[ROM][5.1.1][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1

Search This thread

MasterLinuxer

Jun 14, 2011
I'm suffering from battery drain and can't figure out what causes it. Drain is constantly about 7-8%/h no matter what I do.
CM v20151012.
BBS and GSam don't really give (me) a clue on what to look at. Android Battery Stats are totally bull cause the percentages don't add up at all...
The battery diagram doesn't really show a degradation. There are no sudden drops at all.

Any idea on what could cause this? Thank you.

Screenshots attached.
Log attached.

Same thing happens to me, battery drains like hell and out of 6 hours of my sleep the CPU was awake for a bit more than 5 (and it was caused by "Android OS").

Does anybody have a fix?

Segelflugpilot

Mar 8, 2016
i am sorry, but my english is not so well. Have you any sync Problems? What apps have you got installed? especially wat google or System apps.

QuantumRZ

May 23, 2014
Hey guys please help me out.
I already googled it and searched the thread.

I have a Problem:
Incoming and outgoing calls don't have sound. Nor does the mic work.
But if I plug in my Headset it works.

It seems to be a common CM-Rom issue but none of the fixes i tried worked.

Please help me, its a important funktion

Galaxy S4 I9505 - Albe95 ASTRA N5 Port v2 - Arter Xposed v75 ?

sh4z

No devs are working on this ROM right now. AFAIK. Sorry guys!

So you guys posting issues are unlikely to get fixed. I'd be happy to be proven wrong and a new nightly is released but I believe most of the s4 cm12.1 devs are now working on CM13.

There are few solutions to these issues, downgrade to CM11, downgrade to stock or modded Samsung, downgrade to a previous nightly which works mostly but has battery drain and BT issues, upgrade to CM13 and live with similar BT,RR, battery life issues to the last official CM12.1 nightly. Unfortunately all the official CM12.1 previous nightlies are not available on the cm site anymore so downgrading isn't really possible unless someone has saved the install zip. I didn't like this idea anyway, and don't consider CM13 stable yet so I won't try it again for a while.

Personally I've switched to Optimized CM12.1 by JDCTeam, fixed my BT issues (99%) and problems with calls on the last official nightly. Battery life is OK for standby but does probably drain a bit more under use than stock (but ROM is fast!) The only major issue apart from strong battery use is my haptic feedback is not working (lol) no vibrate. Rom is version 20160225, there is a 20160226 version but I have not tried it yet.

Optimized CM12.1 is also EOL (End of life) like official so yeah! I'm waiting for Optimized CM13 atm...

There were a couple nightlies during August and October which work better than the last nightly (20151226), the newest one (with least issues) is probably 20151223 from my experience .. I don't have any of these versions from August to October. Most of them had battery drain though.

I also get my Galaxy S7 edge soon so I probably won't visit this sub forum much anymore! Best of luck to you all!

Last edited:

side

Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jul 30, 2014
Thessaloniki
Samsung Galaxy S4
No devs are working on this ROM right now. AFAIK. Sorry guys!

So you guys posting issues are unlikely to get fixed. I'd be happy to be proven wrong and a new nightly is released but I believe most of the s4 cm12.1 devs are now working on CM13.

There are few solutions to these issues, downgrade to CM11, downgrade to stock or modded Samsung, downgrade to a previous nightly which works mostly but has battery drain and BT issues, upgrade to CM13 and live with similar BT,RR, battery life issues to the last official CM12.1 nightly. Unfortunately all the official CM12.1 previous nightlies are not available on the cm site anymore so downgrading isn't really possible unless someone has saved the install zip. I didn't like this idea anyway, and don't consider CM13 stable yet so I won't try it again for a while.

Personally I've switched to Optimized CM12.1 by JDCTeam, fixed my BT issues (99%) and problems with calls on the last official nightly. Battery life is OK for standby but does probably drain a bit more under use than stock (but ROM is fast!) The only major issue apart from strong battery use is my haptic feedback is not working (lol) no vibrate. Rom is version 20160225, there is a 20160226 version but I have not tried it yet.

Optimized CM12.1 is also EOL (End of life) like official so yeah! I'm waiting for Optimized CM13 atm...

There were a couple nightlies during August and October which work better than the last nightly (20151226), the newest one (with least issues) is probably 20151223 from my experience .. I don't have any of these versions from August to October. Most of them had battery drain though.

