection was stable for a random length of time (first test 3 hours, this morning a few minutes). Once the HCI commands start timing out, the connection will become unstable, possibly disconnect from my computer/car's handsfree, and it will remain so until Bluetooth is restarted. Of course, with the modifications I had implemented, the BT process was not automatically killed/restarted.

I googled for "BTU HCI command timeout", and found that it's a common problem for at least Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, and HTC One. On StackOverflow, somebody commented that: "Of note, with specific code, the Galaxy S4 will automatically reconnect when this occurs, leading us to believe there is an issue in the BLE stack that Samsung identified and developed custom handling for." So Samsung may have implemented a way of quickly restarting the BT process without interfering with the ongoing connections. I have noticed when using I9505 GPE 5.0.1 that sometimes the BT connection becomes unresponsive for a second or two, but then just resumes without disconnecting.

So what this boils down to is:
    • We need to find out why BTU HCI commands are timing out, and can we avoid it?
    • Figure out how to recover from this situation without breaking the Bluetooth connections
    • Or at least quickly connect/disconnect when faults occur
    Before these problems are figured out, I doubt that CM or AOSP will have reliable Bluetooth on Galaxy S4.
    Bluetooth works just fine for me on stock TW or GPE roms, but I really like CM much more because of its smoothness and functionalities...

I have thought of replacing the CM Bluetooth with GPE implementation. However, I do not have the skills for that. Simply replacing the BT-related .so and .apk files ended up in loads of FCs.
    @AntaresOne Any idea how to start fixing this BT?
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/105411/

you guys need to realize that the handfull of people contributing for jf have moved on from jf. we get no benefit from this. lots of complaining not lots of logs

Be assured that your work and join in discussion is appreciated not only by jf owners.
    [emoji4]
    jactivelte and other Qcomm devices profit when competent people do real coding in Gerrit like you do.

When comparing the commits of (not sure if still maintainer?) AntaresOne:
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/owner:"Mattia+D'Alleva+%3Cantaresone%40antaresone.eu%3E"

with

dcd:
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/owner:"dcd+%3Cdcd1182%40gmail.com%3E"

the difference in numbers of merged commits is jaw-dropping [emoji6]

Agree with you that output of logcat is more helpful than words like "X or Y not working".

Please do stay.

ThumbsUp button under every post is free to use in case you're in the mood to show appreciation.

Or started own projects based on CM like "Optimized CyanogenMod 12.1 builds". I still dont get it. Why do we need a optimized Build. Why can't people just contribute those "optimizations" and fixes to the normal CM repo, so that everyone can profit.

So, the point of sending patches to gerrit seldom makes some people acting bad saying that somebody or his work are useless. I have never been a fulltime developer with all the other things I have to do outside jf and while jf tree is practically done. You started comparisions between me and another maintainer, now seriously, do we need that? What can you get from it?

Some people still think that CM maintainers are paid, so I'm basically nothing more than a thief since I'm committing once in a period. Now dear people, CM maintainers are NOT paid. I am in Italy, not in the U.S., situation is very bad and quality of life terribly decreased. More than "losing time" on something which doesn't give me any form of payment I focus in working on what can really give me some money back, but I'm glad to commit on gerrit when needed.

If the dev(s)/maintainer don't read this thread (busy with work and personal life, summer etc.) is defined as useless, right no?

Optimized ROM is how I personally want CM, and 99/100 things inside can't be added to official CM due to how these things work. I am free to do whatever I want.

"Why do we need", remember you're not paying for what you can find here. You can't say that in respect of me, my team and whoever spends time doing something for the community. Very bad, rude and offensive. @feydakin: you used that ROM and now saying that is useless, nice job...

How many times I asked for a log and didn't get anything? I always checked this thread daily and daily wrote here before half of June. Even if I'm not writing I'm still always checking. Don't be bad and arrogant with me only because @dcd1182 is here, but keep intact your common sense, respect in me and seriousness as it was before. I have never been arrogant or disrespectful with you.

Lastly, just for the chronicle, my XDA activity decreased a lot since June (I have a personal life, don't know about you) and I'm sorry if I missed many messages.

Close OT.

Hi guys, which has been the most stable nightly so far? Thanks

Hello,
    I would install the most recent, always contains latest patches which are not available in the older builds

EDIT: I saw the other user said that every build after 4 August has issues with LiveDisplay. So install that one, I can't check myself if it's actually working or not at the moment

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505
    Official Cyanogenmod 12.1 Snapshot Stable Released For GT-I9505

Check Here:-https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=jfltexx
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone