D802 with custom kernel
Nightly Build: exodus-5.1-20151022-NIGHTLY-d802

Attachments

• exodus.png
    exodus.png
    216.4 KB · Views: 354

gates89

Sep 15, 2014
How is the battery? How much hours of sot can you make?

N°4 privet drive, little winging surrey

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
How is the battery? How much hours of sot can you make?

N°4 privet drive, little winging surrey

That's a terrible way to look at battery life considering possible wakelocks, signal strength, plus about 50 other contributing factors.

This has the best battery battery life of any other cm based ROM I've flashed with the exception of a vs980 only PAC ROM build.

Make a backup, and flash it. Only takes five minutes to restore a backup

jmccau1

Jul 6, 2012
That's a terrible way to look at battery life considering possible wakelocks, signal strength, plus about 50 other contributing factors.

This has the best battery battery life of any other cm based ROM I've flashed with the exception of a vs980 only PAC ROM build.

Make a backup, and flash it. Only takes five minutes to restore a backup

You mean we don't all use our devices the exact same way in the exact same scenarios?! So that means my experience might not be the same as yours? *mind blown*

Reactions: Lawlrus

NeverSeparate

Jan 22, 2012
Found this rom last night and flashed briefly before going to sleep, and restored my other rom before hand. I just wanted to check out those navigation bar mods you boasted about (see guys, you can flash something just to see its features and then restore a back up) but wasn't about to spend time setting it up so late. I may be doing that today. I noticed in the thread it's been said pie isn't happening, but that's not a big deal. I did see a request mentioned that I would like to second. Would it be a big deal to add screen off and power menu to nav bar options for long and double press? Slim Saber has it (as I'm sure many others do but I'm new to the phone and haven't tried many yet), so I assume it's something that could be pulled from slim. Beyond that, from my brief run through settings this looks pretty awesome.

Edit: Slim Saber has the navigation bar options for long press, but there are no double tap options for navigation bar at all in that rom, so that's actually what led me here. Just wanted to clarify that.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Uechy

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
@NeverSeparate

Would it be a big deal? Yes and no.

Exodus is like dirty Unicorns to the extent where, Kessler and the dev team font cherry pick features, they create them. One of the biggest draws to this ROM has always been the fact that all features (that I am aware of) were made from scratch, for the ROM. That means zero issues unlike some other ROMs that merg cherry picks

On top of that, all resources at this point are being directed at 6.0. So I can't make the call, but the idea of stopping 6.0 to code the feature, doesn't sound like its going to happen.

Reactions: goast and Uechy

NeverSeparate

Jan 22, 2012
@Lawlrus, I understand. I wouldn't suggest stopping work on 6. I only asked since nightlies are still being put out (right?) and thought there might still be minor work going into this. I'm sure it's a (relatively speaking) easy thing to implement compared to what's in the rom (morph, I'm looking at you). It was just a request. If it doesn't get done, I'm not mad. But if they wanted something that at least a few people here would find useful, that was my input. For the record, the whole "pro level devs building from the ground up" stuff was one of the things that grabbed my attention, so I definitely look forward to watching this grow.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

usmcamgrimm

Jul 29, 2011
Massillon, OH
Most things we put in Exodus are written from scratch, and some are cherry-picks that are rewritten or modified to meet a standard. With that out of the way, we aren't working on adding anything new to 5.1.1. Everyone is working on 6.0, so the ROM updates you're getting now are just improvements to the base code. If I remember though, once we get things stable and working, and we are adding features, I'll take a look at this.

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

EvilKing009

Feb 15, 2012
I founded 2 issues with this rom.

Volume is too low on this rom.Even after flashing other sound mods/tweaks, volume still too much low! :eek:

default keyboard's Swype is not working,with Google keyboard its working fine.

Btw rom is awesome! :cowboy:

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
I founded 2 issues with this rom.

Volume is too low on this rom.Even after flashing other sound mods/tweaks, volume still too much low! :eek:

default keyboard's Swype is not working,with Google keyboard its working fine.

Btw rom is awesome! :cowboy:

Personal preference on sound =/= an issue.

If its too low for you then edit your mixer paths.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Exodus-Header.png

Exodus-Screenshots.png

Exodus-About.png

EXODUS is an open-source project coded by professional level developers, focusing on improved versions of common features and improvements found in the open-source community while bringing new improvements and original coding with the highest standards.

Exodus-Installation.png

Be rooted w/ a custom recovery
    Download EXODUS Rom & Gapps for your device and move them to your phone
    Reboot to Recovery
    Wipe (Full wipe if coming from another Rom)**
    Flash the Rom
    Flash the Gapps**
    Reboot to System
    Setup and Reboot System
    These directions are not necessary after the first install if you use the Exodus Updater, included in the ROM. It can notify you of updates, download, and install them for you automatically.

**This is automated if coming from a previous Exodus build (Dirty Flashing).

Exodus-Sources.png

EXODUS - official: http://www.exodus-developers.net/exodus-5.1/
    GApps: Any 5.1.x GApps of your choice

Rom source: https://github.com/TeamExodus
    Gerrit: http://exodus-developers.net:8000

Exodus-Community.png

For additional support, info, and updates please join us in the official Google+ community:
    https://plus.google.com/communities/106801227383087889476

Website
    http://www.exodus-developers.net/

Crowdin project:
    Help us with translating to support your native language!

Exodus-Credits.png

Thank you to all the members, contributors, and maintainers on the Exodus Team. Please
    see our source for an unabridged list of contributions, authorship, and cherry-picks.

Eoxdus-Donations.png

If you would like to thank us for our hard work or help support server costs you can do so here:
    MartinRo (Server hosting)
    Primedirective (Team Leader / Main developer)

Exodus-Hindenburg1.png
    Exodus-Hindenburg2.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    Team-Exodus, ROM for the LG G2

Contributors
    usmcamgrimm, primedirective, Raja.M, martin_ro
    Source Code: http://www.github.com/TeamExodus

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-08-30
    Last Updated 2015-10-12
    Quick update:

We are switching 5.1.1 to weekly releases, as we are hard at work on 6.0 and there's really not much being done with 5.1.

We have been weighing our options and are creating the best possible ROM base to provide a smooth and stable platform. Device support will be added as we can; as has been mentioned, I do not own this device and will work on the G2 variants as soon as I can.

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk
    Supported devices:

D800
    D802
    LS980
    VS980

All G2 devices are scheduled to build Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
    Hey guys, this is what the fourth or fith time someone posted about the d8whatever?

He already stated more variants will be added. So that leads me to my question.

Do you gentleman (and I use this term very loosely) think that if you keep stating that you're waiting for it, somehow the magical android gods will speed up all build machines?
    We are listed in ORIGINAL android development for a reason. So you can go elsewhere to try those generic ROMs you mentioned. We prefer spending our time on android development rather than OP development. That said, if you look through the posts in this thread you'll see everything you need to know about this ROM...it's fast and it's stable, with professionals level coding, rewritten features and original features and coding. And some jerk that makes some cool wallpapers too lol