I also get my Galaxy S7 edge soon so I probably won't visit this sub forum much anymore! Best of luck to you all!
no bt issues at optimized cm13 guys.
tomorrow check the threads at xda :)

side

Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jul 30, 2014
Thessaloniki
Samsung Galaxy S4

JohnVo

Jan 13, 2014
Melbourne
Realme GT Neo 2
I'm using the lastest CM 12.1 release (20151117). So far so good.
Not sure if 20-30% drain per hour with wifi constantly on when downloading apps is a good thing or not, but I'll report if there are any bugs with the ROM

BigJim.T32

Jan 16, 2010
I'm using the lastest CM 12.1 release (20151117). So far so good.
Not sure if 20-30% drain per hour with wifi constantly on when downloading apps is a good thing or not, but I'll report if there are any bugs with the ROM

I'm using the same build & I don't find the same sort of battery drain, even during prolonged heavy wifi use - I only occasionally check my battery stats, I don't consciously log them or anything, so my experience is really only anecdotal - but I don't get anything like that sort of drain - ouch! :eek:

JohnVo

Jan 13, 2014
Melbourne
Realme GT Neo 2
I'm using the same build & I don't find the same sort of battery drain, even during prolonged heavy wifi use - I only occasionally check my battery stats, I don't consciously log them or anything, so my experience is really only anecdotal - but I don't get anything like that sort of drain - ouch! :eek:

After a few hours of using CM 12.1 20151117, I'm quite disappointed though. Battery drain 10% for 20 minutes browsing with UC browser.
And I did everything I could to save power (black theme, black wall paper, underclock...) but still. Downgrade to CM 11 to see if the problem is from my phone or CM :confused:

Bassesh

Aug 24, 2012
After a few hours of using CM 12.1 20151117, I'm quite disappointed though. Battery drain 10% for 20 minutes browsing with UC browser.
And I did everything I could to save power (black theme, black wall paper, underclock...) but still. Downgrade to CM 11 to see if the problem is from my phone or CM :confused:

It doesn´t sound good :(
Pls tell us about your experience and comparison between those roms :)

JohnVo

Jan 13, 2014
Melbourne
Realme GT Neo 2
It doesn´t sound good :(
Pls tell us about your experience and comparison between those roms :)

Probably it's just my phone. I guess the battery is a bit degraded though (I bought a second-hand i9505). In term of battery life, I don't think there are much differences between CM 11 and CM 12.1. However, for the latest released CM 11, I did experience some lags and random freezes.
Btw, does baseband have any impacts on battery life? My phone is Telstra-unlocked phone and I flashed tar file via Odin without checking if it's for Telstra model. Maybe that's the problem why my battery drains too quickly? :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    nqctjt.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Official CyanogenMod Wiki:http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Main_Page

Important information:
    This thread is for CyanogenMod 12.1 builds for jfltexx (GT-I9505). The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Installation

First time flashing CyanogenMod 12.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    • Download the zip(s)
    • Install a compatible Recovery
    • Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe data/factory reset
    • Flash CyanogenMod
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    • Reboot

Useful links
    Unofficial jfltexx changelog
    CyanogenMod Wiki jfltexx
    Jira issue tracker - don't report bugs for nightly builds!

Other issues?
    Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

• You used the search function of the forums.
    • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
    • Logs! You can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog

Downloads

CyanogenMod:
    Nightlies: http://get.cm/?device=jfltexx
    We have de-unified the Galaxy S4 line. Too many issues with having them all in one and a maintainer's nightmare. Look for jfltexx builds now as opposed to the jflte builds you previously used.

Google Apps:
    OpenGApps (choose ARM, 5.1, nano)

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies for the Qualcomm Intl Galaxy S4, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    AntaresOne
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_jf/tree/cm-12.1

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-04-21
    Last Updated 2015-12-30
    @peppeson @lipps @kwert
    This is going to be a slightly long post. :) I started digging in to the Bluetooth problem, because it's been bothering me since, well, forever, both on Galaxy S4 (I9505) and S2 (I9100). Turns out its quite a mess with multiple moving parts, so to speak.

First thing I found is that the Broadcom vendor library for Bluetooth is missing an implementation for a function called "ssr_cleanup". Our S4 uses Broadcom, so this is definitely an issue. The implementation is missing all the way upstream in AOSP sources.
    File in question: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_hardware_broadcom_libbt/blob/cm-12.1/src/bt_vendor_brcm.c (Google: https://android.googlesource.com/pl...libbt/+/android-5.1.1_r4/src/bt_vendor_brcm.c)

This missing function causes the following error in the log:
    Code:
    E/bt-hci  ( 3577): Num consecutive HCI Cmd tout =2 Restarting BT process
    E/bt-btif ( 3577): bte_ssr_cleanup
    F/libc    ( 3577): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1, fault addr 0x0 in tid 9919 (bluedroid wake/)
    I did my own implementation for this, mimicking the ssr_cleanup in Qualcom BT vendor lib. Compiled, replaced /system/vendor/lib/libbt-vendor.so and "Fatal signal 11" disappeared from the logs. Just as expected.

However, this is NOT what causes the random BT disconnects. ssr_cleanup is just what happens after BTU HCI commands timeout twice consecutively.

When BTU HCI commands time out twice consecutively, the following takes place:
    • ssr_cleanup is called
    • wait 20 milliseconds
    • "Killing the process to force a restart as part of fault tolerance" (i.e. the Bluetooth process is killed)
    So, just to test, I removed killing of the Bluetooth process from the code. Compiled, replaced system bluetooth.default.so, and ssr_cleanup/killing the process no longer happens.

Of course, this didn't help, because things have already gone wrong when the HCI commands are timing out.

As a note: at this point, the Bluetooth connection was stable for a random length of time (first test 3 hours, this morning a few minutes). Once the HCI commands start timing out, the connection will become unstable, possibly disconnect from my computer/car's handsfree, and it will remain so until Bluetooth is restarted. Of course, with the modifications I had implemented, the BT process was not automatically killed/restarted.

I googled for "BTU HCI command timeout", and found that it's a common problem for at least Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, and HTC One. On StackOverflow, somebody commented that: "Of note, with specific code, the Galaxy S4 will automatically reconnect when this occurs, leading us to believe there is an issue in the BLE stack that Samsung identified and developed custom handling for." So Samsung may have implemented a way of quickly restarting the BT process without interfering with the ongoing connections. I have noticed when using I9505 GPE 5.0.1 that sometimes the BT connection becomes unresponsive for a second or two, but then just resumes without disconnecting.

So what this boils down to is:
    • We need to find out why BTU HCI commands are timing out, and can we avoid it?
    • Figure out how to recover from this situation without breaking the Bluetooth connections
    • Or at least quickly connect/disconnect when faults occur
    Before these problems are figured out, I doubt that CM or AOSP will have reliable Bluetooth on Galaxy S4.
    Bluetooth works just fine for me on stock TW or GPE roms, but I really like CM much more because of its smoothness and functionalities...

I have thought of replacing the CM Bluetooth with GPE implementation. However, I do not have the skills for that. Simply replacing the BT-related .so and .apk files ended up in loads of FCs.
    @AntaresOne Any idea how to start fixing this BT?
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/105411/

you guys need to realize that the handfull of people contributing for jf have moved on from jf. we get no benefit from this. lots of complaining not lots of logs

Be assured that your work and join in discussion is appreciated not only by jf owners.
    [emoji4]
    jactivelte and other Qcomm devices profit when competent people do real coding in Gerrit like you do.

When comparing the commits of (not sure if still maintainer?) AntaresOne:
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/owner:"Mattia+D'Alleva+%3Cantaresone%40antaresone.eu%3E"

with

dcd:
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/owner:"dcd+%3Cdcd1182%40gmail.com%3E"

the difference in numbers of merged commits is jaw-dropping [emoji6]

Agree with you that output of logcat is more helpful than words like "X or Y not working".

Please do stay.

ThumbsUp button under every post is free to use in case you're in the mood to show appreciation.

Or started own projects based on CM like "Optimized CyanogenMod 12.1 builds". I still dont get it. Why do we need a optimized Build. Why can't people just contribute those "optimizations" and fixes to the normal CM repo, so that everyone can profit.

So, the point of sending patches to gerrit seldom makes some people acting bad saying that somebody or his work are useless. I have never been a fulltime developer with all the other things I have to do outside jf and while jf tree is practically done. You started comparisions between me and another maintainer, now seriously, do we need that? What can you get from it?

Some people still think that CM maintainers are paid, so I'm basically nothing more than a thief since I'm committing once in a period. Now dear people, CM maintainers are NOT paid. I am in Italy, not in the U.S., situation is very bad and quality of life terribly decreased. More than "losing time" on something which doesn't give me any form of payment I focus in working on what can really give me some money back, but I'm glad to commit on gerrit when needed.

If the dev(s)/maintainer don't read this thread (busy with work and personal life, summer etc.) is defined as useless, right no?

Optimized ROM is how I personally want CM, and 99/100 things inside can't be added to official CM due to how these things work. I am free to do whatever I want.

"Why do we need", remember you're not paying for what you can find here. You can't say that in respect of me, my team and whoever spends time doing something for the community. Very bad, rude and offensive. @feydakin: you used that ROM and now saying that is useless, nice job...

How many times I asked for a log and didn't get anything? I always checked this thread daily and daily wrote here before half of June. Even if I'm not writing I'm still always checking. Don't be bad and arrogant with me only because @dcd1182 is here, but keep intact your common sense, respect in me and seriousness as it was before. I have never been arrogant or disrespectful with you.

Lastly, just for the chronicle, my XDA activity decreased a lot since June (I have a personal life, don't know about you) and I'm sorry if I missed many messages.

Close OT.

Hi guys, which has been the most stable nightly so far? Thanks

Hello,
    I would install the most recent, always contains latest patches which are not available in the older builds

EDIT: I saw the other user said that every build after 4 August has issues with LiveDisplay. So install that one, I can't check myself if it's actually working or not at the moment

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505
    Official Cyanogenmod 12.1 Snapshot Stable Released For GT-I9505

Check Here:-https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=jfltexx